Quantcast
Prettysup

[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Yes, the plot is predictable and quite sad that the producers /writers already stated the OTP at the onset. If they didn't, perhaps it might be even more suspenseful.  But I think they did a great job on the casting - the CS' s musketeers , villian and Poong's kitchen team incognito.   I have become a fan of the 3 leads. JH's talent  is legendary,  and his performance of the CEO who did a barebodied demo of how to do a shampoo CF has imprinted on my mind.  I ached for his love with the female lead to be fulfilled. I feel his grief so much... I cheered on his sudden, wounded kiss in the freezer...He had me at that kiss.  I had hoped that will spark her and her change of mind but maybe that lasted only for 2 hours in her world...sheeeshhhhh....  if not for JH as this gangster boss , I would ship Poong and Ms Ladle... First time , I;m watching Poong... He oozes charisma, this one... someone to watch out for.  And Ms Ladle , oooh...you are cute ... so cute from the drunken 3 scene at the street side store ...But I can't believe you can be so cruel to Boss in that no- holds- barred 'I fart on you ' rejection in the dollar dining room - that's real shitty thing to do even if you had the best intentions and wanted to end his hurt quickly. 

I hope the writer spin a good twist for us. I still pray and shipping for a 'Ms Ladle and Boss ' happy ending... I wonder if there's a Ms Ladle's ex hubby come looking for her and Ms Ladle goes riding her horse to the highway bridge to contemplate her options.   I also wonder what's in store for Ms Ladle's 3rd and last rejection of Boss.... can he save her from almost being murdered and gets wounded badly and she switches to accepting him before his death knell sounds ? That should end him on a happiest note.   Otherwise, I don't see his future being smooth sailing at all.  

Great cast, great talent - I'm enjoying this drama .  

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

Guys u have to read some comments from l2jh instagram. so funny, some fans girl and shipper junho and jinah seems hopeless and lil bit angry i mean like denial but funny :blush:

and now i know, there shippe rof Dasewoo and Poong as well lol

junho posted on IG

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Are you referring to JJS and IU's drama? I was thinking about watching that because of JJS but it's too long. Is it worth watching?

I think WOL is a mix of JI, Pasta and MK.

JI = love triangle which causes a lot of SLS

MK = ex gangster falling in love 

Pasta = angry and bossy chef 

If anyone has the BTS of DCS carrying Gum Granny LMS, I'd love to see that too. :D

Yap, Chaegoda LSS or You're The Best Lee Soon Shin. It has LMS too. I totally hate her there. JJS and IU totally hv great chem even with 13 year apart. That drama make my first experience on Soompi. lol

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I want to see that too ! Despite his slim legs, he has strong arms muscles doesn't he? With all the daily boxing haha....

Hope so. But, with so many take failing is a must. hahaha. *being a bad fan coz loving how dork oppa is when that happen.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

"Jang Hyuk" … Greasy Melo, Every scene is a masterpiece.

'Greasy Melo' Jang Hyuk once again touches the hearts of viewers.

Jang Hyuk has been stealing the scene every time he appears on SBS Mon/Tue drama 'Greasy Melo' (Playwright Seo Sook-hyang, Director Park Sun-ho), which is being broadcast currently.

It is a character which looks strong on the outside, but is filled with purity and compassion. Dark sunglasses and suspenders are his signature fashion items. This is the story of Doo Chil-sung (Jang Hyuk) in the drama.

From the first episode, Doo Chil-sung had been loved by viewers as a character who shows the appearance of a simple man who fell in love with Dan Sae-woo (Jung Ryeo-won) at first sight. His cute confession line "Do not get married, it his hard to get a divorce" makes viewers laugh. Jang Hyuk's acting, who has returned to romantic comedy after a long time, played an amplifying role for the audience from the beginning.

The charm of Doo Chil-sung becomes more evident as the show continues. He expressed his deep love for Dan Sae-woo with gentle eyes that touched the hearts of viewers. The loyalty he showed towards Seo Poong (Lee Jun-ho) made his character shine even more. Jang Hyuk’s presence, which makes the character shine in all the right places, has futher enhanced the melo of this drama. 

Doo Chil-sung is a man who understands true love. Even when he was rejected, he said "I'm not throwing away my pride, do not cry", comforting Dan Sae-woo. Above all else, Doo Chil-sung, who tries to laugh with tears in his eyes, left viewers with a deep impression of Jang Hyuk's delicate emotional peformance, forcing them to fall in love with it.

In addition, Jang's action scenes makes the drama more rhythmic, enhauncing the fun of watching it. Doo Chil-sung's efforts to recover the recipe notes of Seo Poong have increased the tension and brought excitement. Jang Hyuk does all the actions of 'Greasy Melo' without any stand-in, adding the immersion level of the drama.

Every scene with Jang Hyuk in "Greasy Melo" is a stealer. Besides the comedic aspect, he also portrays the pure and serious charm of the character. Jang Hyuk’s smooth transition between romance, comedy, action and drama makes it a good reason why it is impossible for one to stop watching ‘Greasy Melo’. 

On the other hand, the 19th and 20th episode of "Greasy Melo" will be aired on 5 June.

30000603804_700.jpg

http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10009098110

3 hours ago, kohnlee said:

JH’s latest IG post makes me think that someone finally told him what is a ‘spoiler’ and so he posted this after last night’s episode hahahaha!

Poor thing, he must be having a hard time controlling the urge to post hahaha.... and this is Action I, we will probably see Action II today??

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

Guys u have to read some comments from l2jh instagram. so funny, some fans girl and shipper junho and jinah seems hopeless and lil bit angry i mean like denial but funny :blush:

and now i know, there shippe rof Dasewoo and Poong as well lol

junho posted on IG

Don't get me wrong, but he was a great match with jinah in Just between lovers, but it's just a drama. :D

Stills for tonight's episodes. It's soo cute, seems like JRW and JH are having fun playing their characters and blowing bubble gum. The gum they probably bought from the old lady. :D

Credit to instagram owner

• Like 5

why cant it be  bromance i cant bear to see chil seong suffer the hospital scenes  made me cry  green-scarf-emoticon-06.gif?1292794364 how does one fall in love from a fortune cookie? the second lead syndrome is killing me   also in the undateables arghh 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

44 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

Don't get me wrong, but he was a great match with jinah in Just between lovers, but it's just a drama

i know but shipper jinah-junho getting cray cray.. come on.. junho uploaded it on IG. only for drama promotion.

45 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

Stills for tonight's episodes. It's soo cute, seems like JRW and JH are having fun playing their characters and blowing bubble gum. The gum they probably bought from the old lady

Thanks for spoiler tonite EP.

• Like 3

@Prettysup thanks for the article, that’s why I feel the pain whenever I see him on screen in this drama - haha! Becos he is too goooood! Don’t know whether to laugh or cry. 

This one :( together with LMS ‘why are u hitting my baby?’ - I really think she is DCS Mum. 

• Like 5

Anyone having problems watching it live streaming? my links doesn't work! it's strange because, they have been working for all channels and today they're dead. Anyone can help me? Thank youuuu! 

I know I've been a silent lurker lately, but I'm preparing exams to civil servant, and they're insane!

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, solucu said:

Anyone having problems watching it live streaming? my links doesn't work! it's strange because, they have been working for all channels and today they're dead. Anyone can help me? Thank youuuu! 

I know I've been a silent lurker lately, but I'm preparing exams to civil servant, and they're insane!

I have been trying last 30 mins in all the links.. seems like nothing working out... :(:(

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

45 minutes ago, solucu said:

@kamkrnaYes.I cannot watch it too. Not sure why they didn't work today. But you can watch the eps  half an hour after the broadcast on this website. I will pm you.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, joyue_1 said:

Or it’s simply coz the writer likes LMS so much that she wants to her to have more screen time?

Ha ha I cant able to resist my giggles :D Sae Woo mom Mi Sook, here always whining and crying... I at first got irritated.. but when I saw in one of the episodes (When Sae woo cries in sleep thinking about Chef and Chill Sung, they will sneak in ) I laughed that time since somehow I found her cry funny after that scene :D Also old mi sook "You guys startled" that scene was hilarious :D 

Check this hilarious edit of Mi sook and Hyuk from MF and WOL :D:D 

10 minutes ago, azureblue7 said:

@kamkrnaYes.I cannot watch it too. Not sure why they didn't work today. But you can watch the eps  half an hour after the broadcast on this website. I will pm you.

Thanks @azureblue7 <3 <3 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, solucu said:

Same here. my link doesn't work too. yesterday, work well but today no one of my link work

oh well spoiler tonight EP already up in sns like IG. just check it out

I might be jumping to conclusions since I haven’t actually watched it yet - but based on the recap I’m reading from bah-doo... there’s a hospital scene where SW and SP are hospitalized in the same room together for the night...?

Hello JI remake??? :blink:

This is why I said I just can’t help but to compare because the writer is THAT lazy *SMH*

• Like 1

Todays ending was so sad :(:( Chill Sung figured out Sae Woo and Poong were mutually in love with each other..... I kinda guessed today's convo btwn Poong and Boss in his home... Poong asked whehter Chill Sung loves Sae Woo, he said "I might be looked upon as gangster for others.. But in front of Sae Woo, I feel like Im complete man and handsome"... Also old mi sook character said "now a days Sae woo and Sae poong are not fighting with each other but always spending time together... wherever poong is there sae woo is also there with him".. Boss got a hint and then asked Sae woo "have you divorced your hubby... she said yes im not married now im divorced" and then he again goes to poong and asked the same thing... Poong too replied he was not married anymore... I think Chill Sung said for that "you are a lucky man". Ommmggg Im afraid to watch with subs again... this is so heartbreaking :(:( 

• Sad 5

Hi Y'all! I got some good news about Wok of Love.

It looks like CS might get his own love story with a new woman. From the character chart, one of the characters was changed from SS's wife to a completely different character who is a government employee that inspects the health/cleanliness of restaurants. This person is supposed to fall into a sudden and unexpected love story.

They don't say who this love story will be with, but we think it will be with Jang Hyuk's character because the woman is the same woman from the hospital in today's episode (the one he shared the IV post with).

I hope this is a fun new development that will spice things up a bit. I want to see CS fall in love with someone that loves him back. :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Poong really tried very hard to hold back his feelings for Sae Woo... Since it will hurt Boss... But today last scene, Sae happily kissed Poong... Otteke Poong is a gonner now <3 <3 SP & SW ship is sailing so well now... 

22 hours ago, V said:

It looks like CS might get his own love story with a new woman. From the character chart, one of the characters was changed from SS's wife to a completely different character who is a government employee that inspects the health/cleanliness of restaurants. This person is supposed to fall into a sudden and unexpected love story.

They don't say who this love story will be with, but we think it will be with Jang Hyuk's character because the woman is the same woman from the hospital in today's episode (the one he shared the IV post with).

I hope this is a fun new development that will spice things up a bit. I want to see CS fall in love with someone that loves him back. :)

Woowww thats really good news... already many fans were upset of too much hurt for Chill Sung... May be writers introduced suddenly this character to keep audience intact... Just my feel... Im a hyuk fan.. but I really appreciate all the other actors as well here.. I prepared my mind not to expect any love line for Chill Sung here in this story from EP 10 itself :(:( ... But this news is little bit soothing <3 <3 

Edited by triplem
Pls do not post consecutively within an hour . Edit to add
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3

34 minutes ago, V said:

Thank you for this update. I really hope DCS would at least be happy with someone by the end of this drama. :)

I guess the love triangle's over now. It seemed like DCS already knows that SP and DSW like each other. And he is now giving up. Finally.. stop hurting DCS. There's a possible love interest coming your way and she will be as strict as hell inspecting your restaurant so be prepared. :D

Not saying that I'm not upset about the writing. But this is better than seeing him heartbroken until the end since I'm sticking to the drama anyway coz JH is in it. Let's see how it works out. :)

• Like 10