Quantcast
Prettysup

[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

I would prefer an ending with the Hungry Wok Gang going back to the small kitchen. There is a serious loss of camaraderie in the hotel kitchen and the young hotelier doesn't deserve the best kitchen team... ... it just didn't make sense for the chef to work for someone who made him a cuckold :(:(

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Prettysup said:

# The Family #Doo Chil-sung
We have three days left to shoot. Let's go all the way!

The maknae kkangpae is gone. There's one missing. I've been wondering where he went.

• Like 4

And @Prettysup DCS continues to look sad. 

JH took this role because he wanted something light before his next heavy role. But in the end.... I only saw the lighter parts in the early episodes. 

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, kohnlee said:

And @Prettysup DCS continues to look sad. 

JH took this role because he wanted something light before his next heavy role. But in the end.... I only saw the lighter parts in the early episodes. 

First few episodes were funny. But then we learn that:

- DSW will never return his feelings

- His dad died when he was a baby. 

- He was abandoned at a Chinese restaurant by his mom

- He was ridiculed by police officers because his mom didn't pay $2.

- He never had the chance to go to military because he was adopted.

- His mom has been fighting cancer almost all her life and now that she came back, it got worse again.

You guys want more? :D

I also thought this would be a light role for him. But I guess not. I thought he is a gangster now because he chose to be. But I can't help but think that he had to be a gangster to survive because he doesn't have a choice.

• Like 10

18 hours ago, Mau_Cherry said:

Where was the vet this time? Just to ask and the horse is still missing too...

Vet hanging out with ex-wife and Buster. 

Maknae gangster having wild affair with one of them. Choose. >.<

Jokes aside - great posts @Mau_Cherry and @USAfarmgirl

I think this show deserves so much more love than it's been getting. 

Love Poong and his mix of stubbornness, purpose and vulnerability

Love DCS (and who are we kidding, really Jang Hyuk) and his story of middling gangster to #1 champion on the inside

Love DSW and how she shows up all these strong characters around her with her ability to bend and not break. 

• Like 5

Seems like only DCS and gang’s filming are left.

i read caption. it said ALMOST FINISH! do u think they shoot last EP.

omg!!! next week their last EP. gonna miss them so much

• Like 5

No fear of competition from younger actors, Jang Hyuk : My face is my greatest asset

Most male leads in romantic comedies are younger actors in their 20s or early 30s. However 42-year old Jang Hyuk is still receiving offers for acting in romantic comedies such as the current airing ‘Wok of Love’. Even when he acted in ‘Fated to Love You’ 4 years ago, he was already 38 years old then.

When asked about his advantages and charms over younger actors in an email interview, Jang Hyuk said with humor and confidence, "Younger actors have a sense of freshness and vitality. I think my greatest assest is my face, because it is one which people will not forget easily, haha!”

He added on a more serious note, “After acting for so many years, I have acquired knowledge and experience, I know how to work my charm. Also now, I am better at dealing with people, I guess these are my advantages”.

Since acting in ‘Fated to Love You’ in 2014, Jang Hyuk has taken on 2 saguek dramas ‘Shine or Go Crazy’, ‘Gakeju 2015’ as well as 3 modern dramas ‘Beautiful Mind’, ‘Voice’ and ‘Money Flower’, all of which consisted of heavy and complicated characters. This year, he returns to a romantic comedy with ‘Wok of Love’. He said, “Actually I would like to act in more comedies. I think that the challenge in romantic comedies is that in addition to being involved with the story, we need to have good chemistries with the other actors as well.  Most important is the atmosphere at the filming site, like the joyful atmosphere we are enjoying now, everyone can feel it when watching the series."

He also shared about the good working relationsip with his 2 partners Lee Jun-ho and Jung Ryeo-won in the drama. "Jun-ho has a good personality, we talk a lot to each other. Ryeo-won is a charming lady, her personality is similar to the role."

In ‘Wok of Love’, Jang Hyuk plays Doo Chil-sung, a money-lender full of humanity. Originally from a triad, he opens a Chinese restaurant in order to allow his former gang members to have a proper workplace. In the drama, although he likes Jung Ryeo-won, she likes Lee Jun-ho instead.

A lot of mouth-watering delicious Chinese dishes food also appear frequently in this drama. Jang Hyuk said, “I like the Chinese cuisine very much, such as sweet sour pork, dumplings and ma-po beancurd with rice. My favourite is jajyeongmeon”.

Jang Hyuk also revealed that his cooking skills are not bad. “I am best at making New York hotdogs, as well as kimchi pot, fried rabokki and rameon. I even make the soup base myself!” But he also admitted that “I am only good at making those dishes which I had done before, but if you give me a new recipe, it will be a big mess. It is really extreme!”

Because Jang Hyuk acts as the restaurant’s boss in the drama, he does not have the opportunity to enter the kitchen to show off his culinary skills. However he did have a chance to show off his singing and dancing skills in a comical KTV scene. When asked whether singing or dancing is more difficult for him, he said, “Both are hard! But since Doo Chil-sung is a character who does not sing or dance well in the first place, I just need to perform up to his standard!” But Jang Hyuk who had participated in a band during his school days, and even released an album before, reminded the reporter that “Although Doo Chil-sung does not sing or dance well, this does not mean that my singing or dancing is bad, haha!”

Doo Chil-sung is one who cherished his relationship with his brothers, and Jang Hyuk is similar so in real life. His good friends in the entertainment circle include Kim Jong-kook, Cha Tae-hyun, Hong  Kyung-min and Hong Kyung-in. Last year, these 5 friends born in the same year went on a 6 days 5 nights trip through the variety program ‘Dragon's Club’ and showed viewers their stong bond with each other.

Talking about this program, Jang Hyuk said, “We had know each other for more than 20 years, and it is unbelievable we still have so many things to chat about. Perhaps it is because that was the first time we went out together for so many days, so we really chatted a lot.” Jang Hyuk also added, “We used to see each other a lot, but now everyone is getting busier and we have our own families, there are less opportunities to meet up. We managed to reminisce a lot during this trip, and shared a lot of our inner feelings. ‘Dragon's Club’ is a very precious experience for me.”

ZB_0711_CJ_doc70y2wc75f761k3s2yp1r_10144

Translated by : prettysup

Source https://www.zaobao.com.sg/zentertainment/k-pop/story20180711-874258

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Prettysup said:

My face is my greatest asset

Jang Hyuk also revealed that his cooking skills are not bad

this does not mean that my singing or dancing is bad, haha

Lol. Few months ago he said his face has strong character that's why he can only pull off limited characters.^_^

I can't believe him. My experience says no matter how hard he tries cooking/singing are just not his things.:sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Sorry, I don't know if anyone had shared this, but it keeps popping up on instagram with tons of picture of BTS of Junho as Seo Poong. Thought I share it.

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=16266472&amp;memberNo=24348166

13 hours ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

i read caption. it said ALMOST FINISH! do u think they shoot last EP.

omg!!! next week their last EP. gonna miss them so much

I'm not ready to let go of greasy melo. There wasn't enough bromance as I was expecting and I felt like towards the end now that it's being rushed and lots of things were left out getting us to questions what happened. Eitherway, I gotta say I enjoyed the drama overall, especially the character development of Poong and DCS. Those two had the best character development in the story. (Just my opinion.) :D

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Shosi_for_9 said:

do u think live shoot already done?

Not yet, if u see the post I shared the previous page by Joo Jae Yoon, he said 3 more days of filming. So depending how u count, it could only end today or tomorrow. 

• Like 3

Not yet, if u see the post I shared the previous page by Joo Jae Yoon, he said 3 more days of filming. So depending how u count, it could only end today or tomorrow. 

yes thank so much for information

10 hours ago, turtle0217 said:

Sorry, I don't know if anyone had shared this, but it keeps popping up on instagram with tons of picture of BTS of Junho as Seo Poong. Thought I share it.

thank you for information.

• Like 1

So... that last episode, more precisely, the preview for episode 35: 

Spoiler

Are we supposed to think they "did it" From the image we could see a little bit of her bare leg under the blanket, whereas the last image of episode 34 had her sleeping in her clothes. 

What do you think?

• Like 1