[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/8/2018 at 9:41 AM, AgnesO said:

I'm also getting annoyed with DSW.  She has been adorable from the beginning, and her interaction with DCS was cute.  I don't understand how her attitude just changed from episode 9 onwards.  I just can't see the adorable side of her now even when she's being sweet to SP after the way she treated DCS.  Somehow it feels very hypocritical.  

This has been her attitude prior to ep 9--that's why I dropped this drama; it's another Jealousy Incarnate. The writer may have her change later on and start liking DCS. However, I don't like females that are fickle and go between men like this.  I stopped at ep 8. I came here hoping that things had improved since I'm a Hang Hyuk fan, but it appears it hasn't.  Think I'll stick WWWSK (great drama so far).

23 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Hahah folks, I actually tried this quiz!

https://www.onetvasia.com/onescoop/quiz-jang-hyuk-vs-jun-ho-who-will-set-your-heart-fire

who sets your heart on fire?

The result of my quiz is JANG HYUKKkkk!! 

Mine is also Jang Hyuk :D

2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

This as been her attitude prior to ep 9--that's why I dropped this drama; it's another Jealousy Incarnate. The writer may have her change later on and start liking DCS. However, I don't like females that are fickle and go between men like this.  I stopped at ep 8. I came here hoping that things had improved since I'm a Hang Hyuk fan, but it appears it hasn't.  Think I'll stick WWWSK (great drama so far).

I've not watched JI, but ep 9 is the episode where DSW rejected DCS somewhat crudely when prior to that, she's been fascinated and friendly to him.  She even kind of like that DCS has a crush on her.  There's no warning sign that she'll reject him the way she did in ep 9.  

Anyway, that's how the story will go moving forward.  But the way the writer make SP-DSW together has make me uncomfortable seeing them together.  The writer has succeeded in making me dislike DSW and I even feel uncomfortable with her smiling at DCS now.

From the preview looks like DCS finally is letting go of DSW.  SP-DSW will be official now.  That'll be boring, at least to me.  Hope the woman DCS met at the hospital will appear soon, cos (no offence to SP-DSW shipper) that'll be more interesting than the wok-ladle couple.

CS was so cute while trying to cover SW with his eyes covered.

But I liked how Poong did it.

He simply covered her.

It seems to me that CS is idealising SW a bit, while Poong sees her as a woman

with both flaws and virtues.

9 hours ago, AgnesO said:

I've not watched JI, but ep 9 is the episode where DSW rejected DCS somewhat crudely when prior to that, she's been fascinated and friendly to him.  She even kind of like that DCS has a crush on her.  There's no warning sign that she'll reject him the way she did in ep 9.  

@AgnesO, probably because I watched JI, I could see the signs by episode 7 and 8 where the writer was going with the storyline--I even mentioned in my comment back then that i was going to stop watching this drama at that point. However, since she rejected DCS so crudely, there is a possibility that the two of them may get together by the end of the drama-- ..............

Spoiler

Don't read if you haven't watched Jealousy Incarnate:  

In that drama the lead male was downright mean and hateful to the lead female, while the friend she was dating went out of his way to help her, encourage her, etc. while being a good friend to the mean male lead; however, she chose the mean hateful guy over the gorgeous good buy. I just hope she doesn't make it where the female in this drama starts cheating on PS with DCS.

Regardless, at this point, I'm glad I stopped watching. I love Jang Hyuk so I really wanted to support this drama.

3 hours ago, rocher22 said:

CS was so cute while trying to cover SW with his eyes covered.

But I liked how Poong did it.

He simply covered her.

It seems to me that CS is idealising SW a bit, while Poong sees her as a woman

with both flaws and virtues.

Yes, it has taken me longer than it did for you! (I think you are not all caught up with the drama?) I'm not going to spoil you but I believe now, you are on the right track, regarding the way the two guys see her and treat her and this is what will ultimately trigger her response. Hint: She does not want more over-protection as she has had it all her life, and in the end it only made her weak and vulnerable. I think its something to do with that...

These two always make me laugh.

When Poong asked for a piece of gum, and SW showed him her used one.

Ok, girl pull yourself together, the only acceptable way to give someone your gum

is through a kiss.

Or when  SW pulled the curtain and Poong told her that he could have been naked.

SW was like...maybe Ill have better luck next time.

I liked how SW was looking at Poongs back, with a smile showing in her eyes.

From the preview, it seems like SW finally knows that she was not dreaming Poong hugging her in the bed and it was actually the real Poong. I think I saw the nurse (who told Poong to increase SW's temperature by hugging her) among the customers so maybe she told SW about what happened in the ER. 

Now I assume the new lady who happens to be the health inspector will come to the restaurant to check the kitchen cleanliness. Usually the inspector will come if there's a complaint regarding the cleanliness of a restaurant and I bet it's someone from the hotel who file the complaint.

Jang Hyuk And Jung Ryeo Won Share Cheerful Moment In The Rain For “Wok Of Love”

Jang Hyuk and Jung Ryeo Won appear quite happy to spend some time together on a rainy day in “Wok of Love.”

SBS’s “Wok of Love” is about former gangster Doo Chil Sung (played by Jang Hyuk), heiress Dan Sae Woo (played by Jung Ryeo Won), and star chef Seo Poong (played by 2PM’s Junho). The three work together in a rundown Chinese restaurant.

Doo Chil Sung, the owner of the former restaurant, has quite a formidable personality. However, his gruff exterior melts and he becomes shy in the face of love. In the drama, he is currently falling in love with Dan Sae Woo, who unfortunately does not reciprocate his feelings, and is currently distancing herself from him.

In recently released photos, Doo Chil Sung and Dan Sae Woo stand together at a bus station. Though it appears to be pouring, the sun shines as brightly as Dan Sae Woo’s warm smile. Doo Chil Sung gazes at her with an affectionate smile.

This is a change from the last time the two met, as Dan Sae Woo had cried in front of him because she was so apologetic about rejecting him. Doo Chil Sung, though rejected, felt more pain watching her cry than from the rejection itself.

“Wok of Love” airs every Monday and Tuesday at 10 p.m. KST.

Jang-Hyuk-Jung-Ryeo-Won-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/10/jang-hyuk-jung-ryeo-won-share-cheerful-moment-rain-wok-love/

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Looks like Boss CS is helping out in the restaurant as well now

http://sports.chosun.com/news/news.htm?id=201806120100084740006562&ServiceDate=20180611

Yay! It's great to have DCS participate with them in Hungry Wok. 

Somehow I'm not really looking forward to tomorrow's episodes, I'm just afraid that Seol Ja will leave Hungry Wok and go back to the master chef. Honestly, the characters are suffering soo much at this point, like DCS just wondering around the restaurant and not doing anything. His kkangpae minions were gone for a while and they reappear, again. If Poong loses and gets betray it's just torture. Just how I feel, because we're halfway through the drama already, it has to pick up somewhere and not just at the last minute. 

1 hour ago, turtle0217 said:

Yay! It's great to have DCS participate with them in Hungry Wok. 

Somehow I'm not really looking forward to tomorrow's episodes, I'm just afraid that Seol Ja will leave Hungry Wok and go back to the master chef. Honestly, the characters are suffering soo much at this point, like DCS just wondering around the restaurant and not doing anything. His kkangpae minions were gone for a while and they reappear, again. If Poong loses and gets betray it's just torture. Just how I feel, because we're halfway through the drama already, it has to pick up somewhere and not just at the last minute. 

I saw a bts picture that Poong carried her back to the other side of the road. I guess he will not letting her go easily. I also hope she's not persistent to leave him because I don't want him to loose anyone and anything anymore. 

My lovely trio, I'm glad SW actually came clean about her feelings. She seems determine to chase her man.

11 minutes ago, xcalibur07 said:

I saw a bts picture that Poong carried her back to the other side of the road. I guess he will not letting her go easily. I also hope she's not persistent to leave him because I don't want him to loose anyone and anything anymore. 

My lovely trio, I'm glad SW actually came clean about her feelings. She seems determine to chase her man.

Oh! Where did you see that picture? Interesting.

But yes, I'm tired of this going back and forth, so SW pick what your heart desires and go for it. 

Archived