[Drama 2018] Terius Behind Me/ My Secret Terius 내 뒤에 테리우스

larus

Biggest shout out to JIS. Oh she's not just a pretty face. One of the underrated but super talented actresses. I loved loved loved her in Naked Fireman. She was so good in Waikiki. But Terius is her breakthrough. She cries right. She makes a believable single mother. Her emotion projections are spot on but effortless. I hope we get Season 2 so that we can see she explores romance further with SJS, because trust me, if this is Oh My Venus, she might be delivering it better than SMA (not to discredit SMA, she was fantastic) but even with ultra limited skinship, JIS chemistry with SJS is so natural, effortless., heart-fluttering :wub:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gahhh I’m having massive withdrawal syndrome

Terius Behind Me” And “Heart Surgeons” Finales Enjoy Boost In Viewership Ratings

Nov 16, 2018
by E. Cha

MBC’s “Terius Behind Me” and SBS’s “Heart Surgeons” both ended with a bang!

According to Nielsen Korea, the November 15 finale of “Terius Behind Me” achieved the drama’s highest viewership ratings yet. The broadcast scored average nationwide ratings of 9.8 percent and 10.5 percent for its two parts (10.5 percent and 11.0 percent in the Seoul metropolitan area), breaking the record set by the drama’s previous broadcast on November 14.

The final episode of “Terius Behind Me” also performed well with the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, maintaining first place in its time slot with ratings of 5.3 percent and 5.9 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1264063wpp/terius-behind-heart-surgeons-finales-enjoy-boost-viewership-ratings

11 hours ago, thistle said:

It is safe to breathe.

Just posted about this above:  JYT is not dead.  His fake death is to keep him safe.  Bon got him a new identity, and now JYT is running a coffee shop somewhere.

Bon get himself a handsome little brother. A narcissistic Wang Min Nam who named his shop Handsome Man coffee shop. muahahah!!

I am having a withdrawal syndrome already. I just finished watching Episode 31-32. I think I have to stop watching K drama for a while.

Seung Gi appa and Terius doing kko ko. I laughed so hard at this scene. Also, I love cute scene between Bon and Joon Joon. Playing hairdresser and doctor. :lol:

1 hour ago, junejungki said:

I just wish I can buy one from lazada online :lol:

I snorted! :lol:

Handsome Man Coffee Shop scene. Two girlfriends walk in, laughing.

One of the girls, to the owner: "Do you not have a menu?"
JYT dramatically turns his handsomeness around in slow-mo: "I am the menu!"

With the look he gave them, for real I thought that's what he was gonna say! What's wrong with me?! :lol:

I was so happy in EP31 that JinYongTae get out the car of evil Voice before this one knew whole situation but the 10 last seconds preview for the last episode just sent JYT fan me back in panic mode :unsure:

And then MBC stills with "lost consciousness" comment as they did for drama Shigan :anguished:

PSX_20181116_010039.jpg?type=w800

And then spoiler abt the crematorium scene :astonished::cry:

I really thought it was over:bawling:

But finally handsome man coffeeshop spoiler popped up :open_mouth::grin::joy:

All this before watching episode itself :joy: and you know what? I cried while watching anyway :bawling:  and again reading live made breakhearted  comments :joy: 

:wub: and the bromance scenes , Mr Bon giving JYT his false ID a brother status :lol: my heart 

PSX_20181115_221106.jpg?type=w800

Just one thing that bothered me it was for JinYongTae memorial picture they used his Go Back Couple interview picture :hushed: :joy: I couldn't but laugh yes at this scene 

Anyway in which occasion would JYT take such a cute attitude picture :lol:

How am I gonna do from now without this drama :tears::lol:

IMG_20181115_221614_085.jpg?type=w800

I'm so going to miss JinYongTae , ha ha how to get used to his new name :sweatingbullets: maybe if season2

@triplemThank you for posting comments translation about Son HoJun , we don't have many information on his new role in Jtbc drama Dazzling but I hope it will be an interesting char too 

@stroppyse thanks too, I will try to find youtube links for bts ( I don't really use Youtube , slow connection not adapted...) but already I'm interested in understanding what was said in his Insta post .... But there aren't captions so not practical maybe ? 

Spoiler

Anyway thank you all Terius drama thread readers for all your messages, it felt really more enjoyable to follow the drama together :D

Wrap-up party : he was late because filming but he was there, back to Son HoJun himself mode obviously:D 

Spoiler

IMG_20181116_001132_809.jpg?type=w800

I'm kinda sad. 

I'm not sad because Terius is over.  I really enjoyed the show, and I felt thoroughly satisfied with the way things ended.  It made sense to me, and it followed the general tone of the show.  The action was bold but the emotion was subtle; that gave some interesting texture to the drama.  And the ending was was a gentle way to tie up the romance.  I liked that very much because it suited the characters (who were, surprisingly, a little shy) and their situations, especially because it gave them the extra time they needed to find closure for the grief they had felt for their former partners.  They were ready to begin anew together and to get to know one another much better.

Instead, I'm sad because so many people are angry now because they didn't get what they wanted.  And I wonder why I seem to have seen something so very different in the same show than others must have done.  Maybe I missed something vital, or maybe I'm just naive in believing in a pure love that doesn't mind waiting and doesn't need to show everything unless it is called for in the pattern of the drama and in the essence of the characters.  I couldn't imagine it for Bon and AR.

Here's hoping that the next drama leaves everyone happy.

6 hours ago, Jonah Kyle said:

My watercolor: "Bromance"

If you would like the full-sized copy, let me know. I also consider requests from scenes from any show you like!

@Jonah Kyle :) if some other scenes from Terius inspired you, particularly BonTae bromance or JYT scenes :sweatingbullets:

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

@littlerain, for your love of bromance from this drama, I've done one more clip translation from the final episode for you. It's cute. I hope you enjoy

JYT turns, dazzling the women with his good looks.)

:joy: 

se3_ani_1542402779958_a.gif?type=w800

Spoiler

:sweatingbullets: I would like to say customers reaction was mine but sorry WangMiNam I prefer JYT hairstyle / color :joy:

Wait, dazzling new drama title :joy: a hint ?

Spoiler

Well if it's a hint not on his next char aura if I understood well description :sweatingbullets::joy:

:D thanks for this initiative I liked these scenes :wub: as usual in Terius mode it brings us different feelings, here emo-funny or funny-cute-lonely... Writer, casts and staff did awesome work

I liked several scenes of those last 2 episodes if you feel inspired again :rolleyes:

Meanwhile I could find easily BTS links on Naver too by the way if ok?

So the Insta post talked about teeth :joy: I would never have guessed , thanks again, too bad no longer video so we might never be sure who she's talking about...

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I figured most people prefer to watch with subs rather than just read translations. I'll see what I can do about posting more clip translations. :)

If you find a Naver BTS link, that would be fine.

:o I didn't think of that... I like to read scenes dialogues / script as if it was a novel but it may not interest other people than me :sweatingbullets: I understand~

About the BTS first coming to my mind is goodbye video

https://m.tv.naver.com/v/4533248

or coffee shop scene practice but it's on Insta :sweatingbullets:

@stroppyse..kamsahanida for the translation dear chinggu. I did watch the subbed version but sometimes I prefer your translations (ever since FIS..hehe) because you literally translate them word per word, which sometimes makes more sense in understanding the underlying context of the scene..thank you again..

Ok..just watched the subbed (yes, it took me that long since I am still "mourning" over the no kiss thingy..hahaha)

Anyway, I think I figure out about the last scene. I agree with those who think the whole set up was done by both Chief Kwon and Bon. It is obvious that Chief Kwon would have continuously communicate with Bon the whole time he was on that mission in Poland. Hence, the minute the mission was completed, Chief Kwon wanted to give him the next mission which would involve AR.  But since Bon was missing AR so much (it was like 1 year since they last saw each other, of course he missed her so very much :love:), he asked Chief Kwon to convey the details of the mission to both him and AR together in Seoul, rather than he is the one telling her. later. And then, he asked Chief Kwon to grant him a favour, that is to set up the whole mission-giving thingy so that he can surprise and meet AR at the Namsan Tower. He can asked that favour since Chief Kwon owed him a lot..hehehe.. Hence, that's why we get the whole elaborate set up for AR to take the bag and go to Namsan Tower and why Bon seemed oblivious about the content of the bag..tadaaa...hehehe :D

Anyway, after that last scene, I sincerely hope there is at least a movie for the NY mission..jeball.,,but I also hope the PD would rope in another Writer to write the spy stuffs since I dont think spying details is the Writer's forte (I mean, who still gives mission in a card, printed with large font anymore these days, in a old-fashion briefcase to add in ? Come on. Digital era please. After all Samsung is one of the sponsors, right?...hehehe)

BTW, i think this PD/ Writer or both are fans of  KES or the PD directing KES's works. The way Bon appeared every time he fetch JJ from the school bus resembles the way SJK walked when SHK first arrived on the foreign land in Descendent of the Sun, the maple leaf is so Goblin  and the pretend wedding rings is so Mr Sunshine..and of course, the no kiss is Mr Sunshine all over again...hahahaha

p/s..just to note here. I can understand why some people are somewhat "angry" about the ending. Especially to romance buff like me, who started any drama, expecting the chemistry between the leads to "explode" with visual act of love (which include kissing). Even when the drama is in different genre (crime, melo, horror..etc..), I have the same expectation. It is also a form of escapism, at least for me, after going through harsh reality almost everyday, such expectation for any drama will bring joy, especially if it really tailor to the individual needs (which we know it will be impossible, of course). HOWEVER, i totally get it for those who also think the ending is just perfect and rather satisfactory since the drama has actually created a bit of conflict between the OTP due to the time frame between the death of the husband and the start of a new love. Whatever it is, each individual reserve the right for their own preferences and opinions of how the perfect ending should be. Hence, I agree with and respect both sides actually. IMHO, no opinion/ comments are wrong here as everyone has their own preferences. If we look at the bigger picture, the ending actually leave a magnitude of space for everyone to imagine any kind of perfect ending for the OTP (although, as I said this many times, I am not too keen about this kind of ending especially the fact that this year alone, there are too many dramas require me to imagine the perfect ending on my own..my brain just don't have enough space for it anymore..hahahaha). So, let's chill ya chinggus...in the end, I think most of us enjoy the drama immensely for the context, the cute interactions between the main leads (Bon, AR and JJ), the witty ways of the KIS, the surprising but adorable bromances and probably a little bit of the spy stuffs..hehehe..#justmy2cents

And as I said before, I have enjoyed totally all the posts here in this thread. Kamsahanida! :love:..see you guys in another thread..

After watching the last episodes with subtitles. I  have to say that my admiration to So Ji Sub and Jung In Sung grew deeper. They were able to create such romance without skinship... 

i would say now that it was a good ending, a happy one. 

The writer was quite meticulous to even have the scene of Seung Gi’s dad bought red shoes for his wife. We had doubts about her because there was a scene where a pair of red shoes were shown inside his house... and apparently it’s because she just loved those kind of shoes...

Also how Joon Joon on first episodes refused to brush teeth. And then on last episodes they’re brushing teeth and washing hands etc. And when they’re bigger, they’re even able to get ready before Ae Rin finished getting ready. 

And how the KIS team revealed to Bon n Ae Rin about K. And how they were inviting Chef Kwon to become KIS member...

and finally the Namsan Mojito scene. The emotions the actings the words were just so beautiful that I think that the series was wrapped up beautifully. 

Now I sincerely thanks for the ride, Terius Behind Me... a beautiful family spy drama :wub: Even now my kids want me to give them kko kko. 

I am glad I can see this forum is alive... 

Hugs to all. 

:lol: if you want to take a coffee at WangMiNam coffeeshop this blog found it 

NaverBlog_20181117_084645_01.jpg?type=w4

NaverBlog_20181117_084652_07.jpg?type=w4

Spoiler

NaverBlog_20181117_084656_13.jpg?type=w4

Blog on naver

MiNam wasn't there maybe because of his last charity coffee event :lol:

Spoiler

52926_123469_5348.jpg

There people can enjoy the Seoul city view NamSan cablecar outside too :)

NaverBlog_20181117_084655_11.jpg?type=w4

Spoiler

Me if I go I will stay inside and admire WangMiNam drinking coffee :joy: fan can keep dreaming~se3_ani_1542403356802_a.gif?type=w800

Spoiler

Not his name on coffeeshop anyway (of course), maybe working in team somehow with his brother now

:lol:

10 minutes ago, littlerain said:

MiNam wasn't there maybe because of his last charity coffee event :lol:

That's really too bad....:lol:

I think I'm having a withdrawal already... don't feel like catching up on other dramas, thinking that there will be no more Bon to watch next week. Although I have other dramas for Weds-Thurs, this is the one that I look forward to the most. It will be so different and I believe I will feel so lost come Weds night for live streaming :(

I really really hope there will be at least a movie soon, although I just remember JIS might be busy for Waikiki season 2? Really missing the gang at KIS... even Kwon moved to live there too :P I can't imagine how Mi Nam is living without his new friends... no wonder he said it's boring at the coffee shop.

Hi, just drop by to say that im finally finished watching the last two episode! And i think i start to like the ending a lil bit now, eventho a simple kiss would be nice but it's okay ive moved on alr lol. Plus they just met again after a year so to suddenly kiss would be so out of place imo. And like @Tasia said, sjs and jis are indeed great for able to create such romance without much skinship. Just from their eyes and smile is enough to convey their inner feeling. Even without a single kiss and bed scene i could feel that their relationship is deeper. (cc to those who still think jis is not suit to be paired with sjs)

Btw like @inna75 said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you think the ending is cute and you like it, thats fine. If you think the ending is bad and you hate it, thats also fine. Feel free to share it here chingu:)

33 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I just remember JIS might be busy for Waikiki season 2? 

She wont be joining waikiki season 2 so i guess she wont be too busy as of now. But if terius is really having a 2nd season or a movie i think the latest they will announce it is around 2nd half of 2019 next year.

7 hours ago, thistle said:

I'm kinda sad. 

I'm not sad because Terius is over.  I really enjoyed the show, and I felt thoroughly satisfied with the way things ended.  It made sense to me, and it followed the general tone of the show.  The action was bold but the emotion was subtle; that gave some interesting texture to the drama.  And the ending was was a gentle way to tie up the romance.  I liked that very much because it suited the characters (who were, surprisingly, a little shy) and their situations, especially because it gave them the extra time they needed to find closure for the grief they had felt for their former partners.  They were ready to begin anew together and to get to know one another much better.

Instead, I'm sad because so many people are angry now because they didn't get what they wanted.  And I wonder why I seem to have seen something so very different in the same show than others must have done.  Maybe I missed something vital, or maybe I'm just naive in believing in a pure love that doesn't mind waiting and doesn't need to show everything unless it is called for in the pattern of the drama and in the essence of the characters.  I couldn't imagine it for Bon and AR.

Here's hoping that the next drama leaves everyone happy.

I am guilty of wishing for a kiss between them at the end, or even a hug, but I am perfectly fine with the ending and I love it too. It fits the tone of the drama and the characters. Especially after rewatch, I am reminded that they are both matured adult whose relationship goal (I believe) is more of emotional companionship instead of physical satisfaction. For me, their more-than-friends relationship is confirmed when Bon gave AR the ko-ko. And then the hug by the beach also. 

The only thing I wish they would change is the ko-ko he gave Seunggi's appa. As funny as it is, I wished the ko-ko is something exclusive for our little family. KSR can ask for it, but I'd rather Bon find an excuse not to do it.

Archived