[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

From an ordinary young man who has no career advancement, if he does not experience bad things in life and does not meet her. He is an ordinary man who is not stable at all. Fortunately, he has a family and friends who give warm support. He has the motivation to succeed in his career.:thumbsup:

Credit to instagram familiarwife.tvn

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Irony right? Reminds me again about this quote: (goes for both main leads)

"Who do you turn to when the only person in the world that can stop you from crying,

is exactly the one making you cry" - unknown author-

I do not think this drama is about apology, revenge, punishment or even who's right and wrong.

Its about self reflection, its about over see bad moments and remember the good ones, its about being grateful and thankful. 

And most importantly team work and communication.

To be honest the matching meter for both Wj and Jhyuk are too far apart. Wj was seen to be quite upbeat, hyper, wild, aggressive, determine whereby Jhyuk is everything she is not. They can work out because its a drama :P.

i actually enjoyed all episode most probably because i don't expect much but to focussing on the hilarious happy scenes.

They react were in sync with each other, they had me laughing out loud :joy:

EtZcj7Z.gif

This scene is so touching

oPdvYOQ.gif 

Spoiler

My only wish is that if i could only have some lovey dovey scene of JHoo and his wife.

i love the scene of him and WJ giving signals, they are quick witted.:lol: The moment he said he could win some point from his wife is so cheeky LOL

q8iXlHa.gif

Ohh this bonus gif:

Wj Omma says, she don't care if you don't like this drama..ner..ner..ner..ner twsZomX.gif

TjQM5BI.gif

Sang Sik had me cried and laughing at the same time :sweat_smile:. They are the best couple in this drama :innocent:

1sk5dSd.gif

After reading updates on ep.16 from chingus earlier, i kinda get where its going. So this is my last reply. 

Until we meet again next time.

Cya :mrgreen: chingus :heart:

I have not watched the last two episodes and will wait until the weekend to do so.  My plans are to comment on the end of this drama on Monday.  

I have enjoyed the ride with all of you; great premise, great writing, acting, and directing.  Kudos to the entire cast, writing staff, and production team.

Awww....that moment where JH is with his friends, and starts giving advice to his friend with the marriage problems. Because he knows what he's talking about. He really does. I love it that going back in time not only helped him, but also his friend (who I believe was having marriage problems in the first timeline.)

Also, the game console. It's hard to truly surprise a guy who has gone back in time twice. That showed that things really, truly changed for them.

I went from strongly disliking both of them to feeling so happy and proud of all that they did to learn and grow and change. This is something that really makes me love kdramas, this one and others--the fact that people CAN learn from their mistakes. They CAN change, and make a new future and a new and better "them." 

What a every satisfying ending:wub: i was watching with a big smile on my face. Ji sung and han ji min's chemistry is phenomenal even if the drama is too wholesome lol. Thank u writernim and to the whole cast for a wonderful drama. This is one of those dramas that i will treasure:wub:

5 hours ago, Tasia said:

Sorry, I need to ask somebody... I am really curious...

Who's travelling through the toll gate when JH kissed WJ that night on episode 15?

Or is it just JH's memory?

From my understanding, he is someone who is desperate as joo hyuk. As the doomsayer man said, he picked joo hyuk before because he looks desparate. Same as woo jin's mom when her husband died. So basically it is a cycle. He will see men and women who are desparate and will try to change their lives with their what ifs:)

i will miss waiting for wednesdays and thursdays because of this drama. A very good drama overall. Till we meet again in another thread chinggus:D

Thank you ji sung for the wonderful chemistry you have with our ji min:wub:

•  
  •  
  •  

Ji Sung Talks About “Familiar Wife” Finale And On-Screen Wife Han Ji Min

Ji Sung Talks About “Familiar Wife” Finale And On-Screen Wife Han Ji Min

Sep 21, 2018
by jinaleee

After tvN’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Familiar Wife” aired its finale on September 20, Ji Sung sat down for an interview and opened up to talk about his feelings on the drama’s conclusion and his co-actor Han Ji Min.

Ji Sung said, “I need to get over these feelings of frustration. I posted a photo of our drama set in the hopes that it stays forever on my social media. I’m sure that these bittersweet feelings will turn into good memories.”

He also didn’t forget to thank Han Ji Min. “She is a really straightforward person. We had good chemistry while acting together. If I did this, she did that. It was perfect. Even scenes that weren’t very funny became funny while we were acting them out. Words can’t describe how thankful I am to her. Since we were married this whole time, she can be like my sister from now on.”

He also mentioned his role in the movie “Feng Shui, saying, “I feel the same towards any project. But this time, I started to work on a different piece right after completing another one. I did feel exhausted, but I thought that I shouldn’t feel tired because it will all become good memories after I finish everything.”

He expressed his thanks towards his fans. “I should have promoted the film better, but I just didn’t have time because of I had to film the drama. ‘Feng Shui’ is released, and I’ll probably attend stage greetings. When the movie [is no longer in cinemas] , I’ll start to miss those busy times. So please watch the film a lot and remember it.”

That was more like it! While Episode 15 frustrated me, Episode 16 made me quite happy. I'm glad we got a chance to see JH and WJ making their marriage work this time. I really enjoyed this drama. I hope Ji Sung and HJM can work together again some day because they really did have great chemistry. Probably my favorite Ji Sung pairing to date. 

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and comments in this forums throughout the drama. I enjoyed reading them :)
It's a very satisfying ending for me~ I love seeing the change in JH and WJ..they worked together to solve a problem instead of blaming one another (e.g: when the kids weren't being picked up and JH needed to attend the test). 

I'm gonna miss seeing Ji Sung and Han Ji Min and also all the supporting casts. This is I think the first drama where I don't mind watching the side characters' story. 

Until next time chingus! 

well i guess the writer ended the drama pretty well, she did delivered "the message" though. well done!:blush:

here are some updates from some the actors

Spoiler

i don't think anyone has post this last BTS,

well it's been a good time reading all your comments guys!! Really! :lol:

Hello everyone,

Greetings from Singapore.

I just found out this soompi site forum.

I loved this Familiar Wife drama so much.

May i know what kind of year end Drama award can the

actor/actress get from acting in TVN dramas?

When i search on the net, i can only see drama awards from

SBS, KBS and MBC.

Thanks!

Aaawww it's over. Pretty satisfied with the ending especially that my favourite couple end up together, Sang Sik crying at their wedding was so cute. 

I liked their little squad am glad they all happy and have each other to lean on. JH need to bring his misses out to join the squad

Great reading the comments. Take care lovelies.

@capricorni there's no year end awards for cable channels unfortunately. Only public channels like sbs, mbc and kbs. That is the only downside of having dramas with cable channels:)

a good way to end our thread:

•  
  •  

“Familiar Wife” Cast Shares Their Final Remarks As They Bid Farewell To Their Drama

“Familiar Wife” Cast Shares Their Final Remarks As They Bid Farewell To Their Drama

Sep 23, 2018
by jeeelim5

tvN’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Familiar Wife” recently came to an end, and the cast shared their thoughts as they bid the project farewell.

Han-Ji-Min3.jpg

Han Ji Min took on the role of Seo Woo Jin, a hardworking mother who was doing her best to balance work life and raising her children. She stated, “Many people loved our drama, and I’m so grateful that I was able to show a new side of myself. It was such a happy time for me.” The actress also shared photos taken with the cast and wrote the caption, “Thank you so, so much for watching and loving ‘Familiar Wife.’ I laughed and cried through Seo Woo Jin and learned about love and relationships. Cha Joo Hyuk and Seo Woo Jin will sometimes bicker and clash, but I believe they are sharing a sweet life together, trying to be more understanding of each other. I hope that’s what it will be like for our viewers as well.”

Ji-Sung3.jpg

Playing her husband Cha Joo Hyuk was Ji Sung, who was praised for his portrayal of his character. He stated, “I’m so grateful we were able to finish filming with no troubles. It’s bittersweet to have to say goodbye, but every beginning has an end and every greeting has a goodbye.” After a pause, he added, “Thank you. Every time I work on a drama, I do my best to live up to people’s expectations, and nothing makes me happier than when our viewers enjoy what I do and feel happiness from it. That is my one and only happiness.”

VIXX-N1.jpg

VIXX’s N took on the role of Kim Hwan, a troublemaker at his bank but someone who was inexperienced but sincere about love. Through Jellyfish Entertainment, N said, “Even when I received the script for the last episode, I still couldn’t believe it was almost over. It was only when I was watching the 15th episode that I realized there was just one episode left, and it made me feel a little sad. That’s how special and precious ‘Familiar Wife’ has been for me. I want to thank the cast and crew for believing in me and making my time on set so fun. I learned so much, and I want to sincerely thank the viewers for watching over Kim Hwan. I won’t forget ‘Familiar Wife’ or Kim Hwan for a long time.”

Kang-Han-Na1.jpg

Kang Han Na played the role of Lee Hye Won, Cha Joo Hyuk’s first love. She stated, “We started filming in spring and summer has passed and we’ve completed our drama in the fall. My time as Hye Won has given me lots of laughs. I’m grateful to have met such a great team, and I’ve been so happy receiving so much love from viewers. We hope the happy vibes from our drama reached our viewers. Please remember us for a long time, and I wish happiness for everyone.”

Lee-Yoo-Jin.jpg

Playing Jung Hyun Soo, who had eyes for no one but Lee Hye Won, was Lee Yoo Jin. He stated, “Through ‘Familiar Wife,’ I was able to play the character Jung Hyun Soo and he has made me so happy. I will remember it forever as an unforgettable and precious experience. It has been a great honor to work with a director, screenwriter, cast, and crew whose passion was as hot as the sun. Thank you for loving ‘Familiar Wife.’ Though it’s sad to say goodbye, I will do my best to return with another great project and character.”

Jang-Seung-Jo1.jpg

Jang Seung Jo had great chemistry with Ji Sung as Yoon Jong Hoo, and he stated, “I’m happy to have played Yoon Jong Hoo in ‘Familiar Wife’ because he brought me lots of laughter and taught me a lot. At the start of the drama, I shared my hopes that we’d make viewers want to come to our bank with our great performances, and I’m grateful to hear that many people felt that way. Though I miss Yoon Jong Hoo already, I’ll give him a good sendoff. Thank you for loving ‘Familiar Wife’ and Yoon Jong Hoo.”

“Familiar Wife” came to an end on September 20, and it will be followed up by “The Smile Has Left Your Eyes.”

On 9/22/2018 at 2:01 PM, richelle said:

Ji min cried in their last bts:wub: she must have loved this drama and the whole cast. I hope she can work with them in the future again. Great drama, thank you writernim and pdnim. Great to be in this thread. Till next time chinggus:D

Keke Ji Min always cried in her last set because she always have great friendship with everyone from front to back during the long period and she will miss them alots.

Archived