[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

Waaahhh, the first episode was so good! I haven't watched a lot of Korean dramas, so this is my first time seeing either Park Seo Joon or Park Min Young in a series. (I decided to watch this because I loved PMY in Busted, which is the first show I saw her in.) PMY is such a star in this, what a charismatic screen presence. And PSJ is just HILARIOUS! I'm not a really fan of the premise or the manhwa story...I mean in the real world I would run, not walk, the heck away from a man like Lee Young Joon if I valued my happiness and well-being. But I really like the lead actors (including Lee Tae Hwan!) so I'll continue to watch and see where they take it. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode!

• Like 3

I'll watch when the subs are out. I definitely wish the best to PMY, hopefully this time she will equally share the spotlight with her lead co-stars. Even though PMY's dramas are generally well received, I find that her male counterpart tend to get the most interest/ attention while PMY slowly fades away (example City Hunter, Healer, Sunkyunkwan, 7 Day Queen etc).

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, dzareth said:

I'll watch when the subs are out. I definitely wish the best to PMY, hopefully this time she will equally share the spotlight with her lead co-stars. Even though PMY's dramas are generally well received, I find that her male counterpart tend to get the most interest/ attention while PMY slowly fades away (example City Hunter, Healer, Sunkyunkwan, 7 Day Queen etc).

Maybe because most of the viewers are women.... but come to think of it... most of her onscreen partners became more famous after being paired with her.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, saved2K said:

Maybe because most of the viewers are women..

Could be that or PMY didn't care to be in the spotlight after her dramas by choice. She tend to have her male co-stars promote themselves after the drama ended. Another thing...could also be her old agency not promoting her enough. But hopefully that will change since she's with a new agency and a new attitude now!

I haven't watched...and will refrain myself from watching without subs...so excited!! The real time viewer ratings were 7.44% peaked at 10.3% toward the end of the first episode in Seoul, the country rating should be lower but anything above 6% for cable network is a hit!

• Like 4

Still waiting for subs but I’m so excited just reading your posts! 

PMY is one of my biggest k-drama loves! I’d say she never looked more beautiful in a modern drama than in this one (but she looks best in hanbok, I love her most in sageuk dramas). 

I really hope it’s as hilarious as teasers indicated.

• Like 4

Hahahah  oh god he really wants her to stay with him, he told her to marry him then she can stay at her job because she want be alone.

The thing is he notices her but he does not actually KNOW her like he sure know she has allergies.

I think he really like her for the longest already he just does not know it yet,thats why he never had a real GF in the past 9 years.He pretty much ignores and dont care about other ladies around him.

He really felt down when she did not consider all the time they spent together as part of her life.

I really like them both already already he is goofy and oblivious and she is direct and sweet lol.

• Like 6

I really liked the first episode! Thank goodness, it didn’t disappoint me like other shows.

I laughed my head off during this scene :lol:

ED4959_C9-_F178-4_BC1-_A84_B-_F3_C13_FB5

A10_BFFFB-85_D9-4228-937_A-5_D033_ACD808

PSJ is so enjoying playing this goofy character :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

“What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” Off To Strong Start With First Episode Ratings

Whats-Wrong-with-Secretary-Kim5.jpg

The first episode of the new tvN’s Wednesday-Thursday romantic comedy “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim,” starring Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young, hit the air on June 6, and it is already off to a great start.

According to the real-time viewership ratings research company ATAM, the average viewership for the first episode of “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” hit 7.44 percent, while the most viewed minute, which happened toward the end of episode 1, hit a high of 10.3 percent. This is an improved start from the previous drama, “My Ahjussi,” the first episode of which recorded an average viewership of 3.9 percent and a high of 5.7 percent.

“What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” is a drama adaptation of a web novel of the same name about a handsome and talented, but completely narcissistic vice president of a company (Park Seo Joon), and his perfect secretary (Park Min Young), who really wants to quit.

cr

• Like 3