[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

the webtoon link (korean) that someone shared here, i have read it all LOL. 80 chapters is not the end though. I saw on official kakao webtoon page there is 85 chapters at the moment, most probably the webtoon is still ongoing. 

So far the drama is following the webtoon closely which is good!

Also i have found a chinese link too. Anyone interested can PM me & i'll give u the link, or should i just share here? 

By the way this is my first time commenting & Lol i created an account just to post here & discuss this drama with everybody here cuz currently im obsessed with this drama. Serious drama addiction.  

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

Someone recommended this drama to me and I watched episode one this morning.  So far, great beginning, it made me laugh and smile, and at the same time understand what Secretary Kim is feeling.  She would like a life of her own and not be on call all the time, to take care of someone else needs and neglect her own.  As she stated she wants to get married and have children.  LYJ's solution was to offer her lifetime employment :) REALLY, so out of touch, with her feelings and his.  All he knows is that he needs her.  She is like a perfectly tailored suit. 

This drama should be interesting and funny.  There were many lighthearted moments in the first episode.  Sometimes, I do not want serious, sometimes, lighthearted is just what the doctor ordered.  

• Like 7

4 hours ago, labyrinth525 said:
  Hide contents

There was a day that he got lost and met a lady (the one wearing red heels) and offered to help her with her luggage until she brought him to an abandoned house. He was tied up with a cable tie (thus KMS reminded KJA about LYJ not using cable ties as deemed important). Later, KMS was brought by the same lady in the house too. 

I think I need to stop. Don't want to spoil your reading the webtoon or watching the drama.

Here's the link for the webtoon. It's free all 80 episodes/chapters but it's in Hangul. Enjoy ^_^

https://toonkor.co/김-비서가-왜-그럴까

Thank you for sharing :)

40 minutes ago, cfilosvyz said:

the webtoon link (korean) that someone shared here, i have read it all LOL. 80 chapters is not the end though. I saw on official kakao webtoon page there is 85 chapters at the moment, most probably the webtoon is still ongoing. 

Also i have found a chinese link too. Anyone interested can PM me & i'll give u the link, or should i just share here? 

By the way this is my first time commenting & Lol i created an account just to post here & discuss this drama with everybody here cuz currently im obsessed with this drama. Serious drama addiction.  

Yeah you can share it here. Because there are so many people who want to know about the weebtoon version even thought maybe become spoiler but it interesting to know both of them.:)

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

To me she is not just his secretary she is his partner in more ways then one.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/11/park-seo-joon-park-min-young-face-crisis-together-whats-wrong-secretary-kim/

After seeing the webtoon from the link that our resourceful friend sent in this forum, I agree with you. She is not just a secretary, especially for LYJ. 

1 hour ago, cfilosvyz said:

If the webtoon has not ended, how was the ending written in the web novel? Do you know? From what I read so far, this drama was based on the web novel 2013 which was turned into webtoon 2015 and then into TV drama in 2018. I wonder how was the ending in the web novel.

• Like 6

Reading a webtoon, I strongly dislike his hyung. He’s kind of sleazy and sexist. 

Spoiler

He looks down on women like they’re a play thing that he can discard at any time. He even told YJ women were good for licking wounds... ew.

291_A7_AE7-14_CD-4_EA8-82_C0-3_B5_B81_C2

0157_C5_F2-_D87_E-494_C-9915-437_A0023_F

@chunkyung_8690 Thanks for sharing another info

Spoiler

Do you know why Young Joon didn’t use the same name when he was a kid? I’m sure this is where the show is heading - hyung is going to pretend he was the one she was looking for. He wants to seduce her to spite YJ, so he’s going to use every possible tactics.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

38 minutes ago, aisling said:

Reading a webtoon, I strongly dislike his hyung. He’s kind of sleazy and sexist. 

Reveal hidden contents

He looks down on women like they’re a play thing that he can discard at any time. He even told YJ women were good for licking wounds... ew.

@chunkyung_8690 Thanks for sharing another info

Reveal hidden contents

Do you know why Young Joon didn’t use the same name when he was a kid? I’m sure this is where the show is heading - hyung is going to pretend he was the one she was looking for. He wants to seduce her to spite YJ, so he’s going to use every possible tactics.

Hi, you're welcome chingu.

This is my understanding so far regarding your question

Spoiler

Based on my not so good  korean understanding,he needs to change his name from “lee seunghyeon” to YJ because that lee seunghyeon pronounciation is very similar to his older brother’s name (lee seung yeon).. 
I read that his older brother wanted to kill him if YJ still used that lee seunghyeon and therefore after that incident, their parents decided to change his name and since he changed his name to YJ, his older brother didnt want to kill him . (Actually this part i still don’t comprehend fully, some hangul are so difficult hence i need to crosscheck).
and in the back story it is also described that miso mistakenly pronounced his name as lee seungyeon instead of lee seunghyeon (when they were kidnapped by the ahjumma and hence he needed to correct her many times)

Actually, the older brother will be remorseful after he knows the truth about the incident (from chapter 60 onwards) and it explains why YJ says miso and his hyung are the one who CANNOT EVER say that he is inconsiderate, because the truth is he is very considerate since he was a kid

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

I am avoiding spoilers like crazy. I have stopped going to the Suits soompi thread and I think there is another one. It totally spoilt my viewing. I am about 4 episodes behind in Suits only because they practically laid out the ending. Plus cases. I can tell you straight off I have been pretty pi**ed they didn't even hide it but put it in the middle of a paragraph.

So thank you for hiding the webtoon contents. I have zero interest in it. Currently love the comic timing to pieces. And hope the director can keep up the momentum. I actually went to 7 day queen yesterday to watch the ending just because of PMY. 

And I laughed because the male character's styling looked so familiar. The hand in pocket and hair. Then I realized that it looked like the cover of the romance books my mom and grandmother used to read. You know... those Mills and Boon ones. It is just that the story is about a boss and his secretary. For some reason it really tickled my funny bones about how old fashioned it is. It is such an old plot.

I spent the whole 2 episodes just riveted by Kim Miso or rather Kim Biseo's swishing hair. It is mesmerizing. Almost like a hypnotic effect. PMY must have slimmed down so much for this role. And yes spent the whole time admiring her looks, personality, swishing pony tail and curves. 

But just have to say its been such a long time since I have been so fascinated by a female character and their dressing/outfits.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, cfilosvyz said:

Thank you for letting us know that the webtoon is still ongoing. 

Yes please share the chinese link. Would love to see what happened after episode 80. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

those Mills and Boon ones

hahaha he's straight out of Mills & Boon,  that shiny, pomade-laden, well-parted hair and the air of confidence seeping through his well-tailored suit.

damn, I need Taehwan in a suit as well. He should not smile, please. Otherwise, he's too dorky and would look like a giant maknae having internship tantrums.

abc.jpgdee.jpg

(Evil hyung mode versus "noona, adjust my tie, jebal" mode) 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

10 hours ago, hrh77 said:

I knew it you will be here @saved2K since this is PMY drama.... I still remember our 7DQ party with @minwoojin too..... DOes this mean PSJ will be my 3rd bf too?... hahahah... (after JCW & YWJ).... Indeed PMY is the queen of chemistry!!....

Hahaha, this is such an easy to watch drama.  I'm so in love with the first 2 episodes.  Hoping it will continue to amaze me till the end.  Their chemistry is no joke and this early I'm already in love with PSJ.... he totally rocks in this role.   

• Like 4

8 hours ago, cfilosvyz said:

Happy to have you here :heart:.  I thought it's only up to 80.... wonder what would the remaining 5 be.... perhaps a wedding??? hahaha

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

I just want to say - I'm loving all these spoilers because I'm one of those who'd read the ending of the book first before continuing... so THANK YOU!

But I also love that fact that everyone is so considerate to put it under spoiler tags as someone voiced that they absolutely hate spoilers, which I completely understand! We have such a respectful and considerate crowd here... we're all LYJ! Hahahahahaha :lol:

Having said that... please keep the spoilers coming hehehe :tongue:

Spoiler

@chunkyung_8690 OMG his older bro sounds like a total psycho since he was a kid... major jealousy issues at play here. Did their parents also favor LYJ more to further fuel his hyung's jealousy?? What about their dad... he seemed so timid and comedic in the first episode it's hard to imagine he was actually the president of the company! 

:wub:

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, joyue_1 said:

I just want to say - I'm loving all these spoilers because I'm one of those who'd read the ending of the book first before continuing... so THANK YOU!

But I also love that fact that everyone is so considerate to put it under spoiler tags as someone voiced that they absolutely hate spoilers, which I completely understand! We have such a respectful and considerate crowd here... we're all LYJ! Hahahahahaha :lol:

Having said that... please keep the spoilers coming hehehe :tongue:

Reveal hidden contents

@chunkyung_8690 OMG his older bro sounds like a total psycho since he was a kid... major jealousy issues at play here. Did their parents also favor LYJ more to further fuel his hyung's jealousy?? What about their dad... he seemed so timid and comedic in the first episode it's hard to imagine he was actually the president of the company! 

:wub:

Another spoiler for your question :D

Spoiler

I think based on my understanding , The parents loved them equally, at least in their perspective BUT not in the perspective of his hyung . 

He always felt  incompetent and being compared to YJ (even though its only his OWN perspective, not others) .

the biggest trigger of jealousy  was when their mom decided to put YJ (seunghyeon at that time) in the same class with his hyung because he was so genius to be able to skip 2 grades. 

I also read that their father (althou appear comedic at the first half of the webtoon) was the one who had big role  making YJ changed his name for the sake of his brother and asked YJ to apologize to seungyeon. 

And YJ , again,, also overheard his mom’s agony to the extent that she wanted to kill herself after seing her older son’s mental condition...hence decided to bury all the memories of him being “lee seunghyeon and all the incident thing” and drew a new chapter by being “lee youngjoon”.

(Cmiiw for this part..)

and lee seungyeon aka his hyung also was the one who indirectly caused the whole incident thing  (again, this is my limited understanding of reading the hangul, cmiiw..) because he told YJ to wait for him on the street before ahjumma came and gave YJ a bottle of drink that contained sleeping drug and when YJ woke up he was already tied at that house. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I think based on my understanding , The parents loved them equally, at least in their perspective BUT not in the perspective of his hyung . 

He always felt  incompetent and being compared to YJ (even though its only his OWN perspective, not others) .

the biggest trigger of jealousy  was when their mom decided to put YJ (seunghyeon at that time) in the same class with his hyung because he was so genius to be able to skip 2 grades. 

I also read that their father (althou appear comedic at the first half of the webtoon) was the one who had big role  making YJ changed his name for the sake of his brother and asked YJ to apologize to seungyeon. 

And YJ , again,, also overheard his mom’s agony to the extent that she wanted to kill herself after seing her older son’s mental condition...hence decided to bury all the memories of him being “lee seunghyeon and all the incident thing” and drew a new chapter by being “lee youngjoon”.

(Cmiiw for this part..)

and lee seungyeon aka his hyung also was the one who indirectly caused the whole incident thing  (again, this is my limited understanding of reading the hangul, cmiiw..) because he told YJ to wait for him on the street before ahjumma came and gave YJ a bottle of drink that contained sleeping drug and when YJ woke up he was already tied at that house. 

whoooahhhh, thank you for the spoilers.  It gave me a deeper understanding and appreciation of the drama.  There's more depth in the story than just being a simple fun to watch romcom.

Btw, Park Min Young and Chansung make a cute couple too hehehe.  On another note, why are all the Snail Brides here???? hahahaha

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, chunkyung_8690 said:

Hide contents

(Cmiiw for this part..)

I would like to add on to this spoiler :3

Spoiler

From what I remember, I don't think the father pressured YJ to apologise to hyung. Hyung's mental condition was really bad and the father actually suggested to send hyung to a mental hospital, but the mom refused 'cause she still had hope that things could change and hyung will get better. YJ overheard the whole convo, including the mom saying to kill herself which is an important factor as to why YJ decided to bury his memories...as it is linked to some bad memories with the ahjumma. So YJ took it upon himself and apologised to hyung and kept up his act so that his family will go back to being more"functional"

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

THANK YOU SO MUCH @chunkyung_8690 and @justanotherfan !!! *muah muah MUAH* :wub:

Spoiler

No wonder LYJ said what he said to KMS about how the two of them are the last person to ask him to be considerate. It also says so much about why his personality is what it is - how he's OCD and needs to be so detailed etc etc because this is the one thing he has control over... all the family issues and his hyung - he has absolutely no control over and I can imagine how hopeless that is. Also says so much about his narcissism since he needs to be perfect and he needs to love himself so so much since he probably feels so alone ever since he was a kid... and to top it off the abduction incident.

His hyung fed him sleeping drugs??? I think his mental condition was born with, for sure... so on that note, I also feel bad for him, it's also not something his hyung could control. 

• Like 8