[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

6 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

to clarify.

YJ answered to the name Seung Hyun, not Seung Yeon.

YJ's original name was Seung Hyun but after what happened, he decided to change his name. MS never knew that YJ changed his name.

Until she recalled YJ's mother saying Hyun - when talking about the kidnapping. And since siblings names are often similar she suspected that YJ's name is Seung Hyun since his brother is Seung Yeon.

So she called out Seung Hyun Oppa and YJ responded to the name, thus confirming her suspicions. That the oppa she has been looking for is YJ, or at least that YJ's name is Seung Hyun at least.

As for are the parents going along with the memory swap, to some extent yes. They don't correct SY's feelings and memories and they carry on the idea that YJ really did lose his memories. But they know that in reality YJ was the one who was kidnapped and SY with the false memories.

They just don't know that YJ faked the memory loss.

Chingu i have a question. Dramawiki report Lee Sung Yun as Young Joon brother... they're wrong with the names?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

I know the webtoon is

Reveal hidden contents

the mother right? or am i mistaken

I know the novel is YJ, like you mention chingu.

no worries sadly I tried to find the 30 second preview but nothing..

hmm, well we shall see how it would develop.

I personally dont think all would be revealed by tomorrow, i suspect at least another 2 more episodes?

The Chinese version has been deleting the important parts so from my memory it

Spoiler

was YJ soliloquying on how she came to be the only one for him, and then told his real side of the story, as she slept in the hospital (not knowing she did hear, and then she calls him Sung Hyun oppa again and he finally deigns to break the mask), but before that SungYeon has already been admonished by his mum to stop the nonsense and she tells him the truth. Then the brothers get into a scuffle outside the hospital room before MiSo wakes. Was there actually a scene where MiSo and the mum sit together for the reveal? My brains are eluding me haahha.

• Like 12

preview for next ep.

MS – I hope you don’t worry too much
YS – When you meet her family, just put your hands together…Ah ye ye ye ye.
YJ – Well, you heard that rich people are worse (stingier or do more), I am like that. I have a lot of meat inside.
MS – Who is Oppa between these two pictures?
MS – Oppa
YJ – Aup!
YJ – I am going to give assurance to your sisters, so don’t worry anymore. Don’t cry from now on.

credit: Dramamilk

• Like 11

Even though I can never catch the live, always thankful for @nonski for calling us out. :D

Thanks for the recap, also thanks to @jeonghyang @SeGafanlady @dojoed and anyone else I missed. It's always great to get onto the thread with live recap, pictures, gifs and everything.

Today's episode is just filled with amazing lovey dovey scene. I'm scared that we're going to get into all these then it's going to jump us into a hard rock bottom, where KMS will now try to figure out who is her real oppa. I hope it flows nicely and don't become draggy and frustrating. 

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

Chingu i have a question. Dramawiki report Lee Sung Yun as Young Joon brother... they're wrong with the names?

ah you mean the name and spelling?

Whats-Wrong-with-Secretary-Kim-character

It is just a difference in spelling I guess.

It should be Sung Yeon and Sung Hyun

• Like 10

1 minute ago, lolly84 said:

Understood!! Thanks!!

No worries - happy to help.

Sadly it seems that tvN would not be uploading the clips on youtube yet :(

I can't wait around - it is late over here. I need to sleep.

SO to whoever would be posting the clips thank you in advance!!

giphy.gif

• Like 13

3 hours ago, sharsharphee said:

It's getting all HOT in the cabinet!!!

OMG what a kiss, hot, hot, hotcrazy-monkey-emoticon-121.gif I do not need to go see the fireworks today, I need subs.

3 hours ago, jaslinnj said:

I love it when the heroine thinks for herself! She did not wait for someone to tell her the truth. 

So many kdramas where the heroine have to be handed information on a plate. LOVE KIM MI SO!!!

Me too, I hate those scenes where someone tells the heroine the truth, she gets upset, blah, blah, blah... @UnniSarah I'm so happy that she figured it out. She isn't all caught up in that you made me look like a fool mindset. She is going to try to understand why instead. magic-right-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif

I love Kim Mi So too.

3 hours ago, jeonghyang said:

- LAP KISS -

vEZUI7a.gif&key=067b2d3d1ff6c35c5e07a3f1

CR: @jeonghyang

dead-onion-head-emoticon.gif

• Like 10
  • LOL 3

29 minutes ago, imels said:

it's not just kissing but making out!

Hi, i guess I can't stay away too. Certified lurker for all Minyoung's dramas.:D

Ehem.. i think after been badmouthed by her sisters about his 'ability' he needed to prove something right ........... kkk

About their names - it's  too similar 이성현 (Lee Seung Hyun) and the brother, Lee Seung Yeon) 이성연  - even their classmates teased them about their names - too confusing. And as you guess the brother totally hated it - not only they were in the class and also the almost similar names too. Being teased and associated to his cocky younger brother with almost similar name really got on his nerves.

My guess - About the ending, the joke played by his friend, President Park and Miso earlier will come handy for him, sort of blessing in disguise for Young Joon, he could just claim he always answers 'wae' in his sleep to all questions. Too early for the issue to be fully clarified. It's no longer just about her own memories but also a skeleton in his family.

• Like 12

Hi there!

Haven't read the novel nor the webtoon. :mellow:

I just want to clarify some things: 

1. Why did Sung Yeon did not remember his past? 

2. If Young-Joon was the kidnapped kid? Why Sung-Yeon has some memories about the kidnap case?

3. Does Young-Joon remember his past? Or he was really traumatized then forgot them all? 

I am really eager to know these. The curiosity is getting into my nerves. 

Hahaha! :wub:

Thanks guys.  

Edited by iamcelestine
  • Like 6

I've concluded that I don't need a substantial plot. I can just live with hours on end of sweet OTP moments. We probably all saw this coming but omg boyfriend YJ is clingy AF. I love it. :wub: But my favorite part was when he was hiding in her closet and listening to all the trash talk MS's sisters were doing. Especially when the sister mentioned his inability to kiss and sexual dysfunction and he looked down towards his private area. :joy: But I'm sure MS knows YJ doesn't have problems in that aspect cus that kiss afterwards was  ( ͡º ͜ʖ ͡º). MS better start singing praises for her bf in front of her family cus they just think he's rich trash right now. Poor puppy.

For tomorrow's episode, I wonder how YJ's gonna win over MS's family. I think he would have to do something epic like if MS trips and falls over and he throws his entire body to cushion her fall without caring about his own safety, getting hurt in the process... god, I'm cliche. Or this drama's big point is communication so he might just have an honest heart-to-heart with them to explain his sincere intentions with MS.

• Like 9
  • LOL 6

SURPRISE

somehow I am still awake :P

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, iamcelestine said:

Hi there!

Haven't read the novel nor the webtoon. :mellow:

I just want to clarify some things: 

1. Why did Sung Yeon did not remember his past? 

2. If Young-Joon was the kidnapped kid? Why Sung-Yeon has some memories about the kidnap case?

3. Does Young-Joon remember his past? Or he was really traumatized then forgot them all? 

I am really eager to know these. The curiosity is getting into my nerves. 

Hahaha! :wub:

Thanks guys.  

1. Seung Yeon is YJ's brother. When you talk about past, you are asking why does he believe that he was the one that was kidnapped?

if that is your question - the reason is that SY is a mentally weak child.

Spoiler

YJ since young has been incredibly outstanding as such YJ easily outshine SY. As such SY was always envious and jealous of SY. As such SY never liked YJ. Through the kidnapping, SY somehow changed his memories - he believes instead of him bullying YJ and YJ being kidnapped. He believes it was him that was bullied and kidnapped.

As to how such a thing happen, it is because SY is mentally sick.

2. Yes YJ was the one that was kidnapped. SY's memories of the kidnapping is very superficial. If you look carefully at the image of his nightmares, he only remembers the outside of the house and the lady. Why?

Spoiler

because he witness YJ being taken away by the lady and the location of where YJ was taken to.

3. Yes YJ remembers everything that happened to him. He only pretended to forget in order to restore peace in his family.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, kaoriharang said:

Done posting all the videos!
tvN sure took their own sweet time to upload them :D Now I can go to bed ^^

Lol! I'm wide awake and can watch the episode, just waiting for english subs.

Seems like KMS has figured it out that LYJ is her oppa, she just needs to piece everything together. Let's hope the hyung doesn't get all paranoid and go crazy on them. 

• Like 9