[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@qynn  , @raynsity I believed Edward Kang was her first love in college during Joo Hyuk's first successful time travel. She didn't have any memories of him. I assumed she went to the same college the second timeline and met Edward Kang. Things happened when it meant to happen.

Overall, the episode is very entertaining, without any twists until the end. I felt like it the calm before the storm. Can't wait to see what happen next. The rating dropped a bit. I was hoping we would reach a solid 9% for the drama. It deserves more.

2 hours ago, Kooslee said:

I believed Edward Kang was her first love in college during Joo Hyuk's first successful time travel. She didn't have any memories of him. I assumed she went to the same college the second timeline and met Edward Kang. Things happened when it meant to happen.

It does make more sense if it happened in timeline 2...I was wondering like others as well how JJS could be her first love in this timeline. 

I'm also glad like some chingus here that we get to see how married life will be for WJ and JH. Seems like ep 16 tension will be because WJ has higher position than JH~~but pleaseeee no more scary fightings writer-nim..and give them a very very happy ending. 

I'm also loving the friendship between the 3 boys (+2girls). The three of them really have distinctly different characters but it's so lovely to see them interact with each others. Funnily, Jong Hoo's wife has never really been pictured to be part of the group, unlike JH's sister and WJ. 

Last episode tonight :tears::tears: 

Note: Did they just make a reference to Jealousy Incarnate when JH was referred to as 'incarnation of jealousy'? :D But jealousy incarnate wasn't broadcasted by Tvn though~~

Our last preview  :bawling:

YJH – Stop stop stop! I saw this scenario a lot. We have a very good couple swindler.
SW – You should do well on the test. It will apply more than 30% for the next promotion.
BH – Seo Woo Jin is promoted to team leader!
BH – I was thinking of buying this or not.
BH – Well it is only for above team leader level.
WJ – Be quiet
JH – Where are you, are you picking up the kids now?
WJ – (5 texts, 11 missed calls)
Wj – Oh my gosh!

Credit: Dramamilk

It seems like they're gonna exchange their roles :lol:

Am I the only one who's mind gets boggled by the husband's feeling towards his children and his sister's kid? Just finished watching ep 14 and I still can't get over the thought of him completely ignoring the knowledge of his kids from the original life, which makes me question, did he love his kids?. I mean, i don't have kids but I have nieces and nephews. I can't imagine not loving, caring and thinking of them even if I change my life like him.  As for his wife, she doesn't really know her original life except some feelings, so it is understandable that she doesn't think of her kids but for him it's different, he knows everything. I understand that he doesn't want the wife to have the same life but he can change things and he knows it. I don't know maybe i'm not fully understanding what's up here.

The cameo of jjs makes sense to me because woo jin has her memories in the 2nd timeline. So for those 12 years, she went to college and have him as her first love. As joo hyuk said, if he didn't alter their present, he should have been woo jin's first love. I think we can only expect of light and breezy scenes for the final 2 episodes which i do enjoy since most of the conflicts are already resolved. I hope the writer can have tie it up really nicely. Can't wait for tonight:wub:

Their roles are reversed lol. So joo hyuk will feel what woo jin has felt but on a lighter note since they do not have money problems as well as the health issue of mom. This would be interesting. Please be good writernim:D

Yes i agree with @richelle.  It will be the 1st love of the 2nd timeline for WJ.  As she do not know JH yet.  3rd timeline should not deviate alots for WJ from 2nd timeline although she has no memory.  Because JH avoided her in 3rd timelime so in the time travelling universe whatever happening should remain as per 2nd timeline.  Also i like to see jealous JH. :D

I thought 15 is so cute and lovable episode.  Maybe i enjoyed fluffy stuff. :wub:

^wahhhh they look great with their kids:wub: one episode of them interacting and living with their kids would be the best. The kids are just so cute. We'll have a warm final episode:wub:

From soompi:

Ji Sung And Han Ji Min Go To Work With Their Adorable Kids In “Familiar Wife”

Sep 20, 2018
by yshin

Familiar Wife” is nearing its end.

On September 20, tvN’s “Familiar Wife” released still images of Ji Sung and Han Ji Min ahead of the show’s final episode.

In the previous episodes, Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin began their relationship again after realizing how important they were to each other. Though their dates and shows of jealousy were normal enough, Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin’s daily life filled them with happiness. The two became a couple again after an amusement park proposal.

In the released photos, the two face their new reality and head to work with their kids. Ji Sung carries two kids in his arms while wearing a look of steely determination. Next to him, Han Ji Min smiles brightly as she holds hands with one child and carries the other in her arms. Although this reality is definitely different from their past where they would fight constantly, there is still something that has changed in Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin.

Ji-Sung-Han-Ji-Min-2.jpg

Viewers are curious to see the new future after Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin’s realization that the problems in their lives weren’t due to other people or the environment, but were something they had to confidently face themselves.

The production staff stated, “Ji Sung and Han Ji Min, who have evoked feelings of empathy all this time, will make their way towards reality in a ‘Joo Hyuk-like’ and ‘Woo Jin-like’ way. All of the viewers are waiting for the conclusion that will contain both feelings of sympathy and romance. Please stay tuned for the final episode of the ‘If’ romance that will unfold through ‘Familiar Wife.'”

16 minutes ago, aisling said:

Anybody watched it live??? How did it end?

The live stream links were very unstable, had to refresh a lot and only got better like the last 15 mins.  Ended with WJ and JH going on a movie date,  where JH cried out loud like a baby to WJ's embarrassment :lol:. They then took a walk hand-in-hand at their university. They began imagining things in the future like going to their son's kindergarten graduation,  their kids first boyfriend and girlfriend, and the inevitable horror of their son choosing his gf over WJ haha..  :lol:

Then they hugged and i forgot their conversation. Series ended here 

Elsewhere,  JH ended up getting promoted too and something good happened to him that they all celebrated later at SS-JE's restaurant. 

Oh, seems like my second favourite pair of Kim Hwan-HS also ended up together,  though i only caught a glimpse of the scene of them smiling at each other. 

What else?  Mom offered to babysit the kids so that WJ-JH can go on a date. They politely declined but she insisted. Sorry,  this happened before the end scene.  

20 minutes ago, qynn said:

I was expecting Familiar Wife to get a reward vacation, but I haven't heard anything about it. TVN has given one to several dramas this year with lower ratings than Familiar Wife. 

Not sure about other cast.  But dont think ji sung will be going unless his family is coming along because he hasnt been spending time with them as much as he wanted.

:wub:

Credit to author

Archived