[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] I Will Never Let You Go / Legend of Huo Buo 小女花不弃

sugarplum892

2 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

Okay so while I do love their interactions, I don't get it. Like when CY goes to being YK, he's all nice and will protect BQ but when he's CY, he seems like he hates her and wants to kill her.

That's how I felt, too. It's like dude just be yourself when you're CY to HBQ, why do you gotta be such an A** to her and then be nice when you're LYK.

3 hours ago, ForgottenSoulx said:

Im waiting to binge this show i hate waiting.

I stopped with english subtitles on episode 8. I am going to wait a little while then I'll be binge watching like you, too. I do like it this drama, but I just think that other things/details are bothersome. 

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

That's how I felt, too. It's like dude just be yourself when you're CY to HBQ, why do you gotta be such an A** to her and then be nice when you're LYK.

I stopped with english subtitles on episode 8. I am going to wait a little while then I'll be binge watching like you, too. I do like it this drama, but I just think that other things/details are bothersome. 

Its like journey of the flower this show is frustrating and alot of issues but leads kept me watching.

This show is just a bit confusing and messy and plot holes everywhere. 

4 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

Okay so while I do love their interactions, I don't get it. Like when CY goes to being YK, he's all nice and will protect BQ but when he's CY, he seems like he hates her and wants to kill her

I feel like it’s to let others know that he, as the prince, is not ok with this illegitimate daughter. 

7 hours ago, scarletlover1 said:

Okay so while I do love their interactions, I don't get it. Like when CY goes to being YK, he's all nice and will protect BQ but when he's CY, he seems like he hates her and wants to kill her.

I don't think it's strange or contradictory.  CY, himself, explained it in Episode 4 when his companion asked why he was suddenly so concerned about the illegitimate daughter (when they were searching around the city for her).  He said, "The one I'm concerned about is the little beggar!" 

It's obvious he likes her.  He finds her an interesting person, feels bad for the hardships she's encountered thus far, and thinks of her of someone worth helping.  And when he thinks of her as just the beggar person, he feels he can and should protect her.  But when he thinks about the fact that she's also his father's illegitimate daughter -- and what that represents -- he can't like her.  (Add to that, up until finally meeting her now, he’s lived his entire life resenting her existence.)  Her existence reminds him of the reason for his mother's death.  So, it's not her that he dislikes, but rather, it's who or what she also is that he does like not -- the illegitimate daughter.

That's why he's always running hot/cold around her, and it makes sense.  He's just more nice to her when he's being LYK because in that persona, he can go around helping her out.  But that doesn't mean he never goes out of his way to help her, even in his CY persona.  After she's brought into his father's manor and breaks out of the place his stepmother had her hidden away in, he runs into her.  He might have been cold towards her and pooed on the idea of helping her find food, but in the end, he was the one who arranged for food to be laid out and the kitchen emptied so that she could eat peacefully.  It's clear, even in that moment, that while it seems like he can't stand the sight of her -- as viewers, we are to understand that the reason he can't stand to see her there is because she's there as his father's illegitimate daughter and all that that represents -- but as a person, he obviously cares for her, or else he wouldn't have bothered to make sure she had something to eat. 

At first glance his actions may seem contradictory, but if one looks beyond the surface, they're clearly not.  That's what I enjoy so much about this drama -- this internal struggle that he grapples with: liking her, but not liking who she is. 

4 hours ago, themarchioness said:

It's obvious he likes her.  He finds her an interesting person, feels bad for the hardships she's encountered thus far, and thinks of her of someone worth helping.  And when he thinks of her as just the beggar person, he feels he can and should protect her.  But when he thinks about the fact that she's also his father's illegitimate daughter -- and what that represents -- he can't like her.  (Add to that, up until finally meeting her now, he’s lived his entire life resenting her existence.)  Her existence reminds him of the reason for his mother's death.  So, it's not her that he dislikes, but rather, it's who or what she also is that he does like not -- the illegitimate daughter.

That's why he's always running hot/cold around her, and it makes sense.  He's just more nice to her when he's being LYK because in that persona, he can go around helping her out.  But that doesn't mean he never goes out of his way to help her, even in his CY persona.  After she's brought into his father's manor and breaks out of the place his stepmother had her hidden away in, he runs into her.  He might have been cold towards her and pooed on the idea of helping her find food, but in the end, he was the one who arranged for food to be laid out and the kitchen emptied so that she could eat peacefully.  It's clear, even in that moment, that while it seems like he can't stand the sight of her -- as viewers, we are to understand that the reason he can't stand to see her there is because she's there as his father's illegitimate daughter and all that that represents -- but as a person, he obviously cares for her, or else he wouldn't have bothered to make sure she had something to eat. 

Well very said. I agree with you.

That's why it's going to break both their hearts when HBQ finds out that LYK is CY. They have this love-hate relationship for each other, but with LYK, he can protect her and just be nice to her. Then when he's CY, he's her older brother and it just reminds him of his mother's death. It's more so he's blaming his father, but he can't take his anger out of his father, so he does it to HBQ.

I am soo looking forward to next week's episodes, when she pulls his mask and is upset to see that LYK is CY. She tells him that he needs to bring back her LYK and cries while hugging him from behind. He says to her "Your LYK is me, your brother." That just breaks my heart. :tears: They are both falling for each other, but there's that stupid "family" relationship between them.

I rewatched the first few episodes this weekend and something I noticed with respect to the scene where the Ming Yue assassin appears at BQ's rundown hut and kills the Ninth Uncle is that, when the assassin arrives, she actually announces herself as being from Ming Yue.  This means something should've been triggered in BQ when it was explained to her during the Lantern festival that the Mo Family was competing against the Ming Yue Clan for the best lantern show.  But maybe with the trauma of everything else that happened that day, it's something she's forgotten and will remember later. 

Also, I think the Viki subbers have been going back and cleaning up the subtitles after the fact, so I just want to give out a shout of thanks to the subbers. :)

Finally, I wanted to also make an observation that for one of the background/insert songs used in this drama, am I the only one who mentally screams NUTCRACKER every time it's played?  It's kind of distracting, actually, but makes me laugh at the same time. 

ETA to clarify my above point about BQ not remember having heard the name "Ming Yue" before... I completely understand why she wouldn't remember the assassin saying that at this juncture of the story.  Not only did her Ninth Uncle die that day, but she's also been more focused on remembering his last words to her from that day.  (In other words, there's a lot that happened that day for her to remember and think about!)  But BQ has also proven herself to be a smart and clever person, and details don't escape her.  So it is my hope that at some point in the future, she will remember that moment -- in order for it to not become a plot hole.  :P 

Hello!

I'm new to Chinese Drama, and now watching I will never let you go. Could anyone tell me what day and time a new episode is released, and how many episodes it has? If you don't mind, please tell me where can I get those information. Also, I wanna read the original novel. Where can I get it? Thanks.

1 hour ago, salkang said:

Hello!

I'm new to Chinese Drama, and now watching I will never let you go. Could anyone tell me what day and time a new episode is released, and how many episodes it has? If you don't mind, please tell me where can I get those information. Also, I wanna read the original novel. Where can I get it? Thanks.

The original novel has not been translated into English. If you can read Chinese, you can probably find it by googling the novel the name. As for what day it airs, Tuesday-Thursday, two episodes each day, with 51 episodes total. (Some websites may have more episodes than others because they’ve been ripped by those who have VIP access to the official streaming sites.). 

The first post of this thread contains all the information you seek. I also like  Mydramalist as a resource for this kind of information.

Welcome to the thread! 

18 hours ago, Helene Tian said:

OMG GUYS THERE ARE NEW PREVIEWS

Saw those previews and it got my hooked. Super excited to see what is going to happen.

Dong Fang Shi is coming into the picture now. Seems like he's the one who saved HBQ.

At the same time CY finds out that HBQ isn't his sister and goes dig her out, but her body isn't there. It's all happening soo quick, cannot wait to see the episodes already.

@salkang Welcome to the thread. So far the drama is going well.

2 hours ago, havennoah30 said:

what episode is the current now where could i watch a raw episode

2 hours ago, Helene Tian said:

But we get new eps today so, with VIP access, that means the raws will probably be at 17 by the end of the day (and 21 by the Thursday).  

44 minutes ago, sunkissedluna said:

I watched episodes 1-10 today. CY/LYK is always there to save HBQ from the beginning and even if he gives threats i still choose him over anyone when it comes to her. I am looking forward as to how their feelings will change for each other.

Excellent job catching up, and welcome to the thread @sunkissedluna!  I'm looking forward to the same.  From the previews I've seen for upcoming episodes, it looks like we're in for an exciting ride.  I can't wait.  :D:D:D 

Archived