[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

At woo jin's age, she could have dated in the past too but it seems she has no dating experience. With how beautiful and easy going she is, so many might have shown some interest to her but those dreams and memories for sure have made her feel that she already have loved someone. I think it is not the sickness of her mother that prevents her to date. It is because of those dreams/memories that seemed so real. It only changed when she met joo hyuk. She is feeling that spark and those small gestures make her heart race. The problem is joo hyuk is already married. That attraction is the reason why she will give jong hoo a chance just to let go of whatever feelings she has for joo hyuk. Both of them actually will suffer since they can't do anything with their feelings in the current timeline. We'll see how their love will stand the test of joo hyuk being married and her choosing jong hoo:)

Han ji min posted a picture of her and ji sung in a scene for tonight. Their chemistry is just amazing:wub:

Episode 7 in less than 2 hours, can't wait:D

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, bluesoul7 said:

Ep 8 Preview: 

http://www.tving.com/pick/player/P/PKP-3509

It seems like Joo Hyuk will go back to the original timeline :lol:  I have no idea about how the story will proceed :lol:

It would be unexpected if he does go back to the original timeline this early in the drama, but I don't trust promos so it could be a fake out. 

1 minute ago, qynn said:

It would be unexpected if he does go back to the original timeline this early in the drama, but I don't trust promos so it could be a fake out. 

Yeah, I was fooled once :sweatingbullets: Actually, I hope he won't :lol: It's too early writer-nim  :D 

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

It could be he can see her but she cant see him type situation, maybe he will understand her much more.

I dont think they both know what each other truly went though.

He returned to the original timeline. He saw himself and saw his wife, he only looked at. Can not do anything He would suffer because he could not change the past. I think the writer may refer to the theory of time. Back to the past, but can not change anything.

16 hours ago, nidcha202 said:

Now it seems that Woo Jin is not ready to open her mind to Jong Hoo. Her feelings are like she once loved one person. But she still can not find the answer to her. I think the deepest part of her heart is still with the man she dreams she has married with him, it makes her happy, but she can not remember his face every time she dreams. Every time she meets Joo Hyuk or close to him, it makes her confused. The more he touches her, the more warmth in her heart it feels like the more she wants to find her own answer. I want Woo Jin to date Jong Hoo not want her to fall in love. With Joo Hyuk, it's too soon. It is not right in the matter of morality. I think Joo Hyuk And now he is aware and appreciates her in the day he truly loses her. Because of his abandonment of his wife and children. In his selfishness It's almost late for him. For Woo Jin, I do not want her to suffer from the past to the present. If she regains her memories in the past. Her life in the past, she is lonely, although she has a current family, she has a mother to care for, but she still has a solitary life. She has a poor life It makes me heavy in my heart.

I cannot wait until tonight's episode.

@nidcha202

I can understand how you feel; however, since this is a different timeline, I will call it the "what" if timeline, Joo Hyuk never married Woo Jin.  Since he was transported from the original timeline, he remembers their love, their courtship, their marriage, she does not.  In the "what if" universe, they never married; therefore, there aren't any children. 

So far we've only witnessed Joo Hyuk's shortcomings and how he contributed to their unhappiness, we have not seen Woo Jin's shortcomings and how she contributed to their unhappiness.  I cannot take sides, because I do not know the entire story.  What did she do to contribute to him tuning out of the marriage?  We know that they once loved each other very much.  They both had a responsibility to make the marriage work.  Therefore, what is her contribution to the failure of their marriage?  The writer has not revealed this to us yet.  We do know that her mother said "paraphrasing" that Woo Jin was always snappy with Joo Hyuk. (My interpretation - she constantly nagged, and was impatient with him.)  Perhaps Joo Hyuk felt that regardless of he did for WJ, he could not do anything right.  As I see it both were suffering in that marriage.  I am glad that JH could finally see he faults, his shortcomings, and remember when and why he loved Woo Jin.  As I said before, I understand your point of view; however, I do not know think he should be punished or suffer.  If two people who love each other can stay married, and find a way to have a happy marriage, I am all for it.  If stepping into an alternate reality (a "what if" timeline) helps JH to see his shortcomings and remember why he loved WJ, my thoughts are whatever works.  I am sure more marriages would work if the couples were able to remember why they loved each other.   

Cheer up, :)Woo Jin's life is not so unhappy, as she said her mother is adorable and instead being a caregiver for her mother, her mother is her caregiver.  

Even if he is going to the original time line, i doubt that it'd happened in tomorrow ep. 

https://twitter.com/8l7l5l2l000/status/1032395581799378945

tvN #아는와이프 #FamiliarWife 6.506%

Rating went down a bit, but it is still very good.  I think usually there would be a slight drop on rating  for the first day.

For me, it was always a treat to see Joo Hyuk interacted with this MIL.  Hopefully, we get to see more of her and Joo Hyuk's parents.  I wish the trip was a little longer.  We get to see more of the three couples.  Joo Hyuk's jealousy is still in full swings, but he isn't going out of his way to sabobage his friend.  I can feel his pains and regrets now.  

His first kiss with the familiar wife was sweet, and innocent in a way.  To me, it is very fitting with the situation.  Thank goodness.  There wasn't a force kiss, or your typical fish wide eye kiss. I want to see more flashback of Woo Jin and Joo Hyuk and more Jong Hoo and Woo Jin in the current time line.  :P

I also really like the cinematography of this drama.  For this episode, I love the lighting during the kiss scene, and the lush green of trees  while Joo Hyuk reminiscing about his first kiss.  He just looked so lonely. 

I really liked Episode 7. Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin's mom were once again a highlight. Woo Jin and Jong Hoo are cute but Woo Jin isn't all in. I like that Joo Hyuk wasn't happy about Woo Jin and Jong Hoo's relationship but mostly sucked it up. His frantic search for the fever reducer showed that Woo Jin is the wife in his heart.

I really like the OSTs. 

Love Roy Kim’s “Why Didn’t I Know”; with Roy Kim’s soothing voice against the soft, melodic piano rendition :wub:

OST will be available from 6pmKST today, 23 Aug. Can’t wait to get it! 

Ratings dropped a little, but it is still staying strong, with Ep 7 nationwide at 6.506%, Seoul at 7.445%. 

@Kooslee Agree with you about the cinematography. I especially like the kiss scene - the colors are so romantic and beautiful!

Their first kiss is so romantic:wub: add in the nice ost from roy kim. I need to watch it again when i get home. ratings is still good, usually the thursday epiaode has a higher rating. their love story really has a rich history. No wonder they will never forget each other whatever timeline they would be:wub:

On 8/19/2018 at 6:34 AM, Wotad said:

Everything you said about KH i can re send back to WJ she is a bad wife as well.

@Wotad, You are correct that the responsibility for the breakdown of their marriage belongs to both JH and WJ.  As stated before, they both needed to take the time and communicate their wants and needs and then support each other for the marriage to work.  I think WJ and JH were just so overwhelmed with work and trying to balance the things going on in their individual lives, that they failed to consider what they each were going through.  As a woman, I empathize with WJ and her situation.  I was also a full time working mother with two children and had the majority of the responsibility for the household and children along with having to work.  Thankfully, I did not have any issues with a parent to deal with on top of that.  My husband worked a full time job and once he came home, he was finished for the day.  I believe a woman's work is never done unless they are fortunate enough to have a husband who helps with cleaning, cooking, laundry and taking care of the children.  That kind of husband is hard to find.  

[Preview Notice] for Episode 8 says - In order to return to his wife, JH wants badly to return to the past again. But, at the same time, for the sake of WJ’s happiness, he finds himself working hard to promote the development of the relationship between her and JongHo. On the day of WJ’s father’s death anniversary, WJ’s mother suddenly disappeared. WJ frantically searches for her mother, and when she found her missing mother, there was someone next to her....

Ooh..I am getting really curious about this “person” standing next to WJ’s mom. My guess is that it’s either JH or the mysterious man in the train. Haha..part of me wonder if the Writer is working in subtly elements of “unseen forces” (WJ’s father’s death anniversary) into the supernatural time travel aspects of JH trying to change the past, only to find that his real love lies with WJ and he’s now desperately trying to see how he can unravel that to change back to his original reality. 

Re the fact that WJ’s mother can remember JH, I think it is the Writer’s clever way of fitting her Alzheimer’s into the story. People who suffer from Alzheimer’s tend to retain their memories of the past that is further back while forgetting the more recent ones. So to WJ’s mom, her memory of the past is that before JH’s time travel. Unlike everyone else whose pasts have been altered by JH, for WJ’s mom whose memory did not flow with time, the unaltered past remains etched and intact in her memory. 

I agree that joo hyuk's and his MIL's scenes are both funny and touching. Woo jin's mom knows how joo hyuk has been the source of strength for both of them. And she also knows that it is not easy to get along with woo jin since she tends to keep everything inside and it is only joo hyuk who can really love and understand her. I can see that the visit made by woo jin's mom will create future issues. I bet once some gossip starts about woo jin and joo hyuk, hye won will do all her might to have woo jin out of the bank. That is when joo hyuk will make her promise to woo jin, to always protect her. Ost no. 3 is just so nice. Very fitting to the love history of wj and jh:wub: episode 8 coming up:D

I don't think jh will go back to again to the past, it is still too early.

I also noticed they already have finished shooting way early. Scenes in the trailer are in episodes 7. It means they will not suffer live shooting. That is good so the quality of the scenes will not be affected:D

One question, is the fever reducer shown a PPL lol

Archived