[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

Wowza that will teach me to come here. LOL. Man I am a masochist.

Hi, I just watched ep 1-31 from Fri till this morning. So I decided to come here and totally, really totally regretted it. Why don't I ever learn?

From a person who doesn't watch Cdramas I ended up watching Legend of Fuyao and it spiralled into 10 miles of peach blossom, Yangxi Palace and something else. I didn't watch the last 10 episodes of Fuyao because I didn't like what I read from the spoilers. Plus looking at this may have to hold off till you guys are at ep 45 onwards just to see how bad it will end.

On the upside, I apparently like the male lead cos he had SUCKY romances in the other 2 dramas I watched last year. And this drama feels more light- hearted than the other Cdramas. Plus I actually like the 2nd OTP- the bodyguard and his friend.

Plus I am curious if the other guy the Fuiyan palace guy and Dansha will actually end up dying. I have a gut feeling Dansha needs to die. Someone usually dies in a Cdrama am I wrong? She looks set up to sacrifice herself for him. Hahaha.

Man, I cannot believe I did this to myself, I am so sleep deprived doing the marathon since I have a family and to reach the ridiculous spoilers for ep 32-40.

On the other hand, my Mandarin has improved A LOT since Legend of Fuyao. Nothing like a few hundred hours of enforced immersion. Never heard so much Mandarin in my whole life consisitenly over so many months.

My sane persona is going back to Kdrama land for awhile now to watch something GUARANTEED to have a happy ending. Cos' let me tell you guys NONE of the period dramas last year had a GOOD ending. That's why I couldn't watch the endings. In fact I switched from the main couple to liking the secondary couples in all 3 dramas. And Ariel Lin or not- this looks like another typical ( from my experience anyway ), of yet another crap ending. Don't even talk to me about the other one where the male lead DIES of poisoning.

Shesh, is this typical of historical dramas? I don't know how you guys survive? I continued for this because of the male lead. Because I saw the crap endings he had in the other 2 dramas so I presumed he signed on for a drama where since he is the male lead he ends up with the girl right?

Right?

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I normally just come to read everyone's thoughts here, but just wanted to comment on CY and LQW. I do not like CY's interaction with LQW as well, but I do know that CY initially only friended LQW because he wanted to know more about Biluotin and Ming Yue's connection to it so in a sense, CY was just using her. However, LQW ended up saving CY in episode 28/29 and likely one more time based on the upcoming previews so CY has to help LQW when she gets hurt as well. Unfortunately or fortunately, HBQ will witness all of this nonsense between CY and LQW and gets jealous and angry. Looks CY will explain everything to HBQ.  I think this will be in the scenes where CY saves HBQ from the bandits in the caves. It seems like HBQ is still upset with CY when CY arrives to save her and it took some convincing from CY to get HBQ to leave the caves with him.  To me, it will interesting to see HBQ jealous and it is a good opportunity for CY to explain himself. There is no way that CY has any feelings for LQW. After all, CY is the Lotus Hero so he will save and help anyone.

1 hour ago, taeunfighting said:

I normally just come to read everyone's thoughts here, but just wanted to comment on CY and LQW. I do not like CY's interaction with LQW as well, but I do know that CY initially only friended LQW because he wanted to know more about Biluotin and Ming Yue's connection to it so in a sense, CY was just using her. However, LQW ended up saving CY in episode 28/29 and likely one more time based on the upcoming previews so CY has to help LQW when she gets hurt as well. Unfortunately or fortunately, HBQ will witness all of this nonsense between CY and LQW and gets jealous and angry. Looks CY will explain everything to HBQ.  I think this will be in the scenes where CY saves HBQ from the bandits in the caves. It seems like HBQ is still upset with CY when CY arrives to save her and it took some convincing from CY to get HBQ to leave the caves with him.  To me, it will interesting to see HBQ jealous and it is a good opportunity for CY to explain himself. There is no way that CY has any feelings for LQW. After all, CY is the Lotus Hero so he will save and help anyone.

You are right. I think we all need to remember that CY is the Lotus Hero so he will save anyone.. Afterall he did save BQ in ep 1 when they barely knew each other. He is just a nice guy. So nice, like a fluffy marshmallow. Idk what I'm saying lol

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Wowza that will teach me to come here. LOL. Man I am a masochist.

Hi, I just watched ep 1-31 from Fri till this morning. So I decided to come here and totally, really totally regretted it. Why don't I ever learn?

From a person who doesn't watch Cdramas I ended up watching Legend of Fuyao and it spiralled into 10 miles of peach blossom, Yangxi Palace and something else. I didn't watch the last 10 episodes of Fuyao because I didn't like what I read from the spoilers. Plus looking at this may have to hold off till you guys are at ep 45 onwards just to see how bad it will end.

On the upside, I apparently like the male lead cos he had SUCKY romances in the other 2 dramas I watched last year. And this drama feels more light- hearted than the other Cdramas. Plus I actually like the 2nd OTP- the bodyguard and his friend.

Plus I am curious if the other guy the Fuiyan palace guy and Dansha will actually end up dying. I have a gut feeling Dansha needs to die. Someone usually dies in a Cdrama am I wrong? She looks set up to sacrifice herself for him. Hahaha.

Man, I cannot believe I did this to myself, I am so sleep deprived doing the marathon since I have a family and to reach the ridiculous spoilers for ep 32-40.

On the other hand, my Mandarin has improved A LOT since Legend of Fuyao. Nothing like a few hundred hours of enforced immersion. Never heard so much Mandarin in my whole life consisitenly over so many months.

My sane persona is going back to Kdrama land for awhile now to watch something GUARANTEED to have a happy ending. Cos' let me tell you guys NONE of the period dramas last year had a GOOD ending. That's why I couldn't watch the endings. In fact I switched from the main couple to liking the secondary couples in all 3 dramas. And Ariel Lin or not- this looks like another typical ( from my experience anyway ), of yet another crap ending. Don't even talk to me about the other one where the male lead DIES of poisoning.

Shesh, is this typical of historical dramas? I don't know how you guys survive? I continued for this because of the male lead. Because I saw the crap endings he had in the other 2 dramas so I presumed he signed on for a drama where since he is the male lead he ends up with the girl right?

Right?

I still have hope that ZBB / CY/LYK will have happy ending for a change. :)

@luna2nd I could be totally wrong, but I have high hopes that there will be a happy ending. Someone else might have mentioned something similar to this before in a previous post, but I cannot remember who so I apologize. In the ending theme song, the first scene is CY and HBQ as the lotus hero/heroine. Again, I could be totally wrong, but my guess is this is or part of the ending. I think that the only way for CY and HBQ to be together in peace is to live in seclusion hence the lotus costumes. When CY flies down to HBQ in that scene, it looks like he has something for HBQ behind his back. Could it be a rabbit lantern again?!

@roxnilla7 CY/Lotus Hero also saved Hua Hua in episode 22 while not knowing she was HBQ.

@taeunfighting I agree.

The whole point of  OTP interacting with other other characters is in large part to prove to the audience and to the couple themselves that they have eyes only for each other. The reality is that the OTP has to overcome certain obstacles before they can ride off into the sunset and leave all the plotting and scheming behind them. Presuming of course that they will have their happily ever after. ;)

Furthermore, it's par for the course that the OTP attract a lot of unwanted attention from admirers but since we have ample evidence that they've done the deed even living in the times that they are in, they are completely devoted to each other. The fact that other people who have various agendas like them is more proof that they are desirable, even decent human beings which seem to be rare commodities in this drama.

Personally I'm not a fan of the smug and sleazy looking 2ML or of LQW. Having the tolerate his presumptuous and boorish behaviour is bad enough. But expecting me to believe that he's a some kind of threat to the OTP is quite laughable. In general I don't suffer from 2ML syndrome but this fellow takes the cake.

I actually think that Chen Yu 'dying' will be good for our OTP - there might be a possibility that he will finally be able to leave behind his title and be Lian Yi Ke. In which case, our OTP will be able to have a happy ending. That's my two cents.

I agree with many of you.  There isn't enough OTP pairing in this drama.  The reason I keep coming back is for the chemistry.  BQ is smart and funny, so is CY, their characters are well done and well acted, its nice having a smart female lead.  I think a lot of what CY did with LQW (in the beginning) was playing the fiddle to get the mice to dance.  Yet, after that's played out, he keeps allowing her to be by his side.  Its bugging me.  I think that's the reason TMOPB and HSALF was amazing.  Both male leads didn't play around with others and didn't let themselves get played (for the most part).  They were smart and could see thru the smoke.  I actually really love these characters, I just wish they'd let them spend more screen time together.  At least now, they should spend the rest of the drama together, like Ming Lan.  In the beginning, the leads hardly spent time together, then bam.  Now their together all the time. I'm not giving up on this drama and I'd encourage others to keep going too.  I don't think its gonna be a sad ending, (but then again, I've been fooled before) were only at the half-way point.  Lets hope for more OTP time!!!

But why? Why does anyone have to sacrifice their titles? Its not as if they can pick their clothes up themselves? Look at his outfits changes during the laundry fiasco.

All sarcasm aside, I just want a live OTP. In their roles. Living happily.

No hiding. No identity change. No humble dwellings. No gray or brown drab clothes. No being charitable etc.

Just a well off OTP in the nobility class. No lingering poisons in their bodies. No one dying or sacrificing themselves for the OTP to be together.

But it doesn't happen in fantasy Cdramas I know.

But I need to digress, so the OTP did sleep together then? Since I am at ep 27 subbed it would have been the last 2 episodes right?

With episodes 28- 31 raw. And spoilers to ep 36, I am trying to keep track of my spoilers.

So the bloody hands in the beginning OST are the OTP's then? Or did I miss the scene.

Although i do want them to live a happy ending, with their titles and everything, i dont think thats possible. In order for them to live with their titles, all the bad guys would need to die, and there needs to be no more bad guys, nobody else wishing to kill BQ and hunting her for the Biluotian treasure. 

Thats why I believe its best if she "dies" and CY also "dies", so they can live a quiet peaceful life away together.

I also will admit that CY being nice to LQW makes the drama more interesting. Sorry for comparing, but when I was watching Love 020, I found it lackluster (in my opinion) because the 2 leads were always together, and there was no love rivals to spice things up.

in Ashes of Love, FL also died first before they got their happy ending and both chose to leave behind their titles and chose to live simple lives.

I think it might not be possible for our OTP to retain their titles because they are both prominent. CY will always be viewed as a threat by the emperor and BQ will always be sought after for being the key to biluotian. The only way they can have time for themselves and enjoy peace is to be away from everything else.

37 minutes ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

In the comment section, the person wrote “don’t worry guys, IWNLYG has a good and beautiful ending”

LOOOOOOL IDK IF IT’S TRUE BUT IMMA BELIEVE IT SO GUYS PLS KEEEEEP WATCHING

I was told it was going to be a good and beautiful ending, too. So my guess it we are at the part of the drama where all the stupid and annoying things happening. Just like every drama, there are annoying scenes and eventually it leads us to our OTP having more trust in each other and coming together. I think we're at that point right now for this drama.

The last scene of the Intro credits is one of BQ and CY hugging.  To me, that is a strong indicator that the drama will have a HEA ending.  

Sure, they also show us other scenes that indicate otherwise (like BQ and DFS in wedding clothes) and now we have teaser clips that indicate harm may befall CY, but don't forget, the production team has a vested interest in keeping us in suspense and on our toes.  It keeps us hooked and watching -- and what a beautiful job they're doing, getting all of us riled up over all the maybes, what-ifs, and possibilities.  LOL.  But for all that's going on in and around our OTP right now, all other indicators point to an ultimate happy ending for our favorite couple.  

Like I said, for me, one of those indicators is the final scene of the intro credits.  Why make that our focus of the intro credits if they're not also the end game?  I'm reminded of the intro credits for Princess Weiyoung, which ended with the image of Princess Weiyoung walking along a long path to take the throne with her young son by her side.  From that, you kind of got the hint of how things would ultimately end, and sure enough, that bittersweet ending could hardly be seen as a surprise given that it was so directly hinted at through the intro credits.  But that's why I think that while certainly there's danger in reading too much into things, I think there are some things that we may deduce from how the intro credit scenes are organized.

Anyway, I'm back this week and hope to be able to share some recaps of this week's episodes.  (Finally, it's almost Tuesday!!!  Not having any episodes on Thursday has made the wait that much longer this week.  Haha.)

15 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

So the bloody hands in the beginning OST are the OTP's then? Or did I miss the scene.

10 hours ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

This scene didn’t happen yet but there’s a lot of chance that it’s them tho...

Spoiler

Based on the outfits, I think this scene will actually be Yun Lang and Dan Sha.  Gosh, I really like Yun Lang, hope he doesn't die :cry:

006JM1dFgy1fzl84kevwxj31hc0u0dq7.jpg

006JM1dFgy1fzl8987bxcj30u015qgs5.jpg

@AChng wow. Man. Well.

Guess that shows I watched too many Cdramas. The problem is that I watch mainly Kdramas but I seem to spend a lot of time analyzing the writers plots trajectories.

Based on what I know on sagueks- and I am no expert on Cdramas- you can see the various types of secondary characters in any set dramas. I wonder why I analyze like that.  Work I guess since I usually ask broad based questions. Then do predictions or rather draw a probable conclusion based on current facts. To give future predicted events.

But also because all dramas have patterns. And unless it is strictly historical and factual you can see the set up.

But geez man. That sucks. Thank you for pointing it out. Guess it makes plot sense since we almost always have to have a certain number of endings for the various characters. And theirs have happened in other countless dramas.

My only request. Let it be done well. It has to come with bitter realization. Resignation to one's fate. Lots and lots of sad, heartbreaking regrets. Why didn't he realize it sooner? Preferably not torture or prolonged pain though.

Yeah. That scene better be well done. Not too long. Not too short. And have a proper ending.

Hah. Guess you can tell I am a trained drama watcher.

On 2/10/2019 at 7:47 AM, achng said:

Yes, totally!  CY will even be carrying her!! :angry:

Spoiler

WTH CY!!!  Stop being so nice to her, no wonder she have her hopes up high!!!  If I were BQ, I would ignore him and go play with DFS after seeing all that (to make CY jealous) :D

@roxnilla7 YES! Go CY! Watching him reject LQW is so satisfying....

I'm on ep 27 now with the eng subs on Viki and don't kill me for saying this but I can kinda appreciate DFS. I mean, he's not bad looking, he's smart, aggressive and playful. If CY didn't exist, I actually wouldn't mind BQ ending up with him. LOL

Archived