[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

3 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

so means we will have the revelation in the hospital like the novel and webtoon.

I am waiting for when all would be revealed.

Yes me too, give me the PSJ angst face! I'm totally waiting for it :D

• Like 12

PMY and PSJ must have cringed so hard after that finger heart & plucking the moon from the sky scene. I know I did. :P Since I've spoiled myself with the webtoon and I'm not into the side stories, episode 10 was pretty so-so for me.

I hope they put up the first BTS video tomorrow. Please give us two videos TVN!

• Like 8
  • LOL 4

3 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

Yeah me too.. i think this is will be revelead in episode 14 - 15, but i guess there's will be another problem between Young Joon and Mi Soo relationship insead of the past accident.

I hope its don't richard simmon thing,like in other drama one of them decided to leave him/her for their happinest.. :confounded:

I don't think they'll break up!! I really hope they will follow the webtoon... so we'll get an happy ever after!!!

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

Yeah me too.. i think this is will be revelead in episode 14 - 15, but i guess there's will be another problem between Young Joon and Mi Soo relationship insead of the past accident.

I hope its don't richard simmon thing,like in other drama one of them decided to leave him/her for their happinest.. :confounded:

i guess they heard some people complaining about the progress of the story, lols

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

1 minute ago, Ondine said:

PMY and PSJ must have cringed so hard after that finger heart & plucking the moon from the sky scene. I know I did. :P Since I've spoiled myself with the webtoon and I'm not into the side stories, episode 10 was pretty so-so for me.

I hope they put up the first BTS video tomorrow. Please give us two videos TVN!

Heehee yeah I was like that too, but learning to enjoy the drama flow. Today managed to weave filler with progression, so it was pretty good for me. And amazing because they still decided to do the reveal on ep10 when they could have draaaaaaaged even more. I liked almost all of it, except the finger hearts and plucking moon lmao I nearly choked. 

Im still amazed the writers decided to follow the webtoon pacing. 

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, dojoed said:

AHHHH I just missed like, everything, so here's my contribution for the night:

PREVIEW

Past Young-joon: Do you know I am?

Young-joon now: Get as far away from Mi-so as you can. She fainted because you weren't far away enough (?)

Mi-so: There's nothing in this world that you can hide forever. 

Also poor Pil-nam, Mal-hee, and Mi-so, now that we've seen how happy their family was before their mother passed away. CRIES

thanks for the translation of the preview...

i was wondering where you've been

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, dojoed said:

AHHHH I just missed like, everything, so here's my contribution for the night:

PREVIEW

Past Young-joon: Do you know I am?

Young-joon now: Get as far away from Mi-so as you can. She fainted because you weren't far away enough (?)

Mi-so: There's nothing in this world that you can hide forever. 

Also poor Pil-nam, Mal-hee, and Mi-so, now that we've seen how happy their family was before their mother passed away. CRIES

Thanx for the translation, so YJ is blaming his bro for making MS faint. No wonder he blindly walks out and face perhaps a truck of doom.... DARNIT I hope his ok.

16fb277788fb02efd833af4665129bab.png

And MS is so right. "Theres nothing in this world that you can hide forever" 

7d640cc4a112a7d1f91fba3ead591406.png

Im so glad MS is telling him off for hiding the truth. She might be angry at him for not telling her but she deserves to know even if she faints she can withstand it. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

This is the part in the webtoon where the flashbacks go on for at least like, five chapters, and I am so looking forward to the drama version of everything!! The best thing about Mi-so and Young-joon is that they don't really have misunderstandings for too long, in the webtoon or drama both, and I really hope they adapt this bit of the webtoon as faithfully as they can because it's frankly one of the best written parts to me!

• Like 14

Ahh it seems that we have really reached the middle of the drama. Has anyone noticed the change in tone of the cliffhangers since after Episode 8? After those two make out sessions, they now make our hearts hurt for our favorite couple. Out with the cheesy stuff (for now) and about time to face the elephant in the room.

By the way they have written this episode or at least by the way they are presenting it now, it seems that the parents of LYJ and LSY were significant accessories to LSY's false memories. The fact that the mom said something like "We should tell them the truth." can mean that they have been riding along with LSY's false memories and LYJ's false amnesia. Also, I love the brazenness in KMS statement at the hospital. (Again, that's my girl!!!) With KMS telling off LYJ to stop keeping secrets from her, I think LYJ will finally realize how important it is for them to face the trauma together especially because they are now a couple. I also think that KMS opening up about her family's past is a precedent to LYJ opening up about his.

I haven't read the webtoon, only summaries. But so far the drama writers have been using plot devices very smoothly. I'm excited to see how they will unfold the story further in the next episodes.

EDIT: I was talking about how LYJ's parents were accessories to LSY's false memories. Sorry for those who got confused and thought that I was talking about KMS' parents. Highlighted some edited parts for clarification.

• Like 12

9 minutes ago, attriste said:

Yes me too, give me the PSJ angst face! I'm totally waiting for it :D

yeah exactly,

I really quite like to see YJ in various emotions.

12 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

haha dont worry chingu, both in the webtoon and the novel there is not angst between the couple neither is there a break up like @lolly84 says.

so no worries

7 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

I don't think they'll break up!! I really hope they will follow the webtoon... so we'll get an happy ever after!!!

5 minutes ago, attriste said:

Heehee yeah I was like that too, but learning to enjoy the drama flow. Today managed to weave filler with progression, so it was pretty good for me. And amazing because they still decided to do the reveal on ep10 when they could have draaaaaaaged even more. I liked almost all of it, except the finger hearts and plucking moon lmao I nearly choked. 

Im still amazed the writers decided to follow the webtoon pacing. 

Overall, they are following both the novel and the webtoon pacing rather well.

I initially thought they would purposely put in extra drama to spice up the story but I think overall the pacing isnt too bad actually.

There is still other things that can be address.

3 minutes ago, nonski said:

thank you chingus for joining us tonight and  especially dongsaeng @jeonghyang and nae chingus @Kasmic and @kaoriharang for the scaps!

your welcome, I really didn't do much though. You three did the hard work.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

is a major part of their story they will only get closer together.

yes actually, as in there is of course the backstory but the focus is really their growth as a couple.

@attriste and @lolly84 may be able to comment a bit more (:

4 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Thanx for the translation, so YJ is blaming his bro for making MS faint. No wonder he blindly walks out and face perhaps a truck of doom.... DARNIT I hope his ok.

And MS is so right. "Theres nothing in this world that you can hide forever" 

Im so glad MS is telling him off for hiding the truth. She might be angry at him for not telling her but she deserves to know even if she faints she can withstand it. 

haha thanks for the screencaps chingu (:

giphy.gif

well in the novel or webtoon there is no death so SY wouldnt die.

I am glad finally soon the truth will be out, YJ needs to realise that he can't keep protecting her without letting her close to him. There can't be such a huge secret between them.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, nonski said:

Hey!! I am here.  I missed the beginning but I managed to see it from MS asking SY which picture is Oppa.  Omo what a night! 

I like it how even though MS already knew who is the right oppa, she decided to wait for YJ to remember / confess it.  hahaha, omo omo the almighty YJ asking advice from BFF on how to please MS family.  The part abt MS and her sisters went to countryside (their mother's bday) is not in webtoon, I really like this part as the writer added more depth to the webtoon, so the YJ ate the raw crab in the all you can eat way and felt sick and still wear that funny  ajussi outlook to pick the clams with MS....everything is sweet and show how YJ treasure MS. Glad he finally received the sister's acceptance.  MS then told YJ that I will wait for you to confess to me your painful memory!!!  What a heroine gf.  And then when YJ and MS went back for company showcase, I knew the drama would follow the webtoon on how MS fainted and remembers everything!  p.s. YJ mom finally decided its time to tell SY the truth, thats why SY asked MS at the showcase whether his memory is wrong. Looking at the preview, it follows the webtoon that YJ shoved SY to the wall and scolded him for being near MS which cause her fainted.....argh...another painful week of waiting. But does that mean more skinship next week after YJ admitted to MS that he is the oppa? no more hiding between them. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Pikachu92 said:

Naw there's plenty other stuff to settle..

Spoiler

Like I believe the further reveal will take up the next ep, then MiSo's dad will enter the picture and there's quite a bit of plot with him and YJ trying to get his approval,  then we have the whole office reveal of YJ/MiSo dating (which happens after some argument), then obviously cough the bed scene after the argument/ reveal, then we have President Park's ex-wife issues, then proposal and a wedding hopefully!

And all this still doesn't include the filler that they've built up the drama world with like Gwi-Nam Ji-Ah, Sec Kim-Sera..

The only way I think this can go more angsty is if SungYeon gets into an accident argh.

I'm glad they ended where they did- I thought it would end with the mum saying the reveal and end on that cliffhanger, phew.

7 minutes ago, dojoed said:

This is the part in the webtoon where the flashbacks go on for at least like, five chapters, and I am so looking forward to the drama version of everything!! The best thing about Mi-so and Young-joon is that they don't really have misunderstandings for too long, in the webtoon or drama both, and I really hope they adapt this bit of the webtoon as faithfully as they can because it's frankly one of the best written parts to me!

edit: YESSSSS. I liked it SO MUCH. and I wanna see how PSJ acts that telling of the story out, although its supposed to be flashbacks.

I'm happy MiSo got a little character change up with the revelation though and her realising so early on, and despite that respecting YoungJoon's secrecy.

Edited by attriste
  • Like 13

5 minutes ago, attriste said:

Naw there's plenty other stuff to settle..

Hide contents

Like I believe the further reveal will take up the next ep, then MiSo's dad will enter the picture and there's quite a bit of plot with him and YJ trying to get his approval,  then we have the whole office reveal of YJ/MiSo dating (which happens after some argument), then obviously cought the bed scene, then we have President Park's ex-wife issues, then proposal and a wedding hopefully!

And all this still doesn't include the filler that they've built up the drama world with like Gwi-Nam Ji-Ah, Sec Kim-Sera..

The only way I think this can go more angsty is if SungYeon gets into an accident argh.

I'm glad they ended where they did- I thought it would end with the mum saying the reveal and end on that cliffhanger, phew.

oh also

will the identity of the woman be revealed as well?

Spoiler

yes most definitely there is still a bit more.

We are definitely going to see more open office romance, plus haha as you said bed scene ^^ (will we get one?!)
definitely we need the wedding and poor Mr Park, I want him to be happy too.

But SY doesnt end in an accident right? I dont remember that in the novel or webtoon though.

Yeah I rather liked how they ended tonight's episode.

5 minutes ago, ayoko094 said:

But will his brother die? Did someone read webtoon?

in the novel he doesnt die.

• Like 8

Thanks for all recapers!! :wub:

-rant lil bit, it might trigger you, dont read it lol-

This eps is so intense but I want to see our otp! I dont mind if they want to progressing the story but why they need to reduce our otp screentime? I think even the officers have more screentime than kms and lyj. The main atraction of this drama is both of leads after all they need to focus on them

I'm sorry to say this but I really dont feel lee tae hwan acting at all, I can't connect emotionally with him because his expression is really lacking (I'm sure knetz will haunt him again), I'm worried about his acting in the next eps. .

• Like 8