[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

The whole side plot about Gwi-nam’s dirty suit and Ji-ah being all Sherlock Holmes about it makes me laugh SO much hahaha. I love that it’s actually a thing. 

Ok after rewatching Ep 5 I think I've figured out who Mi-so is talking to when she says that she didn't know the oppa was actually so close to her:

Spoiler

It's probably Sung-yeon. Preview shows her having a meal with her, and from what I can remember the webtoon has her meet up with him, talking about the supposedly autobiographical details of the kidnapping in his new book. She "recognises" him as Real Deal Oppa then. Given how quick the drama is moving, plus the way they move certain plot points around the timeline, it's possible!

Edited by dojoed
  • Like 9

I got teary eyed when they were both in the restaurant and he was so mad he didn’t confess to Kim. Her facial reaction broke my heart. It was subtle but well done by PMY.

the trolling game is strong in this webtoon/drama. I’m about to chuck my phone across the room! Hahahah

• Like 15

Park Seo Joon And Park Min Young Have An Awkwardly Sweet Bus Date On “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim”

Park-Seo-Joon-Park-Min-Young11.jpg

What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” has released stills of Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young on a bus together.

In the romantic comedy on tvN, Park Seo Joon plays narcissistic businessman Lee Young Joon, while Park Min Young is his secretary Kim Mi So.

The new images show Kim Mi So on a bus with a chic expression, and Lee Young Joon hurriedly follows behind her, nervously getting on a bus for the first time in his life. The first photo hints at a change in their dynamics, as Kim Mi So is in front of Lee Young Joon this time rather than standing behind as she always had previously.

Park-Min-Young-Park-Seo-Joon8.jpg

In the second image, Lee Young Joon appears frightened as he holds on for dear life and keeps his eyes on Kim Mi So.

Park-Seo-Joon13.jpg

Kim Mi So seems to be holding in her laughter at his unexpected cuteness in the situation.

Spoiler

Park-Min-Young6.jpg

Spoiler

The previous episode ended with somewhat of a kiss before Lee Young Joon pushed away Kim Mi So’s chair and she rolled away with a dumbfounded facial expression.

The production team of the drama commented, “Please anticipate if Lee Young Joon will be able to recapture the heart of Kim Mi So, who has been single her entire life, after presenting her with an unforgettable first kiss. As the drama progresses, their heart-fluttering push-and-pull will be a point to look out for.”

Credit: https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/20/park-seo-joon-park-min-young-awkwardly-sweet-bus-date-whats-wrong-secretary-kim/

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Finally watched ep 5.

I won't say much because I think most of you have said it all.

Just want to saw that YJ is really becoming more and more perfect.

I think he has become more understanding and that is really a direct result of MS. Her sudden want to resign threw him into a tailspin and he had to start exploring things about himself and emotions that he probably has never felt in a long time.

The scene that hit me the most in episode 5 was really when he actually took the initiative to apologise first - it was because he didnt want to lose MS that he did so. Following that scene where he stops and slows down his pace for her. That scene says it all about YJ and how he feels towards MS.

He is slowly realising that he always use to just go full speed ahead and somewhat taking for granted MS's presence in his life. But now he is more in tune to her, he is taking that conscious effort to stop and walk slower for her.

Though of course he is still his narcissistic self - well i love that part about him, but he is totally willing to take himself off that throne for her. That is LOVE really LOVE.

giphy.gif

As for SY, well the fact that he has somewhat nightmares shows that the incident is traumatic for him. Though I can't forgive him for painting himself as the victim but I also understand why he becomes the way he does.

The scene that was sad was when the father told SY not to bother YJ because of YJ's importance towards the company. It may not be favouritism outright, but that sentence does show that YJ is really highly valued by his father especially. I understand SY's inferiority complex when it comes to his brother but there are decisions that SY makes just to spite YJ.

Especially knowing how important and sensitive a topic MS is to YJ. He does purpose use her to irritate him. As much as SY is to be pitied (somewhat) a lot of the times his actions dont reflect the 'guilty' he supposedly says he feels.

Okay done!

WOW i said I wont say much but look at how much I wrote. heheh.

tagging @vangsweetie637 because unnie I know you are busy (:

giphy.gif

• Like 14
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, saranghaeshinee said:

So does she date Big Bro first? Or she just dates YJ??? Loving this drama, the chemsitry between park seo joon and park min young is amazing!

In the webtoon she never dates the big brother. Only YJ from the beginning. Btw there are few new chapters in webtoon.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Guest Yammylicious

hi everyone!:grin:

I really love this dramaaaaaa... a lot!!!!!

Each episodes creates an agyeo once again with this kdrama....:heart:

SQUEEEEE!!!!!! I SO LOVE THIS SHOW!!!!:blush:   I don't think I've been this excited since BTIMFL. (I may be repeating myself from a previous post,....oh well). It's got me laughing out loud, tearing a little(I'm sure there will be more tears later), and swooning.  My kind of Rom-com. :) 

PSJ is knocking it out of the park playing LYJ. He has me swooning so much (with his narcissistic self). The way he looks at her........He had me hook,  line, and sinker when he said "I want to sway you, Secretary Kim" (sway on ....sway on....)  :heart:   I'm also loving the relationship between LYJ and PYS.  I've love Park Min Young since Healer and SungKyunKwon Scandal - she's just cute and pretty all rolled into one.  Such a perfect pairing! 

Needed to get all that out.  Now, I'll go back and read the posts :) This is going to be a fun ride!

• Like 14

One another thing I realise

Whenever MS begins to feel something for YJ. MS's sister rather shuts down her feeling no?

I mean I know MS's sister wants to best and is being realistic but just when MS feels something, it gets locked away.

• Like 13

It amazes me every time how k-dramas can turn an act of applying disinfectant into a supercharged moment. That and how we never get tired of watching them. 

Tender moments are just so saccharine sweet. 

Both have had a long history together and are beginning to realize that their hearts thump louder around each other. Unfortunately, it takes a resignation for this to emerge. But YJ instincts were triggered by the fear of losing what he cherishes - I like how the story unfolded this quickly to make YJ realize what he is feeling is love, not simply a need. No obtuse characters there.

There is a possessiveness about him that is fairly apparent when she was still his secretary. This trait becomes clearer when his brother (n blind dates) poses a threat. Driven by fear from perhaps past wounds, he becomes rather controlling. I found that a bit hard to accept but he did have a nightmarish past and a burden he had to carry at a young age.

Those who have read the webtoon will know that his backstory will explain his behaviour.

I like that both are strong and face what they need to. I like that YJ always looks for MS first when he needs TLC and how he discovers the steps he needs to take to court a girl like how a bumbling teenager would. I like that YJ feels enough love to apologize to her despite having never done that. I like how MS reciprocates. Progress! 

And, again, those stares he gives her are so incredibly intense and honest. For a first-timer, he is so adorably confident and straightforward and not coy about stating what he wants. Cool dude is what he is with an equally cool dudette to handle him.

Cant wait for ep6!

• Like 16

I am so enjoying this drama, it is exactly what I need right now: a fluff cheesy romantic comedy that makes me forget all my problems for 2 hours a week. The acting talent certainly elevates the material; I've been a fan of PSJ and PMY for years now (PMY certainly knows how to pick strong projects!) and both of them are at the top of their games here. PSJ has such an expressive face and eyes that every emotion he conveys just hits me right in the feels (I remember PSJ's acting in tvN's Witch's Romance, he was incredible in that, especially at expressing suffering). I'm glad that both leads also have a chance to stretch their comedy muscles here, they're hilarious!

As mentioned by others in this thread I was a bit uncertain about the power imbalance involved in the relationship portrayed in this drama, but so far it hasn't crossed into the uncomfortable territory for me. The fact that Kim Mi So is basically on her way out from the company puts her on a more equal footing with her soon-to-be former boss and I'm glad she is not afraid to stand up to him and say what she has on her mind. Even her appeasing comments when Young Joon says something rude/narcissistic come across as more of a 'OMG, I have no strength or time to argue with this guy' deflection than a diplomatic strategy to avoid being fired for speaking openly. 

And OMG, I love the contrast between their professionalism and efficiency at their work duties vs. total dorkiness and awkwardness when it comes to romance! It's too cute!

The chair kiss scene has got be one of the funniest fail kiss scenes to ever appear in dramaland, I can't stop laughing about it. 

Can't wait for next episodes!

Edited by RinVyal
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2

A few comments after reading back everything.

YJ’s family gave him that position basically,  and narcissism is partly because he is rich and brainy, and partly a coping mechanism for his childhood trauma, I think.   But regardless why,  he has improved by leaps and bounds vs ep 1 and I think he will continue to do so.      MS leaving was the impetus for change.    The so-called power imbalance has begun to balance out.    Boss-Secretary relationship in he office  will soon be in the past anyway.   

Further, when they get closer,    the shared trauma will need to be discussed in the open by both of them, in time,  not just because MS is looking for oppa who shielded a 5-year old ,  but more importantly YJ saw the whole sordid thing.   YJ in particular doesn’t know to approach women and comes across as inaccessible,  because of the woman in red shoes.    While MS is the only person he trusts and is in love with and feel like kissing,  my guess is,  the rolling office chair is possibly a kneejerk reaction from that trauma, and maybe also 9 years in a “strictly work” environment, and thus this is all so new to him.  Lol he is strong enough to push her that far! 

As for the “cliche” girl falling and is caught by guy,  they aren’t Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young,  who make it look extra swoony, heeee.    In the preview, he goes off balance on the bus.  So, I call it even.  

Edit:  i think YJ and MS fit like hand and glove.  They complement each other,  personally and professionally, 

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, dojoed said:

Aw the first two chapters of the new four chapters for the webtoon are SO CUTE. Yoo-shik finally gets his time in the spotlight 

Hide contents

AND back with his (ex) wife! 

Linklinklink please? 

Spoiler

I only saw the very er, censored Korean one.. did you have a Chinese link? Pufei doesn’t seem to have it.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, charlieblue17 said:

Does anyone know the name of the 'childish' book that MS is reading in the library?

http://item2.gmarket.co.kr/English/detailview/item.aspx?goodscode=1262546165

s-l300.jpg

Note:  I would really love to have this book so if anyone know where to get an English translation please kindly post

12 hours ago, lclarakl said:

Either way.....:lol:, I hope they stop with that plot line which is then followed by frozen facial expression of shock.  Just go ahead and give us a kiss.

Annyeong chingu @lclarakl! Glad you're here as well.

I've been clamoring about that!  Telling them to just go ahead and kiss or else make babies already!

• Like 7

7 hours ago, MeritaG said:

Because of this drama, I have to look up to the word "stir up". I meant I know the basic meaning, but I just want to check the detail.

stir up - arouse or excite feelings and passions; 

arouse, elicit, evoke, provoke, enkindle, kindle, fire, raise - call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arousepity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
And then I fell from my chair because I saw the picture to describe those words. :D

YUP.. maja chingu ya..  that is what STIR UP means.. every element of this feeling contained with a passionate lust that is so basic in a man’s body.. it’s to mate. CEO Lee is right when he said he’s perfect as a man.. and what a waste to give himself to any woman even the best ones won’t match his level... well well well.. maybe his brain... but not his BODY.. the body has its own brain lol.. it keeps on telling the body to come nearer and nearer to the object of affection, Kim Mi Soo.. the more he fights it the more painful and uncomfortable it is.. the suffering is unbearable even more to a man who’s born with golden spoon in his mouth.. the one who never said sorry before.. and maybe very random thank yous... 

first the attraction.. then the admiration.. comes curiosity.. comes the every little thing that is so exciting.. it’s like a candy for a 5 years boy.. it never can be enough... wanting more and more of her.. everything that hers is important.. she is the sunshine.. the starlight.. the scent..

the longing time will be even more difficult now for them both.. and moreover with the older brother intruding the intense moment between the OTP.. hhmm I’m not really a fond of triangle love kinda romance, I like a pure man and woman love... I hope it won’t drag too long..

still waiting for the real first kiss.. crossing my fingers for Park2 couple to deliver it beautifully and magically..... kyakkkk... have a great live streaming and thank you in advance for live recappers chingu... SHUGGOISSO :blush:

sealed it with one real kiss and that’s it..

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 1