[Drama 2018] Wok of Love (Greasy Melo) 기름진 멜로

Prettysup

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, mimisl123 said:

Am i the only one who thinks this drama is tad bit boring?? I loved the first few episodes and it got dull afterwards? I still wonder what this story about? :expressionless:Just watching it for JH and Junho.

I just watch this for JH's part and fast forwarded all the rest hehe...

4.gif?type=w1200

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

I just watch this for JH's part and fast forwarded all the rest hehe...

Haha, me too... this is one of the few dramas with JH which allows me time off to do other stuff when he's not on screen :tongue: I learnt the rest of the story from the postings here...

I think at last Poong said "Dangshin Chuaye, Kinde hyung chuaye.. kironikka.... " --- I think Seo Poong expressed his love to Sae Woo.... But he told that he loves Chill Sung too and he also loves her. So let us not fall in love and make him sad... Im not sure.. But just my guess...

What an exemplary stunt by JH!!! Awesome!!! I kinda cried when he got hit by those thugs in lift... He first saved old LMS, swept her and put her in car and then tried to get the diary of Poong and came running and escaped in the car !! What a marvelous man!!! Love him more and more!!

Once again no need subs for JH’s acting. The conversation btw DCS and DSW in the hospital suggests that he is letting her go. 

I believe I’m 70-80% correct hahaha! 

@kamkrnaThat car stunt was stunning :) yes I was on the verge of tears when I saw him protecting old grandma. I went to do some laundry and came back just in time to catch it :( 

1 minute ago, kohnlee said:

Once again no need subs for JH’s acting. The conversation btw DCS and DSW in the hospital suggests that he is letting her go. 

agreed with you. i love tonite EP

ps: i can't believe. they just finished shoot last sunday :grin:

live shooting so hard

Chef Who Consults For “Wok Of Love” Praises 2PM’s Junho For His Passion And Work Ethic

Chef Kim Jung Rae, who works as a consultant for SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama “Wok of Love” had nothing but praise for 2PM’s Junho for his work ethic and passion.

“Wok of Love” is a romantic comedy that follows the lives of three people as they run a neighborhood Chinese restaurant. 2PM’s Junho plays Seo Poong, the chef of the restaurant. As such, he has to film many scenes that require him to cook and he stole the hearts of viewers from the first episode with his expertise in handling a wok. His romance with Dan Sae Woo (Jung Ryeo Won) has also been making viewers’ hearts race.

The drama has been receiving consultations from chef Kim Jung Rae, and he was recently asked how Junho prepared for his role. He shared that he’d trained Junho for a month before the drama began filming. They went through everything from basic knife skills to preparing ingredients and using a wok. Behind all of the captivating cooking scenes in the drama is the hard work of Junho.

Talking about Junho, Kim Jung Rae stated, “He’s very passionate. He initially struggled with working with a wok in front of a fire, but he’s now as comfortable with it as real chefs are. He looks very natural in the kitchen and it’s the result of continued practice.” He continued his praise as he added, “Junho prepared for his role by not only asking about technical skills, but also trying to understand how a chef’s mind would work in certain situations. He never does anything halfway, so I was always flooded by questions when I arrived on set.”

2PM-Junho.jpg

He also chose the scene of Dan Sae Woo helping Seo Poong cook when he hurt his arm as the most memorable scene in the drama so far. He explained, “In Chinese cuisine, the wok and ladle are inseparable. You have to turn the wok well to make sure the ingredients don’t burn, and you have to keep adding more flavors and spices with the ladle at the same time to create complex flavors. I thought it was interesting to represent the two characters’ relationship through the wok and the ladle.”

cr; soompi

Knowing him for years, what makes me like him the most is his passion towards everything he does. Be it as a singer songwriter and also an actor. I feel like a proud mother TT_TT 

5 hours ago, mimisl123 said:

Am i the only one who thinks this drama is tad bit boring?? I loved the first few episodes and it got dull afterwards? I still wonder what this story about? :expressionless:Just watching it for JH and Junho.

I feel the same way too. Thought I was the only one so I'm not weird after all. :D Yup I told my buddies that even though I watch Wok of Love because of Jang Hyuk and Junho, I find the story quite draggy and felt bored. Anyway I will still going to watch till the end.

I’m still watching this but I will have to agree with @mimisl123 that it’s getting a tad boring even though I thought the first few episodes were good!

I guess it reminds me so much of Jealousy Incarnate - the essence of the plot, the personalities of the leads, their dynamics... even the complex and chaotic subplots in the “background”. So it’s quite easy to guess how it’s going to go from here - with 11 episodes (or 22 in the new system) left to go... and I guess knowing that, it’s boring for me already.

I think JH is amazing... Junho is great and I’ve always loved JRW. 

BUT (a big bold BUT) - because the dynamics remind me so much of JI - I really can’t help but to compare them to JI’s leads. Trust me, I don’t like to compare but I think the writer is kinda lazy so she’s really just moving the same kind of personalities to a different setting, so I really can’t help it.

Junho is great - and especially since he’s a new actor, he’s doing a good job. But CJS was SOOOOOO MUCH better in portraying an arrogant, insecure and angry genius who feels wronged in many ways because of the cards dealt to him by unfortunate fate. Junho is great but he lacks that depth to draw out those complex emotions with just one look, or by speaking just a simple sentence.

Same goes for JRW - I have always liked JRW since years ago, and I’ve enjoyed her dramas - however, GHJ was AMAAAAAAAZING in portraying a somewhat naive woman with a lot of inner strength to get through her hardships. I think it also helps when for some reason, GHJ has incredible chemistry with all her leading men. 

Of course, much has to do with the writing too. JI was by no means perfect, but with male breast cancer as the thread of the story, along with GHJ’s dream to become an anchor and working hard and succeeding, and the complex situation about their extended families... there are different layers for the actors to work with... leads and supporting.

To be honest, I’m still not sure exactly what it is that’s happening in the drama - so it’s two guys falling in love with the same girl, while they try to win against the hotel? Yea, so? That’s what I’m feeling right now.

And the horse? What’s the significance other than the cancer? And why get LMS to play two characters... what’s the story there, is there even one? Or it’s simply coz the writer likes LMS so much that she wants to her to have more screen time?

I do hope I’m wrong here and will be pleasantly surprised. Soon though coz we’re already half way through!

@joyue_1You put into words what I've been thinking and feeling. I agree about the writer being kind of lazy. JI could be frustrating but the male breast cancer story was good and tied into both the relationship and workplace parts of the drama. SP getting revenge and building a successful restaurant is fine but it's a bit simplistic for a 16 episode drama much less a 20 episode one. We're almost halfway through and not much has even been done with it. JRW's character frustrates me the most though. Not because I don't like her but because so far she's just a tool for the romance.  GHJ's character frustrated me so much in JI in regards to the love triangle but she did have a dream and worked hard to achieve that dream. Does SW have a dream? She's working as SP's "ladle" and I get she doesn't have many options right now, but I'd like to see her trying to figure out what her dream is and how to work toward it. I don't know. I feel like all of the characters are so underdeveloped and it's a shame. 

Just watched the raw episodes and I feel like now both DCS and SP are giving up the girl to one another, because they know how each one feel about the girl. I'll be honest, it's worst than love triangles. Like it's one of those situation of "No, you take it." "No, i insist you take it." back and forth, back and forth. I hope DSW makes up her mind and sticks to one of them and makes it clear by at least tomorrow.

From the previews, it seems like SP is giving up DSW for DCS, his hyung, but DSW is going to choose SP..? Just my guess.

Either way, I am soo soo HAPPY that DCS got the recipe book, just upset that the freakin master chef is going to be the one cooking it and he's going to betray SP big time. 

Love this scene. Such a Hyung and Dongsaeng scene. :D

Credit to instagram owner

The Bromance makes me a little excited about this drama, but I feel like we lost track of where is everyone else :confused::neutral: 

Archived