[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

I think there is a tie theme...

tAr9ZC.gif

New secretary is not needed to tie his tie.

yKrunA.gif

Gets jealous when he sees her tying another man's tie. As if she is cheating on him..

PS. The blind date is Park Byung Eun - Sang Goo from Because this is my first life?

• Like 7
  • LOL 8

I really liked the flashback scenes. Min so has come a long way, and YJ has seen it first hand and is partly a reason why she is the perfect person she is now. I think even if not for the love interest part, I think it will be such painful  for both of them to let go of a relationship they had formed for 9 years. She doesn't seem to be as affected as he is for leaving him, but I bet once she left, she will definitely be more sad, she already showed signs of it in the 2nd ep. I must have thought that she is born perfect like that, lol, otherwise I wouldn't be sooooo surprised at that flashback scene. It was amazing.

I'm not interested in the brother's plot, meh. Oh and another scene that surprised me is the text convo between them, he said she shouldn't feel that he is inconsiderate even if everyone feels like that. So meaning, he had done things for her....lol, that's my guess. I mean it's already clear that he had a soft spot for her, so it's not very surprising for him to help her behind her back. Idk. 

• Like 13

18 minutes ago, kokodus said:

I really liked the flashback scenes. Min so has come a long way, and YJ has seen it first hand and is partly a reason why she is the perfect person she is now. I think even if not for the love interest part, I think it will be such painful  for both of them to let go of a relationship they had formed for 9 years. She doesn't seem to be as affected as he is for leaving him, but I bet once she left, she will definitely be more sad, she already showed signs of it in the 2nd ep. I must have thought that she is born perfect like that, lol, otherwise I wouldn't be sooooo surprised at that flashback scene. It was amazing.

I'm not interested in the brother's plot, meh. Oh and another scene that surprised me is the text convo between them, he said she shouldn't feel that he is inconsiderate even if everyone feels like that. So meaning, he had done things for her....lol, that's my guess. I mean it's already clear that he had a soft spot for her, so it's not very surprising for him to help her behind her back. Idk. 

Yeah like I mention before the flashbacks are going to be  important, I think he done alot behind the scenes stuff for her and her family.

• Like 8

On 07/06/2018 at 9:58 PM, triplem said:

Also I think PMY's quick change in expression when she has to put up a front & when she looks away is really good.

LOVE the scene where she's crying because of allergies and when she ran to buy flowers.

ALSO, I'm loving this even more because of the director (BTIMFL!!! the dad also) and Ma Sang Goo will be in the next episode! AAAAAAAH :lol:

23 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I actually really want to see her jealous since she dislikes him so much right now lol

I so agree with this. She's already feeling a little jealous when YJ called the KJA in the office and drew the blinds. :lol: YJ is on the right track. He should keep going (although it is a form of manipulation and is a no, no, I'm going to ignore that bit and just enjoy the show haha). I also want to see MS really, really jealous. I wonder what she'd do.

• Like 8

I just finished watching the first 2 episodes. I love it and I can't wait for the next episode!! I need to be here and read comment or reactions about the show. :wub:  I love their chemistry! Loving the tension between the OTP whenever KMS is tying his necktie. 

I feel like the episode is short maybe because I enjoyed every second of it. I really love romcoms.:wub: I'm glad I watched the the first 2 episodes. This was not really on my list but I just had a feeling a while ago that it'll be good so I tried and I was not disappointed.

• Like 9

Oh, it's Profiler Woo, the sexy beast from Mystery Queen. 

Episode 1 is very similar to the webtoon. Every scene ends with a punchline that I feel it's a collection of sitcom vignettes. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@dramaninja, from what I can see he's in love with her but doesn't know that is the emotion he's feeling; it's one of the reasons for 9 years he hasn't been in a real relationship with a woman. She's also beginning to realize that she has feelings for him. They both have been focused on work and being professional, and keeping their romantic emotions at bay/buried for 9 years---but now it's surfacing. I can't wait until next weak when his jealousy come out. 

The clueless couple lol.  I think both of them are in love it's just that they are so used to being around each other that everything becomes plain work and ordinary. 

I wonder why Kim Mi So is keeping some pictures of him in some of her file folders.... ????  

I am really excited to see how their relationship will move forward in the coming episodes.  Sometimes you only realize the importance of someone when you are on the verge of losing that person

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

PS. The blind date is Park Byung Eun - Sang Goo from Because this is my first life?

Yeah I love him in that drama.... sooo funny and cute.

• Like 9

I loved everything about this drama :blush:...smart and capable woman and her interactions with mr aura a win win . The only thing that i did not like was the coffee maker, that is the most destructive and polluting product on the market ...so i will stick to the beautiful tea making Mi So does so effortlessly and everything else efficiently.

• Like 5

I m just loving this drama.. PMY's comeback is more than effective.. I m liking her chemistry with PSJ.. PSJ has always amazed me with his acting skills.. I just love the way he self adores himself, the perfect portrayal of a self centred person.. I m just soo into it.. He might not understand it but he had already made KMS an important part of his life n it is bound to develop into love.. Their 9 precious yrs of bonding is just soo endearing to watch.. I loved the flashback KMS n YJ.. That really showed how far they together improved in life that too for KMS it was long way.. I m just loving all the assumptions n the comic relief.. I m loving all the characters.. I m curious abt the past of YJ n the past of KMS.. The reason y she is scared of spiders n the reason he has nightmares of the woman.. We're they kidnapped together?? .. The perfect rom com with a hint of mystery!! I m also loving the parents of YJ who like KMS to their DIL.. 

• Like 5

Way to get your secretary from leaving. Why not propose LoL?! I'd marry him if my boss looked as hot/sexy as Park Seo-Joon:tongue: Whenever Young-Joon enters a scene it's like a BOSS commercial:D

I love this dialogue it cracked me up so HARD:w00t:

Young-Joon : Why are you so talkative today? 

Mi-So : I was only answering your questions. If there's nothing else, may I leave? 

Young-Joon : Goodbye:lol::lol:

I wonder what's that creepy nightmare Young-Joon had with the creepy Ahjumma with red lips & red heels....yikes:unsure: and aww~ to Young-Joon's "only two people aren't allowed to say I'm inconsiderate one is my older brother & the other is you, Kim Mi-So..." Which means HE CARES what Mi-So thinks of him YO LoL. 

Yes to more scenes of Park Seo-Joon in the shower!:w00t::wub: I really like Young-Joon's friend, the guy is freaking hilarious:lol: This boss & secretary romance reminds me of the KBS Jugglers:D also Tony Stark (yes Iron Man) with Pepper Potts. 

• Like 8

5 Things We Loved & 2 Things We Hated About The Premiere Of “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim”

Whats-Wrong-with-Secretary-Kim5.jpg

tvN’s new romantic comedy, “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” stars Park Seo Joon as the arrogant and vain vice president of a big company and Park Min Young as his secretary. There was a lot of anticipation leading up to this K-drama as it is based on a really popular webtoon. But, if anyone were able to pull off meeting expectations, it would be Park Seo Joon and Park Min Young, am I right? Here’s a look at five things we loved and two things we hated about the first two episodes of “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim.”

Warning: Spoilers ahead.

Spoiler

1. LOVED: How quickly the drama got into the meat of the plot

First episodes can be a hit or miss for me as it’s basically the episode where a lot of groundwork for the plot is made. What I thoroughly enjoyed about the first episode of this particular drama is that it went straight into Park Min Young’s character, Kim Mi So, quitting her job. There’s really not a moment to be bored, which I’m totally digging.

secretary-kim.png secretary-kim-1.png secretary-kim-2.png secretary-kim-3.png

2. LOVED: How Lee Young Joon was in love with Kim Mi So and he didn’t even know it

There are several hints made throughout the premier that show how Lee Young Joon had never been with another girl or dated another girl because he had his secretary by his side. He doesn’t seem to be bothered by the fact that he isn’t dating and this is probably because he has been in love with his secretary the whole time!

That’s what I’d like to think anyway. It’s cute.

secretary-kim-park-seo-joon1.pngsecretary-kim-park-seo-joon-1.png

He can’t even sleep when Kim Mi So quit. He’s in love!

secretary-kim-park-seo-joon.png

3. LOVED: The proposal

Yes, it is jumping the gun and it’s random, but it totally had me squealing at the end of the first episode. I couldn’t wait to watch the second episode!

4. LOVED: Lee Young Joon’s insistence that he’s amazing

Lee Young Joon is a character that many would dislike. He’s arrogant, selfish, and always gets his way, but rather than his character getting annoying, I found him to be pretty funny!

secretary-kim-park-seo-joon.jpg

secretary-kim-park-min-young.jpg

secretary-kim-park-seo-joon-park-min-you

secreatry-kim-park-seo-joon.jpg

When you don’t understand why she doesn’t want to be with you:

secretary-kim-park-seo-joon2.png

5. HATED: That creepy dream!

In the second episode, we get more of a glimpse into the history of Young Joon. He has some sort of freakish nightmare that revolves around a woman. We don’t know who this woman is yet, but the dream is creepy. I don’t even want to post a screen cap of it ’cause it had me that scared. Every arrogant chaebol in a K-drama has to have some sort of baggage, I suppose, but why’s it have to be so scary?!

Instead, here’s a screen cap of Young Joon the morning after he had that horrific dream:

secretary-kim-park-seo-joon-11.png

Better, right?

6. ALSO LOVED: This intimate neck-tie tying scene

It seems as though our selfish chaebol has a sensitive side. We know that he has some baggage with a mysterious woman, but he seems to have a soft-spot for Mi So, which I love!

7. HATE: Having to wait until next week to watch the next episode!

I loved the ending of episode 2. Mainly because it is such a sweet gesture for Young Joon to close down the amusement park just for Mi So, but also because it seems like Young Joon hasn’t given up on his secretary and wanting to date her.

secretary-kim-park-seo-joon3.pngsecretary-kim-park-min-young.png

I can’t wait until next week!

Catch the first episode of “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim”:..

Hey Soompiers, how are you liking “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” so far? Let me know in the comments below!

binahearts is a Soompi writer who can lately be seen obsessing over Jung Hae In, singing her heart out to BIGBANG at karaoke, walking her dog, or indulging in desserts. Make sure you follow binahearts on Instagram as she journeys through her latest Korean crazes!

SOOMPI

Viewers Upset with Poster Plagiarism Response from ‘What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” Drama

Ben Cho, June 7, 2018, 10:07 a.m.

Eagle-eyed viewers were recently upset with the response they received from the camp over at ‘What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim”! The drama itself has a very large fanbase, but one of the posters that was released has jeopardized viewers’ happiness. The poster shows a striking number of similarities to a photoshoot done previously by ‘Glamour’ magazine, featuring Ryan Reynolds and Elyse Taylor.

Spoiler

060718_secretary_kim_poster_01.jpg

When asked about the similarities tvN simply replied, ‘The poster in question is not the drama's main poster. It's an homage we gave to a reference and is only an online poster. We'll be more careful next time.’ Viewers are buying the excuse, and many have stated that a homage only works when everyone can easily recognize the original work. Viewers are still bitter that the broadcast network has just waved away the accusations rather than directly addressing it.

koogle.tv

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t post consecutively within an hour. Edit to add
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, plappi said:

Viewers Upset with Poster Plagiarism Response from ‘What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” Drama
koogle.tv

Why do they make it as a big fuss? In creativity, there is no a pure idea and it is one of some posters they have. It doesn't influence the story or the plot directly. What I consider about a drama is how far they can keep the consistency, the logical arrangements of events and actions, a detailed shooting scene, the actresses and actors's acting ability, etc. It shouldn't be a big problem for the drama.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

On 07/06/2018 at 8:59 PM, Dramanoona said:

@Ondine .. the BBQ and karaoke was not in the manhwa. So it will be fun as the PD and scriptwriter will have surprises and yet keep along the lines of the manhwa.

Don't know how Lee Tae Hwan will depict the brother, cos he is such an angsty player in the manhwa!

Is his character villian type in webtoon? :huh:

• Like 3

About the poster. It figures that once a drama starts making it big, there will be people looking to bring it down.

About Lee Tae Hwan's character - not the evil brother as such but there is tension between the brothers because of a past event. It's love/hate I would guess.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, saved2K said:

The clueless couple lol.  I think both of them are in love it's just that they are so used to being around each other that everything becomes plain work and ordinary. 

I wonder why Kim Mi So is keeping some pictures of him in some of her file folders.... ????  

I am really excited to see how their relationship will move forward in the coming episodes.  Sometimes you only realize the importance of someone when you are on the verge of losing that person

@saved2K, Yes they are cluelessly, cute...:lol:   In regards to Kim Mi So keeping some pictures of him in a folder, that is common practice in the corporate world. It's probably a "Publicity Folder"--snapshots taken at all the events he attends.

Like you, I'm very interested to see how their relationship progress.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

22 hours ago, lclarakl said:

@dramaninja, from what I can see he's in love with her but doesn't know that is the emotion he's feeling; it's one of the reasons for 9 years he hasn't been in a real relationship with a woman. She's also beginning to realize that she has feelings for him. They both have been focused on work and being professional, and keeping their romantic emotions at bay/buried for 9 years---but now it's surfacing. I can't wait until next weak when his jealousy come out. 

I agree @lclarakl, they both haven't realized they have feelings for each other. We find out in episode 2, that Lee Young Joon's business girlfriends would try to intimidate her and he would drop them like a hot potato. LOL LOL Which is a sign that he does respect her. 

Kim Mi Soo - - - > Her problem is beacause LYJ is narcissistic , that he is incapable of loving someone else. He is also rich, perfect and very mean. He spends so much time thinking about himself , that he doesn't know what she likes, her fears or her dreams.  

Lee Young Joon - - -> He likes Secretary Kim because she is honest , perfect and can defend herself. Ironically he molded her to be his mate without putting much effort to train her. She is the only woman he allows to touch him.  

Secretary Kim and LYJ lack something very important, it is  COMMUNICATION ON  THE PERSONAL LEVEL. They can communicate about business, contracts  and his schedule for business and personal life. He is also a workaholic and had no plans on getting married. KMS feels her clock is ticking meanwhile he is just content with his life. 

• Like 12