Quantcast
Prettysup

[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

3 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

The Bromance makes me a little excited about this drama, but I feel like we lost track of where is everyone else

me too. i need more bromance. since we can't or maybe dont get proper kiss scene. take a note to writer maybe next time she have to find shipable  couple. coz, for me. who really match and shipable is Junho and Janghyuk. about their chemi with JRW was really good. but actually becoz their acting really good and on point. that's all. even pretty noona super boring, but their couple shipable. that's why ppl still root for them ha3x. sometimes shipper can help. 

I NEED BROMANCE not ROMANCE :bawling:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

With a new drama’s premiere, there’s been a shake-up among Monday-Tuesday evening dramas!

According to Nielsen Korea, MBC’s “Partners for Justice” was No. 1 in its time slot for the very first time with average nationwide viewership ratings of 7.0 percent and 7.7 percent for its June 4 broadcast. These ratings were also notably a personal best for the drama. It also brought in the highest average viewership in metropolitan areas with ratings of 7.7 percent and 8.5 percent as well as for among those in the age group 20-49 (the target audience for most shows) with a viewership of 3.6 percent and 3.9 percent.

SBS’s “Wok of Love” also saw an increase in ratings and came in second. It recorded a viewership of 6 percent and 6.5 percent, which is 1.5 percent and 1.3 percent higher than its previous broadcast. The June 4 episode further explored the complicated feelings of Seo Poong (2PM’s Junho), Dan Sae Woo (Jung Ryeo Won), and Doo Chil Sung (Jang Hyuk). Many are looking forward to seeing how this love triangle will be resolved with the unexpected decision Seo Poong announced in this broadcast.

Alongside these dramas was KBS2’s “Are You Human, Too?” which made its premiere on June 4. While it was in last place, it brought in solid ratings of 5.2 percent and 5.9 percent. Viewers praised Seo Kang Joon for his interpretation of his two-in-one character as both a human and a robot as well as the natural-looking CG that was utilized throughout the drama.

As the difference in ratings is not large, it will be interesting to see how these dramas fare in the weeks to come. 

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/04/partners-justice-rises-top-time-slot-human-makes-solid-premiere/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Haha I don’t think many are looking forward to the love triangle when we all know the OTP is who already. Suspense gone already. 

We want to move on from the love triangle but writer wants to drag it on. The writer needs to stop this draggy plot and it doesn’t help when many hearts ache with DCS when he looks so sadddd.

I really don’t mind seeing DCS as a supporting figure to both of them but pls give me his side of the story with his minions and grandma LMS and crooked. 

We are already halfway thru. 

And i I want JH in the next drama already. I feel his pain here :(

• Like 8

@joyue_1 ahh JJS! master of subtle acting. that man can emote even with his nose. :D That one bias I totally adore after Jang Hyuk. he make watchin 50 ep of weeknd drama bearable with his charm. lol

I think some writer really want to insert their signature or trend in their drama. sometimes they can't help being repetitive thinking that was their style. it happen not only with this writer but also with IHYV writer that make watchin all her drama like in a repetitive loop. 

@kohnlee I wanna see bts of that scene. with his slim and bad legs I curious how many times JH need to do that scene (carrying LMS). :glasses:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

17 minutes ago, yoeda said:

@joyue_1 ahh JJS! master of subtle acting. that man can emote even with his nose. :D That one bias I totally adore after Jang Hyuk. he make watchin 50 ep of weeknd drama bearable with his charm. lol

I think some writer really want to insert their signature or trend in their drama. sometimes they can't help being repetitive thinking that was their style. it happen not only with this writer but also with IHYV writer that make watchin all her drama like in a repetitive loop. 

@kohnlee I wanna see bts of that scene. with his slim and bad legs I curious how many times JH need to do that scene (carrying LMS). :glasses:

Are you referring to JJS and IU's drama? I was thinking about watching that because of JJS but it's too long. Is it worth watching?

I think WOL is a mix of JI, Pasta and MK.

JI = love triangle which causes a lot of SLS

MK = ex gangster falling in love 

Pasta = angry and bossy chef 

If anyone has the BTS of DCS carrying Gum Granny LMS, I'd love to see that too. :D

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I’m like this too! I know the plot was boring but I’m still feeling emotional whenever I see dCS not being able to unlove his crush :( 

• Like 5

I want to make lil bit analysis. After My Ahjussi and Pretty Noona ended. Wok Of Love Take all popularity.

and last nite rating seems raise, maybe coz MiracleThatWeMet   ended last week.

and Partner Justice lead. from Good Data information. Drama most talk about Wok of Love number 3 after MissHammurabi & MiracleThatWeMet (understanable coz last EP). 

1. SNS

2. RERUN BROADCAST

3. STREAMING from official site KOCOWA 

4. THE POWER OF JANG HYUK, JRW, JUNHO, and SUPPORTING CAST. all of them veteran. with excellent skill.

De0-nfSU0AAq2Om.jpg

7 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

I’m like this too! I know the plot was boring but I’m still feeling emotional whenever I see dCS not being able to unlove his crush

THE POWER OF JANGHYUK, JRW, JUNHO AND SUPPORTING CAST!. PEOPLE, still rooting for them and believe them. abotu story just so so hahaha.. bu anyway.. need BROMANCE

• Like 3

FYI,

JUNHO at GIMPO going to JAPAN with CHANSUNG

So, make sense he had to shoot until midnight last sunday. coz, he has to fill his scene for tonight EP.

I LOVE THIS PART!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yoeda said:

I want to see that too ! Despite his slim legs, he has strong arms muscles doesn't he? With all the daily boxing haha....

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I don't think it's fair for the cast & crew that they are being compared to other past dramas. Just as comparing who is a better actor? I firmly believe that the cast of wok of love has done their part in making us feel how it is to be in their shoes. What better way to measure their respective performances. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

FYI,

JUNHO at GIMPO going to JAPAN with CHANSUNG

So, make sense he had to shoot until midnight last sunday. coz, he has to fill his scene for tonight EP.

I LOVE THIS PART!

I know I saw this and I was like who is that guy following Chansung, little did I know it was Junho. Lol! :lol: Couldn't tell it was him all covered up like that. He must be looking like exhausted with all the late filming then flying off. 

I watched it with subs and laughed soo hard at the part Maeng Dal approach DSW about the recording. It's hilarious and at the same time embarassing for DSW, the farting part. :lol:

It hurts to see that DCS can't let go of the crush, but I think he's going to start seeing SP and DSW and realize it. Let's just hope they don't forget the other side characters and give them decent good endings. 

• Like 1

JH’s latest IG post makes me think that someone finally told him what is a ‘spoiler’ and so he posted this after last night’s episode hahahaha!

• LOL 7

Yes, the plot is predictable and quite sad that the producers /writers already stated the OTP at the onset. If they didn't, perhaps it might be even more suspenseful.  But I think they did a great job on the casting - the CS' s musketeers , villian and Poong's kitchen team incognito.   I have become a fan of the 3 leads. JH's talent  is legendary,  and his performance of the CEO who did a barebodied demo of how to do a shampoo CF has imprinted on my mind.  I ached for his love with the female lead to be fulfilled. I feel his grief so much... I cheered on his sudden, wounded kiss in the freezer...He had me at that kiss.  I had hoped that will spark her and her change of mind but maybe that lasted only for 2 hours in her world...sheeeshhhhh....  if not for JH as this gangster boss , I would ship Poong and Ms Ladle... First time , I;m watching Poong... He oozes charisma, this one... someone to watch out for.  And Ms Ladle , oooh...you are cute ... so cute from the drunken 3 scene at the street side store ...But I can't believe you can be so cruel to Boss in that no- holds- barred 'I fart on you ' rejection in the dollar dining room - that's real shitty thing to do even if you had the best intentions and wanted to end his hurt quickly. 

I hope the writer spin a good twist for us. I still pray and shipping for a 'Ms Ladle and Boss ' happy ending... I wonder if there's a Ms Ladle's ex hubby come looking for her and Ms Ladle goes riding her horse to the highway bridge to contemplate her options.   I also wonder what's in store for Ms Ladle's 3rd and last rejection of Boss.... can he save her from almost being murdered and gets wounded badly and she switches to accepting him before his death knell sounds ? That should end him on a happiest note.   Otherwise, I don't see his future being smooth sailing at all.  

Great cast, great talent - I'm enjoying this drama .  

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

Guys u have to read some comments from l2jh instagram. so funny, some fans girl and shipper junho and jinah seems hopeless and lil bit angry i mean like denial but funny :blush:

and now i know, there shippe rof Dasewoo and Poong as well lol

junho posted on IG

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

5 hours ago, jhjsw said:

Are you referring to JJS and IU's drama? I was thinking about watching that because of JJS but it's too long. Is it worth watching?

I think WOL is a mix of JI, Pasta and MK.

JI = love triangle which causes a lot of SLS

MK = ex gangster falling in love 

Pasta = angry and bossy chef 

If anyone has the BTS of DCS carrying Gum Granny LMS, I'd love to see that too. :D

Yap, Chaegoda LSS or You're The Best Lee Soon Shin. It has LMS too. I totally hate her there. JJS and IU totally hv great chem even with 13 year apart. That drama make my first experience on Soompi. lol

3 hours ago, Prettysup said:

I want to see that too ! Despite his slim legs, he has strong arms muscles doesn't he? With all the daily boxing haha....

Hope so. But, with so many take failing is a must. hahaha. *being a bad fan coz loving how dork oppa is when that happen.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

"Jang Hyuk" … Greasy Melo, Every scene is a masterpiece.

'Greasy Melo' Jang Hyuk once again touches the hearts of viewers.

Jang Hyuk has been stealing the scene every time he appears on SBS Mon/Tue drama 'Greasy Melo' (Playwright Seo Sook-hyang, Director Park Sun-ho), which is being broadcast currently.

It is a character which looks strong on the outside, but is filled with purity and compassion. Dark sunglasses and suspenders are his signature fashion items. This is the story of Doo Chil-sung (Jang Hyuk) in the drama.

From the first episode, Doo Chil-sung had been loved by viewers as a character who shows the appearance of a simple man who fell in love with Dan Sae-woo (Jung Ryeo-won) at first sight. His cute confession line "Do not get married, it his hard to get a divorce" makes viewers laugh. Jang Hyuk's acting, who has returned to romantic comedy after a long time, played an amplifying role for the audience from the beginning.

The charm of Doo Chil-sung becomes more evident as the show continues. He expressed his deep love for Dan Sae-woo with gentle eyes that touched the hearts of viewers. The loyalty he showed towards Seo Poong (Lee Jun-ho) made his character shine even more. Jang Hyuk’s presence, which makes the character shine in all the right places, has futher enhanced the melo of this drama. 

Doo Chil-sung is a man who understands true love. Even when he was rejected, he said "I'm not throwing away my pride, do not cry", comforting Dan Sae-woo. Above all else, Doo Chil-sung, who tries to laugh with tears in his eyes, left viewers with a deep impression of Jang Hyuk's delicate emotional peformance, forcing them to fall in love with it.

In addition, Jang's action scenes makes the drama more rhythmic, enhauncing the fun of watching it. Doo Chil-sung's efforts to recover the recipe notes of Seo Poong have increased the tension and brought excitement. Jang Hyuk does all the actions of 'Greasy Melo' without any stand-in, adding the immersion level of the drama.

Every scene with Jang Hyuk in "Greasy Melo" is a stealer. Besides the comedic aspect, he also portrays the pure and serious charm of the character. Jang Hyuk’s smooth transition between romance, comedy, action and drama makes it a good reason why it is impossible for one to stop watching ‘Greasy Melo’. 

On the other hand, the 19th and 20th episode of "Greasy Melo" will be aired on 5 June.

30000603804_700.jpg

http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10009098110

3 hours ago, kohnlee said:

JH’s latest IG post makes me think that someone finally told him what is a ‘spoiler’ and so he posted this after last night’s episode hahahaha!

Poor thing, he must be having a hard time controlling the urge to post hahaha.... and this is Action I, we will probably see Action II today??

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

Guys u have to read some comments from l2jh instagram. so funny, some fans girl and shipper junho and jinah seems hopeless and lil bit angry i mean like denial but funny :blush:

and now i know, there shippe rof Dasewoo and Poong as well lol

junho posted on IG

Don't get me wrong, but he was a great match with jinah in Just between lovers, but it's just a drama. :D

Stills for tonight's episodes. It's soo cute, seems like JRW and JH are having fun playing their characters and blowing bubble gum. The gum they probably bought from the old lady. :D

Credit to instagram owner

• Like 5