[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

"What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" Park Min-young Calls Park Seo-joon 'Oppa'

photo985666.jpg

On the latest episode of the tvN drama "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim", Kim Mi-so (Park Min-young) and Lee Young-joon (Park Seo-joon) had a pleasant conversation.

Lee Young-joon invited Kim Mi-so to his house. He said, "Night and Lee Young-joon arouses some sexy thoughts", but Mi-so said, "I don't have a wild imagination like you".

Kim Mi-so then called Lee Young-joon 'oppa', or 'older brother', a word that has serious romantic overtones in Korean. She said, "I just wanted to call you that before. Oppa". Lee Young-joon said, "You can keep calling me that. I'll let you". Mi-so replied, "Once is enough".

When she left, Young-joon said to himself, "Maybe I should have recorded that".

Source : star.moneytoday.co.kr...

• Like 13
  • LOL 2

Hello everyone! I know I'm quite late to the party, but hoping you can welcome me here.:) I don't usually venture outside of shipper threads, but I just had to share with everyone how much I'm appreciating this show and our main characters.

I haven't watched ep. 10 yet so my comment is more about ep. 9.

How fitting is it that episode 9 had a scene with "Communication Day"?? Because I am LOVING how YJ and MS openly and maturely communicate with each other. There are no petty or angsty mind games (except for the whole telepathy bit, which was still very cute). They are honest, earnest, and unafraid to say what is on his/her mind without saying spiteful words or walking out in a huff. Both have good arguments and valid points (especially regarding crossing the line between being professional at the office or being too rational for a couple in a brand new relationship) and they try their best to understand each other and the reasons behind each person's actions so the misunderstandings are settled like adults or completely avoided. In addition, this show illustrates their adjustment period from boss-secretary to bf-gf so well. Lots of cute and hot moments, but also serious discussions about their negotiables and non-negotiables.

Yes, YJ isn't completely honest about this big family secret or fair to MS for keeping it from her, but it's not the usual trope of noble idiocy. Because as someone already mentioned here, this whole situation is bigger than him. He's not doing it out of selfishness (it's actually the contrary) or simply to protect MS from bad memories. There are so many delicate layers to the issue that it will take a few episodes to peel off or take down the wall of secrecy. And the show's pace and direction allows for the unraveling of the mystery at a "realistic" pace for them and us. JY and MS are learning and dealing with the trauma true to their personalities and characters, but what's amazing is we see their growth as individuals and as a couple about to face this big hurdle together.

Gawd, I love this drama!!:wub:

• Like 14

@addikorean16 me too, I love the honesty and pacing and.. well I will sound like a broken record if I keep repeating all this. Welcome! I’m the opposite lol, I’m really enjoying the story and acting without feeling the need to ship this time round.

@kaoriharang I feel like that’s the way they’re going to go about it as well, which is nice cos then, a little more angst than webtoon but still manageable. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

This has got to be one of the best cameos! (:

Chingu, after watching EP 10. @lolly84 @triplem @bebebisous33@Yongzura@attriste@YourHighness .@vangsweetie637@Kasmic

Hide contents

I think that the woman is going to be the father's mistress. No?

Yes i think that too because the scene in ep 10 when the mother talked to her first son and the father came she looked at him in a strange way...

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, attriste said:

@addikorean16 me too, I love the honesty and pacing and.. well I will sound like a broken record if I keep repeating all this. Welcome! I’m the opposite lol, I’m really enjoying the story and acting without feeling the need to ship this time round.

@kaoriharang I feel like that’s the way they’re going to go about it as well, which is nice cos then, a little more angst than webtoon but still manageable. 

I think so too, so far I think if we go down that road you are right it could give more story compared to the webtoon.

3 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

Yes i think that too because the scene in ep 10 when the mother talked to her first son and the father came she looked at him in a strange way...

yeah if that is the case we may go with the novel version of backstory overall.

I wonder though if the mother told SY everything, like she may have clarified that he wasnt the one kidnapped but she may not have explained like who it was and all that right?

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

I think so too, so far I think if we go down that road you are right it could give more story compared to the webtoon.

yeah if that is the case we may go with the novel version of backstory overall.

I wonder though if the mother told SY everything, like she may have clarified that he wasnt the one kidnapped but she may not have explained like who it was and all that right?

Maybe YJ knows the whole story cause he is cold with his father from the start!!

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

Maybe YJ knows the whole story cause he is cold with his father from the start!!

Ah!!! Maybe!!! He has to since the kidnapper was blabbing all sorts of nonsense. 

Tsk the more I rewatch the more I’m getting gigglier over the whole virility issue and innuendoes. Guy must be desperate to prove he’s as healthy as can be bahahaah.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

Okay, watching with subs, I'm finally beginning to understand the trauma behind MS and YJ--this woman hung herself in front of them. So YJ told her it was just a spider. I thought it strange that MS wasn't expressing any trauma the way that YJ was. However, she was experiencing trauma, it was hiding behind her "fear of spiders"; hiding the hanging woman.

So now I have to wonder who this woman was that kidnapped them. As children, MS called her aunt, but YJ said she's not her aunt. However, there is some connection to this woman to make the family hide the truth. The brother has supressed his memory too--maybe to cope with his guilt in YJ's and MS' kidnapping. His memories could be due to the fact that he helped this woman--what he accused YJ of doing a few episodes back. I don't know, can't wait to see how this continues to unfold.

The drama, BTIMFL had a certain sentimental feel to it, I can see why the writer and director chose to have that couple play the parents and even used their theme music from the drama. It helped us viewers, when watching that scene, capture what the sisters must have felt remembering their parents--it brought back fond memories for me.

• Like 13

that time when young MIso bad timing exorcist-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif The feels. I missed them so much

dea16b49912d6bddf369cf8a36887329ee33d27bo is 

all i want do is 

339587e6aeacec771897b52748157b81c202a36f

here come our hero the dramatic music though ohh MY HEART He is so precious 

Spoiler

b20d8c044e09a569ca27da129f54be064a13d1b7

• Like 15
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, lolly84 said:

that is a possibility as well.

Maybe that could be also why the parent's relationship looks rather superficial at times right?

24 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

But anyone who read the novel? If drama is about the novel and webtoon i would like to know more elements about the novel...:D

I havent really read it, but I know the backstory of the novel. Most of the details, it doesnt defer much from the webtoon to be honest, most of the elements are the same

minus the lady's identity and I am not sure if the webtoon talks about SY's role in the kidnapping. If so, then the only difference is the lady's identity.

49 minutes ago, attriste said:

Ah!!! Maybe!!! He has to since the kidnapper was blabbing all sorts of nonsense. 

Tsk the more I rewatch the more I’m getting gigglier over the whole virility issue and innuendoes. Guy must be desperate to prove he’s as healthy as can be bahahaah.

that also could be the case, in the novel the lady is also rather mentally unstable as well.

So it could be blabbing as well.

• Like 12

4 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I am glad the sisters finally came around with Lee she just needed to spend time went him.

I understand now why she as acting that way.

Glad too.

It wasn't extended unnecessarily. 

Do we really have a villain in this drama?

Big brother is supposed to be the villain but I simply can't hate his character. Sometimes there is this lost look he portrays.

Looking for a xter to hate:P

• Like 9

Annyeong chingu deul

OMG episode 10 had me laughing so much. I think I like ep10 the best so far except that in the end Miso fainted in shock. But of course, I like the kissing scenes the best too :P Many thanks to @jeonghyang dongseng for all the animated gifs. I clicked like a mad woman to save all the kissing gifs. :rolleyes:

@saved2K @darr I'm enjoying Chansung's acting in this drama too. He's good. His acting is getting better now. Out of 2PM members, the best actor i like is Junho. But Taecyeon is my 2PM bias :D

@ohoheli dongseng are you joining the fun too to watch this great drama with us?

• Like 18

2 hours ago, darr said:

Glad too.

It wasn't extended unnecessarily. 

Do we really have a villain in this drama?

Big brother is supposed to be the villain but I simply can't hate his character. Sometimes there is this lost look he portrays.

Looking for a xter to hate

That's why I'm wondering what is up with the Big brother. I wonder if he's a child villain which caused YJ to get kidnapped in the first place. In one of the episodes, we learned that he fainted during dinner and lost his memory. I have to wonder if this was his brother's way of dealing with his actions; mentally telling himself that he was SJ (instead of YJ--his true identity); he was the one kidnapped because of his brother.

I have to wonder why the parents went alone with this for 24 years. I don't think there is any reason to carry on this lie for 24 years. It's like they tried to brainwash their own kids to believe a lie instead of he truth.

• Like 8