2 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Seems like they're still filming..? 

It's a rainy scene with Jang Hyuk.

Credit to instagram owner

No more suspenders ?

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I dunno , but is this one of the most helpless male lead in Kdrama history who has to rely so much on the second lead? I mean first he has to borrow money to seek his own revenge (I won't mention that he went back on his words for his part of the deal). Then after spending n number of episodes trying to get back a recipe book unsuccessfully, it was the second lead who got it back for him in the end. I hope he can become more capable soon.

No offence to anyone, just talking about the character in the drama.

If SP is so capable that he can manage his own problems by himself, then what's the point of having CS in this drama? From what I see untill the recent episode, CS character main purpose is to help Poong, and be his guardian angel. If SP is not 'helpless', CS will just sit in front of the restaurant while drinking his coffee and received his loan payment every month..  

The writer purposely make Poong's life difficult so that other characters around him have some function/purpose. Even the kitten, suddenly appeared when Poong need someone (something) to hear his frustration.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, fiesty8001 said:

It used to be worse in the past. Many of my favourite actors and actresses stopped being friends in real life because the rumors started circulating and fandoms started harrasing(mostly actresses) them.:wacko:

So this time are they fighting for JRW and Won jin Ah?

Yes, some shipper won jin ah don't like jrw maybe coz junho uploded pic with jrw not with won jin nah, some of them want jrw and junho in real life become real couple :D. made me, laugh so hard, coz is funny. but some of them not shipper. they comment to stay away from junho life :D:D:D

i hope between jrw and junho or won jin ah and junho not stop being friend in real life. coz this shipper thing make them stress. 

Well, seems like Hungry Wok right now become tourist spot

and effect of WOK OF LOVE. is hard to find jajangmyeo

Spoiler

DfADygmVMAEgkRi.jpg

Edited by triplem
4th image onwards to go into spoiler.TQ
  • Like 6

I m loving the flow of the story now.. It's clear about the love line.. SP n DSW r slowly but jelling up with each other.. It has been evident that DSW was attracted towards SP.. The way she chose the fortune cookie than money showed her style of life.. She is simple n her likes r simple.. I m loving the way SP has evolved.. His caring nature towards DSW n DCS.. He loves them equally n is torn not to hurt any of them.. The revenge track is too moving forward which makes it all the more interesting.. I felt very sad for DCS:bawling:.. He is soo good.. He deserves the best.. The way he looked at the end of episode when he connected all the pieces n found that his love n his brother r in love.. I think the lady with IV will be the consoling soul for our DCS:wub:.. I m loving the side characters too especially the gangster brothers!!.. I m loving bromance n romance.. I can say I m little bit leaning more towards romance as I m liking to see JRW n LJH together.. They look adorable:wub:

P. S.  I liked LJH with WJH in JBL as they had intense different kinda chemistry.. Here with JRW too i like LJH coz its different sort of romance.. I like them both onscreen nothing more.. I have noticed the two shippers fighting much nowadays lolz.. If there is anything in real life too, what's wrong in it.. It's their life.. Shipping is fine within limits but getting into fights for it is unnecessary!! 

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, icyphoenix said:

P. S.  I liked LJH with WJH in JBL as they had intense different kinda chemistry.. Here with JRW too i like LJH coz its different sort of romance.. I like them both onscreen nothing more.. I have noticed the two shippers fighting much nowadays lolz.. If there is anything in real life too, what's wrong in it.. It's their life.. Shipping is fine within limits but getting into fights for it is unnecessary!! 

Agreed!

Mostly Saewoo & poong shipper no take seriously only for drama. and want them become couple. but not attack other shipper.

But, jinah-junho shipper. they seems super serious about them. actually dating in real life (jinah-junho). 

coz, i think they make conclusion from their sns.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

Agreed!

Mostly Saewoo & poong shipper no take seriously only for drama. and want them become couple. but not attack other shipper.

But, jinah-junho shipper. they seems super serious about them. actually dating in real life (jinah-junho). 

coz, i think they make conclusion from their sns.

Whatever the conclusion might be.. If he is truly in relationship with WJH then can't he act with JRW or share pic with her.. The same goes for working with JRW.. It's his choice to post whatever things he wants.. I like all the three actors.. I hope this shipping fights n etc doesn't affect the friendship of them.. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Prettysup said:

Which lady character appear in Beautiful Mind too ??

It appeared to me like the lady who played the nurse role lee hye joo of cardiovascular dept. is the one here ... maybe I'm wrong... My eyes were swelling with tears seeing Chill Sung alone walking with the IV... :(:( made me remember lee young oh of BM.  :( 

• Like 3

The girl playing the lead is soooo very skinny, it's not a good look. 

But the guy playing Poong is cute and is doing a great job moving the wok around. 

In lots of dramas there is the 'notebook' or 'diary' with recipes, lists, wishes&dreams that the character is trying to retrieve.  It's a common trope.  

However, I really like the corny cast of characters; the talking horse, inept gangsters, RichGuy that steals wife with the personality of a dish rag, formerly rich lady & her help, chef, and the whacky kitchen cast.  The most annoying is the GumLady walking in/out of scenes at critical moment.  

The restaurant has been a secondary story, the focus is on the personal lives of the characters IN the restaurant, so that's a refreshing change. 

@joyue_1:  There's male breast cancer?  How did I miss that?

Also, thought the lead girl was ill, but it was the horse?

These animal scenes are really disturbing for US audiences.  The dogs are always tied to a dog house on short chains.  Feral cats.  Not that we don't have these issues, they just aren't seen in entertainment media.

• Like 2

Hi everyone! Im Dramafan/It’sMeDF on twitter. I’ve talked to a few of you over there and also I own the blog Stuck on Hyuk along with a friend (our poor dusty baby :( we need to get back to it) Anyway I always read you, but I didn’t remember my password so I was only lurking. But, I recovered it and I felt like sharing my thoughts/rants on this drama.

Disclaimer and summary of this rant: I’m still watching for Jang Hyuk’s character but I got bored with everything else. My expectations are now very low but I’m still trying to see the light. I know this opinion won’t be popular with those who are liking the OTP story. You guys are the lucky ones, since this drama focused entirely on that. But for those of us who are not feeling them, this is a major drag (that is really the bottomline)

I won’t say If this drama is good or bad. I can only say what it makes me feel. I liked it at first, as I was getting adjusted to its quirky humor and waiting for some character development and plot. I feel like I’m still waiting and that’s the problem. All the characters seem promising but they are going around in circles and we don’t get to know anything new about any of them (except only slightly, the three leads). I know many people find meaning in the whole drama, since it has a lot hidden messages, and symbolism, parallels, etc. I understand the triangle guessing game was fun for some while it lasted but I am tired. Basically, that is what this drama is to me, exhausting. 

1.- Cooking scenes are too long and feel draggy. I usually love cooking videos but these are excessively long. I know the ones among the OTP were supposed to bring them closer, and are full of messages and some innuendo maybe, but I have not been able to make myself care about them (no offense to the fans of this couple, we all have our taste)

2.- Bias is a thing and I’m not going to claim I don’t have it, but even though I’m watching this for Jang Hyuk mostly, I also love the supporting cast. Lee Mi Sook is a Queen and while I admire her ability to create two very different characters, I still wonder, what is the point of her characters? Same with every character imo. I really WANTED to like this drama for everyone involved. It’s just, difficult.

3.- I dreamed of Jung Ryeo Won working with Jang Hyuk someday, and so far, their scenes have been delightful in terms of performance. They are both great charismatic actors and very in synch acting wise. But I accept they are not the OTP and the triangle was dragging everything else. So I’m glad its over, but I’m not glad that the writer seems to be improvising this plot as she goes. She gets stuck in places and whenever she moves, is at a snail’s pace.

4.- Jang Hyuk’s performance as a sad puppy kills me time and time again. I am bored, but whenever he does that, I feel him. The power of his extremely expressive and beautiful eyes. Also, I still love his character and I consider that a blessing. Hopefully the writer will allow him to keep being adorable.

5.- I find it funny when non-DCS fans ask that his character gets killed or disappears along with the gangster storyline to allow for more OTP scenes and romance. Really? I know it’s a matter of taste but the fight scenes are 100 times more exciting than the cooking scenes. Kill him and the drama becomes even more boring imo. Also, his sole purpose shouldn’t be to be in service of the other two leads. He was supposed to be a third lead! If he was only there as Godfather, they could’ve casted any other supporting actor and not put him in the posters. He doesn’t even have as much screen time as the others, so I really don’t understand how the OTP fans want even MORE OTP moments.

6.- If the OTP wasn’t so boring (to me) and if they had not forced every initial encounter, hammering in our heads how “fated” they were, I’d probably be on board and complaining less. It’s not the actors fault, even without chemistry a well written development would’ve made them convincing. Chemistry is in the eye of the beholder too. Many of you see it, and that’s great. Congratulations! It means you are probably not as bored as I am. But even if I was on board with the OTP, I would still be concerned about the lack of development for the great supporting cast.  

7.- I don’t care about ship wars or fan wars. I only want this writer to get her act together! I didn’t like her Pasta, but her Miss Korea was close to a masterpiece to me. And she was excellent at giving all characters importance and depth. Why is it that all her characters here feel so shallow and undeveloped despite the great cast she has on her hands? What’s up with the PD as well?

8.- I’m not into the OTP but I accept it, can we now move on and develop the rest of the stories in a more organic and natural way? Or are we stuck with wok ladle wok ladle wok ladle chants for the rest of the drama while the rest of the characters, stare and either cheer or cry?

Anyway, this is already too long lol! I have some other thoughts and actual “somewhat” random analysis on the characters, despite my being bored I can’t stop doing that when I watch a drama and since we are all in this together (some loving, some not) we might as well, share our views and impressions

Talk to you later :)

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Hi everyone! Im Dramafan/It’sMeDF on twitter. I’ve talked to a few of you over there and also I own the blog Stuck on Hyuk along with a friend (our poor dusty baby :( we need to get back to it) Anyway I always read you, but I didn’t remember my password so I was only lurking. But, I recovered it and I felt like sharing my thoughts/rants on this drama.

Disclaimer and summary of this rant: I’m still watching for Jang Hyuk’s character but I got bored with everything else. My expectations are now very low but I’m still trying to see the light. I know this opinion won’t be popular with those who are liking the OTP story. You guys are the lucky ones, since this drama focused entirely on that. But for those of us who are not feeling them, this is a major drag (that is really the bottomline)

I won’t say If this drama is good or bad. I can only say what it makes me feel. I liked it at first, as I was getting adjusted to its quirky humor and waiting for some character development and plot. I feel like I’m still waiting and that’s the problem. All the characters seem promising but they are going around in circles and we don’t get to know anything new about any of them (except only slightly, the three leads). I know many people find meaning in the whole drama, since it has a lot hidden messages, and symbolism, parallels, etc. I understand the triangle guessing game was fun for some while it lasted but I am tired. Basically, that is what this drama is to me, exhausting. 

1.- Cooking scenes are too long and feel draggy. I usually love cooking videos but these are excessively long. I know the ones among the OTP were supposed to bring them closer, and are full of messages and some innuendo maybe, but I have not been able to make myself care about them (no offense to the fans of this couple, we all have our taste)

2.- Bias is a thing and I’m not going to claim I don’t have it, but even though I’m watching this for Jang Hyuk mostly, I also love the supporting cast. Lee Mi Sook is a Queen and while I admire her ability to create two very different characters, I still wonder, what is the point of her characters? Same with every character imo. I really WANTED to like this drama for everyone involved. It’s just, difficult.

3.- I dreamed of Jung Ryeo Won working with Jang Hyuk someday, and so far, their scenes have been delightful in terms of performance. They are both great charismatic actors and very in synch acting wise. But I accept they are not the OTP and the triangle was dragging everything else. So I’m glad its over, but I’m not glad that the writer seems to be improvising this plot as she goes. She gets stuck in places and whenever she moves, is at a snail’s pace.

4.- Jang Hyuk’s performance as a sad puppy kills me time and time again. I am bored, but whenever he does that, I feel him. The power of his extremely expressive and beautiful eyes. Also, I still love his character and I consider that a blessing. Hopefully the writer will allow him to keep being adorable.

5.- I find it funny when non-DCS fans ask that his character gets killed or disappears along with the gangster storyline to allow for more OTP scenes and romance. Really? I know it’s a matter of taste but the fight scenes are 100 times more exciting than the cooking scenes. Kill him and the drama becomes even more boring imo. Also, his sole purpose shouldn’t be to be in service of the other two leads. He was supposed to be a third lead! If he was only there as Godfather, they could’ve casted any other supporting actor and not put him in the posters. He doesn’t even have as much screen time as the others, so I really don’t understand how the OTP fans want even MORE OTP moments.

6.- If the OTP wasn’t so boring (to me) and if they had not forced every initial encounter, hammering in our heads how “fated” they were, I’d probably be on board and complaining less. It’s not the actors fault, even without chemistry a well written development would’ve made them convincing. Chemistry is in the eye of the beholder too. Many of you see it, and that’s great. Congratulations! It means you are probably not as bored as I am. But even if I was on board with the OTP, I would still be concerned about the lack of development for the great supporting cast.  

7.- I don’t care about ship wars or fan wars. I only want this writer to get her act together! I didn’t like her Pasta, but her Miss Korea was close to a masterpiece to me. And she was excellent at giving all characters importance and depth. Why is it that all her characters here feel so shallow and undeveloped despite the great cast she has on her hands? What’s up with the PD as well?

8.- I’m not into the OTP but I accept it, can we now move on and develop the rest of the stories in a more organic and natural way? Or are we stuck with wok ladle wok ladle wok ladle chants for the rest of the drama while the rest of the characters, stare and either cheer or cry?

Anyway, this is already too long lol! I have some other thoughts and actual “somewhat” random analysis on the characters, despite my being bored I can’t stop doing that when I watch a drama and since we are all in this together (some loving, some not) we might as well, share our views and impressions

I agree to all your points dear friend <3 <3 I am watching this drama only to watch Hyuk's exemplary performance and also watching Jung Ryeo Won's acting!! I watched Jun Ho JBL a month back and Im impressed with him as well... But as you said, other than DCS scenes rest of the scenes were little dragged and not conveying the point. I could find Poong and Chill Sung is getting close in bromance but still, it is not upto my expectation since CS had almost died in the act of recovering the diary... but still this guy is reserved and inundating how CS feels about the girl he loves... If he really feels grateful to him and want to end with SW he should totally avoid being together with her... or if he really want to develop his love with her despite hurting his new Hyung (CS), he has to convey to CS that he loves SW instead of provoking more his feelings. Anyway.. thats just my opinion.. But I really appreciate his cute looks and boyish charms... Coming to old mi sook, young mi sook, I too couldnt find the importance of the character and the backstory clearly... But I love the way old mi sook taking care of CS as he is her son. I got this point all the way watching... now a days we all use online lists and blogs for storing / uploading recipes... Is still star chefs so outdated to record all info in a diary?? Just my thought :D 

Anyways.. I am going with the flow.. and appreciating the good acting of all the actors... It is with writer to make audience love the characters.. I hope she will make that soon.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

Oh hi @dramafan33 hahahaha! I love your tweets and have always been posting them! And I love the blog ‘stuck on hyuk’!!!

Keep going! 

Ohh! This picture of Jang Hyuk is nice. Heehee :D

• Like 8

@dramafan33 Glad to see that U have recovered ur password hahaha... Actually there are some Hyuk fans who wants to see DCS killed too, but not becoz they want more OTP moments, rather it’s becoz they can’t bear to see DCS suffering the unrequited love and his limited screen time, so they will rather he rest at home to prepare for the next drama. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

6 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Oh, looks like you found your password! :lol: Welcome back!

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

@dramafan33 Glad to see that U have recovered ur password hahaha... Actually there are some Hyuk fans who wants to see DCS killed too, but not becoz they want more OTP moments, rather it’s becoz they can’t bear to see DCS suffering the unrequited love and his limited screen time, so they will rather he rest at home to prepare for the next drama. 

I know, I said the same thing, although I don't really mean it :tongue: I'm not sure how they could justify that without making a further mess both on the screen and behind the scenes (where there is no mess, thank God) 

• Like 7