[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno...  Changing my mind rather quickly about this series.

The main boy/girl characters have slept together...remember their "one-night-stand" anyone?

Then in the hospital, after SkinnyGirl was in the freezer and needed warming at the hospital, rather than give her a warmed blanket, which is the treatment for hypothermia, they told her 'guardian' to use his body to warm her.  Right.  And the 'guardian,' a married man, looked like he had never held a woman before, much less one with whom he had a 'one-night-stand!'

Now the two of them go back/forth - Don't like me / I like you / Like me / I don't like you - it's like watching a tennis match, and not a very interesting one at that.  

Plus, the pesky GumLady, who is supposed to know everything, is suddenly completely in-the-dark regarding her son liking SkinnyGirl!  

Writers.  Please?  A little effort.  Just a little.  If you spend effort to develop wacky characters, use them properly.  

9 hours ago, xcalibur07 said:

Hungry work already have their own customers. You can see from the scene in this IG, when Poong walk into the restaurant and proceed to the kitchen, the restaurant almost full house and we can hear the customers praising the foods.

Still, I agree that the major problems coming from the writer. I also wondering what CS see in Poong that makes him appointed himself to be his guardian angel. Poong's naivety can risk his business but CS didn't mind to pour more money and invest on him. 

This is my guess on what CS see in Poong that he's willing to become his guardian angel and help him improve and make Hungry Wok success. Could CS be seeing Poong as the younger himself? Like how Poong is was how CS used to be? Due to many mistakes that CS had made it turned him into a kkangpae, but from the looks of it, he's a good kkangpae for taking the ledger away from the other guy. He doesn't want Poong to go the wrong path and he sees the potential in Poong just like he used to be himself, that he'll help guide Poong the correction direction. Just my guess. 

3 hours ago, watchumlots said:

I dunno...  Changing my mind rather quickly about this series.

The main boy/girl characters have slept together...remember their "one-night-stand" anyone?

LOL! Did you watch a rated R version of this drama? LOL They actually didn't spend the night. They decided not to after having a conversation in the car. The most that happened was a kiss. 

2 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

This is my guess on what CS see in Poong that he's willing to become his guardian angel and help him improve and make Hungry Wok success. Could CS be seeing Poong as the younger himself? Like how Poong is was how CS used to be? Due to many mistakes that CS had made it turned him into a kkangpae, but from the looks of it, he's a good kkangpae for taking the ledger away from the other guy. He doesn't want Poong to go the wrong path and he sees the potential in Poong just like he used to be himself, that he'll help guide Poong the correction direction. Just my guess. 

Yes, at some point I thought this could be the case. I imagined DCS being kind of hot-headed like Poong when he was younger lol. Although now DCS is the most zen gangster ever! but maybe it was life experiences that has given him some wisdom and patience. OR it could be the opposite, an opposites attract thing? Because in the present they are both very different, DCS is cool and calm and Poong is fiery and impulsive? And they have some things in common, like, honesty, loyalty, passion, hard work, a big heart, some loneliness and a craving to love and be loved. Awww cuties! Greasy bromance forever!

@dramafan33:  DAMN!  Really?  I thought they did the horizontal-bop!  Thought the kiss was the beginning, the scene cut, leaving the rest to our imagination.  See?  It worked!   

Either way, both of them are 'experienced;' the SkinnyGirl was living with her husband, they had registered their marriage ahead of the ceremony.  Chef was living with his wife when she left him for HotelGuy.  

I gotta re-watch that episode! 

I wonder if there's a meaning to the rain scene in the new preview..  Does it symbolically and literally mark the end of all DCS' s lingering love for DSW? He seems to be smiling from his heart , no longer masking his pain behind his smile. So does it mean that after this, the writer can then start a new love line for him? I certainly hope so..I don't want to see his sad eyes anymore.. too painful and it makes watching the SP-DSW OTP uncomfortable (for me) as there's someone suffering silently as they act all lovey dovey... 

I didnt know that it all started with jajangmyeon.

Poong wanted to cook for SW, and thats how he went to a gangster restaurant.

I liked how Poong wasnt scared by CS' guys, and the way CS was splitting them up.

I like how destiny connected these three, when everyone else abandoned them.

9 hours ago, kohnlee said:

Hahah folks, I actually tried this quiz!

https://www.onetvasia.com/onescoop/quiz-jang-hyuk-vs-jun-ho-who-will-set-your-heart-fire

who sets your heart on fire?

The result of my quiz is JANG HYUKKkkk!! 

Hahaha! I took it the first time and it was JunHo.. so I retook it and finally Jang Hyuk.. then I stopped.  *satisfied smile

Archived