[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@USAFarmgirl Thanks for picking up this drama. It is charming me and I am proud to see real Chinese food (more authentic) shown. Hope this busy period gets you productive! Always glad to see you!

I am enjoying Poong and SW romance. Junho is so impressive with his acting and since i am a fan of 2pm-so proud of him what he has done too with his acting! He holds the wok like a boss and you can tell all the casts have practice long and hard to look authentic. 

CS confronting the mysterious ajumma, it makes sense it is his mom. She not as much in many words to the audience has mentioned she is his mom. Very possessive. Also caring for him. When he confronted her after finding her wallet, interesting how she tried to skirt the issue.

Glad MD and the boys are now understanding and respecting Poong (drastic turn around from the beginning). They respect his talent and abilities when before they mocked him. Loved how they all pulled together the first time with 15 customers. Then more people came. SW's mom was awesome getting the guests to come in to say Do I look like a  gangster to you? LOL. To SW being smart not knowing that the VVIP for Grand Hotel was her nurse and handles the rsvp for the monthly banquets. That nurse knows her stuff, but SW was quick on the uptake to appeal to her appreciating Poong treating SW at the hospital with care (so she was so happy it wasn't a dream). LOL.

Poong such a softie. LIking the peck on the check but acting like he didn't. SW acting cute realizing the hug she loved and liked alot was NOT a dream but reality. 

Faithful SJ, she was lured by the money by her ex bf and head chef Wang, I can understand. But glad she was there to help. Poong and Wang are right, without her their kitchen cannot operate. Food prep is important.  I like how SW was promoted and ticked that he did not tell her he was healed. (I think that is a miracle itself given that gangster out for CS stepped on it many times giving his old boss at Grand Hotel's SR's message.)

-Bromance is live and well. I love them alot. How CS was threatening him to just stay with him instead of sleeping on the bench in the break room of the restaurant. Good CS. You are a big softie.

-Poong taking matters into his hands not letting SJ got to Wang Sifu and carrying her back to the restaurant. 

-SW denying she likes Poong and how they all threaten if he likes her or she likes him they all go (Her mom, SJ and GJ).

Her mom was right to call it that she likes Poong.

-Poong now is more comfortable to show affection taking SW into a warm hug when she was going to GJ oppa. LOL. If they all didn't know his feelings before he is DECLARING it now.

-SW mom under just dish washer ajumma telling CS he is not good enough due to his dark and criminal past. I think she was so harsh. She doesn't know the whole story.He may be a gangster but he treats your SW with respect and has a big heart.  Look at SR, he may be rich and handsome and supposedly legit but he is a Richard Simmons. Between the two, I rather have CS.

I guess only Monday episode. Sad.  I like the light heartedness and looking forward the cooking battle. YESH more of those please!

Don't know if anyone has post this up, yet. But we have to wait until the 25th.. It was soo boring yesterday without Greasy Melo.. :dissapointed:

Junho shouldn't be teasing us to wait. Lol! Jang Hyuk, too. They're all posting stuff on their instagram. :lol:

EPISODES 21-22 WEECAP

Only two episodes this week thanks to preemptions. Boo. It’s like going to a restaurant to order your favorite dish, and finding out that they only have enough ingredients to make half of it. Maybe it still tastes as good, but it’s not nearly as filling. You’re left wanting more—more cuteness, more bromance, more Hungry Wok family, more of Jung Ryeo-won’s sunny smiles.

greasymelo2100276.jpg

continue reading here :

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/06/greasy-melo-episodes-21-22/#comment-3254988

1 hour ago, xcalibur07 said:

Translation for Junho's update:

Cr: owner

Thank you for sharing. Haven't had the time to get it translated.

Love the ChilPoong :D also the "Don't be like that. It's your girl's mother." Lol! :lol:

11 hours ago, light0312 said:

preview 25/26

playful cast 

I'm soo excited, but there's going to be nothing on Monday. Got another week to go before the new episodes. :( I really want to see what DCS is going to do, because the CEO is trying to buy out his building. 

Thanks for sharing the playful cast having fun. :D

" Money Flower→  Greasy Melo → Bad Papa " … Jang Hyuk, beautifully crazy hardworking journey

Jang Hyuk, a trusted actor, is having a splash in 2018. Including his next upcoming work, he will have 3 dramas within this year.

Although actor Jang Hyuk works hard like a cow,  his acting is never boring. Jang has a talent for expressing characters in three dimensions with his own charm. So even after a long time, I still remember his acting in " Chuno, " " Tree with Deep Roots, " " Iris 2, " and " Fated to love you "

In addition, Jang Hyuk 's performance has also been renewed and growing. This year, he met his life work through MBC weekend drama 'Money Flower' which was aired from last November last year to February this year. The character he played, Kang Pil-joo, has lived for more than 20 years hiding the fact that he is a real eldest grandson of a rich family, all the time waiting for revenge. Jang Hyuk's restrained performance revealed a different charisma, adding much tension to the drama from his intense acting.

Three months after 'Money Flower' ended, Jang Hyuk returned to the screen with SBS drama 'Greasy Melo '. Here, he captured viewers with a charm that is 180 degrees different from 'Money Flower'. He plays Doo Chil-sung, the owner of a Chinese restaurant who was an ex-gangster boss. He seems to had led a tough life, but he fell in love with Dan Sae-woo (Jung Ryeo-won) at first sight. Jang Hyuk maximized Doo Chil-sung's charm with his unique comic performance. Therefore, there are many viewers who hope that the Doo Chil-sung will have a good relationship. 

Jang Hyuk has also confirmed his next drama to be MBC's new Mon/Tue drama ' Bad Papa,'. He will play the unfortunate character Yoo Ji-chul, a former champion boxer who loses both his money and fame. He will recover his life through mixed martial arts fighting and depict a story about family relationships. In real life, Jang Hyuk has a loving wife and has a special affection for his three children, which is one of the reasons why his performance in  'Bad Papa' is met with much anticipation.

20180616_1529102307_86040100_1.jpg

http://www.tvreport.co.kr/?c=news&m=newsview&idx=1063233

Archived