[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

This drama really made me got hooked with it which I never experience before. Besides watching live streaming, reading all the comments in soompi forums and weibo about this drama & our OTP, I even registered an account at Naver even though I can't understand most of korean characters. I depend on google translator to "listen" (with so many year experience in watching kdramas) and try to understand what are the Knetizens' comments. Last but not least, I would like to share the remarkable record to show the popularity of this drama in Naver (until 27/7/2018) as a wonderful memory: (FYI,  very few dramas can hit more than 100k subscribers in Naver nowadays) 

ApNnWfgTkPa7gEUnvQY37hYmWsiaeF6DfmG2HA6S

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

I give this show major props for getting the couple together early  and them staying together. :thumbsup:

Also more props for the dad as well who just wanted his daughter to get a grand proposal lol.:thumbsup:

Also his parents for not being typical Kdrama parents as well. they always liked Miss Kim and never though she was beneath their son. :thumbsup:

• Like 6

*runs around the room squeeling like a banshee*  Its official I have actually FINALLY found the first korean drama that didnt drive me nuts with part of the plot line.

Okay my list of gripes;

Firstly the main leads didnt play stupid when it comes to their chemistry, they were honest and dealt with it head on.

Secondly when they had arguements they got through them together and maturally not lets break up for half of the show to drag out the plot line.

Thirdly although the brother tried to step in, he wasnt a threat, she didnt also play stupid and get caught up in the attraction either and nailed him the moment she found her suspicions proven.

Fourthly the trauma was dealt with maturally as well, it wasnt about blame or forgiveness it was about healing.  Even i wanted the brother to suffer more at one point until the words spoken to his brother in the bedroom for him to move forward, he was never upset with him just upset over the trauma itself.

Ohh yes lastly BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, no tacky pecking or light kissing or the unusual, were suppose to be in love but I will barely touch you bit.  REAL and I MEAN REAL passionate kissing and love making that makes you swoon at the screen.

This gives huge credit to the script writers on this show as they did extremely well as well as the producers and directors.  I almost didnt watch this because of the first two episodes, the acting I thought was over the top.  I am not sure he suited being that stuff shirt type.  But when i got to episode 3 onwards it was all go ahead.  I loved the way despite the brother trying to make conflict he faced it head on and wasnt threatened by him over it all.

The only issue not covered which is a minor plot point here, is the brother bragged at a conference about the kidnapping.  Umm hello it wasnt that brother, shouldnt he retract what he said in that interview.  Or did I miss something in one of the episodes....

Anyhow impressed with this one, will be a rarity I will give this kind of credit to another show soon like this.

• Like 11

Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young autograph for the adorable child actors from their drama

qsUsXB2M_o.jpg

On July 26, the drama aired its last episode. The cast and crew attended the drama completion event on the same day. The child actors Moon Woo Jin, Kim Ji Yoo, and Bae Kang Yoo also made attendance. 

64KZU85g_o.jpg

Park Seo Joon also wrote to Ji Yoo, "Lovely Ji Yoo, I hope you grow up beautifully." 

dk7CnKVZ_o.jpg

And also took the time to receive autographs with heartfelt messages. Park Min Young wrote to Ji Yoo, "You are so pretty and cute. You made my heart flutter every time!! Hope you become a great actress!! - from Grown-up Mi So."

Full Article https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/07/park-seo-joon-and-park-min-young-autograph-for-the-adorable-child-actors-from-their-drama

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I was not addicted to this drama, but I loved the chemistry of the lead couple and the other couples in the drama.  The plot was romantic, sweet, low key. The most anxiety was a result of a past shared trauma and the psychological problems of the older brother, but that resolved in the same kindly, mellow way.   Both Park Min Young, and Park Seo-Joon were excellent in their roles.

Ultimately for me the drama held together for me,  because of the the lovable exaggerated emotions of Bong Se-Ra as played by Hwang Bo-Ra - great performance.  And also the adorable love sick friend  Park Yoo Sik, as played by Kang Ki Young, who counsels his conceited but sincere boss on the ways of love and romance.   Also a great performance.

yaLsdRR.png

qSk6MWe.png

• Like 6

i went on a vacation on the last two episodes and only managed to watched it yesterday. Havent been able to read all the comments, but wanna write something.

1.  I guess because of the complaints in the drama regarding the intimate scene, the last 3 episodes kisses werent that great. Everyone is just cautious.

2. Why would Las Vegas sounds nice to get married at? Isnt a city of elopements? ha

3. The ending scene, beautiful, but wish it was more? :) Like the nervous YJ and its kinda sad when he said that even if MS may not like him in the future and he will try to be the best for her. He understood his flaws and hope MS will be able to bear his antics? 

4. What did YJ mean when he teased Chairman Park, when he saw them kissing at the house? Glad to see he went back to his ex-wife though the scene looks a bit cringy, hehe

5. Thanks to the production of the drama that we get to enjoy - should we be seeing them again,  to serve coffee to fans as part of their 'promise' when their drama achieved high rating?

6. Thanks everyone, it was a good discussion on this thread and see everyone in other dramas discussions next time :)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, realistic2280 said:

5. Thanks to the production of the drama that we get to enjoy - should we be seeing them again,  to serve coffee to fans as part of their 'promise' when their drama achieved high rating?

The ratings promise was for 10% national, which they never got, so we're probably not going to have that coffee served. :(

Just finished last ep with subs:

• I love Young Joon's Material Mom so much! Since Mi So doesn't want it, please take me shopping and buy all the things for me instead! :D I love how his mom and dad have been so lovely to Mi So all throughout the show, and how lovely they were to her family as well. Best chaebol parents in Kdramaland! (Well, except for how they handled the kidnapping aftermath, but let's not get into that...)
  • Young Joon nicely balanced out his obnoxious "You must be so happy to get married to me"/"The hottest bachelor is going off the market" pronouncements by being so obviously, absolutely desperate to be married to Mi So. :lol:
  • Young Joon mimicking Mi So's "Vice Chairman!" is hilarious and well-deserving of Mi So's hard slap to the back. :lol:
  • I love the office team congratulating Mi So when she brought them the invitations, and good-naturedly hooting at her over her honeymoon. They're the best!
  • The final squabble! And it's a KO with Mi So's parting shot: "This necktie-fixing machine will leave now. Drive home safely, Jealousy Incarnate!" :lol:
  • I'm giving Ji Ah's "If your boyfriend is hurt, then you're in the wrong" and Young Joon's permanent jealousy over the blind date a BIG NO. And "Even if your feelings change, I won't let you go" is creepy, not cute. <_<
  • Still can't get over how good they both looked at the wedding. I would have preferred a more modern hairstyle for Mi So, but she pulled it off. I love the choice of OST for the walk down the aisle and the final ending credits as well. :tears:

I can't remember the last time a 10+ episode series from any country held my interest for the entire run. I didn't love all the episodes equally of course, but I was always entertained somehow each time. I'm so glad I saw PMY in Busted and decided to watch this show because of her. Definitely looking forward to Busted 2 and her next project, and hopefully their cameo in PD's next drama. ♥

PS. We're not getting the final week's bts online anymore, are we? :tears:

• Like 11

Absolutely love this sweet drama as everyone as said.  The wedding was just stunning! 

As the series concluded I have one lingering question: why did he change his name?

I think I've might missed it. Was there ever an explanation on why SY changed his name after the kidnapping?  

• Like 1

His original name (Sung Hyun) sounded so much like his elder brother's (Sung Yeon), and both brothers were constantly compared with each other. To reduce the conflict between both brothers, the parents decided to change his name to YJ.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chdom said:

For anyone that knows after the wedding stuff... Does Mi Soo stay as his secretary or does she get promoted? Stop working? TIA

In the webtoon, MS was promoted to the director grade due to YJ's consideration, so she can have freedom to decide when to go to work.  that helps her balance her new life with YJ, as she does not have to quit her job now but also have time for family

@kaoriharang thx for the gifs....I think PSY made YJ so cute!! when MS finally not calling him VP but my husband, he keep staring at her text with that cute smile~~

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

like you guys, i am feeling the sadness that this drama has ended. so much to love about the story, and the characters on it, even the supporting actors were great! thank you to everyone who made this drama possible and absolutely lovable.

i liked that YJ's relationship with his brother is on the mend, and that he's learning some sensitivity from him. YJ maybe smart but his brother is quite thoughtful and attuned to people. he gave YJ the right way to go about the proposal and thought about MS's pollen allergy ahead of time. imagine how MS would look, sneezing all the way to the altar. we can't have that. 

also, i think this is the first time i watched a drama wherein the groom was more excited about the wedding plans...that was fun for me...:)

i noticed they switched sides when they entered the wedding hall? it reminded me of what they said in an interview...of  how both actors think that the left side of their face is better for the camera, but PSJ gives way to PMY, so she's always on the right side when they're kissing or face to face...

i will miss PSJ and PMY as YJ and sec kim...

• Like 4