Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

Kang Ki Young On The Secret To His Popular On-Screen Bromances + Working With Park Seo Joon

kang-ki-young-park-seo-joon.jpg

Kang Ki Young talked in an interview about his popular on-screen bromances!

See Also: Taecyeon Visits Chansung On The Set Of "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?"

The actor is currently appearing in the hit drama “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” as Park Yoo Sik, the best friend and relationship advisor of Park Seo Joon‘s character Lee Young Joon. In an interview for the August edition of star1 magazine, Kang Ki Young talked about taking on the role.

“Before my meeting with the drama’s production team, I read the original webtoon,” he said. “I was sure that it was a character I could do well.” He laughed as he said, “Also, even though he’s a man and younger than me, I was so nervous to be in a drama with Park Seo Joon.”

Kang Ki Young is known for having great chemistry in his on-screen bromances, and when asked what his secret is, he explained that it’s meeting with his co-star off set.

“There’s a difference between the kind of things you can talk about on set and the kind of things you can talk about in private while you’re having a drink,” he explained. “You become more playful, and the words come out easily. An actor I became friends with like that is Seo In Guk from tvN’s ‘King of High School.'”

When asked if he meets up with Park Seo Joon a lot off set, Kang Ki Young answered, “Seo Joon is always busy so he doesn’t have a lot of time. But he’s really funny and our sense of humor is similar on set. He gives really good reaction gestures.”

kang-ki-young-2.jpg

Kang Ki Young’s become recognized for playing what are known as “indispensable roles” in dramas, and he’s shown a variety of different performances in the past year including in SBS’s “While You Were Sleeping,” KBS2’s “Queen for Seven Days,” and MBC’s “I Am Not a Robot.

Kang Ki Young was asked if he’s disappointed that viewers often only member him for his cheerful image. “They’ve all been precious roles but it would be a lie to say that I don’t feel some disappointment,” he replied. “So last year, I became very ambitious about taking on different characters. I was thankful to receive good reviews but I wasn’t satisfied because I was stiff. However, isn’t it true that I received the ‘indispensable roles’ from the start because I do a good job?” He laughed as he said, “I believe that there will definitely be directors who will experiment to find out what other sides Kang Ki Young has.”

“What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” starring Park Seo Joon, Park Min Young, Lee Tae Hwan, Kang Ki Young and more airs on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 p.m. KST on tvN.

Check out the first episode of “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” if you haven’t already! Viki is also offering a 40 percent off sale for early access and ad-free HD viewing of “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim.” You can learn more here.

• Like 7

So I guess BTS for their bed scene was either too intimate or too embarrassing, that’s why they didn’t include it :D

I do applaud those actors for not laughing their head off while filming such cheesy scenes haha. :D

D4054_C4_E-_B806-4725-_ACB1-0_F3264_F0_F

• Like 11

1 hour ago, aisling said:

So I guess BTS for their bed scene was either too intimate or too embarrassing, that’s why they didn’t include it :D

No. Most of drama put the BTS important scene like kiss or bed scene in long time on their DVD set. Since they're must be take several times right. And everyone interesting to buy the DVD just want to see their kiss BTS. :lol:

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, HeeRinah said:

Love this kiss dragonshy2.gif?1

Oh my, I needed that Gif so much. Thank you :wub:

Possibly the most real kiss... I know they were rehearsing but this is the first time i have seen kiss during rehearsals. Most Korean actors/directors kiss only when actually required. 

In she was pretty, 

Spoiler

The bench kiss was a total fake out. They just covered their head behind the book and were actually giggling at each other. While the viewers thought a hot kiss was happening behind the book. 

So unless absolutely necessary they refrain from kissing, and here our Park Park couple casually kissing while rehearsing... Oh my, heart can't take it!!!! 

• Like 10
  • LOL 2

[BTS][김비서가 왜 그럴까]Whats wrong with secretary kim [메이킹] 리허설도 실전처럼! 불도저 러브씬 비하인드 EP.15|Behind the scene

let me try translate 

0:07 caption: save themselves inside each other's phone!! Selca scene.

0:10 there is not much time left from the flight time, you need to hurry

0:12 let's do it again, sorry

0:13 caption: NG naturally YJ is confused PSJ: oh..hmm...ok! PMY: sorry~

0:19 Then, stash away that sorryness 

0:20 caption: YJ throwing jokes at MS who is feeling sorry

0:26 caption: YJ leaving his selca in MS's phone

0:29 caption: #heart sniper #sexy bulldozer #out of this world visual

0:31 YJ: Kim Biseo! show me a smile.

0:38 #photo by YJ #fatal smile #zero defects visual

0:40 two person taking selca together

0:44 caption: sound of the shutter

0:45 making one more shutter.....

0:48 really laughing 

0: 52 PSJ: I was not going to laugh and just let it pass

0:55 PSJ: but this just come out

0:57: I cannot stop myself laughing, keke

0:59 caption: MS and YJ photo time continues

1:04 caption: rob the galaxy of their extraordinary appearance

1:07 YJ: call me often, if not I will scold you. MS: how will you scold me?

1:14  caption: fluffy cheat's entrance, kiss carried away like magnet

1:18 YJ: like this

1:19 caption: Vice president please scold me....

1:24 PSY & PMY: good right?

1:28 caption: declare that pretty MS is mine! YJ's jealous scene

1:32 caption: laughing from YJ's venting of his fiery jealousy

1:36 caption: holding from laughing

1:37 PSJ: I hate this me

1:39 caption: failed to hold back laugh

1:42 caption: throwing himself at high speed to MS

1:43: YJ: I miss you

1:45 MS: what are you doing at office?

1:49 YJ: if you dont like at office, we leave work now?

1:50 MS: I do not mean that

1:52 caption: evil devil! go!

1:55 its you!

1:56 no wonder there is this rumour in the next Ep

1:59 caption: as JA say!

2:00 caption: lips is loose JA

2:01 But!  JA who is more celebrating than other

2:06 caption: I will spread rumour

2:08 MS: its right! but pls keep silent

2:10 MS: its a bit dizzy but good that it pass by, its very natural

2:17 caption : MS genuinely surprised haha

2:21 caption: the birth of company couple, energetically singing congrats song JA

2:25 caption: amicable JA

2:30 caption: YJ's phone in airplane mode! high speed romance kiss scene (PD: put you arm down)

2:35 PD: try close the distance and lift your face

2:37 caption: in PD's heart, even rehearsal is like the actual one Rom Com legend's MS *flustered

2:42 making heart flutters YJ and MS's kiss 

2:47 PMY: unbutton the button, unbutton

2:52 caption: its like an important scene! being serious at rehearsal

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

24 minutes ago, jaslinnj said:

Oh my, I needed that Gif so much. Thank you :wub:

Possibly the most real kiss... I know they were rehearsing but this is the first time i have seen kiss during rehearsals. Most Korean actors/directors kiss only when actually required. 

In she was pretty, 

Reveal hidden contents

The bench kiss was a total fake out. They just covered their head behind the book and were actually giggling at each other. While the viewers thought a hot kiss was happening behind the book. 

So unless absolutely necessary they refrain from kissing, and here our Park Park couple casually kissing while rehearsing... Oh my, heart can't take it!!!! 

I agree, our heartttts !!! You're welcome  !! I'm enjoying making these sooo much :D

Here is another one !

Bold PMY....Hummm looks like she's enjoying and taking advantage of that rehearsal a looot    dragonkekeplz.gif?1

giphy.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 6

I think i'm the only one who thinking like that. PSJ actually kiss PMY neck during back hug in office. I don't think thats just angle,because PJS nose and lips getting lower to PMY neck

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

I think i'm the only one who thinking like that. PSJ actually kiss PMY neck during back hug in office. I don't think thats just angle,because PJS nose and lips getting lower to PMY neck

That was definitely a kiss. I noticed it the first time i saw it and was surprised. You can see PMYs reaction to it as well. She has a slight smile like she is trying to control her laugh... But we don't get it see it fully cause they immediately cut to a different angle where it is an ordinary back hug. 

Naughty PSJ!!! 

Here is my assumption for that scene.. Since this is the day after they have "done it", it's only natural that they are more physical with each other. So a simple back hug can be a neck kiss, this makes it more realistic. But maybe the PD thought after seeing it that it is too hot and decided to keep it a simple backhug. But our editing team decides to play with our minds and show us a tiny bit of it :joy: 

• Like 9

6 Things We Loved And 1 Thing We Hated About Episodes 13 And 14 Of “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim”

secretary-kim-park-seo-joon-park-min-you

What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” is slowly coming to an end. Already. It seems like just yesterday we were seeing Park Seo Joon appreciate his own “aura” and considering it a blessing for Park Min Young to be in his presence. But before we say goodbye, there’s obviously a couple more episodes to watch and a couple of this week’s episodes if you haven’t watched them already. Here are six things I loved and one thing I hated about the most recent episodes of “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim.”

See Also: BLACKPINK Reigns With "DDU-DU DDU-DU"; Soompi's K-Pop Music Chart 2018, July Week 2
LOVED: How Young Joon wears his heart on his sleeve

It’s adorable how Young Joon misses Mi So so much and that he wants to tell the world that they are together. I love a male lead who wears his heart on his sleeve and is willing to put down everything he’s got for the woman he loves. Especially since that male lead is Park Seo Joon.

secretary-kim-park-seo-joon.pngsecretary-kim-park-seo-joon-1.png

HATED: How the story seems to be dragging on a bit

We know all the drama that happened between the leads at this point and we’ve gotten closure. I was wondering how the last four episodes would pan out and what more they would have to add to the story. I was still expecting some crazy twist… or was hoping for it, anyway. But, I have to say I was a little disappointed in how slow this past week’s episodes were going. I thought the side relationship parts were dragging, and there were a lot of moments that felt unimportant or lingered for a bit too long.

Nonetheless, I still enjoyed seeing the OTP being all lovey dovey and cute.
park-seo-joon-secretary-kim6.gif

park-seo-joon-1-secretary-kim.gif

LOVED: "Bulldozer"

Despite the emotional and romantic advances by Young Joon, I love how Mi So put him in his place. When she referred to him as being a “bulldozer,” she was putting her foot down and making sure that he knows she can’t be pushed around or pressured. I couldn’t help but smile when she called him this name.

secretary-kim-park-min-young.png

secretary-kim-park-min-young-1.png

secretary-kim-park-min-young-2.png

LOVED: This scene

Really, the hot and heavy factor had us totally squealing, right? If you were me, you were not expecting this scene to go that far. This has to go down as being one of the hottest K-drama kiss scenes of the year!
secretary-kim-park-seo-joon-park-min-you

LOVED: Mi So's co-workers sticking up for her

I love how loyal these two were in sticking up for Mi So. They didn’t stand back and listen while Mi So got trash talked. A good sis-mance and sticking up for a fellow woman is so badass, and I loved it.

secretary-kim-13.pngsecretary-kim3.png

LOVED: How Young Joon tried to cheer up Mi So up after she had a bad day

This is love.
secretary-kim-park-min-young.gif

secretary-kim-park-seo-joon.gif

AND LOVED: Mi So deciding to stay as Young Joon's Secretary

I appreciated the part of Young Joon’s character that knew the best thing for Mi So was to let her figure out what she wanted to do with her life. As much as he wanted to keep her as his secretary, he knew it wasn’t in Mi So’s best interest. So when Mi So discovers that she wants to stay working as his secretary, Young Joon’s face spoke volumes. It was so touching and adorable to see him so moved!

secretary-kim-park-min-young1.gif
secretary-kim-park-seo-joon1.gif

Hey Soompiers, what did you love or hate about this past week’s episodes? Let me know in the comments below!

If you haven’t already, start watching “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” below!

• Like 5

In the ep 13 bts on Youtube, one of the commenters said that the comment that caused PSJ and PMY to crack up when they were rehearsing against the wall was PD saying that they looked like they were shooting an ero (erotic film I guess). Can any Korean speakers confirm? :) It makes sense though.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

Happy 200th page everyone!

Great bts shared, I really hope PSJ is shaken with PMY's beauty... and man, really hope they can date in real life. At least try. Haha.

Next week will be the last episode, no more Park Park couple on our screen. I hope they get offered to do adverts together and have tons of interviews so they can make us squeal  again... While some had said the drama bacame slow as there is no other plotline, I don't really care as I just want to PMY and PSJ making out together on screen... its probably the only time they have :D

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

Episode 14 recap from Dramabeans: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/07/whats-wrong-with-secretary-kim-episode-14/

I loved this part of the author's commentary: 

In fact, that’s what I love most about Young-joon… he actually listens to Mi-so. When she expresses her feelings or opinions, he takes her words at face value. He doesn’t act like he knows what’s best for her, or go behind her back and make decisions that affect her without her knowledge or consent (well, beyond keeping their connection a secret for nine years. But I’d argue that he had a very compelling reason to do so, as even telling her they knew each other would have reminded her of her trauma, when his intent was to protect her from the memories). Young-joon was worried that Mi-so was deciding to stay with him out of obligation, but when she said that no, she truly thinks it’s where she belongs, he believed her. He didn’t argue or play the noble idiot card or try to talk her out of it. He just, simply, believed her. I love how much respect Young-joon holds for Mi-so, as an employee, an old friend, and a lover. If they can get past Dad’s fake objections, they’re going to have a wonderful life together.

• Like 7

16 hours ago, lyca mena said:

I want Miso get pregnant first before getting married that would be a crazy twist. Maybe or maybe not but i want that to happen hehehehe

well well well in the novel she is 8 weeks pregnant when tying the knot with YJ hehehe.....

• Like 5