[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

today's eps my fav highlight is when Park Seo Joon sing. My heart.. My ears.. My eyes.. you'll blessed. HAHAHA. :joy:

neomuuuu johaaaa.. the proposal is so damn sweet..:wub: PSJ and PMY drunk acted is so cute aff.. :love:

ahhhhh tomorrow is the last eps... :bawling:

you all know this drama really make my day. this drama lighten my mood. when sad.... I'm happy.... when happy.. I'm more happy.... :blush:

I'm eagerly waiting for every wed-thursday. :D

I'm happy when they realise BTS.. realise the Preview. 

I'm excited when all of actors share their related posts on IG. :lol:

I'm feel the good hype with the people around me who also like this drama..  :D

It's romantic comedy. the story based on webtoon. and I'm glad the PD and the staff really make this drama well made until the end.. their creative idea.. the sticker.. the sound.. the OST.. for me it's so perfect well.. :mrgreen:

And I'm really thankful.. they pick a perfect pair casts.. Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young ❤❤.. I can't denied their chemistry..   It's the BEST one.. their acting is great and somehow I wonder it's acting or not.. :lol: they look good together.. I'm ship them but in a low speed..:lol: just like Song2 couple..:lol: and ofc when the news broke out I'm flying to the max happiness.. HAHAHA.. :joy:

oh ! and their supporting casts too.. I really like all of them.. I'm laughing so hard with their act. they're really supporting team. I'm hope all of them meet again in another drama. AND FOR SURE I WILL MISS THIS DRAMA SO MUCH :heart:

AND THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO SHARE EVERYTHING IN THIS FORUM. (Your thought , comments , their BTS , preview , still pic cut, the Translate , your CUTE GIF even your HOT SLOW MOTION GIF :lol::lol: and many more) It's really THANKFUL. It's JOY to be in here with all of you. @kaoriharang @lolly84 @bebebisous33 @jadore1 @dramaninja @MayL @Kasmic @stroppyse @jeonghyang @Yongzura and many more ❤ see you guys tomorrow in wedding venue HAHAHA I'm promise I won't be late :lol:

giphy.gif

• Like 16
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 3

tumblr_pcfhv37K8i1w99clso1_540.gif

tumblr_pcfhv37K8i1w99clso2_540.gif

tumblr_pcfhv37K8i1w99clso7_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pcfhv37K8i1w99clso4_540.gif

tumblr_pcfhv37K8i1w99clso5_540.gif

tumblr_pcfhv37K8i1w99clso6_540.gif

tumblr_pcfhv37K8i1w99clso9_540.gif

tumblr_pcfhv37K8i1w99clso8_540.gif

tumblr_pcfhv37K8i1w99clso3_540.gif

tumblr_pcfhv37K8i1w99clso10_540.gif

When I watch the stars, I hear your voice become a flower powder I want to hug you while watching the nice sky and feel your breath I want to stay in a lake named “you” in a tiny boat If you leave me, I will follow you to the end My love, I am holding you. Please close your eyes in my arms, let’s share our lovely dream.” 

Credit: trendingkdrama

• Like 21

6 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Preview translation. @kaoriharang, your translation is good, but here is a slightly different translation of the 30 sec preview anyway. :)

YJ: This darn time that’s passing so slowly.
YJ: Calendar! Pass quickly already!
YJ: Just the two of you? I can’t allow a mother-in-law/daughter-in-law war.
Mother: This. Please wrap all of it up.
YJ: I feel as if I’ve come here before.
YJ: Secretary Kim!
YJ: A blind date?
MS: However, is that something to be so angry about? Anyway, It’s all in the past.
YJ: (holding up phone which reads “Vice Chairman”) I really don’t like this.
YJ: Hus-band (phone now reads “husband (heart)”)
YJ: Married woman
MS: Married man
YJ: Congratulations! I have made myself completely sold out. (meaning he’s completely off the market. Awww. )

So, happy ending for YJ and MS tomorrow! :wub:

Nah @stroppyse, I realise that between you and me, your Korean is definitely wayyyy better than mine :P haha!

Thank you for helping translate the several scenes today!!

giphy.gif

• Like 13

Thank you all for the recaps, screencaps and vids.  :wub: 

It was a beautiful proposal!    Plus  PSJ singing gets me every time.  His voiceover is just so perfect on the flip board, and it was “classic” YJ combined with YJ in love.

Just wanna say everything is about timing.  

It took 9 whole years for YJ to get to this point where he was proposing marriage to Miso, with a ring, and full of love for each other.    It was so touching when he was drunk and told her he started liking her 9 years back. 

On the opposite.   GN was just not financially ready for any sort of relationship, he hasn’t saved enough for his long term goals.   She drinks  caramel  macchiato and he drinks vending machine coffee, to save money.   It would be terribly unfair to her and thus GN, tbh, is right to have turned her down.  I think “some” friendship as neighbors and officemates  is a better option for now. 

• Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

Siiiigh dragoncryingplz.gif?1  It's almost the eeeeenddd !!!! I'm sorry i did not and won't participate much before it's finished...

I'm not gonna watch this episode yet. Tomorrow early morning I'll start again the whole drama, marathon it and finish by that ep 16 tomorrow night !! I want to have the whole feelings built up for these last 2 episodes dragonshy2.gif?1

See you tomorrow everyone  <3

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Your Korean is good enough for you to understand what's happening in the scene, even if some of the word play or subtleties may escape you. When I see you on a thread, I know it's going to be in good hands in terms of recaps and translations. 

Anyway, I've just been selectively translating a few scenes that I thought was cute. This whole drama is pretty darn cute actually, broken up by moments of pure sexy. However, I think these last two episodes will stay firmly with cute, funny, and sweet rather than veering back into sexy. :)  

Thank you for those kind words chingu,

it means a lot coming from you (:

giphy.gif

I am still not that great yet, I feel my vocab is still lacking.

Well none the less thanks for translating even if it is just a few scenes only.

Haha, I have been enjoying this drama; luckily we are not getting the usual kdrama cliche in this drama which I am really happy about.

And YJ has a character is just beyond lovable

giphy.gif

• Like 8

You got him serenading her?! And that proposal..

No, nope! That's it! You already crossed the line with the love scene, now you're just pushing it!

I'm done, goodbye! I'm leaving!

giphy.gif

I already can't take much more! You killed me once, you trying to kill me again?!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

@Kasmic  

nice pic!!

@nonski

sorry to hear you cant join yesterday night!  thx for tagging me!

I love tonight's ep , so full of sweetness but after preview I think tmr's episode is way funnier....when the twist at the end seems like MS changed her mind to marry YJ after meeting his mom, I think she felt pressured to living like a wealthy wife lifestyle.  I think YJ mom may be asking her to quit as sec too, thats why she said she dun want this marriage....ahahaa and YJ need to find YS again for advice.

Was so worried when mom said YJ cant marry MS yet cos it may hurt SY....I am like wa da??? after mom telling YJ its ok to blame parents for what happened and  then asking YJ to withhold marriage for SY , like seriously??? Lucky bro came out and said he is fine now and give his blessings and they reconciled.

I am sure KGN will accept Jia tmr, cos he seems to really consider her welfare before turn her down.

so funny the sec office knew the relationship between sera and yang sec.

hey, i think this is the first male lead that actually counting down his days of becoming a married man!! YJ is so cute in screaming at the calendar for the days to go faster! and the end of preview he called her "married woman" and MS called him "married man" soo sweeet. @stroppyse  thx for the translate..when he said congrats, he made himself sold out with that aurora thing again, hahahahahaha thats so YJ style.  YJ is tooooooo cute.

I need to get the D Cut, pls take my money, tvn!!! I want to see more of YJ MS

• Like 7

I have not posted much during this drama; however, I love it.  The cast is phenomenal, YJ and MS's wardrobe is  nice, no crazy, outfits.   I think I read somewhere that Park Seo Joon said he owned one suit, and I can see that; however, he wears suits well.  I like that the jackets fit just right, and the pants do not need to be lengthened.  Park Min Young looks professional in her beautiful blouses and skirts.  I cannot say enough about this drama, it was the whole package. 

The things I liked the most...(it is hard to choose.)

1) I liked the fact that they did not draw out the kidnapping saga too long, it was resolved early enough that we could appreciate the family healing process; therefore, when YJ and MS get married, the family togetherness will not feel forced.  

2) each character grew, especially YJ.

3) NO LOVE TRIANGLE, when SY found out that he was not the one that was kidnapped, he backed off.  

4) NO OVERBEARING MOTHER TRYING TO BUY OFF MS.  Although, YJ would not have allowed it.

5) The supporting cast...It was refreshing to see MS co-workers taking up for her.

6) For all of of YJ idiosyncrasies, when he found that one love, he did not let go, but made changes he needed to make it work.

7)The bromance between YJ and PYS.  Some of the advice was really good.  

8) I loved the bulldozer line.

9) The ROMANCE,  Park Seo Joon is a great actor, his conveys many different emotions with his face and eyes.  The YJ character shows great tenderness with MS, the kisses are gentle and sweet, and at the same time very steamy. 

I am going to stop here, because I realized so far, I have enjoyed every episode, the plots, and all the characters. 

This drama has made it to my top 10 romantic comedy list along with Because This Is My First Life, My Secret Romance, and Something about 1%. 

• Like 11

9 minutes ago, mmac80 said:

oh man, that's quite a drop :tears:. But they still lead during their timeslot:

I kind of expected the ratings would decline in these last two weeks, since there's no real conflict and story anymore. All that's left is pure romcom fluff, which I'm personally fine with but I think it isn't as universally appealing. At least they're still on top, and I hope they hold out for the last episode.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ondine said:

I kind of expected the ratings would decline in these last two weeks, since there's no real conflict and story anymore. All that's left is pure romcom fluff, which I'm personally fine with but I think it isn't as universally appealing. At least they're still on top, and I hope they hold out for the last episode.

Yeah, the ratings were the highest with the kidnapping reveal and with fluff and new shows premiering this week it's not surprising they declined some. 

I'm quite happy with the fluff. I liked the drunk antics. I have secondhand embarrassment with proposals, both real and reel, so I had to watch that part through my fingers, but it was sweet. 

• Like 7

Almost 12 hours after the episode, the drunk Mi So clip has more views and is trending higher than the proposal on Naver. :lol: Sweet drunk Young Joon is at #4. 

FHRsQJH.jpg

That continuity error when they kiss after the proposal and the ring isn't on her finger anymore though...that's pretty major, show. :lol:

ETA: On the Youtube/Naver clip with sweeet drunk Young Joon I think they cut off a few seconds at the end of the scene when Mi So's just holding him. During the live stream I was struck by how natural it looked when she grasped his shoulder when he fell onto her, and when she started stroking the back of his head with her thumb. I get that the style of the show is really more cartoony and OTT, hence the gestures and the expressions and the camera blocking having them 4 feet away from each other when in conversation. But it makes me think that they would be incredible portraying a relationship in a drama with a more realistic tone, like say Pretty Noona (at least the first few episodes of that :P). 

• Like 11

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hey, just one thing I meant to mention. When YJ talks about himself, he actually calls it his "aura", but pronouncing the English word almost as three syllables, i.e. "ah-oo-rah". I know it sounds a bit odd to English speakers, but it's the way the Koreans pronounce that word.  And, the shimmer effect they throw around him when he flings his arms wide to say that word can seem like an aurora, but it's actually an aura.  :)

Thanks for your translations, btw. During the times when I was in lurk and peek mode, I read a fair number of them. :D

heheh thanks! Your korean is way better than mind!!  you really explains the context very well to us. thanks~!

Now I get it, so its aura....hahaa why YJ will pronounce it as aurora when he claims he studies abroad and have perfect Eng accent? 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ondine said:

Almost 12 hours after the episode, the drunk Mi So clip has more views and is trending higher than the proposal on Naver. :lol: Sweet drunk Young Joon is at #4. 

That continuity error when they kiss after the proposal and the ring isn't on her finger anymore though...that's pretty major, show. :lol:

ETA: On the Youtube/Naver clip with sweeet drunk Young Joon I think they cut off a few seconds at the end of the scene when Mi So's just holding him. During the live stream I was struck by how natural it looked when she grasped his shoulder when he fell onto her, and when she started stroking the back of his head with her thumb. I get that the style of the show is really more cartoony and OTT, hence the gestures and the expressions and the camera blocking having them 4 feet away from each other when in conversation. But it makes me think that they would be incredible portraying a relationship in a drama with a more realistic tone, like say Pretty Noona (at least the first few episodes of that :P). 

Fell asleep livewatching last night cos I was so tired from the day, but— I’m curious! Is the 4 feet away conversating typical for “cartoony” effect? I think that’s what actually grated on me haha. I really liked it when MiSo was drunk and YoungJoon held her by her waist. So much more... feeeels. 

What is it with drunk women scenes, lol, I felt like this was almost similar to one of 2017’s SP (even with the seating!) I thought this one could have been shortened a little (maybe I was tired), but I wonder if there was a pun being made when JiAh kept saying “She was pretty” (in reference to PSJ’s 2015 drama of the same name) hahaah. Nonetheless.. I would have liked to steal VC Lee’s wallet too.., the comments on my livestream app were hilarious “that’s it they’re going to India, get ready SeRa and JiAh”

• Like 4
  • LOL 2