[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

@Kasmic Give it 10 years and those kids (especially the boy) will lead their own dramas. The boy is so handsome and smart and has good acting skills, but I'm more impressed at little Mi So because at that age she sure as hell knows what she's doing and understands and portrays her character well. Rooting for these two kids in the future.

On another note, I love how we finally got to see more of those nine years and that people finally get to realize that LYJ's "sudden" proposal when KMS resigned was not so sudden after all. Like some of us has suspected (or at least those who haven't read the webtoon), LYJ had loved her all this time. He has looked out for her and has harbored feelings for her while keeping it to himself for all this time. In fact he has never dated any woman seriously (Oh Ji Ran and the likes were just to keep his image). He went above and beyond just caring for the girl he has suffered the abduction with, and eventually fell for her in the process. And I appreciate the writers letting us see that because it erases all doubt that some have had over LYJ's feelings in the beginning.

I also want to praise PMY's subtle acting and how she showed KMS' growth from newbie secretary to the legend that she is now. The subtle differences in the look in her eyes, in her posture, and in her composure were portrayed very, very excellently that even if she didn't change hairstyles I will still be able to tell the time difference.

• Like 22

That was the best Kdrama flashback in all of kdrama. The kid actors blew it out of the park, especially young YJ.  These 2 have the most incredible love story that nothing can break them. I loved the poem at the end—there was never anyone else for YJ but MS. 

• Like 16

21 minutes ago, minmangfan said:

I also want to praise PMY's subtle acting and how she showed KMS' growth from newbie secretary to the legend that she is now. The subtle differences in the look in her eyes, in her posture, and in her composure were portrayed very, very excellently that even if she didn't change hairstyles I will still be able to tell the time difference.

This! Also Mi So dropping the cake gave me shades of Ma Eum (Yoo Sik's secretary), and the way Young Joon dealt with it reminded me of Yoo Sik's long-suffering patience with her (though with added sexual tension from Young Joon).  Somehow I feel like Young Joon's "You dropped the cake in a pretty way" line was an ad lib. :D

Also, shout out to Mi So's perfect permanent eyeliner. Never budges even when she's in the hospital, at the spa, or at home in bed. :lol:

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

12 minutes ago, Ondine said:

This! Also Mi So dropping the cake gave me shades of Ma Eum (Yoo Sik's secretary), and the way Young Joon dealt with it reminded me of Yoo Sik's long-suffering patience with her (though with added sexual tension from Young Joon).  Somehow I feel like Young Joon's "You dropped the cake in a pretty way" line was an ad lib. :D

Also, shout out to Mi So's perfect permanent eyeliner. Never budges even when she's in the hospital, or at home in bed. :lol:

SAME! She kinda gave the ME vibe before --which makes me think is the reason why YS is keeping ME in the hope that she changes (but he also knows it's a farfetched dream haha)

Her eyeliner and eyebrows don't budge. I bet even when she steps out of the shower it's there :tounge_xd:

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

48 minutes ago, dramamilftx said:

That was the best Kdrama flashback in all of kdrama. The kid actors blew it out of the park, especially young YJ.  These 2 have the most incredible love story that nothing can break them. I loved the poem at the end—there was never anyone else for YJ but MS. 

So very true  @dramamilftx. The kid actor were awesome. I felt their pain and fear in the drama. Mi So was his one and only. He knew how he felt for her but didn’t know if he could live without her. Smh smh smh

Chingu’s ..... I finally watched episode 11 with subs and it blew me away. The director did a great job with scene sequence. It started with Mi So’s memories then moved on to Lee Seong Hyeon’s  POV.  This flashback gives me the vibe that we will be getting more flashback.

Lee Seong Yeon

I think there is more to his story about what happen that night. At least his memories are coming back.

Did anyone not find it strange that LSY’s memory/flashback happened in the street not at the amusement park? LYJ clearly showed us the location where the crime was committed and Mi Sp's old home. Until LSY fully remembers everything that happened the day of the kidnapping LSY will remain angry. Now that he knows the truth , all he can see is that his brother was laughing at him. He is still thinking like a child who is trying to compete with his little brother. When he was the victim, he wanted his brother to apologize for the pain he cause him. Now he knows he isn't the victim, he still doesn't see his brother as a victim or care for that matter.  Even with a flashback he is still trying to run away from the truth. Smh smh  I see him causing trouble for our OTP because of his weak mind. 

• Like 8

"What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" Lee Tae-hwan Resents His Mother, Kim Hye-ok

photo987050.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim", Seong-yeon (Lee Tae-hwan) was tormented by the truth of his past.

He remembered himself as the victim of a kidnapping. However, the real victim was his brother Young-joon (Park Seo-joon).

In the past, young Seong-yeon looked around the site of the accident and said, "Was Seong-hyeon really locked up in here? Because of me?"

This became a trauma to him and distorted his memory.

Seong-yeon became angry at his mother (Kim Hye-ok). "Why did you only tell me the truth now? Why didn't you tell me this earlier? Why didn't you tell me I had it wrong? How foolish must I have looked?"

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

• Like 11

7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@averia .. Chingu He got the memories because he himself went to the crime scene when he was younger. IT was shown in episode 10 LSY got a flashback of him entering the crime scene.. smh smh smh 

Yeah, I know that :) But I'm more interested in the 'why' he did this. I need to see this on my screen. Young LSY 's breakdown, parent's reactions , young LYJ reaction. I know what happened in webtoon and what is suppose to happen in drama but I want to see it with my own eyes. And it better be convincing because I still don't think what parents did was justifiable. 

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, Ondine said:

@Kasmic Aww, the kid actors look so adorable! I hope PSJ and PMY can also take pics with their kid counterparts. And Young Joon should take notes from his younger self and get the darn fringe off his forehead! :lol:

Hahaha did u even notice the lil boy had to put clips in his fringe to keep it up :D

16 minutes ago, minmangfan said:

@Kasmic Give it 10 years and those kids (especially the boy) will lead their own dramas. The boy is so handsome and smart and has good acting skills, but I'm more impressed at little Mi So because at that age she sure as hell knows what she's doing and understands and portrays her character well. Rooting for these two kids in the future.

On another note, I love how we finally got to see more of those nine years and that people finally get to realize that LYJ's "sudden" proposal when KMS resigned was not so sudden after all. Like some of us has suspected (or at least those who haven't read the webtoon), LYJ had loved her all this time. He has looked out for her and has harbored feelings for her while keeping it to himself for all this time. In fact he has never dated any woman seriously (Oh Ji Ran and the likes were just to keep his image). He went above and beyond just caring for the girl he has suffered the abduction with, and eventually fell for her in the process. And I appreciate the writers letting us see that because it erases all doubt that some have had over LYJ's feelings in the beginning.

Im cheering for these child actors too. They all did such an awesome job. Even the young SY too and dare I say his doing even better than LTH. *sigh* LTH was so good in Come Back Mister. Where did that all go?? :tears: FIGHTING LTH!!! Will cheer you on always. cheerleader2-smiley.gif?1292867568

And inregards to LYJ crush on MS, (I havent seen the webtoon nor novel) I admit I thought it was "sudden" and his intentions of the wedding proposal was a way to keep her working and by his side. During their 9yrs working together, despite him looking after her,  I dont think he realised he fell in love with her. As in early eps, every time they coincidently touched he would shake off those feelings and deny it. It wasnt until ep 5 (I think) when he spoke to Yoo Sik about hurting MS feelings and that he had to apologise otherwise he would lose her that he knew his heart. 

40 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Time to throw some parents into all the chaos please.

Yes I agree, I dont even know what MS father look like- I doubt LMK will make another cameo :smirk:

• Like 15

56 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

"What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" Lee Tae-hwan Resents His Mother, Kim Hye-ok

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim", Seong-yeon (Lee Tae-hwan) was tormented by the truth of his past.

He remembered himself as the victim of a kidnapping. However, the real victim was his brother Young-joon (Park Seo-joon).

In the past, young Seong-yeon looked around the site of the accident and said, "Was Seong-hyeon really locked up in here? Because of me?"

This became a trauma to him and distorted his memory.

Seong-yeon became angry at his mother (Kim Hye-ok). "Why did you only tell me the truth now? Why didn't you tell me this earlier? Why didn't you tell me I had it wrong? How foolish must I have looked?"

Source : www.tvreport.co.kr/?c...

I also super resent her.

Common,how can she be so healthy and happy with smiling face each time she sees this boy.

What a crappy mother!

From the beginning of this drama,we can see that smart from being jealous of his brother, he always look lost, confused, nervous and lonely like somebody who has a mental breakdown.

And instead of the parents to have set things right and he find a healing from the guilt of abandoning his brother in that house,they squashed it. Do they think that he will not get it right one day?

I'm super angry with her.

That aside, I'm not comfortable with M&S childhood story.it made no sense that a five yr old will leave their house in the middle of the night and just followed a stranger. Don't their house have lock? Didn't the dad teach them the importance of locking the house especially in the night?

And are the two sisters so dunce that they didn't notice her absence in the morning?

Children at that age have no secret, so she didn't tell her sisters?

The drama is almost at the end and we haven't seen or heard from the dad.

I want to ask a nagging question.

From  most of the kdrama I have watched, it looks that Korea seldomly practice extended family system. Sometimes u will see a child that lost both parents and ended up alone.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, agasshi02 said:

It's happening guys:wub: Maybe in episodes 12 and many kiss scene bedscene hopefully

Also do you have seen those episode 12 preview? OMGGGGGGG:love: Go Park Park Couple :heart:
Subtitles: 

Lee Young Joon: I can't promise you that i'll hold myself back tonight 

And ofcourse this two is so adorable:wub:

Reveal hidden contents

I didn't check the webtoon but it seems like there is a lot of potential here for an intense bed scene like the ones in a Taiwanese drama I watched. I can't recall exactly if it's "Autumn's concerto" or "Fated to love you". Female lead of the drama drank bit of a wine or something (for real) to help her with the acting. Second time she did the scene (continuation or other instance) she didn't choose to take help of any alcohol, probably it "helped" way too much! lol

That's the most intense bed scene I ever watched in any drama. 

However, this one being a Korean drama, I don't think we will have any intense bed scene or so. Just a kiss and they wake up in the morning! ;)

Edited by Chellsee
Please do not quote images/gifs. Thanks.
  • Like 8

I have to sign on to the general consensus that the child actors were awesome.

I am so glad the child actor playing SungHyun/Young Joon didn't have to share two shots scene with the kidnapper when she was in full crazy mode. Therefore he didn't really have to act with her (props to the video editor for creating such heart wrenching performances from the children's work).  I'n not sure what he was responding to but he was terrific, as was young MiSo.

All the actors in the kidnapping memory were terrific. The actor playing the kidnapper was magnificent.  Her crazy was grounded and organic.  It easy to get playing crazy wrong which makes it hard for an audience to watch, she was riveting.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

Hahaha did u even notice the lil boy had to put clips in his fringe to keep it up :D

Im cheering for these child actors too. They all did such an awesome job. Even the young SY too and dare I say his doing even better than LTH. *sigh* LTH was so good in Come Back Mister. Where did that all go?? :tears: FIGHTING LTH!!! Will cheer you on always. cheerleader2-smiley.gif?1292867568

And inregards to LYJ crush on MS, (I havent seen the webtoon nor novel) I admit I thought it was "sudden" and his intentions of the wedding proposal was a way to keep her working and by his side. During their 9yrs working together, despite him looking after her,  I dont think he realised he fell in love with her. As in early eps, every time they coincidently touched he would shake off those feelings and deny it. It wasnt until ep 5 (I think) when he spoke to Yoo Sik about hurting MS feelings and that he had to apologise otherwise he would lose her that he knew his heart. 

Yes I agree, I dont even know what MS father look like- I doubt LMK will make another cameo :smirk:

I am also cheering for the child actors. They really did such a good job

Spoiler

With regards to the crush, YJ always wanted to find MS after the incident but he couldnt. I have a feeling YJ gradually fell in love with MS. As she was watching her and helping her improve he began to fall in love with her.

Haha, well LMK played MS's father when he was younger so it probably won't be here.

• Like 13

Lmao after watching with subs I feel like YoungJoon was super serious about spending the night with MiSo to help her avoid nightmares, he really looked earnest there and considering he always thinks for her, it’s not too far fetched.

Sooooooo I can only assume that the “house” and “night together” awoke something that he felt very “uncomfortable” about lol, much like his heart beating episode bahahaha. Hence the propensity for failure.

I like how the writers are helping us see how they are opening up to each other, since trauma isn’t so easily forgotten it makes sense that YoungJoon slowly progresses from

being afraid of women - meeting Miso and allowing only her to touch him - being happy to just be boss and secretary - to being puzzled why she would leave if he was so good to her - to realizing he couldn’t do without her - to realizing it was not just to keep her by his side but he was also in love - to letting himself experience love and more ahem, exciting touch and kissy times - to awakening the dragon hahahaahahah. 

And I like how the writers kept his narcissistic nature above it all, because it was him therefore he was able. It’s not something that totally arose as a coping mechanism, it was because it was him and he was able, therefore he did it. 

Looking forward to tonight! Making breakfast... the morning after? HEHEHE.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, kool_buddy said:

However, this one being a Korean drama, I don't think we will have any intense bed scene or so. Just a kiss and they wake up in the morning! ;)

I sadly agree. I don't think we will see it in the drama. We've already missed a few skinship and kiss scenes that were in the webtoon. (ex: I was waiting for MS to throw her arms around a surprised YJ while they were in the hospital........didn't happen <_<).

Just look through the webtoon when its over to get your fill of kisses, skinship, & bed scenes. :wub:Don't need to know Korean to see what's going on ^_^

• Like 6
  • LOL 1