[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

@Ondine LMAO about SeoJoon NG-ing all over the place, that’s a great perspective lol. So far the BTS has been definitely funny and professional for me, it really shows the quality and experience of both MY and SJ, also it feels like MY is the cool cat and SJ is really quite serious lol. So it’s nice seeing him break out in NGs :tongue: 

Not saying it’s bad, but in AOY2 for eg, there were soooo many cute youthful uncontrollable giggles and squealing and just youthful charms going around the BTS, lots of NGs with some actresses in their first role, very different. 

@dramaninja I really enjoyed watching this first taste of hurt that both of them went through.. their performances were on point and it made me ready for the inevitable angst, cos good acting with angst is infinitely more heartbreaking and bearable than passable emoting that doesn’t quite reach the eyes (and viewers’ hearts). 

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

I dont think the bro is an actual obstacle is going to be their trauma.

Those 2 really like each other and they had their first real fight that was upsetting to them both.

I just realized that even though they are not teenagers they are actually going through all the firsts ...and  never kissed , so no wonder poor guy panicked ..his body is probably taking over and he is not used to such "stirrings"  :D

• Like 10

I'm so scare seriously I really hate the misunderstanding about MS's  brother. poor YJ he really going to suffer in the next episode :bawling::bawling: I should bring my tissues cause even I think about this my heart is breaking for him :bawling:

thank you all for your great recap and screens I really enjoy it :wub::wub:

I know it is so obvious but I really fall for YJ :wub:he is so cute and sweet:wub:

• Like 9

Oh my gosh. I am not going to be able to get through this episode without pausing. I am at the the 17th minute. When they enter the lift. This show is going to kill me with the innuendos or his ( what exactly is he doing?) behaviour. I have a busy day planned ahead and was just going to watch ep 5 quickly and do stuff.

Yet here I am feeling all fluttering and waving a hanky like a Southern belle. Which I am not since I am not even an American.

Crikey mikey, this... this.... this... webtoon is going to do my head in. The 2 of them together are just combusting with hidden feelings, unspoken words, mistaken feelings of what the other is doing, plunging forward into maybe misunderstood intentions, hope and then fear.

You 2 are killing me here!!! Thank god not all romance are like that. Otherwise the bystanders are going to die from palpitations and hope and anxiety just watching you both navigating not knowing you're navigating a love affair.

I am going to enjoy seeing what the Korean audience comments are.

• Like 12
  • LOL 8

14 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

I just realized that even though they are not teenagers they are actually going through all the firsts ...and  never kissed , so no wonder poor guy panicked ..his body is probably taking over and he is not used to such "stirrings"  :D

So very true @jadore1. I don't think Young Joo never expected to be attracted to anyone. Young Joon is having his first of everything with Kim Mi So. First kiss, 1 heart fluttering, apologizing, feeling guilty when wronging someone. I especially love the scene where his heart was hurting and he thought he needed to go to the hospital to find out if his heart was fine. LOL LOL happy-leaf-emoticon.gif tv-baby-emoticon-59.gif   teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

He was just adorable in that scene. tv-baby-emoticon-47.gif   tv-baby-emoticon-47.gif

@ck1Oz... That is what we calll  blush-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gifgreat acting   happiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif  great story line.  Imagine whatching this episode when you are supposed to leave your house in an hour and half. I was cracking up and i felt the need to stop but  di this to myself   - - - >  calm-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif  calm-down-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif . Lol Lol 

• Like 3
  • LOL 15

17 minutes ago, jadore1 said:

Lol it’s gonna be so fun when the sleeping dragon *cough* stirs... he’s gonna be like, why is everything in my perfect body malfunctioning??

8 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Oh my gosh. I am not going to be able to get through this episode without pausing. I am at the the 17th minute. When they enter the lift. This show is going to kill me with the innuendos or his ( what exactly is he doing?) behaviour. I have a busy day planned ahead and was just going to watch ep 5 quickly and do stuff.

Yet here I am feeling all fluttering and waving a hanky like a Southern belle. Which I am not since I am not even an American.

Crikey mikey, this... this.... this... webtoon is going to do my head in. The 2 of them together are just combusting with hidden feelings, unspoken words, mistaken feelings of what the other is doing, plunging forward into maybe misunderstood intentions, hope and then fear.

You 2 are killing me here!!! Thank god not all romance are like that. Otherwise the bystanders are going to die from palpitations and hope and anxiety just watching you both navigating not knowing you're navigating a love affair.

I am going to enjoy seeing what the Korean audience comments are.

You don’t say, I think I kept repeating ep4 scenes over and over when the subs came out.. not gonna be able to watch ep5 with subs till the afternoon but that makes the waiting game less empty at least.

• Like 7
  • LOL 7

I aspire to love myself the way CEO loves him self. The man is so damn narcissistic . It has to be love because if not Mi So is a saint for being able to stand him. Even his nice things are hilariously all about himself. I died when he just watched and waited anticipated and then made her drink/eat the breakfast he packed, and his little pat on the back of "yeah. I did it. I'm a good potential boyfriend" LOL.

Letting her get in the elevator first and other things. He's so damn full of himself...I just. I died when he had to go and ask mere mortals (cause you know, he's a god) how "ordinary" people have "ordinary" dates. It's especially hilarious when Mi So makes him lose that confidence for half a second and he questions and doubts and looks so damn funny doing so. Then he become insulting and self congratulating (my awesome memory) if he was a real person...I would kill him. 

CEO and his BFF give me life. I adore the BFF so much. I love how he went with the "cousin" bit knowing full well CEO is taking about himself. And he gave the best advice with apologize or lose her. Their interactions are perfect because BFF really is in many ways smarter and more knowing than CEO and it's funny how he plays along and tries to hide that least he get fired.

Ya'll our robot of a boy is really trying to become a real heart beating boy. I mean he's still very self indulgent but he's trying. He's never had to apologize (I was both cracking rolling my eyes when gave the Spanish lesson of explanation to his BFF) but he attempted all his own many times to send an apology text, and finally really did apologize (I didn't like that Mi So apologized and felt like she did nothing wrong to apologize for. He was the one who irrationally went off on her for doing her job simply because he doesn't like his brother. And she didn't even know that was his brother and even if she had. She was in the right to do what was best/right for the gallery) . Growth y'all (though very flawed) growth!

ETA: PSJ gives the best facial reactions. Almost every encounter with "ordinary" people has me in stitches. I died when he told his BFF's secretary if she doesn't know where her boss is, how would he who is looking for him :lol::lol: Poor man must think all Korean are obsessed with meat. Shoulda heard your driver out...

ETA2: I'm not longer that concerned about power imbalance. Our Mi So is not a pushover. She will not tolerate any b.s from CEO. I continue to love her.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

I aspire to love myself the way CEO loves him self. The man is so damn narcissistic . It has to be love because if not Mi So is a saint for being able to stand him. Even his nice things are hilariously all about himself. I died when he just watched and waited anticipated and then made her drink/eat the breakfast he packed, and his little pat on the back of "yeah. I did it. I'm a good potential boyfriend" LOL.

Letting her get in the elevator first and other things. He's so damn full of himself...I just. I died when he had to go and ask mere mortals (cause you know, he's a god) how "ordinary" people have "ordinary" dates. It's especially hilarious when Mi So makes him lose that confidence for half a second and he questions and doubts and looks so damn funny doing so. Then he become insulting and self congratulating (my awesome memory) if he was a real person...I would kill him. 

CEO and his BFF give me life. I adore the BFF so much. I love how he went with the "cousin" bit knowing full well CEO is taking about himself. And he gave the best advice with apologize or lose her. Their interactions are perfect because BFF really is in many ways smarter and more knowing than CEO and it's funny how he plays along and tries to hide that least he get fired.

Ya'll our robot of a boy is really trying to become a real heart beating boy. I mean he's still very self indulgent but he's trying. He's never had to apologize (I was both cracking rolling my eyes when gave the Spanish lesson of explanation to his BFF) but he attempted all his own many times to send an apology text, and finally really did apologize (I didn't like that Mi So apologized and felt like she did nothing wrong to apologize for. He was the one who irrationally went off on her for doing her job simply because he doesn't like his brother. And she didn't even know that was his brother and even if she had. She was in the right to do what was best/right for the gallery) . Growth y'all (though very flawed) growth!

I think you got the wrong read of alot of stuff here.

Asking people for advice and trying to improve yourself while thinking about another  is not something a narcissist  would do.

Edit: Read your post wrong like a fool my bad.

• Like 5

I just watched a little of the angsty bit cos i couldn't help myself...

I just marvelled that MiSo was being very forthright.. "Please do not cross the line again, to tell you the truth I did get the wrong idea, when you said you wanted to date and marry me and you started becoming really nice to me, so I thought you might actually mean it, please don't confuse me ever again"

WHA WHA WHA WHAT. Loving the ownership of her feelings and not being afraid to say she was swayed, liking the growth here to speak up for her self as well.

edit: Also explains the infinite "could have been creepy" staring at the end.. YJ totally listened to what she said about being stirred up and heh heh heh didn't let that pass him. "I want to stir you up" OH GAWWWWWWWD.

And it was the apology/ reconciliation that allowed it to happen, before the blasted shock of a push HA.

more edit:

@dramaninja I think you misunderstood @MrsSoJiSub, she's just explaining the growth trajectory that YoungJoon has taken, from being a pure narcissist to slowly revealing layers of growth as he grows closer to MiSo. I like his growth, however flawed, because it was done overnight literally, instead of other dramas with TERRIBLE self-reflecting male leads (cough BoF) In simple speak you could say "the guy changed for the girl", but we know its not the be all and end all of this story, with all the history behind it.

Edited by attriste
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, attriste said:

I just marvelled that MiSo was being very forthright.. "Please do not cross the line again, to tell you the truth I did get the wrong idea, when you said you wanted to date and marry me and you started becoming really nice to me, so I thought you might actually mean it, please don't confuse me ever again"

WHA WHA WHA WHAT. Loving the ownership of her feelings and not being afraid to say she was swayed, liking the growth here to speak up for her self as well.

edit: Also explains the infinite "could have been creepy" staring at the end.. YJ totally listened to what she said about being stirred up and heh heh heh didn't let that pass him. "I want to stir you up" OH GAWWWWWWWD.

And it was the apology/ reconciliation that allowed it to happen, before the blasted shock of a push HA.

more edit:

@dramaninja I think you misunderstood @MrsSoJiSub, she's just explaining the growth trajectory that YoungJoon has taken, from being a pure narcissist to slowly revealing layers of growth as he grows closer to MiSo. I like his growth, however flawed, because it was done overnight literally, instead of other dramas with TERRIBLE self-reflecting male leads (cough BoF) In simple speak you could say "the guy changed for the girl", but we know its not the be all and end all of this story, with all the history behind it.

Ohh then I agree lol my bad sometimes I get it wrong too  :wub:

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, attriste said:

@Ondine LMAO about SeoJoon NG-ing all over the place, that’s a great perspective lol. So far the BTS has been definitely funny and professional for me, it really shows the quality and experience of both MY and SJ, also it feels like MY is the cool cat and SJ is really quite serious lol. So it’s nice seeing him break out in NGs :tongue: 

Not saying it’s bad, but in AOY2 for eg, there were soooo many cute youthful uncontrollable giggles and squealing and just youthful charms going around the BTS, lots of NGs with some actresses in their first role, very different. 

@dramaninja I really enjoyed watching this first taste of hurt that both of them went through.. their performances were on point and it made me ready for the inevitable angst, cos good acting with angst is infinitely more heartbreaking and bearable than passable emoting that doesn’t quite reach the eyes (and viewers’ hearts). 

Yeah, it's clear in the BTS that both of them are old hands at this, they're both such pros. PSJ face looks very serious but he's always cracking some joke in the bts videos, he's just very deadpan so it's funny when he loses his composure a little bit heh.

I especially loved their performances throughout their whole fight. When Mi So told Seo Joon to stop confusing her, when she walked away from fixing his tie, and when they decided to pass each other by in the hall---hit me right in the feels! So good.

4 minutes ago, attriste said:

I've only seen a rough translation of that, so thank you for sharing a clearer translation. I love Mi So as a character even more, definitely one of my favorite leads in all of the dramas I've seen.

• Like 9

"What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" Lee Tae-hwan Confronts Park Min-young

photo982595.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim", Kim Mi-so (Park Min-young) was approached by Lee Sung-yeon (Lee Tae-hwan).

He knew Lee Young-joon (Park Seo-joon) was obsessed with Kim Mi-so and intentionally confronted her.

He told her he was the writer Morpheus and asked her if she read his offer and wanted to know her answer.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

M literally fantasizing way too much and my giggles are all over the air ! 

Mom’s seems worried that m in love and keeps on asking why you smile and laugh often out of nowhere ! 

I cant say that m in love with lots of kdrama and kpop men and literally one more is added into bias wrecker list (she must think that m talking an alien language)

Thanks to “Why secretary kim” that i gets scolding often for laughing out of nowhere !

The only thing i want to say to mom is :

ahqHdFA0akZkwRL0mhdCS2E3CV8ANNA7FvwtbEwq

This drama is such a light hearted one that it almost soothes our worries for time being ! 

Hugs and love for all soompi mates for making it even more fun !

• Like 12
  • LOL 5

Annyeong chingu deul

Wow I found a new fave drama currently and that's "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim". Just finished Ep5 at work :tongue::D. No urgent work so can relax. Love the chemistry between PSJ and PMY. Yeoksi PSJ is indeed one of my fave Korean actors, he always delivers in any drama he's in. PMY is great too. Like her since SKKS.

This episode gives me tingle feelings as I watched OTP staring contest moments :wub:. Looking forward to their 1st kiss. Annyeong to my chingus @ck1Oz @ohoheli @nonski @moodypie

• Like 17

Episode 5 Viewing Reactions :lol:

When YJ tells his bestfriend about being invited to eat ramen. Credit to Park Seo Joon for his facial expression during that scene. When he told his bestfriend it happened to his cousin's classmate from college, he was holding himself back from smiling. He was really good in controlling his facial expression in that 2-second scene. I was amazed.

I smile whenever they reference Park Seo Joon's past characters or projects.

The day after and she's still falling on top of him. :wub: Never in my entire life that some hot guy caught me when I tripped. Not once. :unsure:

OH MY GOD. YJ is actually treating MS as if they're dating. I LOVE HIS BESTFRIEND!!! :lol:

I'M ALSO ROOTING FOR MR. YANG! :lol: I hope the secretary falls for him, and that she transforms into a better person (no longer jealous, gossipy, rude, and bitter) because of love. I laughed so hard when his face appeared in the secretary's mirror.

I've never had paper cut while rifling through papers, ever. Maybe that's because my hands are thick and calloused, not the delicate, heroine-princess-y type of hands.

The dad is so hilarious! Comforting the mother with a limited editio handbag! :lol: Then the mother follows it up with, "I ALREADY BOUGHT THE BAG!!!" :lol:

I love that his bestfriend knows YJ too much that he knows it's not about his cousin's college friend but about YJ and MS, and then the bestfriend gives YJ funny advice indirectly. Also, the actor who plays the bestfriend has some of the funniest characters in k-drama. When he does serious roles (especially psycho or villain types), I don't enjoy it that much.

Mr. Yang didn't even get to share a good restaurant he knows. :lol:

Why is it that when things are going great, it quickly goes downhill. We should have at least enjoyed lovey-dovey moments where YJ treats MS as if they're dating until the 7th episode or something.

OH MY GODDDDDD! "I WANT TO STIR YOU UP." DYING. :wub: I think this is one of the best lines ever.

ALSO, WHAT MADE THAT SOUND?!?!?!? LOVE MS's angry face in the end.

And the preview, when MS discovers who YJ is... awwwwww

• Like 18

Done. 

Episode 5 needs to come with a warning. Watch at home. I might had to squeal in horror, shock and laughter for quite a bit.

Eeeeek. This show. This show. This SHOW!!

It's making me incoherent. I can't even take 1 minute of KMS being angry with him in ep 5. When they break up ( and of course they would at some point ), it would be ugly.

I swear I had NO inkling PSJ could be like this way back then in " I summon you, gold". I noticed him even then. He had a  presence even then... but he has improved a lot in his craft.

The PD is really good, his timing and editing is perfect. Down to the  0.1 sec ( using segmenting term here ) when editing videos. I know the cast is good but the director is doing fantastic with the scene timings. It just alevates the atmosphere.

That's me being logical cos' I was alternatively dying, laughing, cringing or squealing. I can't even remember the last time I fluttered so much for a single episode of any drama.

• Like 18

I love the second OST, It's You, from Jeong Seowoon. Beautiful lyrics and really fit with the scenes or the drama or the feeling conveyed from this drama. So like this OST. 

Geudae gyeote dagaseoji moshan, chaero neul ireohge meomchwo seoseo barabojyo

(Because I can't get to your side, I stop and stare at  you like this)

Geudae mame na deureogaji moshandaedo aljyo, unmeyongcheoreom nan neul geudaejyo

(Even if I know I can't get in to your heart, like a destiny for me, it's you)

It's you du nuneul gamado. It's you naneun neoman boyeo.

(It's you, even if I close my eyes, it's you, I only see you)

It's you bamhaneure jeo byeobiccheoreom nae mameul bichuneun dan han saramgeudae

(it's you, the only one who shines on my heart like that starlight in the night sky is you)

It's You It's You

Geudae ane  ajik naega eopsda haedo, geudae nune geu aneneun naega issjyo

(Even if I'm not in your heart yet, I'm in your eyes)

Geudae pume na deureogaji moshandaedo geuraedo nan geudaeppunijyo

(Even though I can't get into your arms, still for me it's only you)

It's you du nuneul gamado. It's you naneun neoman boyeo.

(It's you, even if I close my eyes, it's you, I only see you)

It's you bamhaneure jeo byeobiccheoreom nae mameul bichuneun dan han saramgeudae

(it's you, the only one who shines on my heart like that starlight in the night sky is you)

It's You

Cheoeumira moreujyo eotteohge neoege da jul su isseulji eonjena geudae gyeoteul jikilge

(It's my first time that's why I don't know how can I give you everything, I'll always be with you)

It's you imi algo issjyo, It's you gateun mamiran geol

(It's you you already know. It's you having the same feeling)

It's you gateun goseul barabomyeo hamkke geotgo issjyo kkeuti eopsneun gireul

(It's you. We're walking together looking at the same spot, looking at an endless paths)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Episode 5 Viewing Reactions :lol:

OH MY GODDDDDD! "I WANT TO STIR YOU UP." DYING. :wub: I think this is one of the best lines ever.

Because of this drama, I have to look up to the word "stir up". I meant I know the basic meaning, but I just want to check the detail.

stir up - arouse or excite feelings and passions; 

arouse, elicit, evoke, provoke, enkindle, kindle, fire, raise - call forth (emotions, feelings, and responses); "arousepity"; "raise a smile"; "evoke sympathy"
And then I fell from my chair because I saw the picture to describe those words. :D
stir_up.png
  • Like 7
  • LOL 7

8 hours ago, saranghaeshinee said:

So does she date Big Bro first? Or she just dates YJ??? Loving this drama, the chemsitry between park seo joon and park min young is amazing!

In the webtoon she dates YJ! We have to hope PDnim follow that route!!B)

• Like 11