Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

Recommended Posts

I see some difference between preview in today's episode and the preview that is uploaded in the Youtube by TVN,

 

the mom embracing younger YJ  in the credits of today's episode for next week that appears to be the younger version (actress Lee so kyung) WHILE in the preview that is uploaded in the Youtube the mom in the flashback appears to be the current actress (aged -mom Kim Hye Ok)

 

Is it editing problem or they decide to keep the current mom (Kim Hye Ok)  acting in the flashback version as well?

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, baby.hae said:

Thanks for all recapers!! :wub:

 

This eps is so intense BUT I WANT TO SEE OUR OTP! I dont mind if they want to progressing the story but why they need to reduce our otp screentime? I think even the officers have more screentime than kms and lyj. The main atraction of this drama is both of leads after all they need to focus on them

 

I'm sorry to say this but I really dont feel lee tae hwan acting at all, I can't connect emotionally with him because his expression is really lacking (I'm sure knetz will haunt him again), I'm worried about his acting in the next eps. .

 

Haha, if there's too much OTP sweetness I can think of where this will end up... not in a good place like a recent show that went south due to too much kissytimes at the start and nonsensical angst the latter half. I hope/ think/ pray the writers are smart enough to avoid that, and judging from what the early articles said, they're hoping to be faithful to the "no angst or pure evil character" storyline that the novel author did.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

I see some difference between preview in today's episode and the preview that is uploaded in the Youtube by TVN,

 

the mom embracing younger YJ  in the credits of today's episode for next week that appears to be the younger version (actress Lee so kyung) WHILE in the preview that is uploaded in the Youtube the mom in the flashback appears to be the current actress (aged -mom Kim Hye Ok)

 

Is it editing problem or they decide to keep the current mom (Kim Hye Ok)  acting in the flashback version as well?

 

I feel like they'll intersperse the older and younger versions of mum in the flashbacks just to show how confused Sung-yeon is? I actually appreciate that they show the entirety of his world breaking down--really makes the impact of the consequences of his lying so much more impressive. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, minmangfan said:

Ahh it seems that we have really reached the middle of the drama. Has anyone noticed the change in tone of the cliffhangers since after Episode 8? After those two make out sessions, they now make our hearts hurt for our favorite couple. Out with the cheesy stuff and about time to face the elephant in the room. By the way they have written this or at least by the way they are presenting it now, it seems that the parents were significant accessories to LSY's false memories. I hope the couple (LYJ and KMS) settles this soonest, because both of them deserve to find their peace together.

 

 

Wiat, how was the MS parents significant to LSY false memories? I dont get it. I felt/ thought MS parents scenes just showed how happy they were before their mother past away. Is there a link somehow? :blink:

 

BTW LMK singing was so hilarious lol!

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ayoko094 said:

But was Mi So pregnant in webtoon?

Spoiler

Yep... hope we'll get a bedscene and a pregnacy in drama too...

@kaoriharang

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

 

Wiat, how was the MS parents significant to LSY false memories? I dont get it. I felt/ thought MS parents scenes just showed how happy they were before their mother past away. Is there a link somehow? :blink:

 

BTW LMK singing was so hilarious lol!

 

@minmangfan

with regards to the flashback scene for tonight's episode.

 

The link is more about that before the mother passed away, as a family they went to the beach and picked clams.

As such, they do this every year on the anniversary of their mother's death.

 

in the scene where before MS and YJ hug,

MS explains that that day at the beach was both the happiest and the saddest memory of their mother. So they do this to remember her every year.

 

3 minutes ago, lolly84 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yep... hope we'll get a bedscene and a pregnacy in drama too...

@kaoriharang

 

@ayoko094

haha yes there is a pregnant scene in the webtoon.

though I am not sure if the drama would end there.

 

Spoiler

wasnt the pregnant scene a rather new scene only recently?

oh i definitely want a wedding and yes haha! bed scene most definitely :P

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lolly84 said:
  Hide contents

Yep... hope we'll get a bedscene and a pregnacy in drama too...

@kaoriharang

So it is a confirmed info? I am so happy! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

 

Wiat, how was the MS parents significant to LSY false memories? I dont get it. I felt/ thought MS parents scenes just showed how happy they were before their mother past away. Is there a link somehow? :blink:

 

BTW LMK singing was so hilarious lol!

 

 

 

@Kasmic Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about  LYJ parents.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Wiat, how was the MS parents significant to LSY false memories? I dont get it. I felt/ thought MS parents scenes just showed how happy they were before their mother past away. Is there a link somehow? :blink:

 

Depends on writing, webtoon wise , @minmangfan there are spoilers below to explain the above which i assume u meant YJ's parents:

Spoiler

No. I've said this before lol, but I keep feeling the need to reiterate that THEY HAD NO CHOICE.

 

YoungJoon made the choice to fake amnesia. SungYeon subconsciously made the choice to take on the false memories and become the victim.

 

They had 2 kids who were going mental, literally, until YJ decided to do what he did.  Both would have been committed to an asylum if everything continued. So the feigned amnesia while a very bad idea, seemed like the only choice to a 9 year old with his family tearing apart.

 

And if your kid said he didn't remember anymore, would you try to make him remember the trauma and the suicide? You know what that entails? Flooding therapy, prolonged exposure therapy, hypnosis.. they're really all not nice to do.  All involve the victim having to re-simulate the trauma, over and over and over again, just to get over it.

 

Then you need to subject the other kid to similar therapy to make him remember he wasn't the victim. I feel exhausted just thinking of it. lol. And there's the whole mental health stigma, esp for a rich family.

 

Ok phew i'm done lol.

 

  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How some people every thought about maybe Lee just does not want to talk about  it?

 

He has suffer alone since he remember most of that nasty parts,I mean he was hurt too going by the scars on his ankle.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ost from Because this is my first life with them at the sea nearly kissing (it's the same music of their first kiss in the drama and they where at the sea too).

 

I hope they don't have the same name as their character in BTIMFL. I can accept cameo but don't sell us our character dying offscreen.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ayoko094 said:

So it is a confirmed info? I am so happy! 

In webtoon yes but drama is a bit different but we all hope to get what is in webtoon!!:phew:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, attriste said:

 

Depends on writing, webtoon wise , @minmangfan there are spoilers below to explain the above which i assume u meant YJ's parents:

  Hide contents

No. I've said this before lol, but I keep feeling the need to reiterate that THEY HAD NO CHOICE.

 

YoungJoon made the choice to fake amnesia. SungYeon subconsciously made the choice to take on the false memories and become the victim.

 

They had 2 kids who were going mental, literally, until YJ decided to do what he did.  Both would have been committed to an asylum if everything continued. So the feigned amnesia while a very bad idea, seemed like the only choice to a 9 year old with his family tearing apart.

 

And if your kid said he didn't remember anymore, would you do try to make him remember the trauma and the suicide? You know what that entails? Flooding therapy, prolonged exposure therapy, hypnosis.. they're really all not nice to do.  All involve the victim having to re-simulate the trauma, over and over and over again, just to get over it.

 

Then you need to subject the other kid to similar therapy to make him remember he wasn't the victim. I feel exhausted just thinking of it. lol. And there's the whole mental health stigma, esp for a rich family.

 

Ok phew i'm done lol.

 

 

well explained chingu,

the novel has roughly the same explanation

 

giphy.gif

 

 

Just now, lolly84 said:

In webtoon yes but drama is a bit different but we all hope to get what is in webtoon!!:phew:

 

well the novel ended with a

Spoiler

wedding, but the webtoon continued on. So hmmmm, maybe we may get a hint of a pregnancy?

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, minmangfan said:

Ahh it seems that we have really reached the middle of the drama. Has anyone noticed the change in tone of the cliffhangers since after Episode 8? After those two make out sessions, they now make our hearts hurt for our favorite couple. Out with the cheesy stuff (for now) and about time to face the elephant in the room.

 

By the way they have written this episode or at least by the way they are presenting it now, it seems that the parents of LYJ and LSY were significant accessories to LSY's false memories. The fact that the mom said something like "We should tell them the truth." can mean that they have been riding along with LSY's false memories and LYJ's false amnesia. Also, I love the brazenness in KMS statement at the hospital. (Again, that's my girl!!!) With KMS telling off LYJ to stop keeping secrets from her, I think LYJ will finally realize how important it is for them to face the trauma together especially because they are now a couple. I also think that KMS opening up about her family's past is a precedent to LYJ opening up about his.

 

I haven't read the webtoon, only summaries. But so far the drama writers have been using plot devices very smoothly. I'm excited to see how they will unfold the story further in the next episodes.

 

 

EDIT: I was talking about how LYJ's parents were accessories to LSY's false memories. Sorry for those who got confused and thought that I was talking about KMS' parents. Highlighted some edited parts for clarification.

 

@Kasmic @kaoriharang @attriste

 

Edited my post to clarify. I meant LYJ and LSY's parents.

 

@attriste

I think my previous post got misunderstood because I posted in a haste and had to edit afterwards because as far as I know posting consequently is not allowed. Sorry if you got confused. I know

 

Spoiler

I said that I haven't read the webtoon but I have read the summaries. So I know about the LYJ's false amnesia and false memories.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, minmangfan said:

 

@Kasmic @kaoriharang @attriste

 

Edited my post to clarify. I meant LYJ and LSY's parents.

 

@attriste

I think my previous post got misunderstood because I posted in a haste. 

 

  Hide contents

I know I said that I haven't read the webtoon but I have read the summaries. I know about the LYJ's false amnesia and false memories.

 

 

Sorry for getting worked up lol, it's a chip off my past life working with kids in child protection :wacko: Mianhe. Trauma is talked about alot in Kdramas but the reality and work to restoration is much much worse.

 

So if you're clarifying the way you mean, yes they can be accessories. They continued the charade that their kids put up, all independently of each other. It's such a different world to what MiSo has with her family. Openness.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, minmangfan said:

 

@Kasmic @kaoriharang @attriste

 

Edited my post to clarify. I meant LYJ and LSY's parents.

 

@attriste

I think my previous post got misunderstood because I posted in a haste. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

I know I said that I haven't read the webtoon but I have read the summaries. I know about the LYJ's false amnesia and false memories.

 

 

ahhh no worries chingu its fine (:

 

You are right about that, the parents did enable the false memories to continue.

If they had stopped it when he was younger, it would not have affected him as much as now.

 

However, I guess with that truth now in SY's face. Well he will go off balance.

 

That guilt which led to the false memories will crush him so to speak.

After all, he enabled the situation to happen to both YJ and MS.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant understand yet since no subs but you can just tell the sister is saying something stupid again. :scream:

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, attriste said:

 

Haha, if there's too much OTP sweetness I can think of where this will end up... not in a good place like a recent show that went south due to too much kissytimes at the start and nonsensical angst the latter half. I hope/ think/ pray the writers are smart enough to avoid that, and judging from what the early articles said, they're hoping to be faithful to the "no angst or pure evil character" storyline that the novel author did.

 

Lol I know that drama :rolleyes::ph34r:

 

Yes the writer already said it that she and the pd dont like evil character, so far I agree and we dont have any evil character aside of lsy ( he is more like pitiful than evil tbh), I'm sure they will keep it until the end

 

Idk I just feel lil bit boring in this eps except for the last scene and our otp in the begining. I dont mean they should kiss in every eps lol. I just love their interaction. They are so awkward and funny because they are still in early stage of their relationship (they both single since birth too) I want to see that more!

 

On positive side I really love mi soo because she is protecting lyj from her unnies! Lol

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, attriste said:

 

Sorry for getting worked up lol, it's a chip off my past life working with kids in child protection :wacko: Mianhe. Trauma is talked about alot in Kdramas but the reality and work to restoration is much much worse.

 

So if you're clarifying the way you mean, yes they can be accessories. They continued the charade that their kids put up, all independently of each other. It's such a different world to what MiSo has with her family. Openness.

 

 

 

5 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

 

ahhh no worries chingu its fine (:

 

You are right about that, the parents did enable the false memories to continue.

If they had stopped it when he was younger, it would not have affected him as much as now.

 

However, I guess with that truth now in SY's face. Well he will go off balance.

 

That guilt which led to the false memories will crush him so to speak.

After all, he enabled the situation to happen to both YJ and MS.

 

 

@attriste   @kaoriharang   @Kasmic

It's okay. And sorry, too, for igniting confusion. It is my fault for posting in a haste and thinking that everybody understands my hasty ramblings. I'll be careful next time.

 

@kaoriharang 

 

I like

Spoiler

your UN, it's my niece's name.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...