[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

episode 6 was awesome... our couple gets to uncover more and more secrets and yes it is about time to be honest to each other instead of hiding and holding it inside..

Lee Young Joon is definetely knew Mi Soo for a long time and I believe he planned everything in order to keep Kim Mi Soo by his side to the extent that he discreet her from his brother.. 

that older Lee is cringey.. sorry.. for Lee Tae Hwan fans.. I like him in other dramas though...

here is a great MV made by an avid fan.. credits to the youtuber..

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, mushforbrains said:

Did we all jinx it when we mentioned about psj's topless scenes being a running gag.....we haven't been treated to one since........:bawling:

bring them back pretty please!!!

ep 5 bromance moments were hilarious and PSJ is simply adorable when he was focused to getting the crane doll...love the 2 kids dissing him initially too....too cute!

looking forward to more OTP moments ...like the pacing so far with most conflicts resolved within the episode....am not sure what will happen in the later eps... Keeping my fingers crossed that they will keep the pace going and not get mired in plot fillers...

Most k dramas seem to bring in angst around ep 12 -14.....and drag it over a couple of eps..

actually like the the side story between JA and GN.....

I feel like it could go two ways.. drag it out a little with side new plots like:

-JiAh and GwiNam,

-SeRa and er YJ’s assistant,

-plus the seeming company retreat that they are taking next week, (is it in the webtoon??? I really have mush for brains right now post YJ’s eyes emoting “because you’re miso” ),

- then keep the storyline tight as per webtoon, with the obvious uh unveiling of who Oppa is, around ep 9-10,

- with the related squee moments till ep12

- and then add further episodes with I don’t know, some crisis MiSo and YJ have to solve together with the company,

- plus the Hyung’s coming around and family reconciliation, on top of what has already been written in webtoon. 

Or or .. they could drag the angst about Oppa till 12-13, then 14-15 squeebits and then 16 everybody is happy ALA swdbs. 

I like the former, lol. I know I sound a little angsty but my last two dramas SP and BTIMFL sorta lost their watertight plot towards the middle/ end and I was just in angst mode for like 3 weeks. And a last episode of “everybody is happy” annoys me. Hahaha. So trusting that the original novelist’s involvement in the drama will keep the storytelling flow. 

Edited by attriste
Added stuff, edited grammar
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Wow the last scene, PSJ is such a great actor, his eyes and gaze were so good, looks teary and sad. Yj wish that Ms know that oppa who protect her since she was kid and hired her despite her poor grade was him, but he couldnt say anything to protect everyone including his (super annoying) brother. .argh

I know that PSJ is a good actor especially for romantic comedy genre but in sad/melo scenes he really nailed it! I really want him act in melo drama. This drama made me like him even more!

• Like 17

Ooooooooooough they’d better give us the back hug we deserve this time!!! 

I looked through the webtoon again and while there is no trace of the MT they’re going on next week, the drama has moved the timeline around again so even those who have read the webtoon are seriously being kept in suspense here. 

• Like 14

What's Wrong With Secretary Kim, what a feat really.

After being a silent reader for the past four years, this' the drama that finally broke through my resistance of creating a soompi account and drove me to do things I wouldn't normally do for a drama including reading all the available manga chapters, in chinese no less (my mandarin teacher is going to be so proud, lol) and even resorting to scroll through its original web toon in Korean though I do not understand a single word, haha. 

I love how the writer has been staying so true to the original web toon story wise and the whole production team paying a lot of attention to the tiny details, for example the colour of Miso's blouse during the most spectacular failed first kiss ever (I love that scene <3).

But writer-nim, you denied me a skinship I was excitedly looking forward to! Hopefully we'll all get to see it next week.

I am just thoroughly annoyed at the older brother now, especially when he painted our VP in such a bad light in front of our pretty secretary (PMY is so pretty, I just can't. And her ponytail, OMG).

• Like 12
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, Pikachu92 said:

Yeah.. she's actually discovering it but without so much evidence.. i am looking forward to this scene too.. when she's recollect everything and told Young Joon brother (Sung Yoon) about the real story.  

Well i'm not hate Sung Yoon character since it's normally if in some family get jealous to others. Guilty make him get mental sickness when he was a child and jealously make his condition even worse, but Young Joon still considerating his brother and family condition to pretend forget everything.

I think we don't really have to worried about how the love story because most of us is already read the webtoon. Mi So character is just to make it clear between Young Joon and Sung Hyun past accident. So far the plot is really look like in the webtoon, and i believe the writer is not make a different plot.

i like WWWKB director since TIMFL,he's really make it better than the webtoon, he's add some humor. 

B.T.W is nice to meet you again @kaoriharang, we've meet after some drama and i'd like to thank you becauce you always recaping and subbing it for us. :D

hello chingu! it is nice to see you here too!

giphy.gif

haha nah i didnt do much though - just updating the clips only. this time round i cant do much recap :)

well i believe the writer of this drama is none other than the author as well, as in i believe she is one of the writers which is why so far the storyline follows the novel rather closely.

Spoiler

She will discover some clues, like the memories and a shirt which she remember the oppa wearing which she later discovers in YJ's closet so I am looking forward!

• Like 12

So I was thinking about it and yeah, Young-joon is totally right. It’s all about the timing, and when it comes to Mi-so, he’s failing terribly at that front. No matter his inexperience at love or generally at life, the worst timing ever that Young-joon’s missed has to be for telling Mi-so the truth. When you have someone who’s already blogged about his ‘kidnapping experience’ to the whole world and you’ve just kept everything inside because you’re an insanely kind person who could never bear to see anyone suffer, that’s missed timing. 

Do you hear me Young-joon??? DON’T MISS THAT FIRST KISS TIMING ANYMORE ALRIGHT I KNOW YOU WON’T. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 5

3 minutes ago, dojoed said:

So I was thinking about it and yeah, Young-joon is totally right. It’s all about the timing, and when it comes to Mi-so, he’s failing terribly at that front. No matter his inexperience at love or generally at life, the worst timing ever that Young-joon’s missed has to be for telling Mi-so the truth. When you have someone who’s already blogged about his ‘kidnapping experience’ to the whole world and you’ve just kept everything inside because you’re an insanely kind person who could never bear to see anyone suffer, that’s missed timing. 

Do you hear me Young-joon??? DON’T MISS THAT FIRST KISS TIMING ANYMORE ALRIGHT I KNOW YOU WON’T. 

I just went to backread your livecapping lol, too funny! Thank you and all the rest for recapping! I use a Chinese app that provides live voiceover translation during streaming (with a very swoony-over-psj and spoiler laden translator, lol) so I don’t have to read livecaps but it sure is funny to read and laugh with y’all! 

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, dojoed said:

Ooooooooooough they’d better give us the back hug we deserve this time!!! 

I looked through the webtoon again and while there is no trace of the MT they’re going on next week, the drama has moved the timeline around again so even those who have read the webtoon are seriously being kept in suspense here. 

They moved the timeline around? I imagine they'll keep the major moments in order.

Is there any kiss before the truth about the past is revealed?

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, attriste said:

I just went to backread your livecapping lol, too funny! Thank you and all the rest for recapping! I use a Chinese app that provides live voiceover translation during streaming (with a very swoony-over-psj and spoiler laden translator, lol) so I don’t have to read livecaps but it sure is funny to read and laugh with y’all! 

Haha it truly is v fun to be doing this alongside other people who love WWWSK as much as you do! My Korean is seriously rusty though so I’m surprised that I could understand as much as I did hahaha. 

I’m seriously happy with all the side plots though—they don’t take up too much time while also doing some great world building. I laughed too hard at the whole Ji-ah/Gwi-nam debacle today!

@qynn yeah if I don’t remember wrongly, she thought Sung-yeon was Real Deal Oppa first before meeting CEO Park and asking him for deets. I feel like the drama is trying to polish up the timeline here, so I’m fine with it hehe. First kiss happens after the truth comes to light so we gotta wait for a bit more :(

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, dojoed said:

Haha it truly is v fun to be doing this alongside other people who love WWWSK as much as you do! My Korean is seriously rusty though so I’m surprised that I could understand as much as I did hahaha. 

I’m seriously happy with all the side plots though—they don’t take up too much time while also doing some great world building. I laughed too hard at the whole Ji-ah/Gwi-nam debacle today!

@qynn yeah if I don’t remember wrongly, she thought Sung-yeon was Real Deal Oppa first before meeting CEO Park and asking him for deets. I feel like the drama is trying to polish up the timeline here, so I’m fine with it hehe. First kiss happens after the truth comes to light so we gotta wait for a bit more :(

Thanks. I'm going with the truth coming out in Ep. 9-10 then. Episode 10 of rom-coms are usually good for OTPs. 

• Like 7

Thank you to the recappers and screencappers of each episode, those who provided the tvN links.   You’re  lifesavers.  

Loved the ending, he hired her knowing who she is.   I think it was an important thing for YJ to say, like the first concrete step, and he was teary eyed.  Even if he just says one little thing at a time, it feels monumental because he kept things to himself for so long.   The only thing she knew since 9 years back was his phobia for cable ties, unexplained, and that has been it.    That she saw the scars was an accidental discovery.  

He is opening up more to her,  and am hoping for the episode  when he just pours out the trauma to her entirely, even if he breaks into sobs.  It is not only healing,  but it will bring them together with no more secrets, no more boundaries.  

• Like 8

I think this is the main problem with korean dramas, they usually stick with certain eps like kdrama must be end with at least 16 eps eventhough sometimes the story itself required less than 16 eps.

Honestly as much as I love this drama but I feel like the story moves SO slow this week, really slow progression of our otp story and they added more supporting cast storyline. .and I know from preview alone it would drag even more in upcoming eps, sigh

Also this might be unpopular opinion but I think chansung acting is quite lacking. .I'm sorry for his fans but I cant help but notice he looks awkward, I hope he can improve tho

• Like 6

GFRIEND – WANNA BE (WHAT’S WRONG WITH SECRETARY KIM OST PART 3)

dupdup durup dup
dupdup durup dup
dupdup durup dup
Wanna be your girl friend yeah
dupdup durup dup

Spoiler

What do I do? Whenever I see you
My heart trembles, every day
I still don’t really know how I feel
All day, I can’t focus on anything
I’m only thinking about you

The moment you stared at me
The moment our eyes met
The sky was blue
And we were under the shooting stars
One Two Step

My heart is pounding
I’m pounding
To me, me, me
Tell me your love
My fluttering heart
I want to gather it all and give it to you
Please accept my heart

dupdup durup dup
Wanna be your girl friend yeah
dupdup durup dup

Whenever I see you
Like a fool, my heart trembles
I still don’t really know how I feel
All day, I can’t focus on anything
I’m only thinking about you

The moment your hand brushed mine
The moment our eyes met
My eyes grew clear
And the look I’m giving you is
One Two Step

My heart is pounding
I’m pounding
To me, me, me
Tell me your love
All of my feelings
That I saved for you, I’ll give it all to you
Now I’m yours

dupdup durup dup
Wanna be your girlfriend yeah
dupdup durup dup

Will you come into my dreams?
I wanna go into your heart
If only I have you, if only I have you

My heart is pounding
I’m pounding
To me, me, me
Tell me your love

My fluttering heart
I want to gather it all and give it to you

My heart is pounding
I’m pounding
To me, me, me
Tell me your love

All of my feelings
That I saved for you, I’ll give it all to you
Now I’m yours

dupdup durup dup
Wanna be your girlfriend yeah
dupdup durup dup

POPGASA

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

In webtoon the last scene in the library, after MS found out her application form, should be ended with JY backhug her (begining of chapter 40). That library scene should be taking place after their street dating.

But, after watch the drama I am starting to confuse. Because there were scenes that not follow the order or some was different from the webtoon. For example, forehead kiss before ramen scene was omitted and they added bus dating. In webtoon their street dating (not bus dating) took after MS and SY meeting and ended with library scenes. 

I am afraid of that skin-ships scene between the two leads will probably be omitted from the drama. 

Just as some of you had wrote here the time line is not the same as in the webtoon just to drag the story a little, or maybe the script writer just adapt the story from the novel (the first published in 2013). Sigh, I think I am just waiting my novel was sent then compare it with the webtoon. 

• Like 9