[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, crackaddict said:

Now that The Story of Minglan is finished, I will continue to selectively watch this again. Specifically, can yaw give me a heads up when MRF comes back on? :tounge_xd: I just been following Xing En and fan clubs on IG lololol 

MRF makes a brief appearance in Ep 33.

Episode 35 was an utter delight! Especially the desert scenes when CY finally makes his entrance. It was like watching a comedy skit of a love triangle being playfully enacted through innuendo and undercurrents. Props to all three actors for such an entertaining sequence.

DFS plays up the petulant little boy act to the T especially once he's left out in the cold by the OTP. :lol: I almost... the stress is on "almost"...  felt sorry for him. ;) He was completely left out of the conversation not understanding this strange turn of events... the unexpected, open flirtation between the OTP. It took the wind right out of his sails. The clueless look on his face as he was trying to decipher the undercurrents of their conversation was a laugh and a half. There is a history between CY and BQ that he can't possibly know and share.

Of course the humour came to a screeching halt when LQW appeared. The triangle turned into a square. Aright, alright... it was still kind of funny.

I am always so impressed with ZBB in his scenes with Ariel Lin. I am in love with the way he looks at her. It's as if the whole world doesn't matter except the two of them. Of course the killer smile always... always helps raise their chemistry to the stratosphere. :D I think that's the real reason why the OTP can't be together too often because I'll be too blinded by the killer smile and ensuing chemistry... Talk about oozing with cuteness on one level and giving off heat radiation on another. 

The desert sequence also shows the contrast between the two men and why I root for CY all the way. I have no doubt that both care for her. And it isn't a case of who saw her first etc. To me DFS is still a kid. A little boy who is accustomed to getting his own way and still thinking of BQ as some kind of prize. On the other hand, even if CY did grow up as the son of a prince, he has gone through a lot. I suspect that thinking that he lost her once really changed him in how he values her. I fine the respect that he has for BQ very attractive and of course the fact that he knows that she can handle herself without his intervention is the biggest plus factor of all.

Episode 35 got me laughed so hard and is probably the best episode so far! I couldn’t agree more with all of you guys said! I don’t know what to add more, I really enjoyed the scenes between CY and HBQ, it was so fking sweet like omggggg I couldn’t hold myself and giggle all the time lmao. Also, I feel so bad for DFS even tho I don’t ship him w/ HBQ but still loooool poor him when HBQ was so mean to him! Aaaaaand oh god, I didn’t want to see her -.- she’s so annoying but here she is, LQW. Funny how HBQ instant changed behavior towards DFS and he’s really enjoying it lmaoooo. Anyways, so glad I’ve been busy kinda those days so I couldn’t watch right after episodes were out so now I still have two episodes to watch hihihihi

4 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I am always so impressed with ZBB in his scenes with Ariel Lin. I am in love with the way he looks at her. It's as if the whole world doesn't matter except the two of them. Of course the killer smile always... always helps raise their chemistry to the stratosphere. :D I think that's the real reason why the OTP can't be together too often because I'll be too blinded by the killer smile and ensuing chemistry... Talk about oozing with cuteness on one level and giving off heat radiation on another. 

I find the respect that he has for BQ very attractive and of course the fact that he knows that she can handle herself without his intervention is the biggest plus factor of   all 

@40somethingahjumma sorry for cutting your post but I couldn’t agree more on your points above. When ZBB smiles at Ariel Lin, it takes the heat up to a whole other level. I can’t help but smile myself. 

I also really appreciated your point about CY respecting BQ and knowing she can handle herself. During the entire time in the desert, we see DFS pull her, grab her and forcefully put himself between her and CY. But the entire time DFS and BQ were bickering, CY just calmly listened and let BQ handle it herself. It says to me that he is both confident in himself and also knows her well enough to know when she actually needs help. I think one of the things that CY finds attractive with BQ is her ability to take care of herself, her wit and how she’s able to adapt to any situation and rise above it. 

6 hours ago, themarchioness said:

@mouse007, episode 35 is definitely an episode that's worth watching over and over again.  I also liked all those scenes you highlighted and agree with your comment that BQ and CY work well together.  In fact, one of my favorite scenes has always been that one where she feigned fainting spells in front of his dad's concubine and he smoothly went along with it.  At the time, she didn't like him and although he liked her as the beggar, he didn't like her as his father's illegitimate daughter.  But even under those circumstances where they were constantly butting heads, they worked well together!  This is the charm of the OTP. 

I've enjoyed the parts of the drama where the OTP had to be apart, but now that they're back together it's ACES. 

@themarchioness I feel like that kid behind you who’s watching over your shoulder and constantly checking if you’ve seen the new episode so you can tell me all about it. Hahaha!

The scene you mentioned is also one of my favourite scenes and one I’ve replayed many times. Because yes, you can really see how well they play together and how well they know each other. I loved that even though as CY he was acting cold towards BQ, you can actually tell he genuinely cares for her in that scene. 

Ugh guys, I just love this drama so much!!! 

Ep 36 recap!

Spoiler

Episode picks up with BQ and QW by the river.  QW's washing her leg when she suddenly, and quite purposefully, calls out, 'Hua Bu Qi!"  BQ sticks to her story though and pretends like she doesn't know who QW is calling after.  QW responds by introducing herself and asking how she should refer to this miss.  BQ introduces herself as Zhu Zhu.  Then she says, "It seems like your relationship with that Zhang Qin is pretty good.   Can you tell me how you met?"  QW says that in the beginning, their relationship wasn't that good.  But then there was this time when she was injured and they were stuck in a cave together.  In order to treat her, he very "tenderly" took off her clothes.  After that that time . . . QW purposely trails off, leaving things to the imagine, and BQ is clearly getting irritated just listening to this story.  BQ then seeks to clarify, "So based on what you're telling me, he's seen your body?"  She then asks if he will take responsibility for her.  QW responds that even though he hasn't said anything, she knows he won't not take care of her.  She then adds that she's been staying at his place for quite a while now and he always asks how she's doing.  She also says that all the people at this place know that they're a pair.  BQ asks why he hasn't taken her in marriage yet then, and QW says it's because he's very busy taking care of business matters right now but she's sure that once he's done with his work, he'll marry her.  BQ picks up on the her comment about his work and says it looks like this Zhang Qin is no ordinary person.  She then asks if QW has the proper background to be with a person like him.  QW says she's the head of the Ming Yue Shan clan, so of course she can match his credentials.  BQ's surprised to hear this as she thought Liu Ming Yue was the clan's head.  QW comments on BQ knowing about Ming Yue Shan but adds that her information is outdated, as Liu Ming Yue tried to kill Zhang Qin and has been outcast whereas she who helped him has been elevated to the head of the clan.  BQ says, "He helped you become the head?"  QW says yes, and BQ says, "He has quite the capabilities!  To help you become the head . . ."  (Someone's not happy . . . can't say I blame her!) 

Back with the horses, the two men are having their own conversation.  DFS starts off by saying that Zhang Qin has quite the capabilities to make a beautiful woman so devoted to him.  This angers CY who once again reminds him that QW is just a friend.  DFS says he doesn't think she feels that way, and CY says he can't control how she feels but it's impossible for them to be together.  DFS then guesses that CY and BQ have known each other for quite a while.  CY denies this and says, "We've only known each other for about a day, but it feels like I've known her for a long time."  But DFS knows he's lying.  He explains that originally he thought BQ was being nice to CY in order to richard simmons him off, but ever since QW's appearance, he can tel that BQ's jealousy is real.  This can only mean that this isn't the first time they're meeting.  DFS then says that BQ likes LYK; therefore, he guesses that Zhang Qin must be LYK.  Of course CY denies it, but that's okay too, DFS never expected him to hop to admitting it.  But the fact that he's moved BQ's heart, DFS says he won't let him off for that.  CY reminds him that even if he got rid of all his competitors, that wouldn't help him win a woman's heart.  DFS says he doesn't like to be troubled, so that's the only thing that annoys him.  Otherwise, he knows that one day BQ will be his and he's confident that he'll be able to win her heart by treating her well. 

The women return at this time and when BQ asks him what they've been talking about, DFS makes up some lies about CY and his history with women.  This of course upsets CY and QW also steps in to stand up for his character.  She also asks him why he insists on ruining CY's character.  BQ twists DFS's lips and says that he can't go one day without running off his mouth.  DFS apologizes to his "wife."  Then he suggests they continue on their journey before the sun reaches its highest point.

As they're getting on their horses, QW pretends that her injuries prevent her from riding by herself.  CY has no choice but to lift her on his horse . . . but then he immediately slips off and goes to BQ.  He tells her it's inconvenient for a male and female to ride a horse together and asks if she'll ride with QW.  Of course BQ agrees and happily switches horses with him.  The look on QW's face when she realizes this new arrangement, LOL! 

There's then this beautiful montage of them riding across the sand desert with pretty music riding in the background.  Not gonna lie, CY looks sooooo handsome riding his horse.  LOL. 

After a certain time, DFS just can't help himself and flicks a pebble at QW causing her to fall from the horse and tumble.  QW accuses BQ of pushing her off, and BQ accuses QW trying to injure herself for pity.  As the women bicker, CY steps in to suggest that QW ride with him. But he adds that the next inn is not too far away and once they're there, he wants her to stay until she's healed and then she's to return home immediately.  After BQ listens to them, she insists that DFS treat QW.  He's like, ""Oh, now you come to me!"  Haha.  As they're about to ride off, BQ pretends to faint and fall off her horse.  (ZOMG.  Dying of laughter.  Someone is soooo jealous.)  Of course CY turns back from his horse to return to BQ, whereas DFS cracks a comment that she's trying to keep CY busy and offers her some of his water.  She almost starts to drink from his water bottle until she remembers that she spiked it with sleeping powder and gives it back to him.  CY gives him his water instead, which she drinks.  But then QW starts making hurt sounds.  CY turns his head back to her and DFS takes advantage of that timing to lead BQ back to his horse so they can ride together.  Poor CY.  He's like, "Hey!" but has to keep swiveling his head between QW and BQ.  Sigh.  In the end, he rides with QW while DFS and BQ ride together. 

As CY mounts his horse and they start to ride, QW says to him, "Zhang Qin, Miss Zhu looks a lot like Hua Bu Qi.  Have you started to feelings for her?"  He says yes, he has started to have feelings for her, and QW answers by saying she's not going to give up.  He asks her what she's trying to do?  And all this while BQ is just watching them, although I don't think she can hear their conversation.  Instead, it just looks to her like they're having an intimate moment.

They finally arrive at the inn and CY immediately asks for four rooms.  The inn looks pretty empty and this concerns BQ, as she recalls the experience she had the last time she stayed at an empty inn.  The innkeeper promises that they're too close to the next city for them to do shady business, but at the same time there's stuff going on in the city that has affected the flow of their business.  DFS says that since BQ is concerned about their safety, they'll only need three rooms as he'll stay with her.  BQ says there's no way he's going to stay in the same room as her unless he becomes a woman.  As she knows that's not going to happen, the closest thing he can do is be a eunuch.  LOL.  CY laughs, but she's not to thrilled with him at the moment either and she shoots him a look, which has him sobering up immediately.  DFS also comments on her bad mood as BQ just says to the innkeeper that they'll take four rooms as well as all the medicine that they have at the inn. 

Everybody sees QW to her room and BQ makes DFS get to work on treating her.  As for herself and CY, they go across the way to a different room.  Well, more like BQ stalks off in anger and CY runs after her.  (She is soooo gonna wear the pants in that relationship; haha!)  The minute the door is closed behind them, CY moves in for a back hug, but she shakes him off.  She is sooo mad at him.  She insists he tell her what's going on with QW.  She wants to know why he's treating her so well.  She adds that until he explains himself, he better not think about hugging her.  He hugs her anyway and says he's been wanting to hug her like this for a while now, to the point where he's almost going crazy.  She tells him not to change the subject, although her voice is shaking as she says it.  He tells her that she knows the reason he came to this region was due to the emperor's order.  He's supposed to investigate Biluotian, but that's connected to Ming Yue Shan, and so he had no choice but to work with QW.  BQ shoves him away and asks, "It's only a working relationship?  Then why does she act so close to you?"  He swears they're just working together, but admits he never thought she'd have other feelings for him.  To the point where she'd even use her life to save him.  He explains that it's because of that that he can't just leave her without a care.  BQ is still annoyed and he asks her to believe in him because he swears he has no feelings for QW.  And she's like, "You don't?"  She points out that he left out a lot of details in his story, such as when they were stuck in a cave together and he saw her body, even touching her.  CY explains that their situation was dire at the time and he had to help her with the wound.  BQ asks him why?  She thinks he should've let her die in the cave.  After all, she reminds him, QW was responsible for her uncle's death.  Cy swears to her that everything is just one-sided on QW's part, and BQ says that's fine then.  The two of them should run away while DFS still doesn't know her real identity.  But CY admits he can't leave QW at the inn by herself.  You may imagine BQ's reaction to that.  He tells her though that she doesn't understand.  BQ points out that she's Ming Yue Shan clan's person.  She suspects that when she saved CY's life, that was her injuring herself on purpose to gain his sympathy.  CY disagrees though, as he knows the seriousness of her injury and he doesn't think she could've faked that.  BQ wonders what exactly happened between them that he's so trusting of QW.  That's when CY explains that when QW killed his uncle, she was actually operating under orders at the time, and the real person behind everything is Liu Ming Yue.  BQ asks him to repeat that one more time.  Then she takes out a knife and says she's going to kill her one more time. 

CY reaches out to grab BQ and as she turns back, she slices his hand. She freaks out and drops the knife immediately.  As she takes his injured hand in her own, she asks him why he didn't avoid her.  With his martial arts skills, he should be able to avoid easily something like that.  He tells her though that when it comes to her, he can't avoid her.  Then he tells her that once the matter with Biluotian is over, they'll return to the forest and life a carefree life.  BQ says, "Who wants to return to the forest with you?  Zhu Family still hasn't repaid their debt."  CY says he'll repay it for her, and then not only will they live a carefree life, but they'll also have children.  He paints a picture with his words of her and the kids waiting for him by the door each day.  BQ says, "If we have children, you'll never have a carefree life.  They'll be bothering you every day.  You'll be busy enough then."  CY looks at her and says, "How do you know?"  And she admits without thinking, "I've also thought about it," and then quickly adds, "I've never thought about it."  Haha.  These two.  So cute.  CY just smiles.  And then they KISS.

After this interlude, CY goes to check on QW.  DFS tells him that things are bad and she needs someone to watch over her for the  night.  Only if she gets through this night will she then be okay.  CY sighs and accepts the task, recognizing that there's no one else to do it.  That night, he sleeps sitting up at the table.  QW wakes up and looks at him.  And that's when we flashback to earlier in the day when it'd just been her and DFS in the room.  Originally, she'd wanted QW to tell him about CY's relationship with that "Hua Bu Qi' she mentioned earlier.  QW's no idiot though.  She can tell that DFS and QW are foes and she's not going to harm CY by revealing his information.  DFS says it's fine if she doesn't want to tell him, but it appears to him that they have common goals in mind -- he wants BQ and she wants CY, so maybe they should work together.  That's how, in the end, QW makes a noise pretending to be hurt in her sleep.  CY wakes up and goes to tend to her, and as he's by her bedside, she scatters sleeping powder on him that makes him faint immediately. 

(As a sidebar moment I should add that there's a really cute scene with BQ in her room that night, desperately wanting to go check on QW and CY, but also afraid that if she does it'll look like she doesn't trust him.  She's also terrified of what she might actually find if she visits them.  Her jealousy and antsy behavior is pretty comical to watch.) 

The next morning, BQ is up early and DFS finds her dilly dallying outside QW's door.  He comments on this and she says she just wants them start their travels for the day, and that's the only reason she wanted to see what they were up to.  DFS says it's fine as he was going to check on QW anyway and so he leads the way merrily, knowing exactly what he would find.  Which is QW sitting up in bed to reveal a sleeping CY behind her.  Ugh.  We knew this scene was coming.

BQ rushes off in tears and ends up back in the desert where she cries her heart out.  DFS follows her there.  He asks her if CY is LYK, and that's why she's so upset, but she has enough wits about her to say he's not.  At a certain point, she grabs at DFS's water bottle and takes a swig, forgetting about the sleeping powder.  DFS takes a drink as well and before you know it, both of them are passed out in the sand.  The sand bandit from the day before had been following them all this time so he steals their belongings and also takes BQ, knowing that his master will appreciate a woman like her. 

Back at the inn, CY wakes up and realizes sleeping powder was used on him.  At first he thinks it was all DFS's doing and tells her that she'd better change her clothes lest the powder he used remains on her.  But after he hears from the innkeeper that BQ left seemingly upset, with DFS trailing after her, and that they've been gone for half a day already, he realizes that QW was the one who used the sleeping powder on him.  QW admits it and says that the only reason she did it was because she loves him too much.  He shakes her off and says that from this moment forward, their cooperative working relationship ends.  YAY!  He also tells her to return back to her home immediately.  As he walks off, she holds him back and says, "Zhu Zhu is Hua Bu Qi, isn't she?"  She reminds him that they're siblings, and that he can't love her, and that everyone knows about their sibling relationship, so they can't be.  But CY tells her that BQ isn't his father's daughter, so they're not siblings.  He once again shrugs her off and QW is left crying after him.  She then says to absolutely no one but herself, "This can't be.  You must be lying to me." 

CY enters the sand desert and finds DFS.  He wakes up DFS and asks him where BQ is.  He's pissed, DFS is pissed, everyone is pissed.  They soon figure out that sand bandits must be behind BQ's absence and they have no choice but to ride on one horse together to find her.  (Admittedly, I laughed at the image of these two fellows on one horse.)

Meanwhile, deep in the caverns, Liu Ming Yue meets with the head of the sand bandits.  He wants to storm Ming Yue Shan and depose of QW, but LMY tells him to not be so hasty.  Her plan is to wait for Qing Yan to get better, then she'll send QY in to pretend to be her sister.  This will confuse the people at Ming Yue Shan, who've turned their devotion to QW, and she'll be able to take them out easily.  Once her forces are weakened, it'll be easier to take back Ming Yue Shan.  The sand bandit leader praises her for her brilliance.  She admits the one flaw in her plan is that she didn't anticipate it would take QY this long to recuperate.  She starts to leave, saying that she's going to check on QY, and it's at this time that the little sand bandit returns with BQ.  As he sets BQ behind a rock, LMY never sees her actual person.  The sand bandit leader pretends to be all annoyed at his underling's actions but LMY says, "Whatever," she knows about their licentious ways and they needn't try to pretend like they're so virtuous in front of them.  She leaves them be.

After she leaves, the sand bandit leader checks out BQ.  He's entranced by what she sees.  As he would take a paw at her, BQ leaps up and pokes at him.  This only causes him to like him more.  As he advances towards her once more, she quickly blurts out that if he doesn't harm her, she'll pay him a large sum of money -- it's no small amount, he could buy a lot of horses, and who else knows what.  After much debating around, the sand bandit leader thinks it's worth trusting her for now and so he agrees to let her try and get the money together.  If she can pay him off, he'll send her home safely and soundly.  After he leaves, she asks the little sand bandit to brought her there about DFS.  He tells her that he's a robber, not a killer, and so he left DFS behind.  He also figured that DFS would be quite skilled in the martial arts so he didn't want to risk taking him, and then having DFS waking up in the middle of their journey, such that they would end up having to fight.  Aw, little sand bandit's kind of dimwit.  It oddly makes him a little endearing.  Heh.  

After the sand bandit leaves, BQ wonders if anyone will be able to see him.  That's when we cut to the end scene which is CY walking through the sand desert by himself.  No idea what's happened to his horse or DFS, but he's by himself and it's really hot.  You can tell the weather is affecting him and eventually he falls dizzily to the ground and passes out.  Episode ends.

And now I've got to hurry on to watch the next ep!!!!  I ended up staying late at work tonight, so gah!   :P 

18 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

@40somethingahjumma sorry for cutting your post but I couldn’t agree more on your points above. When ZBB smiles at Ariel Lin, it takes the heat up to a whole other level. I can’t help but smile myself. 

I also really appreciated your point about CY respecting BQ and knowing she can handle herself. During the entire time in the desert, we see DFS pull her, grab her and forcefully put himself between her and CY. But the entire time DFS and BQ were bickering, CY just calmly listened and let BQ handle it herself. It says to me that he is both confident in himself and also knows her well enough to know when she actually needs help. I think one of the things that CY finds attractive with BQ is her ability to take care of herself, her wit and how she’s able to adapt to any situation and rise above it. 

@themarchioness I feel like that kid behind you who’s watching over your shoulder and constantly checking if you’ve seen the new episode so you can tell me all about it. Hahaha!

The scene you mentioned is also one of my favourite scenes and one I’ve replayed many times. Because yes, you can really see how well they play together and how well they know each other. I loved that even though as CY he was acting cold towards BQ, you can actually tell he genuinely cares for her in that scene. 

Ugh guys, I just love this drama so much!!! 

Now I have to find that scene again! :)

@themarchioness thank you! What would I do without you! Oh I know, lose sleep until the subs come out. :joy:

Oh you can totally tell BQ is going to be wearing the pants and I love how she’s totally upfront about being upset. And I love the way she questions CY. It’s funny how back in the day, she was scared of CY and how the tables have turned! 

Let’s just all enjoy this one more time

Spoiler

Post 36-37 viewing thoughts...

If DFS wants to win over BQ, he needs to do a lot better than all his petty scheming. Better still he should do nothing at all. I can't speak for BQ of course but from where I'm standing the more he does, the more he shows himself to be a self-centred, overgrown tyrant. It's "I this, I that..." What about showing some modicum of respect to the lady you're trying to woo rather than treating her as a trophy? Manipulating circumstances to his advantage is undoubtedly his default position especially considering his pedigree. I can't help agreeing with BQ to some extent that if it weren't for him, she wouldn't be in as much jeopardy as she is.

Of course without him in the drama, it wouldn't be quite as funny on some level. ;) But why did they have to make him so arrogant and puerile in courtship? I liked him much better as the Young Master 少主 throwing his weight around Lin Ming Yue. It was then only that I thought he was someone I could take seriously. 

BQ is great as usual. Even if she's been kidnapped by the desert cave people, she finds her own way to survive. She's still quick on feet weaseling out of one situation after another. Her explanations always sound so plausible. I love her so much.

I love that CY continues to address BQ as 我的夫人 (my wife or the modern equivalent: my missus) and proudly praises her for her intelligence and competence. That tells me that they've most likely done the deed together. I suspect that their cave scenes together were just an excuse for the director to insert skinship where possible. But hey... I'm not complaining! Pour on the honey please! And all that cute dialogue about his ideas for the future and having kids. :wub:  On top of that, the deal they made when he promised half his manor including him in the package... :wub: if she helped him find the map. I imagine BQ was sufficiently placated by that. :D Talk about whispering sweet nothings... 

I was undone... 

50 minutes ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Post 36-37 viewing thoughts...

If DFS wants to win over BQ, he needs to do a lot better than all his petty scheming. Better still he should do nothing at all. I can't speak for BQ of course but from where I'm standing the more he does, the more he shows himself to be a self-centred, overgrown tyrant. It's "I this, I that..." What about showing some modicum of respect to the lady you're trying to woo rather than treating her as a trophy? Manipulating circumstances to his advantage is undoubtedly his default position especially considering his pedigree. I can't help agreeing with BQ to some extent that if it weren't for him, she wouldn't be in as much jeopardy as she is.

Of course without him in the drama, it wouldn't be quite as funny on some level. ;) But why did they have to make him so arrogant and puerile in courtship? I liked him much better as the Young Master 少主 throwing his weight around Lin Ming Yue. It was then only that I thought he was someone I could take seriously. 

BQ is great as usual. Even if she's been kidnapped by the desert cave people, she finds her own way to survive. She's still quick on feet weaseling out of one situation after another. Her explanations always sound so plausible. I love her so much.

I love that CY continues to address BQ as 我的夫人 (my wife or the modern equivalent: my missus) and proudly praises her for her intelligence and competence. That tells me that they've most likely done the deed together. I suspect that their cave scenes together were just an excuse for the director to insert skinship where possible. But hey... I'm not complaining! Pour on the honey please! And all that cute dialogue about his ideas for the future and having kids. :wub:  On top of that, the deal they made when he promised half his manor including him in the package... :wub: if she helped him find the map. I imagine BQ was sufficiently placated by that. :D Talk about whispering sweet nothings... 

I was undone... 

Thank you for the recap. Looking forward to these episodes next week. :)

@mouse007, don't worry.  I'm about to lose sleep recapping episode 37.  We can be sleepless together!  :joy:

Y'all so much happens in episode 37... I can't even.  I'll try and explain as best as I can what's going on. 

Spoiler

Episodes opens with two sand bandits running up the sand dune to find CY passed out on other side of it.  They discuss how even though he's passed out, he's still holding on tightly to his belongings.  They figure there must be good stuff inside and note that he's in the desert without even a horse.  They figure it'll be easy enough to kill him since he's already passed out, but when they approach CY, he suddenly awakes and tackles the men.  DFS also flies in to help.  It turns out it was all a ruse.  Sounds like they've been searching for BQ for two days now and this was their way to make contact with the sand bandits and force them into showing them the entrance to their caves.  It was kind of nice watching these two men work together . . . (spoiler for what comes next: if only that good feeling could've lasted). 

Back in the sand cave, BQ is working on a drawing and won't let the sand bandit leader see it until she's done.  When she finally finishes, she shows him a drawing of the gambling table - the same kind that she previously sold to that other merchant.  So, as background, in her travels towards Dong Ping Jun, BQ and Zhu Shou were pretending to be from the Sima family.  Their specialty is in the art of gambling, which is why they've been marketing gambling related stuff on their travels.  Anyway, BQ is using this same drawing now and other gambling game ideas to convince the sand bandit leader that if he follows her instructions, he'll be able to earn a lot of money.  He is initially distrustful, pointing out that where she claims to be from, he recognizes certain families but has never heard of the Sima family.  She explains that because of the nature of their business, gambling, they naturally keep a low profile.  Eventually, her powers of persuasion wins out and the sand bandit leader agrees to give her table a try and in exchange, he'll consider letting her out to walk around.  (BQ had complained to him that she was getting bored being cooped up in her quarters and had begged to be allowed to go for a walk.)

The sand bandit follows BQ's recommendations for gambling games.  The terms and conditions of the game sound so easy to win that soon all the other sand bandits are clamoring to play.  As a result, the sand bandit leader ends up making bank.  As a result, he sends the little sand bandit to take BQ for a walk around their caves.  While BQ is excited to hear this update, she can't help but notice the little sand bandit seems down.  He explains that he doesn't know how their leader has recently found a new gaming method, but thanks to it, he's been losing all his money.  BQ knows the answer, but can't say anything, and therefore encourages him to gamble less instead. 

Anyway, they begin their walk around the caves.  BQ observes everything as she walks around -- and I have to say, it is interesting how they seem to have build a whole 'nother world in these sand caves.  As they walk along, BQ also asks questions about how the sand bandits operate.  Smart girl, gathering information, and fortunately the little sand bandit is dim enough to not realize what she's doing.  I must admit he's so clueless I've grown a soft spot for him.  I don't think he's a bad person by nature, it sounds like he turned to being a sand bandit because of his poor financial circumstances, and I've love to see him escaping with BQ and CY.  I bet if y gave him a job with them, he'd be devoted to them!  But now I'm just letting loose with my thoughts... writing fanfic while I recap.  Haha.  Back to the episode! 

As they walk along, it occurs to BQ that there are so many places there's no way the sand bandit leader can remember every place.  She guesses that he must have a map and if she can find it, she'll be able to use it find her way out.  Around this time, they happen upon some sand bandits playing several types of gambling games.  After observing one of them, she gets a good feeling and asks the little sand bandit to loan her some money.  She tells him that she'll win back his money for him and while he doesn't necessarily believe her, he agrees anyway.  BQ settles in to play, and I swear.  This is what I love about her.  Because of how she grew up, she she truly can fit in wherever she goes. 

At this same time, Liu Ming Yue is visiting Qing Yan.  LMY hasn't been able to heal Qing Yan, and she in turn apologizes for not recovering faster.  She says that the Mo Family must've used some sort of special poison on her, but she can't figure it out.  LMY tells her not to worry as she'll figure it out eventually.  When Qing Yan comments that the gold needle her master stuck in her seems to have approached her chest, LMY tells her to let it be in her body for several more days as it'll help her.  She also says QY shouldn't worry about it as it won't hurt her and will eventually come out naturally.  (Sounds freaky weird, if you ask me.)  After LMY leaves, we see QY reach for a pill bottle.  She says out loud that she bet her master would never have imagined that she's poisoning herself.  (I think whatever she's taking counteracts with the gold needle, so so long as the gold needle stays within her, she'll never get better.  But i'm not positive on that translation and I don't have the time to look it up and check.)

After LMY leaves QY, she walks through the area where the sand bandits are gambling.  At that same moment, BQ is jumping up and down celebrating her winnings.  She catches LMY's eye although LMY only sees her side profile.  Back in her own throne room or whatever it is, the sand bandit leader approaches with some map (of troops?).  She tells him to handle the matter and then talks to him about how she's having trouble figuring out QY's poison.  He offers to kidnap a doctor, but that just insults her as it suggests someone else would be better at the healing arts than her.  She tells him that she'll figure it out herself.  Then she asks him about the Sima girl, wanting to know why he let her out.  He gives his explanation but then promises to have her sent back to her quarter, figuring that she must find it offensive to have her roaming around.  But LMY stops him.  She tells him to go deal with the map stuff, but to also have someone bring the Sima girl to her.  She's young, LMY observes, but she's got guts.  She also comes from a family that may be of some use to her and if that's the case, that will make the Mysterious Man happy.  In short, LMY is interested in this girl.

As the sand bandit leader walks off with troops of men, we see that CY and DFS have also found their way into the cave.  They then take out a bunch of men while working together.  But as soon as that's done, CY suggest that they split up to find BQ since they don't have a lot of time, and DFS responds that he's been wanting to separate from him for a while.  CY just looks at him not even deigning to give him a response, and yeah, I pretty much feel the same way.  Like really?  Are we going to do this, at at time like this???  Priorities, DFS, priorities!  (And this, is why CY is so much the better man!)  After CY runs off, DFS smirks to himself and says, "I must find Zhu Ya Tou (his name for BQ) before you do."  Because yes, DFS, at a time like this, we must have a pissing match!  Ugh.

Meanwhile, word reaches the little sand bandit that LMY wants to meet with BQ.  As he takes her to LMY, BQ is surprised to learn that the sand bandit leader is not the top dog of these sand caverns and that there's someone higher up the hierarchy than him.  As they arrive at the throne room (or whatever it is), BQ catches a glimpse of LMY and realizes who she's about to meet.  This has her scrambling backwards and when the little sand bandit asks her what's wrong, BQ just starts to rub dirt all over her face.  He asks her why she's doing that and BQ tells him that their leader is an older woman.  She wouldn't want her to be jealous of her beauty and youth once they meet, so she says it's best to dirty herself up first before meeting with her.  Oh, BQ.  I adore you and that brain of yours. 

LMY and BQ finally meet. She asks BQ about her dirtied face and this time she explains that after she received word that LMY wanted to meet her, she hurried over and as a result, accidentally tripped and fell.  As she talks she purposely clenches her teeth to distort her face and her manner of speech.  By the end of their convo, I swear she'll have even changed her voice.  Haha.  Anyway, LMY tells BQ to go wash her face and then come back to meet with her, but BQ says she doesn't dare let LMY wait and asks her to what she wanted to meet with her about.  LMY asks her about the gambling stuff and after BQ explains her family business, LMY suggests that their families work together to grow business. BQ responds by saying that she's not able to commit to such an agreement and recommends that they await the arrival of her family.  Once her family arrives, LMY can discuss business with them.  LMY finds this reasonable and sends her off.  Just as BQ is celebrating having gotten away with her ruse, LMY calls her back saying she looks familiar and asks if they've met previously.  BQ thinks quickly and decides to turn the tables by saying that she remembers now, they have met before!  (This is the scene from the intro credits.)  She says that during the bidding for the treasury stuff, she and her family traveled to the capitol to witness the festivities.  She identifies LMY as LMY, but LMY who is currently an outcast and trying to hide her identity, immediately turns away and says she's not, and that BQ has mistaken her for another person.  As BQ probes asking if she really isn't LMY, LMY hurries to send her away.  Good job, BQ!

As BQ walks off, she thinks to herself that with LMY there, she has to figure out a way out as she can't stay there anymore.  Just as she's thinking that, a coin drops on the floor in front of her.  It's LYK's coin!  When the little sand bandit turns around to see what's holding her up, she hides the coin and then fakes a stomach ache so that the little sand bandit won't find it odd that she no longer wants to walk around and hurries back to her room.  Once in her room, she takes the coin out and thinks that he must've finally found this place.  It's right at that moment that CY arrives.  YAY!

Of course the minute he enters her room, BQ's expression changes and won't even look at him when he sits next to her, turning the other way, and then turning the other way again when he moves to her other side.  Sigh.  So we're going to have to deal with the QW business first, are we?  Meanwhile I'm screaming at the screen that maybe they should get the heck out of there first before they worry about that!  But I suppose it's going to be a battle to escape so maybe it's good if they clear the air first in case they never get a chance later.  Maybe that's what they're thinking??  In any event, CY just responds to all her turning away by hugging her close.  He says he's glad to see she's okay and adds that he's spent the last two days regretting his carelessness.  He tells her that if anything had happened to her, he wouldn't know how to keep on living.  BQ shoves him away and stands up, saying, "Don't you also have LQW?"  He tells her it was all a set up between QW and DFS.  They wanted to harm him and he tells her he's already dealt with QW.  He asks her to trust him that he's never done anything unforgiving towards her.  She asks, "Really?"  And just as he's about to swear his promise, she tells him there's no need and that she trusts him.  She admits that she's spent the past several days thinking over everything as well and has found a lot of fishy spots.  For example, it seemed like DFS already knew what they'd find inside, and that's why he purposely didn't knock on the door before entering the room.  It was as if he wanted her to see what she saw inside the room that morning.  CY is happy to see that she's thought things through for herself, and then he gathers her close while saying, "My wife is that smart."  BQ turns away cutely and asks, "Who's your wife?"  CY back hugs her and says they don't have a lot of time.  He asks her if they can hurry up and leave.  She responds by smiling and saying, "With you being like this, how can I leave?"  Awww.

CY and BQ begin their escape through the sand caverns.  By now the sand bandits have sounded the alarms knowing that they have outsiders in their midst, and so it's not before long that CY and BQ are cornered from every side.  LMY also makes an appearance and as she identifies CY as the Dong Ping Jun Wang, she orders her people to kill them both.  In the distance, DFS takes in this scene while CY begins to display his usual set of excellent fighting skills to ward off their attackers.  CY and BQ make their escape and LMY tells her people to follow them.  Immediately following this, DFS calls out, "LMY!"  She immediately greets him as the young master and you know . . . with all the bickering and bantering in the desert, and everything else, it was all too easy to forget for a second his real identity.  This moment was a nice wake-up call/reminder.  DFS immediately goes into motion.  He asks if all the sand bandits are his grandfather's troops, and she confirms that they're his troops disguised as sand bandits.  He tells her to notify them at once that they're to kill only the man, because if anything happens to the girl, he'll kill the person who harms her and then LMY.  He then orders her to come find him in the throne room once she's carried out his order.

Once in the throne room, where DFS has clearly taken control, he asks for an explanation about everything and also seeks reassurance that no harm has come to BQ.  She can at least reassure him on that count, but as for the rest . . . there's a lot that gets shared in this conversation and I'm running out of time (it's late!) so instead of rewatching the scene, I'll try and do this as best as I can from my memory.  First, she tells him that the person with BQ is definitely Dong Ping Jun Wang.  DFS quickly loops Dong Ping Jun Wang back to the Seventh Prince and says this means he and BQ are half siblings.  As they're rumored to not get along, he wonders why it looks to him like they're in a love relationship.  LMY corrects him on that score and says she heard the Seventh Prince wasn't even in the capitol when Xue Fei got pregnant; therefore, they're not siblings.  I think they also discuss how there are people searching for the entrance to Biluotian and they guess that it's the Seventh Prince's people.  DFS also starts to put together puzzle pieces to confirm his earlier conjecture that Dong Ping Jun Wang is LYK.  He then thinks back to his seal that BQ stole and wonders if that's the real purpose of her trip - that it wasn't to sell stuff, but to find LYK so she could ask him about it. 

[I have to add a sidenote here that this was something I forgot to mention in yesterday's recaps.  Before DFS and his sidekick split up, he commented on the fact that BQ had his seal and wondered if she was trying to find LYK to ask him about it.  That's why, at one point, he though she might actually be headed towards the capitol, as Xiao Xia had claimed.  Then, when he finally found BQ, one of the first things he did was ask her to return the thing that she stole.  When she asked him about the seal, he downplayed its significance and said it was just something his family had been given for doing a service for that royal family.  Ever since then, they'd treated it as a family jewel/heirloom.  But I don't think it's as simple as that and, in fact, i don't think we've touched the surface as to who DFS really is.  I think there may be some royalty in him after all, too.]

The other thing LMY and DFS discuss is the fact that QW has betrayed her and taken over Ming Yue Shan.  DFS is shocked to learn of this update, and even more shocked to hear that his grandfather doesn't know about it.  He takes LMY to task for hiding this information and tells her she'd better go find his grandfather at once to confess everything.  As for himself, he thinks back to the fact that he's met QW already.  He then tells LMY that he'll kill her to restore Ming Yue Shan. 

Meanwhile, BQ and CY are hiding out in a little alcove.  With so many people looking for them, he suggests they wait until night time before trying to escape again.  He says before that though, he wants to figure out the location of the spies so that he can let his army exterminate all the bandits.  BQ says she knows where he lives and CY compliments on her cleverness.  He says, "My wife is just that amazing."  He says that if they really can suppress the bandits this time, then she'll deserve half credits for the work.  She jokes with him that she doesn't want the credit, she wants a reward.  He calls her a little moneygrubber and asks her how much she wants, as she can have everything in his palace. She asks if that includes him, and he says including him.  BQ immediately agrees to those terms.  I love that even at a time like this, they can have this sweet moment. 

It's now night time and still the sand bandits can't find them.  The leader tells people to go stake out the exits, as they must still be inside, and he himself goes to his room to catch some Zs since he says he hasn't slept in a day. 

As CY finally makes his move to find the map of the caves, he wants BQ to stay behind but she insists on going with him.  She gives a sweet speech about how in the beginning, he pretended to not like her, and then they went through all that stuff and were even separated, it hasn't been easy for them to be together and she's not leaving him ever again.  She doesn't leave him much choice, and so he agrees to let her come.  He tells her to stick close, and she jokes back that he's going to want to stick closer to her since she's more familiar with the caves compared to him. 

Eventually, they find the sand bandit leader sleeping in his room.  In order to find the map, CY has no choice but to slit his throat.  Poor BQ looks like she's going to be sick. Just remember sweetie, he never kills unless he has to!  As CY and BQ begin their hunt for the map, the scene cuts to DFS who's irritated at LMY because none of their men have been able to find BQ.  He points out this entire time, he hasn't made an appearance but if he knew this was going to happen, then he would've made his appearance earlier and tried to find her on his own.  He sends LMY off to find out what's going on.  After she learns from the other sand bandits that their leader went to bed, she goes to find him immediately.  Good thing he's dead already.  I'm not sure he would've survived LMY's wrath.

Around this time, CY find a chest.  It's a good thing in the end that he brought BQ along with him, as she picks the lock open allowing them to find the map within.  When they hear someone approaching, they hide in the corner.  LMY enters and sweeps the room with her eyes.  She can tell CY and BQ must be in that room, so she leaves the room and then calls for her people.  CY leaves his knife with BQ and tells her to stay back.  He then rushes out to head off the attack and lead the bandits away from BQ.  As he flits and flies around, we see that multiple fires are started around the cave.  (The natural assumption would be that CY is the one doing it since he's the one running around trying to escape, but the reality is we never actually see who's starting the fires.  And based on the last scene of the episode, I think it's more likely that DFS is the one who starts the fires.) 

It's at this time that a lone bandit arrives in the room that BQ is in.  She charges out with the sword, but it turns out to be DFS dressed like a bandit.  She asks him what he's doing there and he says, "At a time like this, of course it's up to me to save you."  (UGH.  PUKE.)  He's brought an extra set of clothes with him and tells her to change into them.  He also tells her that with all the bandits trying to put out the fires, now's the perfect time for them to escape.  BQ doesn't want to leave though, she wants to stay and wait for CY.  That's when DFS tells her that CY is the one who started the fires and that he's the one who sent DFS to save her.  He then tells her to hurry up and change.  The episode ends with BQ puzzling over what to do. 

@themarchioness as always, I am thankful for the recap. You sacrificed your sleep so that our poor souls can read the recap and know what is happening. You recap really really well by the way. :blush:

I'm not going to complain much about the episodes we had to endure with CY and BQ apart because the drama sure is making up for it by giving us so many sweet moments between our OTP. I watched the raw version of ep 37 and really loved that scene where they're lying in the alcove for 2 reasons... 1) we get a sweet moment between CY and BQ amidst all the chaos and 2) it gives me an idea of what them sleeping together would've been like (****LOLOL naughty grin****)

I die everytime CY refers to BQ as his wife. It's such a simple word but carries so much meaning. It's all CY needs to say to convey the depth of his love and devotion to her. Unlike DFS who resorts to all sorts of things to keep BQ by his side. 

I think DFS started the fires as a way to convince BQ to come with him but also to possibly trap CY inside and kill him. :bawling:

Can we just all take a moment to appreciate this scene one more time...

Spoiler

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

@themarchioness as always, I am thankful for the recap. You sacrificed your sleep so that our poor souls can read the recap and know what is happening. You recap really really well by the way. :blush:

I'm not going to complain much about the episodes we had to endure with CY and BQ apart because the drama sure is making up for it by giving us so many sweet moments between our OTP. I watched the raw version of ep 37 and really loved that scene where they're lying in the alcove for 2 reasons... 1) we get a sweet moment between CY and BQ amidst all the chaos and 2) it gives me an idea of what them sleeping together would've been like (****LOLOL naughty grin****)

I die everytime CY refers to BQ as his wife. It's such a simple word but carries so much meaning. It's all CY needs to say to convey the depth of his love and devotion to her. Unlike DFS who resorts to all sorts of things to keep BQ by his side. 

I think DFS started the fires as a way to convince BQ to come with him but also to possibly trap CY inside and kill him. :bawling:

Can we just all take a moment to appreciate this scene one more time...

Reveal hidden contents

I think so too. At this point for me its hard not to dislike DFS. Especially after he finds out CY is Lian Yi Ke and he orders everyone to kill him but not BQ. I just dont like the way DFS pushes himself on Buqi. Instead of endearing, he comes off as childish creep and manipulative. Maybe I will change my mind later.. Maybe not. 

Thank you for the compliment, @mouse007, and yeah... I'm going to have to figure out how to do better next week.  I went to bed way too late last night.  :P  

As for DFS, I think with Episode 37, he pretty much killed any little bit of goodwill he had been earning with me for the past couple of episodes.  And I was feeling that way before he gave the order to kill CY (but not BQ).  I really did not appreciate his comments when CY suggested they split up to find BQ.  His response that he'd been wanting to separate himself from CY and that he had to BQ first only emphasized how childish and immature he is.  Everything with DFS is a race and a competition, and it's at times like these that his immaturity really plays out.  He's small-minded, too focused on his self, and petty.  Too harsh?  I'll accept disagreements and opposing views, but that's how I see him -- I keep waiting for DFS to see the greater good of things, and I was hoping that with him at least feeling protective towards BQ that meant he would, but after Episode 37...

The thing is, I do believe his interest in BQ is genuine.  He finds her clever and her brain stimulates and challenges him, so she's interesting to him.  I don't think he'd be happy with a wife he could walk all over.  But he is so overbearing in his wooing of her it's uncomfortable.  I dislike the way he tries to make decisions for her -- if you recognize she has a brain, let her use it!  I also dislike the way he assumes that if there was no competition, she'd be interested in him.  It doesn't work that way.  Plus, does he really think if he kills the person she loves, that is going to endear him to her???  If so, he really needs to rethink the comments he's constantly making about him being so smart.

Finally, the one thing that's been bugging me about DFS since Wednesday's episodes, is a comment he made in one of those two episodes.  It was to the effect that he could change for her (and I think it was from that scene where she says to CY that she likes people like LYK, and then he drags her aside and says that if that's the kind of person she likes, then he too can be a martial arts fighter who saves people).  Whether it was in that moment, or another where he said something similar, I started thinking to myself: I really hate when people say they'll change for someone else.  

Don't misunderstand.  I think part of life is meeting others, learning from them, and improving ourselves by modeling the behaviors that we find positive in others.  So, we absolutely are as human beings affected by the people around us.  What I don't like about DFS's comment though is that he puts the onus of his change on her -- like, if you accept me, I will become that person.  The responsibility for his growth as a human being should not be on her.  It should be on him.  He should want to improve himself and become a better person because it matters to him.  

Ep35 was definitely amazing episode.  The interactions between main two and DFS are so funny.  :joy:

Glad the misunderstanding didn't last long ... it showed that both of them are deeply in love.   Both third wheels needs to roll down on the road ... lol .. buqi (ariel) is too cute.... in the scenes when she wanted to eat the snake meat and the scene of them in the tiny cave (hole) area... i wish we get to see them do more kissing scenes and longer and not just fade out all the time ..lol

3 hours ago, themarchioness said:

As for DFS, I think with Episode 37, he pretty much killed any little bit of goodwill he had been earning with me for the past couple of episodes.  And I was feeling that way before he gave the order to kill CY (but not BQ).  I really did not appreciate his comments when CY suggested they split up to find BQ.  His response that he'd been wanting to separate himself from CY and that he had to BQ first only emphasized how childish and immature he is.  Everything with DFS is a race and a competition, and it's at times like these that his immaturity really plays out.  He's small-minded, too focused on his self, and petty.  Too harsh?  I'll accept disagreements and opposing views, but that's how I see him -- I keep waiting for DFS to see the greater good of things, and I was hoping that with him at least feeling protective towards BQ that meant he would, but after Episode 37...

The thing is, I do believe his interest in BQ is genuine.  He finds her clever and her brain stimulates and challenges him, so she's interesting to him.  I don't think he'd be happy with a wife he could walk all over.  But he is so overbearing in his wooing of her it's uncomfortable.  I dislike the way he tries to make decisions for her -- if you recognize she has a brain, let her use it!  I also dislike the way he assumes that if there was no competition, she'd be interested in him.  It doesn't work that way.  Plus, does he really think if he kills the person she loves, that is going to endear him to her???  If so, he really needs to rethink the comments he's constantly making about him being so smart.

Well said. :D

But in my case I didn't have any good will to begin with. :P A nuisance he was and a nuisance he continues to be. Frankly I did in fact want to see something redeemable about him. No one watches a show with the intention of hating any character even the villains. The hope is always that there's something about a character that you can appreciate, something about their villainy that resonates with your humanity.

The problem with DFS' brand of cleverness is that it is petty and has no thought for the consequences for others and even for how he comes across. Sure he might be cleverly opportunistic but he has no sense of how he can use that to play the long game. To me he's essentially a child who is used to getting his toys on demand and can't understand why this toy despite his pushing all her buttons repeatedly isn't marching to his tune no matter what he does.  

After Ep. 37, I'm even questioning if he really does care about BQ at all. As a human being that is. As you say, she presents him with a challenge, a puzzle as it were and he probably, as a talented physician enjoys making a correct diagnosis and then the personal satisfaction of prescribing the right treatment. I'm also wondering after recent events if everything he does that's supposedly meant to endear her to him, is entirely about him, just from the language he's using. His wanting her is apparently the only reason necessary (for him anyway) for them to be together. There's little understanding that she is a person with a mind and will of her own.

To be fair, I think the drama also (quite rightly) demonstrates that CY being too kind and high-minded has certain consequences for his relationship with BQ. He also has to learn that BQ not only needs to know that he loves her but she also has to feel secure in the exclusivity in their relationship. He has to prioritize her (not just with words) even going against his own better instincts. Fortunately he catches on quick. ;)

Often these dramas make it look as if courtship is the hardest part of the relationship but the truth of the matter is that once a couple gets together, the real challenges have only just begun.

8 hours ago, themarchioness said:

Thank you for the compliment, @mouse007, and yeah... I'm going to have to figure out how to do better next week.  I went to bed way too late last night.  :P  

Finally, the one thing that's been bugging me about DFS since Wednesday's episodes, is a comment he made in one of those two episodes.  It was to the effect that he could change for her (and I think it was from that scene where she says to CY that she likes people like LYK, and then he drags her aside and says that if that's the kind of person she likes, then he too can be a martial arts fighter who saves people).  Whether it was in that moment, or another where he said something similar, I started thinking to myself: I really hate when people say they'll change for someone else.  

Don't misunderstand.  I think part of life is meeting others, learning from them, and improving ourselves by modeling the behaviors that we find positive in others.  So, we absolutely are as human beings affected by the people around us.  What I don't like about DFS's comment though is that he puts the onus of his change on her -- like, if you accept me, I will become that person.  The responsibility for his growth as a human being should not be on her.  It should be on him.  He should want to improve himself and become a better person because it matters to him.  

I ❤️ your recap and analysis... Again I never understood his (DFS) appeal. His tactics were manipulative and harsh on all front,  even if the reason is to woo/ protect BQ.   lol 

@chisaholly thanks for the preview. It made me laugh. I marathoned so many episodes last week ; 27 of them that I can't really remember the scenes. So I am now currently back at ep 26 even though I have watched raw till ep 31. That is because I can't remember which scene the OTP had the ?slept together scene.

But the preview made me laugh. I already don't like DFS and I still don't like him after reading the recap. But I am quite contented to see more of CY or DP or whoever  he is called.

So, the Xiao Xia story has ended? She doesn't end up with the young guy?

Archived