Quantcast
Prettysup

[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Hungry work already have their own customers. You can see from the scene in this IG, when Poong walk into the restaurant and proceed to the kitchen, the restaurant almost full house and we can hear the customers praising the foods.

Still, I agree that the major problems coming from the writer. I also wondering what CS see in Poong that makes him appointed himself to be his guardian angel. Poong's naivety can risk his business but CS didn't mind to pour more money and invest on him. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Yes tht's also me, I don't remember exactly why I couldn't recover that one. 

DSW right now annoys me very much. I have many thoughts about her but I am so sleepy that I don't even want to get started on her. All I'll say is, I'm not sure if the writer is presenting her "honesty" as a good feature or not at this point. DCD is direct and honest but so far he has not hurt anyone. DSW "doesn't sugar coat things" but is rude and hurtful. For whatever reason, be it she wants to push someone away or be it she is mad at the person and wants to hurt them (like she did with Poong's dumplings criticism) and its not what she does (rejecting DCD WAS the right thing to do, being honest about Poong's food WAS the right thing to do) but the way she does it that makes her seem so obnoxious to me. She also has a childish demeanor that I found sorta cute in small doses but is tiring me. I love Jung Rye Won but Im not 100% sure Im enjoying this aspect of her characterization. 

Instead of rooting for her "sort of" feminist statements, like I normally would, I found her words empty, shallow, imposed and out of place. All her talk about "I don't want men to tell me what to do"! What men are telling her what to do? Is she now reacting to her dad who probably told her what to do when he supported her economically and she was only a "woman-child"? Am I supposed to infer that her mom represents what DSW would've turned into if life never turned sour for her? A spoiled helpless woman? I kinda sorta "understand"the message but I'm not sure. Why didn't she defend hersef when Poong kept yelling at her but is now acting all proud? 

And lastly, her attitude towards DCS is the most annoying. Whatever cuteness was between them got lost. She is choosing to only remember "the times she rejected him" and not the times she said " Awww why are you forgetting your crush so fast? Ahjussi, wait for me"" So NOW DCS is sort of a nuissance to her and he gets scolded for not properly forgetting about her. Like its so easy! Especially when you are given mixed messages! And no, the excuse that "the writer wanted to keep the triangle going" doesnt make it any less annoying to me

Now the writer decided to change her tune abruptly and DSW looks more like a psycho than ever. Oh yeah NOW she is "honest" and we "Admire" her so much, because "It is her choice what matters after all"

So I'm kinda glad the writer gave me at least the pleasure of seeing her  exposed by Maeng Dal for her rude and callous behaviour, and I'm glad Poong friendzoned her with mixed messages. See how much she likes his honesty! I'm not sure if the writer will make the character ever mature enough to at least owning up to her mistakes and to see how what she did/does is not nice.  Also, she was all "It's my choice" Well guess what, not it's Poong's choice :tongue: So whatever, he will cave to his attraction most likely soon but at least she got to suffer "rejections" a little. 

The new loveline for DCS might or might not work. But his love for DSW doesn't have to be undying love especially since its unrequited. Otherwise, is DCS supposed to be a masocquist? DSW being her only love in forever sounds very romantic but she is never going to love him back so I don't care anymore. I'm not going to dismiss the idea of this new relationship until I see how that progresses. I hope they make it convincing because DCS is the only character I still can "feel" completely. 

A dream I have is for DCS to choose to protect his heart from DWS, tell her she doesn't owe him any money because he'd rather not see her face again, so take the money as a gift and Kaaaa! at least from his life and presence. But that will never happen. DCS is still too whipped by her. 

I'm also getting annoyed with DSW.  She has been adorable from the beginning, and her interaction with DCS was cute.  I don't understand how her attitude just changed from episode 9 onwards.  I just can't see the adorable side of her now even when she's being sweet to SP after the way she treated DCS.  Somehow it feels very hypocritical.  

• Like 5

I dunno...  Changing my mind rather quickly about this series.

The main boy/girl characters have slept together...remember their "one-night-stand" anyone?

Then in the hospital, after SkinnyGirl was in the freezer and needed warming at the hospital, rather than give her a warmed blanket, which is the treatment for hypothermia, they told her 'guardian' to use his body to warm her.  Right.  And the 'guardian,' a married man, looked like he had never held a woman before, much less one with whom he had a 'one-night-stand!'

Now the two of them go back/forth - Don't like me / I like you / Like me / I don't like you - it's like watching a tennis match, and not a very interesting one at that.  

Plus, the pesky GumLady, who is supposed to know everything, is suddenly completely in-the-dark regarding her son liking SkinnyGirl!  

Writers.  Please?  A little effort.  Just a little.  If you spend effort to develop wacky characters, use them properly.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

9 hours ago, xcalibur07 said:

Hungry work already have their own customers. You can see from the scene in this IG, when Poong walk into the restaurant and proceed to the kitchen, the restaurant almost full house and we can hear the customers praising the foods.

Still, I agree that the major problems coming from the writer. I also wondering what CS see in Poong that makes him appointed himself to be his guardian angel. Poong's naivety can risk his business but CS didn't mind to pour more money and invest on him. 

This is my guess on what CS see in Poong that he's willing to become his guardian angel and help him improve and make Hungry Wok success. Could CS be seeing Poong as the younger himself? Like how Poong is was how CS used to be? Due to many mistakes that CS had made it turned him into a kkangpae, but from the looks of it, he's a good kkangpae for taking the ledger away from the other guy. He doesn't want Poong to go the wrong path and he sees the potential in Poong just like he used to be himself, that he'll help guide Poong the correction direction. Just my guess. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, watchumlots said:

I dunno...  Changing my mind rather quickly about this series.

The main boy/girl characters have slept together...remember their "one-night-stand" anyone?

LOL! Did you watch a rated R version of this drama? LOL They actually didn't spend the night. They decided not to after having a conversation in the car. The most that happened was a kiss. 

2 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

This is my guess on what CS see in Poong that he's willing to become his guardian angel and help him improve and make Hungry Wok success. Could CS be seeing Poong as the younger himself? Like how Poong is was how CS used to be? Due to many mistakes that CS had made it turned him into a kkangpae, but from the looks of it, he's a good kkangpae for taking the ledger away from the other guy. He doesn't want Poong to go the wrong path and he sees the potential in Poong just like he used to be himself, that he'll help guide Poong the correction direction. Just my guess. 

Yes, at some point I thought this could be the case. I imagined DCS being kind of hot-headed like Poong when he was younger lol. Although now DCS is the most zen gangster ever! but maybe it was life experiences that has given him some wisdom and patience. OR it could be the opposite, an opposites attract thing? Because in the present they are both very different, DCS is cool and calm and Poong is fiery and impulsive? And they have some things in common, like, honesty, loyalty, passion, hard work, a big heart, some loneliness and a craving to love and be loved. Awww cuties! Greasy bromance forever!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 6

18 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

WOL broadcast update:

12/6: cancelled 

18/6: tentative 

Eehhh... :bawling::cold_sweat: Waeyo.. It's okay. 

Thanks for the update

• Like 1

@dramafan33:  DAMN!  Really?  I thought they did the horizontal-bop!  Thought the kiss was the beginning, the scene cut, leaving the rest to our imagination.  See?  It worked!   

Either way, both of them are 'experienced;' the SkinnyGirl was living with her husband, they had registered their marriage ahead of the ceremony.  Chef was living with his wife when she left him for HotelGuy.  

I gotta re-watch that episode! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Soompi Announcement 

The Events Team will be launching The Amazing Hunt on Monday June 11. Lots of fun , reputation points & prizes on the table. Check this out and come join us!

• Like 1

@light0312 Thank you for sharing the preview for next week. We only have 2 episodes on Monday, but at least we know that the cooking challenge will go well. Seems like it'll go well. I'm hoping it does. 

• Like 4

I wonder if there's a meaning to the rain scene in the new preview..  Does it symbolically and literally mark the end of all DCS' s lingering love for DSW? He seems to be smiling from his heart , no longer masking his pain behind his smile. So does it mean that after this, the writer can then start a new love line for him? I certainly hope so..I don't want to see his sad eyes anymore.. too painful and it makes watching the SP-DSW OTP uncomfortable (for me) as there's someone suffering silently as they act all lovey dovey... 

• Like 5