[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

12 hours ago, blademan said:

This scene genuinely made me sad :( 

Yoo Shik deserves happiness too!!!!

I think he will find it with his secretary. Nobody ruffle his feathers like her yet he hasn't sacked her. He might not just know it yet

Is the brothers case like when you continue telling a lie,it might eventually become the truth to u?

But mum said it's time to tell the kids the truth which means she has been aware that the first son has been lying. I know his brother said he was a bully when he was younger to him he must have bullied him that day too with his friends.

I'm interested in his condition medically.

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/videos. It slows down page load for everyone.
  • Like 9

tumblr_pbcu2ogD5W1vqfmslo4_400.giftumblr_pbcu2ogD5W1vqfmslo1_400.gif

VXrwmFc.gif

gvNacn7.gif

=======

“What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim” Surpasses Its Personal Best In Viewership Ratings Again

Spoiler

Park-Seo-Joon-Park-Min-Young3.png

What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” continues to garner more viewers!

The July 5 broadcast saw average nationwide ratings of 8.4 percent and peaked at 10.5 percent, according to Nielsen Korea. A personal best for the drama, it was first among all dramas that aired in the same time slot across both public broadcasting and cable channels.

The episode also was first among tvN’s target audience of those aged anywhere from 20 to 49 for the fifth week in a row with average viewership of 5.8 percent, with a peak at 7.4 percent. With “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” achieving a new personal best in ratings every week, many are interested to see how high it can go.

Spoiler

During this broadcast, Kim Mi So (Park Min Young) finally recalled everything about the kidnapping incident. This made her certain that Lee Young Joon (Park Seo Joon) was the other child who had been kidnapped and realized his brother Lee Sung Yeon (Lee Tae Hwan) had been distorting the truth for 24 years.

The episode also showed how Lee Young Joon made an effort to win over Kim Mi So’s sisters. Actors Lee Min Ki and Jung So Min also made a cameo appearance as Kim Mi So’s parents when they were younger in a touching memory that her and her sisters shared with Lee Young Joon.

Spoiler

Jung-So-Min-Lee-Min-Ki1.png

“What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim” airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 9:30 p.m KST./ Soompi

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, Ondine said:

Re: #2, I agree that Mi So deserves to know the truth, but I also kind of get why Young Joon keeps denying it. I think it's not just out of concern for Mi So, but it's also that he hasn't really worked out the trauma for himself yet. Also he's been keeping the lie all these years to keep his family's peace so it's not just her welfare that's at stake, and I don't think it would be that easy for him to just change that, even for her. I don't know if Mi So's flashes of remembrance at the end of the episode made it clear enough what their kidnapper eventually did, but in the webtoon Young Joon was the one who saw all of it clearly, and it's pretty messed up. I kind of get why he's making these choices, but I also agree that in the end it's best to be honest about everything, and they probably should get therapy to help them deal with the trauma.

@Ondine  I agree with you and @stroppyse said. YJ's fear of not facing his fears is what keeping from the world. I believe Mi So is the only who help him face his fears once and for all only when he is ready.  Look at how just he was able to save his future sister in law. Before he would have let her fall down  because he was so narcissistic. But now he is being more observant.  It took him awhile to figure out that YS had something on his mind and decided to listen to him. He is slowly changing and becoming a better person. 

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@attriste... In spoiler tag , can you please tell me if they showed us the viewers what LSY was typing on the computer. I haven't had the chance to watch episode 10 with subs yet??? 

I was hoping for a stronger reaction from LSY when he found out about he isn't the victim. I found it very irritating that instead of believing his own mother,  he chooses to go to Mi So for clarification. LSY mental health  and selfishness need to be readjusted. How can you walk to your brother's event because you have question that needs answers. He is so very selfish to only think of himself. If your trauma was so painful why would you bring it with someone who was also there and traumatized by it. smh smh smh 

Mianhe I haven’t watched the subbed eps too, I have a voiceover Chinese translator on the app I use livewatching but since it’s my 2nd language I usually wait for English subs to be out to do a full rewatch. 

Sigh, poor LTH, I think the show also doesn’t flesh out his role much. Read somewhere he got tips from MinYoung and SeoJoon over drinks, since he wasn’t very confident in the role..lol. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, darr said:

I think he will find it with his secretary. Nobody ruffle his feathers like her yet he hasn't sacked her. He might not just know it yet

Is the brothers case like when you continue telling a lie,it might eventually become the truth to u?

But mum said it's time to tell the kids the truth which means she has been aware that the first son has been lying. I know his brother said he was a bully when he was younger to him he must have bullied him that day too with his friends.

I'm interested in his condition medically.

I did LOL to your last sentence, Chingu. As if Seung Yeon needs medical assistance for real hahaha.

I love reading all the posts.

Each and everyone has her/his own speculations of who is the victim. Looking forward for a juicer episodes next week. I keep on repeating watching all the BTS and visiting the thread in between. 

Let us just see as to how sweet is the pink cotton candy MY mentioned during the interview. 

Good morning from VN! (8:31am)

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, attriste said:

Sigh, poor LTH, I think the show also doesn’t flesh out his role much. Read somewhere he got tips from MinYoung and SeoJoon over drinks, since he wasn’t very confident in the role..lol. 

@attriste   At least he gave it a chance to try something new. But a role like this is supposed to be complex and full of anger,  should have been a hint if he could pull it off. He also need acting experience to get better at acting and take some lessons. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@attriste   At least he gave it a chance to try something new. But a role like this is supposed to be complex and full of anger,  should have been a hint if he could pull it off. He also need acting experience to get better at acting and take some lessons. 

Right? Like YoungJoon is narcissistic but has complex layers of longing, trauma, love, loss, hardship underneath and Park Seo Joon manages to nail it. I also wonder if it’s just the screen time that exacerbated things, if you had 5 minutes to emote jealousy and anger and insecurity on top of a supposedly debonair writer... that’s not v much you can do unless you’re absolutely skilled in eye emoting like LTH’s 2 sunbaes. Or his on screen mother. She’s ditzy but I’m enjoying her shift from ditzy to fibbing to worry to resolutely deciding it was time to tell the truth.

@darr I think I died from stifling my laughter when Chansung decided to just lie there and say “surprise!!!!!” instead of trying to move along with the table hahahahahaha.

also lol at his bad rendition of his own song, and props to sec yang’s rl experience as a musical actor. 

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Pikachu92 said:

Maybe some people is not complaining, they're just don't think it would be fast like that. Because we can't predict about what will drama team will show for us right? Until Young Joon and Mi Soo marriage? Or Maybe until Mi Soo get pregnant? 

@kaoriharang I just think they will add some problem later,but i hope even though there's problem between Young Joon and Mi So don't have to break up or separate like in other drama

I just thinking Like in other drama,most of the drama have main problem for main lead relationship. And its became their problem to resolve that. And most of them break up in the moment like that for other shake. 

Since i've been reading the webtoon too, i wish they make the problem solve fast and show us until Young Joon and Mi So married and Mi So get pregnant.:D

Yeah me too,i hope there is no big problem for them instead of the past trauma

hmmm personally i dont think they will add any more problems chingu,

i dont think the story needs to be spiced up somemore when clearly there is still a lot to go.

well done WKS!!

19 minutes ago, attriste said:

Right? Like YoungJoon is narcissistic but has complex layers of longing, trauma, love, loss, hardship underneath and Park Seo Joon manages to nail it. I also wonder if it’s just the screen time that exacerbated things, if you had 5 minutes to emote jealousy and anger and insecurity on top of a supposedly debonair writer... that’s not v much you can do unless you’re absolutely skilled in eye emoting like LTH’s 2 sunbaes. Or his on screen mother. She’s ditzy but I’m enjoying her shift from ditzy to fibbing to worry to resolutely deciding it was time to tell the truth.

@darr I think I died from stifling my laughter when Chansung decided to just lie there and say “surprise!!!!!” instead of trying to move along with the table hahahahahaha.

also lol at his bad rendition of his own song, and props to sec yang’s rl experience as a musical actor. 

if there is one thing that I appreciate a lot from this drama/novel is the fact that YJ is not the A typical Kdrama male lead character.

He may come across as that, but YJ is someone who is really actually deep and is someone who understand the hardship and loss of life.

For a young boy to have gone through such a thing at such a young age and then eventually despite it all, become really amazing. It is a kudo all to him.

You are so right chingu, PSJ is absolutely flawless in his portrayal of YJ.

giphy.gif

• Like 15

Shipping everyone. The red lipstick girl with the bra pad hero man. The frugal workaholic with second secretary Kim. And of course our beloved OTP. This episode was great but I’m still confused what the whole mystery is behind what happened with the kidnapping and whatnot as well as why this is being kept a secret in the first place. I have a few theories one of them being like someone mentioned in an earlier post is that YJ is dealing with the trauma still. Maybe he’s even in denial and that’s why he’s never even spoken about it with his glasses friend. He would rather believe the lie himself that he was the one who left his brother because he doesn’t want to acknowledge and accept that he was the one that went through the kidnapping. Or/also he’s trying to protect Secretary Kim from getting back all her memories because he knows firsthand what really happened and ‘doesn’t want to make her cry again’ but obviously that didn’t work cause she still remembered anyways and for being mr perfect he should have thought far enough to expect such an inevitable when she’s been searching for oppa and reiterated countless of times how it’s important for her get all her memories back of that time. So the whole reasoning behind prolonging this reveal about what in the darn world happened is kinda iffy and a little of sloppy writing to me. Then again this isn’t the end of the show yet so I won’t jump to conclusions and my impression could very well change once we get the whole story. I just hope not to be disappointed or more confused than I already am now.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, attriste said:

Or his on screen mother. She’s ditzy but I’m enjoying her shift from ditzy to fibbing to worry to resolutely deciding it was time to tell the truth

@attriste.... You nailed, the actress playing her is very good. I have seen most of her dramas. She has performed all kinds of mother in kdrama. I enjoy watching her performance in each of her roles from dailies to regular drama..  She is very good at expressing her emotions on point. 

@philosophie  Annyeonghaseyo chingu 

I think the reason he doesn’t want to talk about it . Is because he would have to admit that his father had a affair and his mistress tried to kill his son. I remember a scene where the kidnapper mentioned ABEOJI. This from watching it raw. What do you think?

• Like 7

i just finished watching ep 10 with eng sub. All the characters emotions were on point and the their acting wow jjang! I laugh so hard, i cried and freaked out in one episode. Wow the best episode without so much intimate scene. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, kaoriharang said:

hmmm personally i dont think they will add any more problems chingu,

i dont think the story needs to be spiced up somemore when clearly there is still a lot to go.

Yeah just wait and see what will happen in the next episode, i hope the writer pick the best part of novel and webtoon. I wish they can add some episode like Waikiki..:D

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah watching with subs she is  just worry how much he suffered,so yeah I think next episode they just going to be really worry about each other.

Yeah, after watching it with english sub, it feels like KMS was just worried about him and she didn't want him to hide it from her. Also she'll probably tell LYJ to work things out with his hyung. 

I glad that even when they are slowly revealing their past, they still give us the funny of the other employees. Totally love Chansung's character, he's can surely do comedy roles. Also Bora and the other secretary guy is soo chessy but hilarious. :lol:

• Like 8

4 hours ago, darr said:

I think it's time chansung lands a lead role. He is doing very well here. Wanted to hate his character but the way he portray it is so amusing.

Yes....love Chansung here.  Wish he'd be given more challenging roles in the future but he did well in comedies so I don't mind seeing him again in another romcom

• Like 6