Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Terius Behind Me/ My Secret Terius 내 뒤에 테리우스

Thank you for translating the clip at the beach @stroppyse I always love your translation best because you include the nuances of the dialogue so that we, who are at the mercy of subs, can understand much better what actually transpired between the characters.

One :heart: sticker for you. :)

• Like 8

Thank you @stroppyse for all the translations.  I love reading them even though the subs are available.  I find korean language is not as easy as it seems to be.  I have to be honest that i compare the subs with your translations and from there i will know which sites that are reliable.  :)

Thank you again :heart:

• Like 7

i hope aerin, the twins and kim bon can go back to king’s castle and live there.. i really love the interaction between them and KIS members. the drama is fun because of them lol.. imagine having such loyal friends/neighbours in real life..how great would life be.. 

after all this mess, maybe aerin and kimbon can set up an investigation agency and be private investigators and live happily ever after... i hope they dont stay in jeju..  :phew:

• Like 7

Random observations.

I couldn't work out what was weird about Yoon and the other female agent riding in the car. Yup. What was weird is that this is the first time I have seen backseat passengers wearing a seatbelt.

In the WHOLE beach which has NO seating, we have Kim Bon plonked down on a bench which is not fitted to anything. Which can be carted away. Yes I did check that it was put above the high tide level.

Does that mean if Clara Choi died that means she wasn't the Special Forces cook's wife?

And did Ae Rin grieve harder for Kim Bon than her husband of like at least 8 years?

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

9 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Random observations.

And did Ae Rin grieve harder for Kim Bon than her husband of like at least 8 years?

yepp the only thing in the drama that bugged me is the fact they hardly mentioned the husband after he died. if he was dead for a few years already i would understand but as we discussed earlier, only 2 months had passed..

when bon left, the twins asked about him often but they hrdly asked about the father after aerin said he went to work in the heaven.. so the role of the husband/father is less important than the babysitter? that seems a bit off for me :o

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

13 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

when bon left, the twins asked about him often but they hrdly asked about the father after aerin said he went to work in the heaven.. so the role of the husband/father is less important than the babysitter? that seems a bit off for me :o

This happens when a parent is not close or spend enough time with their children.  So it is not something off in real life.  I assume that the relationship between the twins and their father is not very close.  The main caregiver is aerin.  Also Bon spends alot of time entertaining and attend to them hence the attachment.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

yepp the only thing in the drama that bugged me is the fact they hardly mentioned the husband after he died. if he was dead for a few years already i would understand but as we discussed earlier, only 2 months had passed..

There is this term called father absense or absent father (?) in psychology which leads to children's emotional problem as they are growing up. Father is still living but hardly around the family. 

I am not a psychologist but I have seen first hand how children are more attached to their caregiver truly happening around me. Where I come from, many families use the service of nannies, some rich families even have one nanny for each of their children. Sometimes it is because the parents are busy, but I have seen families where the mother actually stayed home, but have nannies take care of the kids, while she is busy with herself. Most of these kids look for their nannies more often than their parents. They are more emotionally attached to their nannies, to the point of throwing tantrums and rebelling when the nannies quit. Yes, I've seen some such cases first hand. 

It is a sad situation but nonetheless a very real situation in some places. Which is why I don't have a hard time at all seeing JJ twins more attached to Bon than their father. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i hope aerin, the twins and kim bon can go back to king’s castle and live there.. i really love the interaction between them and KIS members. the drama is fun because of them lol.. imagine having such loyal friends/neighbours in real life..how great would life be.. 

after all this mess, maybe aerin and kimbon can set up an investigation agency and be private investigators and live happily ever after... i hope they dont stay in jeju..  :phew:

Yes agreed... king castle held so many memories for them and also for us viewers. And yep the highlight there is having such a loyal friends/neighbours like kis. And not gonna lie the first thing that bother me when aerin decided to move to jeju for a while is her kis friends as aerin cant see them during the time she's in jeju :tears: and when i first heard aerin gonna sell her apartment, i am like noooo dont sell ittttt pleaseee. Glad she cancel the selling afterwards. 

Btw no naver translation for yesterday episode yet? Abt the hug scene perhaps?

And agree with both @ktcjdrama and @zba72... what i can assumed from earlier ep, her husband is someone that more devoted with his work and always came home late at night and probably when the children slept alr. Thus the time that he's devoting for his children might only during weekends (or only during the time he's reading for them a bedtime stories but this is not enough for the children that age, they need more affection and attention than that). But im not blaming him either. Afterall he did that to feed his own family but maybe bc of that the children felt a bit of gap with their own father while for Bon, eventho his time with the children is short (compared to the father) but we can clearly see he left such a great impact to joon-joon lives (the twins even become more discipline now). This might be greater than what their own father could give during those 6-8 years.

So again, im not surprised with how joon-joon care more abt Bon compared to their father. Kid loves attention and affection and that what Bon is continuosly giving right now and then.

• Like 8

I have reached the snoring part. Did the writer meant for it to be funny?

I don't think so. Are we to infer that he is so comfortable with them that he let his guard down for the first time in 3 yrs? And is completely exhausted?

Another thing niggling at me.

Regarding the deceased husband, if he left before kids went to school and come after bedtime, it means he saw them less than 5hrs Mon to Fri. Then if he worked on the weekends. Or did not do daddy things with them their interaction is minimal. I remember 2 of the dads in Superman Returns said they came on the show to spend more time with the children. One was that soccer player dad who seems to be based in the Middle East. 

That's why the goose fathers always made me sad just even thinking about them.

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

13 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Are we to infer that he is so comfortable with them that he let his guard down for the first time in 3 yrs? And is completely exhausted?

I think beside the exhaustion, he does feel comfortable and able to let his guard down around them, or rather, he chose to not put up any guard with them. Since everybody thought he is dead, he probably didn't have any reason to be on guard too. 

Although AR's mother was the one who invited him to stay over, she was also the one who told him to go ahead sleep somewhere else he feels more comfortable but please come back in the morning for breakfast together. At this "clearance to leave", Bon could have chosen to just do so but instead he chose to sleep over anyway, when no one else insisted further for him to stay the night. 

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I don't think so. Are we to infer that he is so comfortable with them that he let his guard down for the first time in 3 yrs? And is completely exhausted?

We know very little of KB.  We only know that he is a very good exNIS agent who is efficient and good at what he does.  My take is that the writer is trying to show us that he is just like any of us despite his abilities.  Aerin and family is slowly getting him out of his shell.   

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think beside the exhaustion, he does feel comfortable and able to let his guard down around them, or rather, he chose to not put up any guard with them. Since everybody thought he is dead, he probably didn't have any reason to be on guard too. 

Although AR's mother was the one who invited him to stay over, she was also the one who told him to go ahead sleep somewhere else he feels more comfortable but please come back in the morning for breakfast together. At this "clearance to leave", Bon could have chosen to just do so but instead he chose to sleep over anyway, when no one else insisted further for him to stay the night. 

I think you are right.

Bon has always been on the edge. The fear of discovery. The fact he may be killed and no one would know.

In Jeju, he was sleeping in the same room as three other adults and to snore would mean you have totally relaxed your guard.

And how cute it was that little Joon was sound asleep and had his leg thrown over Bon's. My awwww moment.

• Like 16

Oh wait, after rewatching latest episode, i think i know why aerin didnt call either Bon or Yoo. Bc at that moment, she remember Bon once said to her that she will be put in more danger the more secret she know. I think from his words, she got an instinct that yoo and Bon know alr abt her husband being a witness to sungsoo's death. Thus making her cant trust them a bit maybe (bc they kept it a secret to her).

Or another reason is, she might be so curious to know what is inside the usb after eunha told her that even her husband death information is also there to the point that she forgot to report such a crucial thing to either Bon and Yoo first.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

There is this term called father absense or absent father (?) in psychology which leads to children's emotional problem as they are growing up. Father is still living but hardly around the family. 

I am not a psychologist but I have seen first hand how children are more attached to their caregiver truly happening around me. Where I come from, many families use the service of nannies, some rich families even have one nanny for each of their children. Sometimes it is because the parents are busy, but I have seen families where the mother actually stayed home, but have nannies take care of the kids, while she is busy with herself. Most of these kids look for their nannies more often than their parents. They are more emotionally attached to their nannies, to the point of throwing tantrums and rebelling when the nannies quit. Yes, I've seen some such cases first hand. 

It is a sad situation but nonetheless a very real situation in some places. Which is why I don't have a hard time at all seeing JJ twins more attached to Bon than their father. 

This is so true. My neighbour's children are so attached to their live in maid than their parents. So I am not surprised if Joon Joon didnt really bother about the absence of their father 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, galaxy97 said:

Oh wait, after rewatching latest episode, i think i know why aerin didnt call either Bon or Yoo. Bc at that moment, she remember Bon once said to her that she will be put in more danger the more secret she know. I think from his words, she got an instinct that yoo and Bon know alr abt her husband being a witness to sungsoo's death. Thus making her cant trust them a bit maybe (bc they kept it a secret to her).

Or another reason is, she might be so curious to know what is inside the usb after eunha told her that even her husband death information is also there to the point that she forgot to report such a crucial thing to either Bon and Yoo first.

I think there might be another reason, too.  When AR discovered that Yoo needed the information that AR had discovered about the serial numbers on the bags at JInternational (or whatever the company name was), she no longer had a physical copy of the information and she couldn't access the office computers.  She only had a picture of one bag.  It was obviously problematic for the Kings Bag investigation.

This time, AR knows that the usb itself is vital because it contains information about her husband's death and about her own family.  Her first thought has to be that, in order to protect her kids, she absolutely has to get her hands on that usb.  Only then will she tell Bon and Yoo.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Random observations.

I couldn't work out what was weird about Yoon and the other female agent riding in the car. Yup. What was weird is that this is the first time I have seen backseat passengers wearing a seatbelt.

In the WHOLE beach which has NO seating, we have Kim Bon plonked down on a bench which is not fitted to anything. Which can be carted away. Yes I did check that it was put above the high tide level.

Does that mean if Clara Choi died that means she wasn't the Special Forces cook's wife?

Yes that registered with me too. :P   She really WEPT from her heart for Bon of maybe 1 ~  1.5 yrs (I see her 2 working stints as some months' worth), than her "goose father" of a husband.

She seemed more shell-shocked than sad with the sudden demise of Yang Dong-gun in the role of her husband. Then again, her husband and her were 'roommates' more like after 18 yrs.  Also that crying later could be pent-up emotions with DOUBLE deaths ... since she couldn't afford to really grieve but had to problem solve quickly with logistics + financial in Death #1.

And BON is extra-special to warrant those tears  (hey we all know he's special :wub:).

He observed, quietly supported and nurtured her as a TEAM mate working TOGETHER with her. They went through many escapades together.

He appreciated her, and validated AR's efforts + her big warm heart ... after he paranoidly ascertained she wasn't some spy on their first encounter with the  drippy yoghurt milk :lol:

But some of the hilarious in this show is deliberately or exaggeratedly so,  in many ways. Just have to park our brains/logic ... and go with the flow. ;) Like a bench is supposed to be there, on the beach.  Or, he  had it carried there - just as he found out where she was, and found a student somehow, to go into that cafe. There are no high tides ever in this idyllic scene. too - they just do.not.happen. Kdrama logic!  :lol:

I see high Comfort Level => deep sleep. That scene highlighted the vast disparity in his interrupted PTSD nightmares of life in Poland sleep patterns in his own apt VS

how he can let his guard completely down with AR and her family.

Completely down to earth exhaustion with the mundane stuff of the island: wearing Ajumma outfits to repair roofs, pick oranges and collect seaweed is hard work. You also do not have to worry about whether they have guns hidden in the seaweed, or snipers lurking amongst the organes or not ... that's complete ease of mind.

Hey, it's certainly more manual labour intensive and harder than speeding along on the highway in his snazzy blue car in tailored Suits;  maneuvering shake off NIS spies,  jumping off bridges and escaping in high explosion scenes.  Or deciphering cards at home :P

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

I’ve watched the last episodes. I’m still confused though, from where could Bon have or drive a nice car already? In Jeju! I mean, when he was handcuffed, he had nothing else with him. From where does he have the money? His hidden place was left behind, seems he did not go back there until the last scene. Seems it is the first time he goes back there and to take the gun. 

Other things, anyone noticed who could be the one walking in Bon hidden place?

So, JYT is back into villain and contacting the Voice in his last scene?

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

@stroppyse I agree with you that JYT has chosen the right path this time therefore he decided to leave Yoo's side. JYT contacted the enemy in order to deceive them. I am quite sure that JYT gave them what they were looking for: the bag with the code number. The question is: did he tell them where the car with the trunk full of bags was? Or did he tell them where the bag of the deceased NIS director Moon was? I suspect that JYT kept something without them being aware of. He kept an evidence. Since Moon died and will never claim for the bag, I believe that this bag is the one JYT kept at a different place. The organization wouldn't notice if there was a bag missing...

I also think that the one who appears at Bon's hidden place is JYT. My theory is that JYT could be the one who tells KB that K is on his way to kill Eun Ha and Go Ae Rin in order to retrieve the USB. I am sure that KB will rush to the King's place. 

However, I would like to underline that there is another person who might be a double agent: JYT's driver. His behaviour was also suspicious next to K... So maybe JYT was able to convince him to work together. The driver has been put in the same situation than JYT: they faked his death in order to force him to work for them... so JYT might have been able to contact him and convince him to leak him info which he would use. 

As for the mole, I am more and more convinced that Shim WC. is the real one. I also sense that Kwon is the one who helped Kim Bon. They had planned to kill him, when he asked for Death protocole. So in order to find the mole, KB needed to deceive everyone in the NIS... except Kwon. The reason why I am suspecting Shim is

- Yoo contacted Shim right away and shortly after the arrival of police forces, K was already there too. He was on position to kill the witnesses/accomplices.

- Shim was there, when Voice, the minister and Yoon met. I doubt that he was really spying on them.

- By making it look like KB died and Shim believes that KB is dead, then it looks like Kwon might have done something terrible.

What is bothering me is the meeting between the Voice (Yoon CS. working at the Blue House), the Minister of Health and Kwon. The Minister of Health said that he was not willing to buy the vaccines, however due to the scandal and fear among the citizens, he changed his mind and had vaccines imported. So my question is: why? I am not an expert but as such, I would find suspicious that the one who asked him to buy the vaccines was the one who tried to kill him... To conclude, I would see this terror attack as a way to force the government to buy such a vaccine, hence I would do the opposite. So maybe Yoo has been manipulated and the minister is not so innocent (part of the conspiracy). He received some bribe too. Maybe the meeting between the three was a way to figure out Kwon.   

@triplem @ktcjdrama 

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

I’ve watched the last episodes. I’m still confused though, from where could Bon have or drive a nice car already? In Jeju! I mean, when he was handcuffed, he had nothing else with him. From where does he have the money? His hidden place was left behind, seems he did not go back there until the last scene. Seems it is the first time he goes back there and to take the gun. 

Well, he is a world class super spy. He probably has safe stashes in various locations with cars, money, and ID. All the things that one needs to get around, and in style! :D

15 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

So, JYT is back into villain and contacting the Voice in his last scene?

I really don't think that JYT is a villain any more. If anything, I think he's found the courage to hit back at the people who stole his original face and life. As miserable as it may have been, it was his life, not theirs to obliterate. He is contacting the Voice and the villains again, but we've seen that he was a cog serving a faceless master. I think he's trying to figure out who the ones in charge really are.

15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

What is bothering me is the meeting between the Voice (Yoon CS. working at the Blue House), the Minister of Health and Kwon. The Minister of Health said that he was not willing to buy the vaccines, however due to the scandal and fear among the citizens, he changed his mind and had vaccines imported. So my question is: why? I am not an expert but as such, I would find suspicious that the one who asked him to buy the vaccines was the one who tried to kill him... To conclude, I would see this terror attack as a way to force the government to buy such a vaccine, hence I would do the opposite. So maybe Yoo has been manipulated and the minister is not so innocent (part of the conspiracy). He also received some bribe too. Maybe the meeting between the three was a way to figure out Kwon.   

I like your reasoning behind why Shim is actually the bad guy and Kwon the good guy at NIS. As for this scene with the Health Minister, I don't think that the Cors Vaccine that the government has purchased now is associated with Clara Choi who had tried to sell him a vaccine before, though I would have to check on that to see if Case Corp was involved with both Clara Choi and the Cors Vaccine. If so, then I would think it likely that the Health Minister has been bribed as well. Why Kwon should be involved in the dinner then is a mystery, unless it's to allay Kwon's mind in some way as you've surmised.

• Like 9