[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Prettysup said:

"Jang Hyuk" … Greasy Melo, Every scene is a masterpiece.

'Greasy Melo' Jang Hyuk once again touches the hearts of viewers.

Jang Hyuk has been stealing the scene every time he appears on SBS Mon/Tue drama 'Greasy Melo' (Playwright Seo Sook-hyang, Director Park Sun-ho), which is being broadcast currently.

It is a character which looks strong on the outside, but is filled with purity and compassion. Dark sunglasses and suspenders are his signature fashion items. This is the story of Doo Chil-sung (Jang Hyuk) in the drama.

From the first episode, Doo Chil-sung had been loved by viewers as a character who shows the appearance of a simple man who fell in love with Dan Sae-woo (Jung Ryeo-won) at first sight. His cute confession line "Do not get married, it his hard to get a divorce" makes viewers laugh. Jang Hyuk's acting, who has returned to romantic comedy after a long time, played an amplifying role for the audience from the beginning.

The charm of Doo Chil-sung becomes more evident as the show continues. He expressed his deep love for Dan Sae-woo with gentle eyes that touched the hearts of viewers. The loyalty he showed towards Seo Poong (Lee Jun-ho) made his character shine even more. Jang Hyuk’s presence, which makes the character shine in all the right places, has futher enhanced the melo of this drama. 

Doo Chil-sung is a man who understands true love. Even when he was rejected, he said "I'm not throwing away my pride, do not cry", comforting Dan Sae-woo. Above all else, Doo Chil-sung, who tries to laugh with tears in his eyes, left viewers with a deep impression of Jang Hyuk's delicate emotional peformance, forcing them to fall in love with it.

In addition, Jang's action scenes makes the drama more rhythmic, enhauncing the fun of watching it. Doo Chil-sung's efforts to recover the recipe notes of Seo Poong have increased the tension and brought excitement. Jang Hyuk does all the actions of 'Greasy Melo' without any stand-in, adding the immersion level of the drama.

Every scene with Jang Hyuk in "Greasy Melo" is a stealer. Besides the comedic aspect, he also portrays the pure and serious charm of the character. Jang Hyuk’s smooth transition between romance, comedy, action and drama makes it a good reason why it is impossible for one to stop watching ‘Greasy Melo’. 

On the other hand, the 19th and 20th episode of "Greasy Melo" will be aired on 5 June.

http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10009098110

Poor thing, he must be having a hard time controlling the urge to post hahaha.... and this is Action I, we will probably see Action II today??

this is why i’m still watching WOL. JH excellent performance (a little bias^^) and pls. let him spoiled us. I want to see more update from him. I think SBS should release the preview for next episode early than nowadays but it might be hard for drama that still shooting while boardcast.

Poor CS. :( I just hope he will ignore/doesn’t care about SW anymore. Let him in love with the woman he had just met in the hospital. At least CS was not rejected for the third time. Or will SW change her answer later? Nahhh

I’m more interested in knowing the secrets of his ledger’s book. What happened to SW’s father? 

Sorry maybe I’ve missed the story as most of the time i just skipped it. I only want to see JH:D

5 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

I agree, it's just for drama promotion, that's why I don't get worked up on the actual actor and actress, because it's more like we're in love with the storyline/drama. Therefore, we fell in love with the two characters. That's how I see it. 

Everyone should see it this way. Shipping is fun but fans should never cross the line between drama and reality. Sometimes, I pity the actor/actress who only do the (great) job of being in love in the drama but shipper took it too seriously and angry at them when posing with different partner. No wonder sometimes they mute the comment section and not following anybody in their IG.

9 hours ago, dramaninja said:

See that is why I drop the drama, what is the point  of the love triangle gain to see him miserable?

I dont fine any of this fun or funny yet we get another vanilla romance oh joy

Agreed! The love triangle doesn't attract the viewers much on the first place. It's kinda boring and predictable.

I doubt the triangle already solve. Even SW-SP saying the already divorce but common there still no closure with their purpose spouse. Just afraid that it will be rub in their face later. On the positive note, CS will be out with all love triangle or quadrangle or etc etc

:lol: Hi...

I've read this forum for a while but never really want to make a comment, but after few latest eps i feel so frustated...:blush:

I personally dont really like if DCS suddenly found new love. Because i think its too forced (maybe fine if they make the woman have a crush on him), i think i will give up on this drama soon if i dont find any development in JH character (i just cant see him heartbreak everytime :bawling:).  I first watch this drama because of JH and JRW and i always hoped that they will ended up together. I always thought that the writer wouldnt be so unfair to his character because even at the beggining the production team say that this drama have 2 male lead that means he have important role. Up till now we see most story about DCS is his one sided love that hard to get over with but if suddenly the writer makes him move his love to a new character that would be funny (maybe better than a heartbreak..lol). Usually the drama with 2 male lead is focusing more on bromance than romance but i think until now the writer make the romance more on the focus . While the two other character at the end will get everything they want like revenge, success, love and even new family, i dont know how CS character will end because its already halfway but we still know nothing about CS.

We see how DCS helped the other character providing them job, money, and risking his life for them (even giving up his love) and that is his only role so far so i hope there is something more interesting about him other than being fairy godfather for others in the future (I hope to see the other two lead become the one who help him not just being helped by him all the time). At least if the writer already decide who the OTP then let CS have other story (story about granny LMS and him or how he and DSW father related or story about him with RSS team) than love triangle

2 hours ago, xcalibur07 said:

Everyone should see it this way. Shipping is fun but fans should never cross the line between drama and reality. Sometimes, I pity the actor/actress who only do the (great) job of being in love in the drama but shipper took it too seriously and angry at them when posing with different partner. No wonder sometimes they mute the comment section and not following anybody in their IG.

Yes, agreed... sometimes shipper cross the line. made me comfortable ship bromance. coz, i dont want brokean heart if they not ended together in the future.

25 minutes ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

Yes, agreed... sometimes shipper cross the line. made me comfortable ship bromance. coz, i dont want brokean heart if they not ended together in the future.

Heehee. Me, too. Bromance is better :D

4 hours ago, fluffybunny123 said:

:lol: Hi...

I've read this forum for a while but never really want to make a comment, but after few latest eps i feel so frustated...:blush:

I personally dont really like if DCS suddenly found new love. Because i think its too forced (maybe fine if they make the woman have a crush on him), i think i will give up on this drama soon if i dont find any development in JH character (i just cant see him heartbreak everytime :bawling:).  I first watch this drama because of JH and JRW and i always hoped that they will ended up together. I always thought that the writer wouldnt be so unfair to his character because even at the beggining the production team say that this drama have 2 male lead that means he have important role. Up till now we see most story about DCS is his one sided love that hard to get over with but if suddenly the writer makes him move his love to a new character that would be funny (maybe better than a heartbreak..lol). Usually the drama with 2 male lead is focusing more on bromance than romance but i think until now the writer make the romance more on the focus . While the two other character at the end will get everything they want like revenge, success, love and even new family, i dont know how CS character will end because its already halfway but we still know nothing about CS.

We see how DCS helped the other character providing them job, money, and risking his life for them (even giving up his love) and that is his only role so far so i hope there is something more interesting about him other than being fairy godfather for others in the future (I hope to see the other two lead become the one who help him not just being helped by him all the time). At least if the writer already decide who the OTP then let CS have other story (story about granny LMS and him or how he and DSW father related or story about him with RSS team) than love triangle

I too felt the same... That lady character appeared in Beautiful Mind too :) But here if they suddenly introduce her and start a new love story it may feel forced and odd....  Even I didn't like the way  Sae Woo always talking kinda rude way to CS... It looks like he is more begging for her love... Also, he faces her daily with regretful sad eyes in the hungry wok...  It will look good if CS moves to different building not to see the growing love between SP and SW... Regarding new love story for CS, I think they will insert this character more slowly and make Chill Sung and her fall in love at the end... I dont know much what writer thinks at this point... But whatever emotions which our Hyuk plays he will get it in so much raw and will make it so natural and acceptable. I'm again not rooting for any love story for CS... I'm just going with the flow and enjoying the drama with all the hardworking actors' performance !!!

6 minutes ago, kamkrna said:

I too felt the same... That lady character appeared in Beautiful Mind too :) But here if they suddenly introduce her and start a new love story it may feel forced and odd....  

Which lady character appear in Beautiful Mind too ??

14 hours ago, mxxella said:

Why is Chil-sung so nice to everyone??? He almost got himself (and his mom) killed while reclaiming Poong’s recipe book!!!

The bromance has gotten stronger and it appears "yes chef" is getting closer to his wok and ladle assistant as well..............I have to prepare for this that Chil Seong wont end up with the girl and altho my heart will be brokentext-line-smiley-050.gif

I dunno , but is this one of the most helpless male lead in Kdrama history who has to rely so much on the second lead? I mean first he has to borrow money to seek his own revenge (I won't mention that he went back on his words for his part of the deal). Then after spending n number of episodes trying to get back a recipe book unsuccessfully, it was the second lead who got it back for him in the end. I hope he can become more capable soon.

No offence to anyone, just talking about the character in the drama.

8 hours ago, xcalibur07 said:

Thank God most of my favourites are married.^_^

It used to be worse in the past. Many of my favourite actors and actresses stopped being friends in real life because the rumors started circulating and fandoms started harrasing(mostly actresses) them.:wacko:

So this time are they fighting for JRW and Won jin Ah?

38 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

I dunno , but is this one of the most helpless male lead in Kdrama history who has to rely so much on the second lead?I hope he can become more capable soon.

I don't think so. Both of them have their own expertise. Being a gangster and loan shark CS is good with fighting and loaning money while Poong is good at kitchen. He will also help minions so that DCS's dream may come true and the building maybe saved.

The problem lies with writing. It looks like drama is written by a juvenile totally pointless and directionless.

I like how the love between Poong and SW developed in a quiet and slow way.

The two of them always meet in the evening , infront of the wok or  to make dough.

Then they can cook, and touch, and get a moment of honesty.

I dont know much about asian cuisine, but it looks that in this drama the wok and the ladle 

arent just regular kitchen utensils.

Luckily, Poong took only the most valuable from his old life. 

2 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I dunno , but is this one of the most helpless male lead in Kdrama history who has to rely so much on the second lead? I mean first he has to borrow money to seek his own revenge (I won't mention that he went back on his words for his part of the deal). Then after spending n number of episodes trying to get back a recipe book unsuccessfully, it was the second lead who got it back for him in the end. I hope he can become more capable soon.

No offence to anyone, just talking about the character in the drama.

If SP is so capable that he can manage his own problems by himself, then what's the point of having CS in this drama? From what I see untill the recent episode, CS character main purpose is to help Poong, and be his guardian angel. If SP is not 'helpless', CS will just sit in front of the restaurant while drinking his coffee and received his loan payment every month..  

The writer purposely make Poong's life difficult so that other characters around him have some function/purpose. Even the kitten, suddenly appeared when Poong need someone (something) to hear his frustration.

Archived