[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

just watched with subs... still giggled through most of the ep!!!  Director Park is just so funny his comic timing is unbeatable. SJ has really good chemistry with the MS's dad!! He acted so well with the daddy. He was SO CUTE. no wonder daddy likes and approves of Lee So Bang!

• Like 6

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, text

1 minute ago, anthurium_52702 said:

Image may contain: 5 people, people smiling, text

KUDOS! to all of you. You have done a great fair share in each episode. Love PMY. Love PARK2 couple to the moon and back. Wish you all the best! Thanks for making my Wednesday and Thursday energized with all funny and dramatic scenes. Looking forward for tonight's ending of this Greatest RomCom Drama of 2018! All of you especially PMY and PSJ deserve a SUGOHATSO AWARD!

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, superfangermany_stv said:
Signage is out in front of the restaurant for tonight's wrap up party. :bawling:

Ooh, nice. I hope they can put in footage of the cast watching the last episode in the last bts. 

Just finished watching ep 15 with subs, and some of my favorite things:

• I agree with Young Joon again, drunk Mi So is soooooo cute! At first I was a bit worried that drunk Mi So wasn't fun enough when they were at the diner, but she proved me wrong and PMY delivered! Still my favorite scene of the episode.
  • Young Joon drunkenly admitting he's often scared of Mi So, and then almost falling to the ground giggling :lol:
  • Mi So's little fist pump after Young Joon says she can drink with Ji Ah if she wants, so cute!
  • So apparently Young Joon is keenly observant of what's gone on in Mi So's life in the past nine years, but he didn't pick up on her flower allergy? <_<
  • I guess it's a good thing Mi So is staying on as his secretary, or else who would stop him from constantly cancelling all his work obligations to spend time with Mi So? :lol:
  • I though it was funny how one of the Chairman's staff just goes up to him to tell him the latest gossip (well, it was about his son but still :D)
  • Good thing Mi So knew to wear a really nice LBD with such a vague invitation. If it were me I probably would have gone in ripped jeans. :lol:
  • Yoo Sik deserves to be the best man at the wedding. Please don't make Sung Yeon the best man. :(
  • Like 9
  • LOL 3

19 hours ago, stroppyse said:

GN and JA scene. GN rejects JA's confession.

GN: Kim Ji Ah-sshi’s feelings, I am unable to accept them.
JA: Yes? Why not?
GN: I want to work diligently and succeed. I want to quickly save my money and buy a house. I am a person with a lot of ambitions. Until I attain my goals, I have to live as if I was penniless. Kim Ji Ah-sshi, when you’ve finished eating your lunch, you always drink a caramel macchiato. If you date me, you’ll have to continue just drinking instant coffees like this. And, the twist donuts that Ji Ah-sshi likes, you’ll only be able to eat them on your birthday.
JA: I’m okay with that.
GN: No. Living such a life devoid of fun and comforts, it’s enough that I live like that. Since I know that Ji Ah-sshi is a good person, even more, I don’t want to have that kind of a life with you.

I actually have some sympathy for GN refusing to accept JA as his partner despite liking her. He has had these goals in mind of the kind of life he wants to have, based on the scars that he has from his childhood background of growing up poor. So, he's willing to suffer for what he wants to get in the future, and he is living a bit extreme life where he is literally saving every penny he can, denying himself anything other than subsistence. He understands that he is living an extreme life and he doesn't want to see the woman he likes having to live the way that he lives. I suppose I could flippantly say that just because he lives that way doesn't mean that she also has to live that way whether they are dating or not. She's making her own living after all, however, when a couple is that different, it's going to create conflict. And it would mean that they aren't really sharing their lives then.

However, I wonder if GN is asking himself what he is doing all that he's doing for. It's harder to find a partner that one really loves than perhaps people, especially younger people, might think. If he succeeds in attaining his goals and yet he has no one to share it with, or no one that he wants to share it with, will it still be worth it to give up on someone he likes who truly likes him?

I know it's literally the end of the drama, but I hope that GN comes to some realization that it's the people around him who really make life worth living rather than some material goals sometime in the future that is really only a road marker rather than a destination after all.  Plus, JA is someone who isn't going to be mindlessly materialistic. She understands what he's working for, and I think she would be willing to work with him towards those goals if only he would compromise a little bit to allow some joy and fun in his life rather than pinching every penny being his sole priority.

Actually, his rejection was quite painful to watch. His point is that he can not let her have a life where she has to give up her comfort. With him, she needs to lead a frugal and boring life. And this part did annoy me because his rejection come from his own goal and dream. He is not really interested in her own dream. Actually, they could have discussed it before he decides everything on his own. He still thinks, he did it for her, while in reality he never paid attention to her real own dream/interest. I hope, this is understandable.

Then when he explained to JA his dream in the first place, to have a house where he can live with his family (wife and children) in a nice neighbourhood, it was clear that his goal was for his family. The people were in the center of his attention. They shouldn't suffer humiliation. So when he rejects JA, it clearly reveals that he has lost his main goal... The materialistic side has become his priority, he has lost the focus on the real and important matter. Since he had to give up on a nice and comfortable life, I assume that in order to bear this, he must have tried to convince himself: at one point, he will live a better life and have in a nice house. To conclude, GN is now forgetting his own dream and goal.

Furthermore, he only thinks from this perspective: he should take the burden and be the only one working... In my opinion, GN is a very traditional man. He has imagined that once he has the money, he will find a wife who stays at home. Nowadays not every woman thinks like that. Besides, JA is working and if they were dating together, they could try to achieve that goal TOGETHER which would be much easier and more effective. He would achieve his goal much quicker. Finally, at the end of the day... once he has the money and position, he might be old and have issues to create his own family. As conclusion, he will have a nice house but it will be empty. He won't be able to share it with his family. GN is right now heading to become a very lonely person. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

i wish to believe that GN is not so blinded by ambition that he'd ignore the attraction he has for JA. i'm hopeful that he'll change his mind and see that having a partner while achieving your dreams is much much better...:)

maybe the sweetness of the bulldozer couple would rub off on him...

• Like 6

Park Yoo Sik and His ex Wife attending Young Joon and Mi So wedding .. i wish happy ending to with his story. Since because of Park Yoo Sik, Lee Young Joon can express him self to Kim Mi Soo.. :D:D

What's wrong with secretary kim wrap up party

• Like 8

This better not be the only one photo of our bulldozer couple....or maybe we might get lucky and see them together cutting the cake :smirk:

more casts

Spoiler

DjByz2TU0AMKbjO.jpg

DjBy05FUYAA8bTA.jpg

The "appa's" 

Spoiler

DjB2CkKU0AELiLH.jpg

DjB2DIlU4AAg_TX.jpg

omo the amount of flash from the cameras, you'd think they'd b blind by that lol!

• Like 11

Well chingus, we've come to the end of our office adventure at Yumyum group

and it's been a very fun one I'd say with each and every one of my officemates here

enjoying it with me every Wed and Friday!

Thank you too to these wonderful people who joined me with the mockcaps every week!

See you again in the next drama we will all be watching together 

but for tonight let's us bade farewell to VP Lee and Sec Kim and staff 

nae dongsaeng @jeonghyang @kaoriharang @Kasmic

I would like to thank all chingus for the enjoyable time.

@UnniSarah @Kasmic @moodypie @Mau_Cherry @bebebisous33 @alekaonu @kaoriharang @stargazer187 @USAFarmgirl @lovely_skham @saved2K @moreenke @fatimayahhhh @evie7 @aisling @irilight @MeritaG @lolly84 @hazeljrr_c922 @Silver Fall @turtle0217 @jadore1 @turtle0217 @Wanderer17 @ohoheli @Ondine @justanotherfan @MrsSoJiSub @Ayame @minseojoon @attriste @dojoed @AlexandraReid @rocat @kdramaznoob @tan10can @4evrkdrama @labyrinth525 @saaara @snowlou @elespi @dandelionjd @ck1Oz @blahdeyblah @hrh77 @princessfiana @lagaland @yusefull @lemonnoid @baby.hae @averia @jeijei @dramaninja @enigmatic_zephy @starrysky18 @Belinda Tan @minsunie @0ly40 @saranghaeshinee @lclarakl @pikachu_3275 @valentvcd @lollyminx @icecreamochi @tianaa @imels @Yammylicious @qynn @jejuhallabong @angelguccio @shujunnn @Delulu_jie2830 @blademan @jaslinnj @Dramanoona @camichi @baby.hae @Niki-Forever @realistic2280 @lyca mena 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3