[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

22 hours ago, icyphoenix said:

Whatever the conclusion might be.. If he is truly in relationship with WJH then can't he act with JRW or share pic with her.. It's not just  LJH n WJH close.. The same goes for working with JRW.. It's his choice to post whatever things he wants.. I like all the three actors.. I hope this shipping fights n etc doesn't affect the friendship of them.. 

Totaly Agreed.

and i hope they not attack jrw sns. or like kid. its can be force her unfollow ljh as well. and after that she will have zero following. lol

LEE DONG WOOK Sent Coffee Truck for JRW.. Second time, before he sent her coffee truck too for support Witch Court

And Couple of the year

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, kamkrna said:

It appeared to me like the lady who played the nurse role lee hye joo of cardiovascular dept. is the one here ... maybe I'm wrong... My eyes were swelling with tears seeing Chill Sung alone walking with the IV... :(:( made me remember lee young oh of BM.  :( 

it ain't the same girl. But true that scene had BM feels..

17 hours ago, kamkrna said:

Maybe, Poong's pretty face melts Chill Sung...

This is so funny!

You make a very good point. Many times I've felt the drama just rushes and forces the relationships. I can't pinpoint if its the script, plot or editing, but something has always felt choppy and rushed. Why does Chilsung do so much for Poong? Is it because the script says so? Its a good question and I don't have a really good answer myself. What I can say is that, for some reason, as soon as they met, I didn't feel antagonism from Chilsung's side towards Poong, which let me to believe, at that time, that Chilsung saw something in Poong. I remember he said he was a jerk, but something in his demeanor showed me, Poong caught his attention in a positive way. At first he was trying to mediate between him and his "boys", later when Poong asked him for money, Chilsung was actuallly gentle, telling him not to borrow money from a gangster. Maybe he saw something in him, his idealism and innocence perhaps? as he said later? Also Poong is so hardworking, passionate about his work and does not give up easily. Then he sees his gangster boys being dependent on him, I had the feeling (of course this is me guessing) that he wishes his guys were more like Poong,

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

This is so funny!

You make a very good point. 

Finally you unlocked your account.B) You also used to be @chunnogirl33. Weren't you?

As much frustrated I'm with DSW's charcter right now, I was not too much bothered by her ambiguous feelings towards CS because I'm sure the writer initially wanted to keep things that way till the end. That's why despite turning CS down many times she low-key flirted with him and told him she has not sorted out her feelings. 

Then suddenly in next ep everything is over and we got  a new female character who looks like CS's potential love intrest thus destroying significance of his crush on DSW the first woman with whom he actually fell in love. 

1 hour ago, fiesty8001 said:

Finally you unlocked your account.B) You also used to be @chunnogirl33. Weren't you?

Yes tht's also me, I don't remember exactly why I couldn't recover that one. 

DSW right now annoys me very much. I have many thoughts about her but I am so sleepy that I don't even want to get started on her. All I'll say is, I'm not sure if the writer is presenting her "honesty" as a good feature or not at this point. DCD is direct and honest but so far he has not hurt anyone. DSW "doesn't sugar coat things" but is rude and hurtful. For whatever reason, be it she wants to push someone away or be it she is mad at the person and wants to hurt them (like she did with Poong's dumplings criticism) and its not what she does (rejecting DCD WAS the right thing to do, being honest about Poong's food WAS the right thing to do) but the way she does it that makes her seem so obnoxious to me. She also has a childish demeanor that I found sorta cute in small doses but is tiring me. I love Jung Rye Won but Im not 100% sure Im enjoying this aspect of her characterization. 

Instead of rooting for her "sort of" feminist statements, like I normally would, I found her words empty, shallow, imposed and out of place. All her talk about "I don't want men to tell me what to do"! What men are telling her what to do? Is she now reacting to her dad who probably told her what to do when he supported her economically and she was only a "woman-child"? Am I supposed to infer that her mom represents what DSW would've turned into if life never turned sour for her? A spoiled helpless woman? I kinda sorta "understand"the message but I'm not sure. Why didn't she defend hersef when Poong kept yelling at her but is now acting all proud? 

And lastly, her attitude towards DCS is the most annoying. Whatever cuteness was between them got lost. She is choosing to only remember "the times she rejected him" and not the times she said " Awww why are you forgetting your crush so fast? Ahjussi, wait for me"" So NOW DCS is sort of a nuissance to her and he gets scolded for not properly forgetting about her. Like its so easy! Especially when you are given mixed messages! And no, the excuse that "the writer wanted to keep the triangle going" doesnt make it any less annoying to me

Now the writer decided to change her tune abruptly and DSW looks more like a psycho than ever. Oh yeah NOW she is "honest" and we "Admire" her so much, because "It is her choice what matters after all"

So I'm kinda glad the writer gave me at least the pleasure of seeing her  exposed by Maeng Dal for her rude and callous behaviour, and I'm glad Poong friendzoned her with mixed messages. See how much she likes his honesty! I'm not sure if the writer will make the character ever mature enough to at least owning up to her mistakes and to see how what she did/does is not nice.  Also, she was all "It's my choice" Well guess what, not it's Poong's choice :tongue: So whatever, he will cave to his attraction most likely soon but at least she got to suffer "rejections" a little. 

The new loveline for DCS might or might not work. But his love for DSW doesn't have to be undying love especially since its unrequited. Otherwise, is DCS supposed to be a masocquist? DSW being her only love in forever sounds very romantic but she is never going to love him back so I don't care anymore. I'm not going to dismiss the idea of this new relationship until I see how that progresses. I hope they make it convincing because DCS is the only character I still can "feel" completely. 

A dream I have is for DCS to choose to protect his heart from DWS, tell her she doesn't owe him any money because he'd rather not see her face again, so take the money as a gift and Kaaaa! at least from his life and presence. But that will never happen. DCS is still too whipped by her. 

On 6/7/2018 at 1:27 AM, kamkrna said:

It appeared to me like the lady who played the nurse role lee hye joo of cardiovascular dept. is the one here ... maybe I'm wrong... My eyes were swelling with tears seeing Chill Sung alone walking with the IV... :(:( made me remember lee young oh of BM.  :( 

Lee Hye joo is a young nurse, this one from BM, did she appear in WOL ?

Beautiful_Mind_(Korean_Drama)-Mo_Ri-Yoo.

The nurse I see in WOL is this one, I saw her in 'While you were sleeping'

While_You_Were_Sleeping_(2017)-Bae_Hye-S

On 6/7/2018 at 6:09 AM, dramafan33 said:

Disclaimer and summary of this rant: I’m still watching for Jang Hyuk’s character but I got bored with everything else. My expectations are now very low but I’m still trying to see the light. I know this opinion won’t be popular with those who are liking the OTP story. You guys are the lucky ones, since this drama focused entirely on that. But for those of us who are not feeling them, this is a major drag (that is really the bottomline)

As someone who likes a lot of this drama, (all the disparate elements and even the "randomness") I would say that OTP romance is sadly IMO the most disappointing aspect of the drama. And the only reason there is some semblance of an "OTP" is because the actors actually have some decent chemistry with each other, otherwise they're certainly not that well served by the script. I can hardly believe the OTP romance here is actually written by the writer of Jealousy Incarnate... which is leading me to suspect that this show is being ghost written or something along those lines. The writing for the romance has been amateur hour compared to all the sterling romances that have been written this year coming out of other stations. Even the romance in Prison Playbook and Live were better done and they weren't exactly rom coms by any stretch of the imagination. It's like watching a bad cheesy cliche high school drama unfold. Maybe that's the intention... if so... well... they're doing a good job putting me off that aspect of the drama.

I used to think it was just me being biased due to my love for Hyukie and what he's done with a rather thinly developed character that I'm suffering SLS. But looking at Episodes 17 and 18... and the dialogue... I came to the conclusion... nah... it's really the writing and the directing. What are they doing to SW now? I don't care for it, TBH. 

The bromance I can understand better and like much more even if it's a little awkward at times. But at least there, Poong knows what CS has done for him and put himself on the line for him. CS sees Poong as the underdog that needs to be cared for like one of his boys so that's not surprising. Both these guys value loyalty and for different reasons mind you. Poong hasn't experienced much of it... certainly not from his ex or his ex-colleagues so he can't not be moved by CS' extravagant gestures and CS understands loyalty and team work from being a gang leader.

If I didn't already know what a great and amazing performer Hyukie is, this show confirms it because he brings his A game even when he's given very little to work with. Just looking at what he does in that hospital room with his eyes, tearing up wistfully. That alone gives the CS character the depth this show desperately needs. Is it any great surprise that he's such a beloved character? It's hard to believe that CS is just a support act here when he lights up the screen every time he's on.

Mind you, I like the potential of the war between the restaurants although if I had been writing this drama, I would have focused first on making Hungry Wok a success before taking on Goliath on the other side of the street. I would also have not brought in SW's "family" but really focused on building the relationships amongst Poong, CS and CS' boys while exploring their individual backstories. I want to see the Hungry Wok have real customers first, become a place of refuge for Poong, maybe SW as well and then later on for one or two others before taking on the big boys next door. On hindsight, I agree that the writing should have been focused on the individual characters then gradually building the relationships organically before moving on to the romance.

Anyway, what's done is done... I like the restaurant side of things but as a place of business,  not an in-your-face metaphor for the OTP's brewing sexual tension. That's getting a bit old.

1 minute ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

Mind you, I like the potential of the war between the restaurants although if I had been writing this drama, I would have focused first on making Hungry Wok a success before taking on Goliath on the other side of the street. I would also have not brought in SW's "family" but really focused on building the relationships amongst Poong, CS and CS' boys while exploring their individual backstories. I want to see the Hungry Wok have real customers first, become a place of refuge for Poong, maybe SW as well and then later on for one or two others before taking on the big boys next door. On hindsight, I agree that the writing should have been focused on the individual characters then gradually building the relationships organically before moving on to the romance.

I agree with the statement that they writer should of had Hungry Wok become a successful first, then get more entangled with Giant Hotel. As of right now, I feel like the writer is making us stuck in this whole love triangle, bromance situation and without much explanation or going anywhere, they are going to jump us right into the competition. Also I somewhat feel like I'm going to be very disappointed if they screw up Poong AGAIN on next week's episodes. Like seriously, haven't this guy gone through enough, how much more are you guys going to make him suffer more? 

But it is what it is. We'll have to wait and see. 

Hungry work already have their own customers. You can see from the scene in this IG, when Poong walk into the restaurant and proceed to the kitchen, the restaurant almost full house and we can hear the customers praising the foods.

Still, I agree that the major problems coming from the writer. I also wondering what CS see in Poong that makes him appointed himself to be his guardian angel. Poong's naivety can risk his business but CS didn't mind to pour more money and invest on him. 

11 hours ago, dramafan33 said:

Yes tht's also me, I don't remember exactly why I couldn't recover that one. 

DSW right now annoys me very much. I have many thoughts about her but I am so sleepy that I don't even want to get started on her. All I'll say is, I'm not sure if the writer is presenting her "honesty" as a good feature or not at this point. DCD is direct and honest but so far he has not hurt anyone. DSW "doesn't sugar coat things" but is rude and hurtful. For whatever reason, be it she wants to push someone away or be it she is mad at the person and wants to hurt them (like she did with Poong's dumplings criticism) and its not what she does (rejecting DCD WAS the right thing to do, being honest about Poong's food WAS the right thing to do) but the way she does it that makes her seem so obnoxious to me. She also has a childish demeanor that I found sorta cute in small doses but is tiring me. I love Jung Rye Won but Im not 100% sure Im enjoying this aspect of her characterization. 

Instead of rooting for her "sort of" feminist statements, like I normally would, I found her words empty, shallow, imposed and out of place. All her talk about "I don't want men to tell me what to do"! What men are telling her what to do? Is she now reacting to her dad who probably told her what to do when he supported her economically and she was only a "woman-child"? Am I supposed to infer that her mom represents what DSW would've turned into if life never turned sour for her? A spoiled helpless woman? I kinda sorta "understand"the message but I'm not sure. Why didn't she defend hersef when Poong kept yelling at her but is now acting all proud? 

And lastly, her attitude towards DCS is the most annoying. Whatever cuteness was between them got lost. She is choosing to only remember "the times she rejected him" and not the times she said " Awww why are you forgetting your crush so fast? Ahjussi, wait for me"" So NOW DCS is sort of a nuissance to her and he gets scolded for not properly forgetting about her. Like its so easy! Especially when you are given mixed messages! And no, the excuse that "the writer wanted to keep the triangle going" doesnt make it any less annoying to me

Now the writer decided to change her tune abruptly and DSW looks more like a psycho than ever. Oh yeah NOW she is "honest" and we "Admire" her so much, because "It is her choice what matters after all"

So I'm kinda glad the writer gave me at least the pleasure of seeing her  exposed by Maeng Dal for her rude and callous behaviour, and I'm glad Poong friendzoned her with mixed messages. See how much she likes his honesty! I'm not sure if the writer will make the character ever mature enough to at least owning up to her mistakes and to see how what she did/does is not nice.  Also, she was all "It's my choice" Well guess what, not it's Poong's choice :tongue: So whatever, he will cave to his attraction most likely soon but at least she got to suffer "rejections" a little. 

The new loveline for DCS might or might not work. But his love for DSW doesn't have to be undying love especially since its unrequited. Otherwise, is DCS supposed to be a masocquist? DSW being her only love in forever sounds very romantic but she is never going to love him back so I don't care anymore. I'm not going to dismiss the idea of this new relationship until I see how that progresses. I hope they make it convincing because DCS is the only character I still can "feel" completely. 

A dream I have is for DCS to choose to protect his heart from DWS, tell her she doesn't owe him any money because he'd rather not see her face again, so take the money as a gift and Kaaaa! at least from his life and presence. But that will never happen. DCS is still too whipped by her. 

I'm also getting annoyed with DSW.  She has been adorable from the beginning, and her interaction with DCS was cute.  I don't understand how her attitude just changed from episode 9 onwards.  I just can't see the adorable side of her now even when she's being sweet to SP after the way she treated DCS.  Somehow it feels very hypocritical.  

Archived