[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

I've never been this sad when drama ends. And never have i cried because of it. But WWWSK did this to me.:bawling:

This drama is everything! I will really miss the feeling of waiting for weds and thurs for updates and of course, our cast. 

Im so thankful they are the ones portraying these roles coz i really cant imagine other actors doing it. :)

To the crew, they did a wonderful job and they deserve to be awarded for it. (Especially the effects they were using):sweat_smile:

I hope to see them shine more in their future projects:blush:

P.s. Can someone make an expectation vs. Reality of the bed scene of YJ and MS and YS and his wife? Coz it would be hilarious really:joy:

• Like 11

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

Thanks all!   Wow.   Been a beautiful ride, this drama.  Gorgeous ending,  that wedding.   And I am also glad that there are 3 couples...most of all PYS and ex-wife & their parody,  and  of course our  two office couples.  Loving the team, and shout out to “hero” Yang Cheol, whom I find a lovable character. 

Will hang around here some more, we are not done yet until every one of us sees the subs tomorrow.   But for those who will exit early,  see you in other dramas!    

• Like 5

Post #3

The wedding dress scene, one reason why I really like it is because

YJ has always been the one that is doing all the events for MS.

it is nice that she is now doing something in return for him (:

@vangsweetie637 @Kasmic @Yongzura @stroppyse @lolly84 @attriste @bebebisous33 @USAFarmgirl @evie7 @nonski @jeonghyang @YourHighness .

Spoiler

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Post #5

The wedding scenes (: They really look so lovely.

I got to say the wedding is super grand - I guess it shows how rich YJ's family is :P

@lolly84 @USAFarmgirl @vangsweetie637 @YourHighness . @bebebisous33 @Kasmic @Yongzura @nonski @evie7 @dramaninja @jeonghyang @stroppyse

AND WITH THAT!

my job here is officially done!

it was a pleasure truly fun to be here on this thread watching this drama with all of you.

It has been awhile since I really last enjoyed a drama and I was glad that it was this one (:

I did not expect to actually help with recapping or what not so. I am not the best when it comes to the translation or recapping.

I will still be around (: I need the last episode with subs but for now!

PEACE OUT :P

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4

oh i love that scene @jeonghyang

they already started behaving like a married couple, and who knew MS had so much strength in her :P

I love how SB and Mr Yang like have their own thematic music :P That epic hero music haha so funny (:

Thanks for doing all these wonderful gifs chingu!

• Like 10

I guess the superstition, "the groom is forbidden to see the bride in her wedding gown before the ceremony,"  is not a thing in Korea?

THANK YOU EVERYONE for the translations, recaps, screencaps and gifs!

CUTIES!

• Like 14

ahhhhhhh it's so beautiful!!!! just watched the raw and i'm tearing up.... i feel like one of the wedding guests, having seen them walk the whole journey to get to this point...so happy for them!!!! i totally forgot they were a fictional couple!!

I'm so amazed that they made an entire ep post proposal and it was SO engaging! not a single boring moment. I love Ji Ah's "parting words" on loving one's present self to KGN... it made me care about this couple in a way I never did! You go girl!

Love the build up to the wedding... the anticipation, the joy and the prep...they have such an interesting dynamic the two of them interacting are good enough material for me I could watch them being married all day!

The last part was so beautiful!! The wedding was so sweet. SJ's acting when MS sent him a text calling him husband is the cutest thing ever. I'm so in love with him now (*.*)

• Like 12

23 minutes ago, mmac80 said:

I guess the superstition, "the groom is forbidden to see the bride in her wedding gown before the ceremony,"  is not a thing in Korea?

THANK YOU EVERYONE for the translations, recaps, screencaps and gifs!

CUTIES!

haha you guess correct, in Korea it is not really common for the groom NOT to see his bride before the wedding.

The bride is normally in a room - like the one that MS was in, and guest come in and take photos with the bride.

The groom is normally outside of that room; welcoming guess and ushering them in to meet the bride.

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The reconciliation scene between YJ and MS.

MS text: Vice Chairman, please come out to the living room for a moment.
YJ: Living room? My house?
(YJ runs out to see MS walking in, dressed in a wedding gown)
YJ: This…? What is happening here?
MS: The appointment for the presentation that we were going to do today, I wanted to make sure to do it. At this time (of the night), borrowing this dress, getting my hair done at the salon, I really did my best to do everything. Because of the apologetic feelings that I have for you during this time. (meaning that she was doing all this to try to make it up to him) So, even if just because you see my sincerity, please let go of your anger. Okay?
YJ: I’ve already let it all go, the moment that I saw you, Mi So. Even more than I had imagined, at least many million times more, you are prettier.
YJ: However, from now on, please be considerate of me. Because I have a good memory, every time I pass near there, that image (of MS on her blind date) is going to come to my mind. Even after 10 years. No, even after 20 years. No. Until I die- Maybe even into the afterlife.
MS: Then, please remember this until you die, also.
(MS kisses YJ)
MS: Also, there is one more thing for you to remember. Right now, to the point of even finding this jealous you throwing a fit to be cute, I love you very, very much.
(YJ hugs MS)
YJ: I’m never going to let you go. Even if perhaps Mi So’s feelings may change, I absolutely won’t let you go. Be warned.
MS: Yes. I’ll take heed.

This was such a sweet scene. YJ really is the eager and excited groom-to-be puzzled as to why his bride isn't as excited about their wedding and life together. He's hurt that MS is not only more engaged with the office than with their wedding preparations, but that she would take him to a cafe where she had gone on a blind date, which MS doesn't take seriously.

In a previous scene to this though with JA and SR, MS comes to realize that even if she didn't think it was a big deal to go to a cafe that she had had one blind date at, if her partner is hurt by it, then it is actually a big deal. It's interesting that it's JA who points out that it's just consideration for one's partner.

So, this reconciliation is very sweet as MS learns to be more considerate to YJ, not as his secretary, but as his partner. I also thought it was cute how they reversed the trope when it's usually the bride who is in a tizzy about the wedding, and the groom who is too busy with work to pay a lot of attention, leaving the bride to make all the arrangements.

thank you chingu for translating!!

When I was watching the scene I really moved by it.

You are right about how MS realise that she has to also be more considerate as a partner not as a secretary.

I love how the situation is reverse for them, that instead of an eager bride we get an eager groom planning the wedding.

• Like 9