[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

43 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

He builds a playground in the place where both of them lost part of their childhood , he gives her an opportunity to be the top secretary with skills that if she ever applies again anywhere , she would be #1 , he loved , respected and supported himself alone all these years - imagine a child being touted and implicated in kidnapping by his brother and his school buddies in grade 4, and  his only  ray of sunshine Mi So . If this man is narcissistic , then i am changing the definition in the dictionary . :star:

Well said chingu @jadore1, This narcissism is a shield to protect himself. Once Mi So see though it then they can move forward. She will also make him realize that she sees him and likes/loves the real him. He did so much for her and in the meantime she was a ray of sunshine for him. Brought him happiness and peace. 

• Like 8

"What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" Park Seo-joon and Park Min-young's Romance Heats Up

photo983896.jpg

"What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" is a solid romantic comedy. Straightforward lover Park Seo-joon and guarded Park Min-young are growing closer despite the tension between them.

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim", Lee Young-joon (Park Seo-joon) chased after Kim Mi-so (Park Min-young) to make her his own.

The latest episode of "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" on the 27th rated 7.3% and 8.8%, despite the Korea VS Germany World Cup Games. The tvN target viewer rating of 2049 resulted in 5.4% and 6.5%. "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" is on a roll.

• Like 10

"What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" Pyo Ye-jin Runs From Hwang Chan-sung

photo983902.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" the employees in the vice president's team went to a workshop.

Lee Young-joon (Park Seo-joon) also attended in order to to see Kim Mi-so (Park Min-young).

One of the activities required teams of two had to look for ribbons tied to tress in the forest. Lee Young-joon and Kim Mi-so were on one team while Kim Ji-ah (Pyo Ye-jin) and Ko Gwi-nam (Hwang Chan-sung) were on another.

Lee Young-joon added a tablet PC to the list of first prizes and Ko Gwi-nam's apathetic attitude towards the game changed. He searched high and low for the prize he wanted and found a ribbon stuck high in a tree.

He justified him behavior by telling Ji-ah that he didn't want the first prize, but first prize, as he climbed the tree.

Ko Gwi-nam asked Kim Ji-aj to hold onto his precious suit and went up the tree to get the ribbon.

However, he realized how high it was only after he'd reached the ribbon and asked Kim Ji-ah to be a step for him on the way down.

Kim Jia couldn't believe what she'd heard and ran away while pretending to be on the phone.

P.S.
there seems to be a wayy of kissing virus going on haha!

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

After almost a year and a half of being absent, this is the one drama that reignited my love for Kdrama's. I cant help but say each episode has some sort of charm that has me reeling for more. I appreciate how the progression of our leads relationship is very relatable. Its not gonna be an overnight realization or a long drawn out epiphany that couples have.

One of my pet peeves about watching a romantic genre is the fact that I am forced to believe that two people can fall in love so darn quickly when truthfully it doesn't really happen. To the point where Im constantly bothered by the idea of "Love at first sight" Which is why I cant be bothered by some story lines now a days. Even if you fall into his arms a billion times its still not enough for me to wrap my head around it. With our couple I can really believe how a narcissistic man like YJ can change and he doesn't over night, again its natural for him to want to be with Secretary Kim for the "right" reasons by episode 7. Again might be an unpopular opinion since nowadays I notice the lead couple kissing by the first or second episode sometimes. (how believable is that)

The female lead is a breath of fresh air, and PMY is nailing her portrayal of Secretary Kim. She is a strong willed character without being too stubborn. Secretary Kim is genuine and extremely likeable because she can admit her feelings for YJ which is incredible but also firm about wanting to rehash her forgotten memories. No faults about her character or PMY's acting. 10/10

I love that each and every character really has a definitive purpose whether its for comedic relief or not. I appreciate all of them. So for me this episode was really on par to how I would want the story to go, cause I know when we are given intimate moments they will have more of a profound impact to viewers. The reason being we know and we are given ample amount of scenes to understand how these two people took their time and truly deserve a genuine loving relationship with each other.

Episode 7 personal rating (9/10)

With that said...... Bring on the smooches!

Thank you to everyone here and all the updates, See you all tonight (for me it'll be bright and early morning)

• Like 13

53 minutes ago, kdramaznoob said:

YES-PSJ's acting was marvellous-his face was very pale and restrained all during the first half of the episode and also during the flashback all reflecting the strain of holding back the truth. You could feel his longing and pain at not being able to voice his true feelings and motivations to Mi So and it was soooo heartbreaking. So irritating to see it all in the subtle ticks of behaviour and that flashback how he has tried to hold it all together all of these years and how it can be so misconstrued either willingly like the resume(hiring the worst candidate UGGHHH) or unwillingly (him wanting almost unconsciously for Mi So to know him like he knew her at their first meeting and she saw that as part of the boss son persona he had). I just want them to get on the same wavelength soon!!!:angry:

You know when this all breaks how satisfying and naughty .. I mean romantic.. hahaha... the aftermath will be.... the angst has to grow for the union to satisfy. 

I really teared seeing him make the conscious decision to restrain himself and hold it all together, and the weight of this restraint over the years, how he couldn’t even reveal the truth to the woman he loves:bawling: one can almost understand why he lauds himself for being so perfect.

34 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Er, why does the header say NC 17? 

The webtoon is unbelievably byeontae lol. And someone wishes for some ankle kissing so best have some pre-empting for hapless teens hahaah.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, attriste said:

The webtoon is unbelievably byeontae lol. And someone wishes for some ankle kissing so best have some pre-empting for hapless teens hahaah.

panda-emoticon-33.gifWe must protect those teens from the Pervy Ahjummasevil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

I love the drama more than the novel or webtoon. I know everybody compare it to the novel/webtoon but what is important to me is that both main actors executed their characters well and the strong chemistry they have. I'm very excited to see the kissing scene later. Kudos to PMY acting skills she nailed her first ever romantic comedy. I wish she and PSJ will develop a special bond after this drama and date each other then get married like songsong couple 

• Like 12

Dramabeans recap of Episode 6:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/06/whats-wrong-with-secretary-kim-episode-6/

I really like the Dramabeans author's take on the 6th episode:

I’m so torn, because the romantic in me wants Young-joon and Mi-so to fall in love, get married, and have a whole house full of adorable babies. But the realistic side of me thinks that this is a bad idea all around, at least right now. Mi-so deserves to find out who she is, what she likes, and a career she enjoys, and as it stands, she can’t even think of a single thing to do on her day off. She has no hobbies or interests, her friends all have their own lives, and although it’s terribly sweet that Young-joon spent the day with her, it’s a little sad that the only person Mi-so has to do things with is her boss.

And then there’s Young-joon, who isn’t in any way ready for a relationship right now, or probably any time soon. He’s not just dealing with his own vanity and self-importance, but a downright crippling case of PTSD from a childhood trauma he’s never properly dealt with. He obviously avoids women because that frightening woman in that house did something horrific to him, but his reactions go way beyond fear into a pathological and uncontrollable physical and emotional reaction to being touched. As much as he wants to kiss Mi-so, he’s literally unable, and I fear he’s got a lot of work to do on himself before he’s a healthy choice for a relationship partner.

That said, I don’t think they should just give up on a relationship together. Each of them actually holds exactly what the other needs, they just both take it to the extreme. Young-joon gave Mi-so the advice to hold herself as her top priority, which is what he does, but to an acute degree. But it’s good advice for Mi-so, who tends to put everyone else’s needs before her own. But even though she doesn’t take enough care of herself, she can certainly teach Young-joon a thing or two about being more focused on others. Right now I’m just enjoying the tentative friendship that’s growing as they get to know each other outside of their boss/secretary roles, but if they can each learn from the other and meet somewhere in the middle, they might just build something really special.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

LYJ said, "Just wait and see. By the time the workshop is over, you will be my girlfriend." ---- to me, it sounds like, Park Seo Joon said to Park Min Young, "Just wait and see. By the time the drama (WWwSK) is finished, you will be my girlfriend." -------- helplessly delusional. LOL

• Like 5
  • LOL 11
  • Thanks 2

Just now, SeGafanlady said:

anneyooong chagiya dheul.. I’m still in vacation so I won’t be able to do the live streaming recap.. good luck and success for the live recappers today... xoxo from Bangkok :wub:

Enjoy your vacation. 

On streaming, I think because now the drama is so famous, I found it that now it's quicker to get the translated latest episode and it's easier to even find live streaming on youtube. :blush:

• Like 7

6 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I already suspected that Mi So will leave her job to find herself. He will let her do it because he wants to give her everything she wants. I think her staying was written to help our OTP become closer and solve the mystery "What's wrong with Secretary KIm" Her entire life she has catered to everyone around her so now it is about what she wants.  

In the end she will realize without him she is incomplete and still find out what is her dream job. 

Thanks for bringing this up! That's exactly why YJ as a male lead is so much more than the "narcissistic" image he shows. Because it's MS, he will truly give her his all *swoon*

I was inspired by this drama when there were only the first 2 eps. to go ahead and watch "Two Weeks Notice" (since many were making connections to its similarities) to satiate my hunger during the waiting game and it is indeed similar. Within that time period before the female lead in the movie was to leave and tying up lose ends in her professional life, she also realized how much her time spent with her boss meant to her, just as MS did when reminiscing the photo flashback, or when YJ was upset about her announcement and told her that it was fine she left and she was suddenly taken aback and hurt. Her being told to stay for a month before her actual resignation is pretty realistic IMO, even though it's also being used as a plot device to further develop their relationship. I wouldn't trade it for anything else to bring them closer because I really love all of the cast.

I was curious as to what MS would be doing after she quits when she finally does.

In the webtoon:

Spoiler

She's never really seen quitting considering that the time frame of this entire work is about 2+ months only (I think, according to others), and she can still be seen working. The only time she finally really quits is to become YJ's wife, which hasn't been shown yet.

I mean, her most important plan after quitting was to find her childhood oppa, but that's been done as well. So now what? But then I suddenly thought about her reasons to quit in the first place, which was to find love, get married, do what a normal woman her age does, etc. And for her, this was enough. I didn't realize the naiveness in my thoughts that this is still a valid dream, and just because she didn't declare anything more revolutionary (I guess???) doesn't mean her simple dream isn't any different. It's just like in Fight My Way when Ae Ra's best friend (Seol Hee)'s dream was to become a mother. A simple but very important dream for that character, just as MS's dream of finding love and having someone take care of her. I read someone's comment recently that MS's character is pretty flat. I don't agree with this 100% because she has a personality, but in some ways, this is true. But I think what the commenter forgot to consider (I will agree to disagree) is that MS's character was created to have something missing like hobbies for example because of her circumstances and being so involved with her working for other people and not on herself. This is why her dream/goals after quitting is so important.

MS and YJ meeting as children and in the future was fate but also from the fruits of their labor building up into each other's halves through all those years working together. It may not have been the normal, everyday romance MS was probably idealizing/looking for, but there's no way she can just ignore what they have for each other. I'm just glad they're adults who didn't make their professional lives a hindrance to their budding romance ("Oh what would others think?").

This would be asking for much again (writer-nims if you're here lurking hi hello pls consider :P ), but I hope we're able to see them achieve a sense of normalcy having each other, though obviously the transition from boss/secretary to lovers would be jarring at first. There probably will be some instances when YJ gets home from work and that's all they end up talking about the rest of the night by accident for example. YJ being the naive dork he is and attempting to cook ramyun. Or better yet, YJ attempting to handle children in his most flustered way :wub: 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, haelan said:

I mean, her most important plan after quitting was to find her childhood oppa, but that's been done as well. So now what? But then I suddenly thought about her reasons to quit in the first place, which was to find love, get married, do what a normal woman her age does, etc. And for her, this was enough. I didn't realize my thoughts that this is still a valid dream, and just because she didn't declare anything more revolutionary (I guess???) doesn't mean her simple dream isn't any different. It's just like in Fight My Way when Ae Ra's best friend (Seol Hee)'s dream was to become a mother. A simple but very important dream for that character, just as MS's dream of finding love and having someone take care of her. MS and YJ meeting as children and later was fate but also from the fruits of their labor building up into each other's halves through all those years working together. It may not have been the normal, everyday romance MS was probably idealizing/looking for, but there's no way she can just ignore what they have for each other. I'm just glad they're adults who didn't make their professional lives as a hinderance to their budding romance ("Oh what would others think?").

100% agree with how wanting to fall in love and get married is a totally valid dream. Dreams and ambitions come in all sorts of forms and shapes, and who's to say that a woman's wrong for putting marriage at the top of her priority list if she wants to? Everyone's definition of success is different: some ladies want to be corporate powerhouses, while others want to be successful wives and mothers. They're both equally valid ambitions, and I don't think we should discount anyone's dream to be a stay-home mum/anything else similar simply because those aren't "ambitious enough". Being a good mother is about as hard as running a Fortune 100 company I'd reckon. Raising humans to be the best ones they can is a seriously monumental task. 

• Like 12

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

Maybe he will shake and she will grab him and kiss...:lol: the wait is killing me...:wub:

haha i so want a kiss soon! i think we will get one, maybe haha!

I am excited!

• Like 9
  • LOL 1