[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

Her sister an her friend really needs to shut up  seriously.

He cant win, if he ate her food  it bad he he brought her her food its bad, its annoying.

Just because he rich does not mean his GF has rich taste, he brought her what she loves.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, libra22 said:

This scene was funny

Yes I loved this scene and it brings back the KMHM drama where he and JiSung won MBC best couple award. :tounge_wink:

Sorry @nonski I missed the live streaming, I tried but it was so laggy on my end so I decided to give the streaming a miss. But will try tonight as I sure do hope all is revealed...but thats probably a lil too early right? :smirk:

Am I suppose to keep this in the spoiler tag? 

@kaoriharang

Spoiler

I havent read the webtoon nor the novel so Ive been spoilt here as to whats to come. But I wish YJ just come out clear saying his the real SY. I understand why he had to keep it a secret esp when all of them were so young but now theyre adults. Surely KMS and his hyung is older enough to handle the truth.

YJ tells his hyung to stop reliving the past but seriously how can he if his not really sure (or does he know and is he that delusional? to suppress the truth) what happened with the kidnapping saga. 

Also with Im sure KMS, Im sure she'd like and deserves to know the truth. 

YJ is hiding the truth to protect KMS and his family and wanting to bear the weight of it all. *sigh* If PSJ wasnt killing this role and looking so hilariously handsome, I swear I'd throw darts at my screen. :sweat_smile:

• Like 11
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Yes I loved this scene and it brings back the KMHM drama where he and JiSung won MBC best couple award. :tounge_wink:

Sorry @nonski I missed the live streaming, I tried but it was so laggy on my end so I decided to give the streaming a miss. But will try tonight as I sure do hope all is revealed...but thats probably a lil too early right? :smirk:

@kaoriharang

Hide contents

I havent read the webtoon nor the novel so Ive been spoilt here as to whats to come. But I wish the real YJ just come out clear saying his the real SY. I understand why he had to keep it a secret esp when all of them were so young but now theyre adults. Surely KMS and his hyung is older enough to handle the truth.

YJ tells his hyung to stop reliving the past but seriously how can he if his not really sure (or does he know and is he that delusional? to suppress the truth) what happened with the kidnapping saga. 

YJ is hiding the truth to protect KMS and his family and wanting to bear the weight of it all. *sigh* If PSJ wasnt killing this role and looking so hilariously handsome, I swear I'd throw darts at my screen. :sweat_smile:

Spoiler

Yup in the webtoon the story will move towards the bro's mum deciding enough is enough and it's time for SungYeon to know the truth. And she does tell him. But the thing is she and the dad don't know that YoungJoon (aka SungHyun) is faking the amnesia. So it's kind of like everyone is tied up in some way or the other with bits of the same event:

- MiSo doesn't have the full memory (yet). Even if this coming ep she knows his real name, she still has to figure out why the names are different, what exactly happened, what the spider really was.

- SungYeon doesn't know and has repressed that he's the culprit

- YoungJoon is the only one who knows everything but has to keep the secret so MiSo can be spared from knowing the 'spider' was the lady who committed suicide

-The parents think YoungJoon has amnesia and therefore don't want to shake the boat because the current tenuous peace was better than the living hell of both boys experiencing trauma

If you know the webtoon, YoungJoon had intended for MiSo NEVER to remember the suicide. That's why he's so intent on forming new memories with her instead of repeatedly revisiting the past. He also can't really force SungYeon to admit that it wasn't him since its a serious delusion that SungYeon gotten himself into and continued over the years. I think all this was bigger than having her remember he protected her. Typically its the noble trope, but I can see why he's doing it. And he's narcissistic anyway ha. Doesn't need the good ol' i'm your oppa trope to win the girl.

I just wish he would take his own advice soon; problems/ things look bigger as a kid, but when you look back they're not so big and it's from a child's POV. It's time to unveil and realise everyone has the capacity to deal now, esp MiSo who has become such an intelligent woman.

I agree about PSJ, except for HIS FRINGEEEEE argh I would like to see scenes from THE OTHER SIDE OF HIS FACE CHAEBAL why do they film only from his fringe hanging down angle.

edit: watched the preview and i think MiSo is crying cos there was something that happened btw the sisters and youngjoon, and also she's asking SungYeon "which of these boys are you" pointing to picture frames of them as young boys. SOOOO anything goes. She could be asking him to help him, since she obviously knows the oppa in her memory, or YoungJoon could have faked-out again ARGHHHH.

• Like 15

After watching episode 9, I'm more worried about his brother.

I'm positive that guy has an undisclosed mental problem else what will be his reason to assume his brother's identity?

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, attriste said:

Hide contents

Yup in the webtoon the story will move towards the bro's mum deciding enough is enough and it's time for SungYeon to know the truth. And she does tell him. But the thing is she and the dad don't know that YoungJoon (aka SungHyun) is faking the amnesia. So it's kind of like everyone is tied up in some way or the other with bits of the same event:

- MiSo doesn't have the full memory

- SungYeon doesn't know or has repressed that he's the culprit

- YoungJoon is the only one who knows everything but has to keep the secret so MiSo can be spared from knowing the 'spider' was the lady who committed suicide

-The parents think YoungJoon has amnesia and therefore don't want to shake the boat because the current tenuous peace was better than the living hell of both boys experiencing trauma

If you know the webtoon, YoungJoon had intended for MiSo NEVER to remember the suicide. That's why he's so intent on forming new memories with her instead of repeatedly revisiting the past. He also can't really force SungYeon to admit that it wasn't him since its a serious delusion that SungYeon gotten himself into and continued over the years. I think all this was bigger than having her remember he protected her. Typically its the noble trope, but I can see why he's doing it.

I just wish he would take his own advice; problems/ things look bigger as a kid, but when you look back they're not so big and it's from a child's POV. It's time to unveil and realise everyone has the capacity to deal now, esp MiSo who has become such an intelligent woman.

I agree about PSJ, except for HIS FRINGEEEEE argh I would like to see scenes from THE OTHER SIDE OF HIS FACE CHAEBAL why do they film only from his fringe hanging down angle.

I love PSJ flat fringe look that we see in the preview. Its his "at home" look that we also saw in She Was Pretty

tumblr_inline_pbd11udqdb1u65w7m_500.jpg 

Spoiler

tumblr_nxj1lnHltp1ulqi9io4_250.gif

Spoiler

But isnt it more cruel to keep his brother thinking that his delusion is right? Its certainly not helping his mental health. 

Im glad the parents are going to say something about it and like you said all do have the capacity to deal with the issues. KMS is much stronger  and intelligent now and Im sure he'll help her just like he did in the past. 

Do the brothers reconcile?

The reactions of the closet kiss is too funny, I cant blame them

and I cant wait for her cameo

• Like 14

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Her sister an her friend really needs to shut up  seriously.

He cant win, if he ate her food  it bad he he brought her her food its bad, its annoying.

Just because he rich does not mean his GF has rich taste, he brought her what she loves.

@dramaninja... Both woman talking badly about Lee Young Joon was her sisters. I do agree , they should be quiet. TBH I don't really have respect for her sisters and tried so hard not to be judgy. I tried hard to push my feelings aside about them because this drama is the first drama where the younger sister takes full responsibility for the family. It is usually the eldest daughter who pays of debt and make sure the the youngest accomplishes her dream. After all young Mi So said at age 5 she was a better reader than her older sisters. Even the father turned tp Mi So to pay off his debt. They don't appreciate her working to LYH for 9 years. It seems they forgot her working for a workaholic is what helped them clear all their debt. They talk about him badly when they have never met him but by Mi So's opinion. 

Chingu's   Can someone tell me what kind of food is that on Ji Ah table.

TgVke1vyrXmS9Wh_vA6dhGuhJ0INA9vNaFun-rOp

• Like 13

@Kasmic haha I just remembered his name in SWP was Sung Joon. Good mashup of his current two names... I like his hair down, but the slicked side fringe that they only film side angles from kinda depresses his features. I like his weird eyebrows a lot hahaahah. They frame his eyes well. 

Spoiler

Yeah he does go to see a psychiatrist eventually.. I think the brothers “making up” is more of an acknowledgement of the actual trauma and story that happened.. all I remember is Young Joon trying to make out/ kiss MiSo in the parents’ house garden and SungYeon pops his head out to interrupt them. And then MiSo talking to SungYeon in another webtoon panel about the whole issue.

The parents did think of bringing him to a mental institution when he was young, but they were faced with sending both kids since both were going crazy over the kidnap, which was a nightmare for them. Korea is very very backward on mental health so the implication on their family’s reputation would have been tremendous. After YoungJoon feigned amnesia everything seemed to return to normal so they didn’t want to reawaken the trauma that they thought YoungJoon forgot, nor pressure SungYeon to remembering he wasn’t the victim. 

• Like 16

46 minutes ago, attriste said:

edit: watched the preview and i think MiSo is crying cos there was something that happened btw the sisters and youngjoon, and also she's asking SungYeon "which of these boys are you" pointing to picture frames of them as young boys. SOOOO anything goes. She could be asking him to help him, since she obviously knows the oppa in her memory, or YoungJoon could have faked-out again ARGHHHH.

Im hoping brother dearest will point out to the picture of the lil boy whom KMS doesnt recall in her memory. I hope that will let her piece it together.  

OST 7 will release later today

Titled : In the End by Kim Young Guk

201807051101214110_2.jpg

cr. http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201807051101214110

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, attriste said:

The Chinese version has been deleting the important parts so from my memory it

Hide contents

was YJ soliloquying on how she came to be the only one for him, and then told his real side of the story, as she slept in the hospital (not knowing she did hear, and then she calls him Sung Hyun oppa again and he finally deigns to break the mask), but before that SungYeon has already been admonished by his mum to stop the nonsense and she tells him the truth. Then the brothers get into a scuffle outside the hospital room before MiSo wakes. Was there actually a scene where MiSo and the mum sit together for the reveal? My brains are eluding me haahha.

I did not read the chinese version so I actually have no clue who would be the one.

Spoiler

I do know that in the end at least for SY he never discovered the truth himself but rather he was told the truth.

As for MS knowing it all, I think the drama would go with the hospital version like you mention chingu, mainly because I think its better that MS hear it all directly from YJ himself rather than the mother right?

1 hour ago, Kasmic said:

@kaoriharang

Reveal hidden contents

I havent read the webtoon nor the novel so Ive been spoilt here as to whats to come. But I wish YJ just come out clear saying his the real SY. I understand why he had to keep it a secret esp when all of them were so young but now theyre adults. Surely KMS and his hyung is older enough to handle the truth.

Spoiler

I agree chingu, at times I do wish that YJ just came clean with everything.

I guess in his mind, and maybe in his parents mind as well. By telling and revealing the truth it may bring back that period of unrest and pain for both the boys and the parents as well.

I think the main reason why YJ and the parents continue this facade is just to restore peace to the family, they don't wish to send SY into a mental hospital. Which is both a good but also a bad reason. I mean by giving into SY just because he is sick and all that does nothing good actually.

I think they feel that that is the only way for them, when they dont realise that they are just continuing to enable SY and YJ suffer as a consequence.

And yes you are right chingu, the main reason why YJ never comes clean with what happen with MS is solely because he doesnt want her to remember any of that.

YJ knows how painful and scary those memories are so as such, he choose to make sure she never remembers it. He wants to protect her.

@attriste answered the same as me :P haha

giphy.gif

52 minutes ago, attriste said:

Hide contents

- MiSo doesn't have the full memory (yet). Even if this coming ep she knows his real name, she still has to figure out why the names are different, what exactly happened, what the spider really was.

- SungYeon doesn't know and has repressed that he's the culprit

If you know the webtoon, YoungJoon had intended for MiSo NEVER to remember the suicide. That's why he's so intent on forming new memories with her instead of repeatedly revisiting the past. He also can't really force SungYeon to admit that it wasn't him since its a serious delusion that SungYeon gotten himself into and continued over the years. I think all this was bigger than having her remember he protected her. Typically its the noble trope, but I can see why he's doing it. And he's narcissistic anyway ha. Doesn't need the good ol' i'm your oppa trope to win the girl.

I just wish he would take his own advice soon; problems/ things look bigger as a kid, but when you look back they're not so big and it's from a child's POV. It's time to unveil and realise everyone has the capacity to deal now, esp MiSo who has become such an intelligent woman.

Spoiler

Indeed, even though she has found out YJ's real name and somehow have linked him with him as the oppa she was looking for.

Her memories are not back yet, she can only remember from when she got sent home by the oppa and not what the actual events are.

Sadly or not like you mention SY never has a self realisation of his false memories and that will be address by the mother.

Agreed, if only he realise that MS is a strong woman and can take those memories. But I understand also why he choose not to tell her as well. It is just that it hurts us to see YJ being the only one that suffers in pain :(

Hmmm, well previews are often misleading huh chingu :P

I think it would take MS a while to piece everything together - even though she has now figured out the name, like you mention YJ could have a fake out again and pretend that that is not his name.

Who knows..

34 minutes ago, MeritaG said:

Do you get conclusion from webtoon/novel or?

From  @kaoriharang information, it can clarify some of the questions.

YJ answered to the name Seung Hyun, not Seung Yeon.

YJ's original name was Seung Hyun but after what happened, he decided to change his name. MS never knew that YJ changed his name.

Until she recalled YJ's mother saying Hyun - when talking about the kidnapping. And since siblings names are often similar she suspected that YJ's name is Seung Hyun since his brother is Seung Yeon.

So she called out Seung Hyun Oppa and YJ responded to the name, thus confirming her suspicions. That the oppa she has been looking for is YJ, or at least that YJ's name is Seung Hyun at least.

As for are the parents going along with the memory swap, to some extent yes. They don't correct SY's feelings and memories and they carry on the idea that YJ really did lose his memories. But they know that in reality YJ was the one who was kidnapped and SY with the false memories.

They just don't know that YJ faked the memory loss.

thanks for answering chingu! you answered perfectly!!

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

I love PSJ flat fringe look that we see in the preview. Its his "at home" look that we also saw in She Was Pretty

Hide contents

But isnt it more cruel to keep his brother thinking that his delusion is right? Its certainly not helping his mental health. 

Im glad the parents are going to say something about it and like you said all do have the capacity to deal with the issues. KMS is much stronger  and intelligent now and Im sure he'll help her just like he did in the past. 

Do the brothers reconcile?

The reactions of the closet kiss is too funny, I cant blame them

haha his flat fringe is so cute, he looks younger in that picture :P

Spoiler

yes indeed, it does SY no benefit what so ever by playing along. But i guess at that time, the parents and YJ thought that was the best way. And all these years they never changed it.

They also don't know that YJ faked his memories which is why they think that YJ should not be affected. Of course we know that YJ remembers everything that is why it is more painful for us.

sadly the brother don't really. Because even though SY is told the truth eventually, he does not believe it.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, iamcelestine said:

Haven't read the novel nor the webtoon. :mellow:

I just want to clarify some things: 

1. Why did Sung Yeon did not remember his past? 

2. If Young-Joon was the kidnapped kid? Why Sung-Yeon has some memories about the kidnap case?

3. Does Young-Joon remember his past? Or he was really traumatized then forgot them all? 

I am really eager to know these. The curiosity is getting into my nerves. 

Hahaha! :wub:

Thanks guys.  

Just my speculation, I haven’t read the  webtoon amd novel either. 

The similar  but not same dream of SY could be either of 2 things:  

1.   He tried to find Seung Hyun/YJ,  and managed to get to that warehouse, peeped through the window thus partially, not completely,  saw things.  

2.  And this I believe more:   It was based on the account and descriptions of YJ alone.   Mom’s version:  SY went to the police. If he saw where it happened then YJ would not be missing for 4 days.   

For an 11 yr old 4th grader (likely age because YJ skipped 2 levels, and was 9 when kidnapped),   because he felt inferior to his genius brother,  he bullied,  yes.  But we don’t know what he felt when his leaving his dongsaeng on the street caused a traumatic event.

Did he feel that YJ is confirmed a favored son,  when the parents understandably went crazy when their younger child went missing?  Did he feel guilt and panic?  

Or is it a combination of both?   When did he snap, was it then?  

Is he schizo and thus internalized  the events and made it his own,  thinking it was YJ who  bullied and left him on the street instead?  If he has such issues, I do not think he can control such thoughts.  Or did he continue to just be a bully knowing YJ “forgot” the events?    

YJ feigned amnesia which thus became an untreated trauma  he kept secret all his life to this point in the drama.    It was something that a 9-year old thought of to make  his family feel better.   The fact that SY either consciously,  or (more likey) unconsciously claimed the kidnapping,  made it a Catch 22 for YJ.    

But things apparently are seeping through the cracks Miso having figured it out, with the aid of clues from mom, plus the ankle injuries from the kidnapping.   

• Like 15

15 minutes ago, hazeljrr_c922 said:

Is he schizo and thus internalized  the events and made it his own,  thinking it was YJ who left him on the street instead?  If he has such issues, I do not think he can control such thoughts.  Or did he continue to just be a bully knowing YJ “forgot” the events?  

@hazeljrr_c922 My assumption - - >   Chingu, I think it all the above. Episode 8 Mom told Mi So that LSY kept attacking LYJ/LSH. I am going to say he already internalized the events and made it his own after LYJ came home. LYJ must have told his story and LSY was in the room and then LYS started bullying him. Once LYJ got amnesia of the event, LSY stop attacking but turned to harassing him for not apologizing for abandoning him at the place.  Till this day LSY is still waiting for him to appologize and it will never happen until LSY wake up form his delusion. 

• Like 12

"What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" Park Seo-joon and Park Min-young Kiss in the Closet

photo985369.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim", Lee Yong-joon (Park Seo-joon) and Kim Mi-so (Park Min-young) kept their relationship a secret.

Lee Young-joon didn't want to give Mi-so difficult work, but she said it was her job and they fussed. They didn't have time to finish their chat, so he bought her favorite food and brought it to her home.

However, Mi-so's sisters, Kim Pil-nam (Baek Eun-hye) and Kim Mal-hee (Heo Soon-mi) also visited so Mi-so made Young-joon hide in the closet. He heard the sisters talking about him while he was hiding in the closet. When they returned home, Young-joon came out from hiding and said, "What have you been telling them about me?"

Mi-so apologized and Young-joon said, "Stop it. We're going to fight again when we just made-up. Besides, you're too pretty for me to be angry with". He kissed her. They sat in her closet and kissed.

photo985370.jpg

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

• Like 11

Episode 9 was meaningful to me because it showed Lee Young Joon was missing something in his life. He was missing a companion, a lover, skin ship and a peaceful mind. 

Let’s talk about the peaceful mind. He thinks he is fix but this is just a patch to a wound. He still needs counseling and it is only Mi So he doesn’t fear. He can finally sleep without tranquilizer but I am positive there will be something to trigger his wounds because he refuses to talk about it. 

Skin Ship

The hugs, kisses and not wanting to leave her side was so cute. The passionate kiss he planted on her was like watching a hungry lion eating his prey. 

Companion

Walks and meaningful conversation. Being able to evaluate his faults and what he were to work on. Wanting to not be a selfish boyfriend to Mi So was sweet. Following on the advice of Best friend by talking it out and making up. OMG!!! I was so blushing 

all their sweet moments. 

I really loved this episode 

• Like 18

What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim: Episode 8

by LollyPip

SecretaryKim08-00142.jpg

It’s wonderful to see how far Young-joon has come in such a short time. After nine years of mostly thinking of himself, he’s learning to put Mi-so first. It’s no wonder she’s looking at him differently now—all she’s ever wanted was someone who takes care of her like she takes care of them. I’d never have pegged Young-joon as that guy, but as it turns out, in his own way, he’s been taking care of her all along.

More: http://www.dramabeans.com/2018/07/whats-wrong-with-secretary-kim-episode-8/

• Like 10

@UnniSarah I know chinguya your not a fan of her sisters. but Im sorry this scene had me in stiches

DhUH6PzUYAAjb6K.jpg

DhUFhVnU0AAtD71.jpg

Where are you looking at PSJ? lol-045.gif

Spoiler

DhUH8WZU8AI4xFh.jpg

DhUH9imVAAA1Eoh.jpg

cr. pampered bookworm in twitter

New stills: his meeting the sisters now. Hmmmm such mix expressions from them both lol!

201807051258301910_1.jpg

cr. http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201807051258301910

• Like 7
  • LOL 12