Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Terius Behind Me/ My Secret Terius 내 뒤에 테리우스

I have yet to catch up on the past 5 pages, but I think that this drama has made me so eager for a romantic connection between Bon and AR that the simplest things send me into a frenzy: I screamed when AR walked on the beach and dropped the coffees at the sight in front of her. :lol:

Just that, and my heart almost skipped a beat. Looking for a friend... Who else got a strong reaction there? :lol: 

• Like 7
  • LOL 9

55 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

Just that, and my heart almost skipped a beat. Looking for a friend... Who else got a strong reaction there? :lol: 

Does doing a little happy dance count? :D 

2 hours ago, kyutrogue said:

Ah.  Thanks!  Now I got another word on my Korean vocabulary list.  :D  

Just remember that "uri" which technically does mean "our", but it also frequently is used instead of "my" whereas in English we would use "my". :)

2 hours ago, kyutrogue said:

But oh nooo....uri JYT is joining the bad guys again! :(  What do you think about that?  I think he will end up sacrificing his life for Bon or AR but he will be happy he chose the right path.  I'm sorry I'm thinking of a tragic ending for our JYT. :(  I'll be sad if it happens but it would be a great redemption for his character. ;)  But it would be better if the writers could think of a way to give him a redemption but still be alive. :) 

Nope. I refuse to believe that JYT is going to die in this drama. Not fitting with this drama at all. He's going to survive and be Bon's whiny little brother with a crush on AR and so mad jealousy because AR and Bon have a connection that will become a relationship. :D

Seriously though, I don't think he's joining up with the bad guys again. I think he's either going to be subversive or find intel needed to bring them down or something like that. However, JYT doesn't know who he can trust other than Bon, so he's playing a close hand.

• Like 14

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Having said all that, and acknowledging that the OTP is the OTP, I wouldn't object to a few kisses and snuggles somewhere. Maybe in the penultimate episode, we might get something? :D Anyway, even if we don't get to be pervy in this drama, I find the romance to be very satisfying. And, I have no problems with this drama versus others which shall go nameless where the endings left me going "huh?" even when it was a nominally happy ending.

Thanks @stroppyse . No objections to more Ko Ko , a stolen kiss perhaps when the kids ain’t looking :lol:.... It would be great to see Aerin initiate some skinship (Also really appreciate all the translations as it keeps me going till work is over before I can watch. )

6 hours ago, larrysouth said:

@triplem many good thoughts here.  Joon-Joon sadly were not getting the time with their father as all children need.  Both boys and girls need positive adult role models of both genders.  I am very glad to see that KB is filling that role very nicely.

I do think that the writer & director have done a pretty good job of not making the blossoming romance overly quick or in our faces.  I think they are being sensitive to the general audience.  The writers were in somewhat of a no-win situation on this one in terms of trying to please everyone.  Like all things, you do your best and hope for the best.

I also have to admit that I find the pacing of the romance on Terius much better than Where Stars Land.  Goodness Gracious!  The pace of that romance is hard to keep up with.  Please don't blast me for this.  I just like the pacing on Terius a little more natural than the 3-second thing on WSL.  I do love the WSL series as well.

Thanks @larrysouth . I do think that AR & Bon getting together is also fantastic for the kids . They already love him & do need a good father figure .(  Dito on your assessment of WSL. I enjoy it too but this drama is where my heart lies. 

@lilyphenix I live for the romance. Most of the time I forget the rest of the episode when they just show a hint of any OTP progress . However little it may be   :joy:

——

i like how this Soompi article says : AeRin’s refreshing family ! 

Terius Behind Me" Tops Wednesday-Thursday Drama Viewership Ratings

blessedkpop

Once again, MBC’s “Terius Behind Me” has topped viewership ratings among Wednesday-Thursday dramas!

According to Nielsen Korea, the November 1 broadcast of “Terius Behind Me” reached 8.5 percent in viewership ratings for episode 23 and 10.3 percent for episode 24. They were an increase from the viewership ratings for the October 31 broadcast, which were 7.9 percent and 9.7 percent.

In the metropolitan area, it garnered slightly higher ratings at 9.0 percent and 10.8 percent, with the highest rated moment rising as high as 12.5 percent. It also received high ratings of 4.4 percent and 5.4 percent in the 20-49 demographic among all TV shows that aired on Thursday.

The November 1 episodes were a mix of laughter and thrill. Kim Bon (So Ji Sup) and Go Ae Rin (Jung In Sun) reunited and the shocking USB secret was revealed. Kim Bon also met with Go Ae Rin’s refreshing family.

Amid this, a new twist emerged over the explosion of a prison van. Just before the bombing, an unknown person helped Kim Bon. Since only director Shim Woo Chul (Uhm Hyo Sup) and fellow spy Yoo Ji Yeon (Im Se-mi) were the only ones who knew about the operation, it is difficult to predict who wants to kill Kim Bon and who wants to save him.

The collapse of the operation, Go Ae Rin’s return, and more are highly anticipated to unravel in the remaining episodes.

Terius-Behind-Me-11.jpg
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Does doing a little happy dance count? :D 

Just remember that "uri" which technically does mean "our", but it also frequently is used instead of "my" whereas in English we would use "my". :)

Nope. I refuse to believe that JYT is going to die in this drama. Not fitting with this drama at all. He's going to survive and be Bon's whiny little brother with a crush on AR and so mad jealousy because AR and Bon have a connection that will become a relationship. :D

Seriously though, I don't think he's joining up with the bad guys again. I think he's either going to be subversive or find intel needed to bring them down or something like that. However, JYT doesn't know who he can trust other than Bon, so he's playing a close hand.

Agreed. I think JYT is trying to bring down Black Clover simply because before he made his move he reflected on Bon’s challenge to him about choosing his path. Bon told him that doing the right thing is hard and doing the opposite is easy. I think JYT will try the difficult path now especially since he seemed genuine when he told Bon about the trigger in his past that led to his dangerous life as a conman. He seemed genuinely remorseful so this time I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 12

@triplem @stroppyse Love the thoughts you have shared about the romance aspect of this drama. I concur with all of them.

AR indeed is a tough cookie. She is not fazed by her circumstances but choose to get up and move on. I love that about her. We did see her mourning for her husband, and for Bon too, very briefly shown and the story goes on. Being a mother of two, she can't afford to wallow in despair and self-pity. For Bon's death, she can't even tell any of her friends but kept it to herself.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

what i really like about this drama is aerin’s character.. she really is tough and doesnt dwell on sadness and grief.. she picks herself up and move on with life. even after her husband and bon’s death..  i love to see strong women in dramas. after whats wrong with sec kim, this has to be my 2nd fav drama of this year.. i watched where stars land too but quickly lost interest.

ps**please recommend good dramas to me chinguss

• Like 9

Just finished watching with eng sub and yup another great episode! 

Maybe im too sensitive or what but i start to cry when aerin start to cry. The way she said thank you to Bon with those tears really got me :bawling:

And abt the guy who we saw walking into Bon's hiding place, if it was jin yong tae i just wish he came there to tell Bon abt K plan to kill aerin and EH. I do think secretary park and jyt still exchange some secret information here and there so at this point secretary park could be the one who told jyt abt K plan. He is there afterall and I still see him as a loyal secretary to jyt instead of a total villain so who knows...

Eventho i said all good people in this drama have nine lives before but now after watching the ep i become so worried abt Eunha and aerin. Im seriously dont want another depress scene where aerin or eunha got shot then survived and etc. Eventho i could alr picture aerin getting the shot to save eunha. But please writer i dont want that.

Lastly, i highkey hope they could extend this drama for another 4 full episode making it 20 at least. Or maybe 2 more episodes. Im fine with that too

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I just watched with subs... I love the conversation between Bon and AR by the beach while watching JJ play. To me, it is sort of a confession already from Bon. And a promise too that he'll be back for them. He revealed that he is tired of his life that is hiding and keeping his guard up with other people, that he is lonely. He thanked AR for sharing with him her strength. He asked AR and JJ to just stay in Jeju and recharge until he catches the bad guys, and determined this time he will catch them.

Previously we have AR thanked Bon when she was grieving on her sofa. Because of him, she was able to hold herself up until then. She admitted to being tired too about the happenings in her life. Both of them have been a pillar of support for each other.... :wub:

Glad to get to know AR's family through this episode. How interesting that we find out AR's mom is a very capable woman herself. Through the ahjummas coming in to find her, we know that she excels in everything she does. No need to wonder now where AR got her capabilities. And that little hint that AR always wants to do her best too, when she tried to suggest to her cafe boss about how to increase sales.... :D only to be shot down by the boss who doesn't care about it.

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

11 hours ago, galaxy97 said:

Lastly, i highkey hope they could extend this drama for another 4 full episode making it 20 at least. Or maybe 2 more episodes. Im fine with that too

I do not often wish for extensions bec they can often go awry even in an enjoyable one.

But for this one - I think it would be just fine - so far the suspense, pacing, romance, everything. Even the some of the crazy 'park your brains' spy stunts and intrigue were fine.  And I will be so loathe to let AR, Bon and the twins go ... followed by KIS and all the side bromances.  :( 

So enjoyable an overall drama ... of all the current choices ... this one definitely has first dibs on my heart! :wub:

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I love the conversation between Bon and AR by the beach while watching JJ play. To me, it is sort of a confession already from Bon. And a promise too that he'll be back for them. He revealed that he is tired of his life that is hiding and keeping his guard up with other people, that he is lonely. He thanked AR for sharing with him her strength. He asked AR and JJ to just stay in Jeju and recharge until he catches the bad guys, and determined this time he will catch them.

Previously we have AR thanked Bon when she was grieving on her sofa. Because of him, she was able to hold herself up until then. She admitted to being tired too about the happenings in her life. Both of them has been a pillar of support for each other

I actually start to wonder abt this thing. From the way Bon talked abt it seems like they alr progressed into another level of relationship like a couple or something but in fact both of them never declare it yet. So at this point i actually wonder abt aerin's reception, i mean despite so many signals and hints Bon are giving to her lately; nose kiss, hug, Bon telling her that he want aerin to be the first person knowing that he's still alive, despite all of that, for me she still remains 'quiet' and 'unbothered' abt it. I mean wont she for once start to question abt Bon's feeling towards her? Or at least have some thought abt that? Or asking Bon personally? Yes i could see her falling for Bon too but i just wonder why she not even for once wonder why Bon reacting that way... it's like something that happened without opening and closure. even when her mom trying to poke her abt Bon by saying how great he is, she just reply 'yes he is a great man'.... arghhh it's hard to explain....(ive limited english vocab lol sorry)

Btw i wonder how many days have passed since aerin move to jeju? The way she said 'the usual right?' to that woman customer seems like it have been a few weeks at least right?

• Like 9

OMG !!! So Ji Sub is so DADDY in that Ahjumma Fashion!! He's so hot, it's not even funny anymore!! If he was my man, I would make wear my mommy pants (which I don't own) every other day!!! He's the hottest cross-dresser on the planet right now!

I'm finally getting my wish for a romance. The ship is a tiny dot on the horizon, but it's coming towards the port!! That hug made me sweat, but I confess my spirit was lifted higher by SJS in mommy wear! They also used hugging to show who has more affection for the other, because when Yoo Ji Yeon saw Kim Bon, she's the one who latched on to him more. (That love square needs to be broken up quickly!)

I am basically fine with AR and KB getting together, but I would rather AR had told the children the truth, that their father passed away. Is it part of the story line? If she tells the children the truth, as she will have to, will they reject Bon Kim? Is the writer setting that up as a stumbling block to the romance? I recall in the drama Five Enough, the kids who loved their mother's new boyfriend started exhibiting anger and aggression once they got married, creating drama after the happily ever after. That angle is too late to take now, seeing as we only have four episodes. There's no need for Joon-Joon to start processing anger at the reveal, so I am waiting to see how the writer resolves the issue. There's a violent murderer on the loose (who freaks me out!), and an evil empire needs to be brought down. But of utmost importance is that my couple must have enough screen time!! I need the pay off! No handshakes please!

• Like 5
  • LOL 9

1 hour ago, galaxy97 said:

I actually start to wonder abt this thing. From the way Bon talked abt it seems like they alr progressed into another level of relationship like a couple or something but in fact both of them never declare it yet. So at this point i actually wonder abt aerin's reception, i mean despite so many signals and hints Bon are giving to her lately; nose kiss, hug, Bon telling her that he want aerin to be the first person knowing that he's still alive, despite all of that, for me she still remains 'quiet' and 'unbothered' abt it. I mean wont she for once start to question abt Bon's feeling towards her? Or at least have some thought abt that? Or asking Bon personally? Yes i could see her falling for Bon too but i just wonder why she not even for once wonder why Bon reacting that way... it's like something that happened without opening and closure. even when her mom trying to poke her abt Bon by saying how great he is, she just reply 'yes he is a great man'.... arghhh it's hard to explain....(ive limited english vocab lol sorry)

Btw i wonder how many days have passed since aerin move to jeju? The way she said 'the usual right?' to that woman customer seems like it have been a few weeks at least right?

I believe the feeling is mutual. It was understood.  When she said ‘Thank you for being alive’, to me that is already a confession.  It shows that she needs him.  Both need each other to heal.  I love romances like this, very minimal skinship but you get the feels just from the conversation, body language and their actions.  We know for sure that aerin is very worried for Bon especially when he said he will catch the bad guy.  I think she is worried that he is going to get killed again.  

Now i am worried about the 2 ahjummas.  Not sure if Bon knows Aerin is back, he is sure going to be upset (maybe) as she is now in danger.  Why didn’t she call Yoo or Bon about the USB ?:grimace:

btw i cried when Aerin cried in the living room alone.. cannot take it. Just feel like hugging her :tears:

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Who cried when AR cried in her living room alone saying it was difficult...

ME....

I was at the airport waiting for my flight to Kuala Lumpur. I watched this episode at the departure hall and I cried at the corner. I think 2 men sitting in front of me found me weird because I cried while looking at my laptop. But I just cant help it. :bawling:

54 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

OMG !!! So Ji Sub is so DADDY in that Ahjumma Fashion!! He's so hot, it's not even funny anymore!! If he was my man, I would make wear my mommy pants (which I don't own) every other day!!! He's the hottest cross-dresser on the planet right now!

I'm finally getting my wish for a romance. The ship is a tiny dot on the horizon, but it's coming towards the port!! That hug made me sweat, but I confess my spirit was lifted higher by SJS in mommy wear! They also used hugging to show who has more affection for the other, because when Yoo Ji Yeon saw Kim Bon, she's the one who latched on to him more. (That love square needs to be broken up quickly!)

I am basically fine with AR and KB getting together, but I would rather AR had told the children the truth, that their father passed away. Is it part of the story line? If she tells the children the truth, as she will have to, will they reject Bon Kim? Is the writer setting that up as a stumbling block to the romance? I recall in the drama Five Enough, the kids who loved their mother's new boyfriend started exhibiting anger and aggression once they got married, creating drama after the happily ever after. That angle is too late to take now, seeing as we only have four episodes. There's no need for Joon-Joon to start processing anger at the reveal, so I am waiting to see how the writer resolves the issue. There's a violent murderer on the loose (who freaks me out!), and an evil empire needs to be brought down. But of utmost importance is that my couple must have enough screen time!! I need the pay off! No handshakes please!

I agree!!! He's still look hot and suave in that ahjumma clothes. Life is unfair, isnt it?? hahahahah!!

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

Fancam...

Spoiler

I wonder who is the girl in that blue clothes. She is too small to be jung in sun tho. And doesnt look like joon hee either. The grey one is so ji sub.

Spoiler

This is from the same place as above. Who is there with him?

P/s: son ho joon alr received another drama offer even before this drama end lol! I hope jis and sjs too will straightly get another drama offer after this as well:)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

2 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

Who cried when AR cried in her living room alone saying it was difficult...

ME....

4 hours ago, galaxy97 said:

Maybe im too sensitive or what but i start to cry when aerin start to cry. The way she said thank you to Bon with those tears really got me :bawling:

I cried ....even though I knew in the back of my mind that Bon was alive and that she was going to be seeing him in less than 10 min drama timeline I think that scene and the one where she tells the kids that they need to move to Jeju says a lot about the way she processes grief and sucks it in for the sake of her kids.  I agree with what you said above @Matilda_AnneShe's just one of those who don't think too much about her own needs and has not had the time to think of Bon in a romantic way , which is why she hasn't verbally expressed her feelings for Bon or shown any indication of it. 

jS9pIiA.png424HOMC.png

When Yoo told her Bon died, she was in shock- no immediate tears , no wailing. She went to his apartment and looked around reminiscing the happy moments. He was no longer just the neighbour who helped with the kids - he had filled in the role of the husband and father . Then in the dead of the night , when she finally had some alone time, she broke down and let it all out ( really nicely done scene by the PD) . She's just one of those who keep things which are closed to her heart to herself.  Her tears when she saw Bon at the beach was enough for me to know that Bon means more than just a friend to her.

Spoiler

ZpgAJom.png

So @galaxy97 even though it seems that AeRin has not shown much response to Bon's oh so sweet confession

Spoiler

1TzsJN7.png

....I felt my heart flutter :D ....she is not indifferent to it.  Just that with the pace of how things are moving,  it will take awhile before we get to see her realising her feelings. Now we have to hope that AeRin had the sense to call Bon before she went to meet Galaxy Shim. I am nervous for these two women , though Assassin K has flawed  record at close range :D .  I also think that they will need her to find out her husband was murdered and not dying of a cardiac arrest before anything else can really take place. 

I love these happy family scenes. Seeing Bon eat heartily instead of just having slice bread, snoring away because this was a place he could sleep and feel at peace (let's not forget how he used to get disturbed sleep of the times in Poland) and the beach time . :love:

I really won't mind one or two episode extensions as well @jus-ash, if only because I don't want to let this family go.

TZBIdAn.jpg

Edited by triplem
  • Like 12

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

And that little hint that AR always wants to do her best too, when she tried to suggest to her cafe boss about how to increase sales.... :D only to be shot down by the boss who doesn't care about it.

This little bit really made me laugh and left me wondering if Bon or YJY had set up yet another cover business for AR to work at. Her new boss' words were far too similar to those she received at J International and King's Bag. :lol:

• LOL 10

One of the things about having me active on a thread is that I get excited about translating, even if subs are already out, just because I like the way the dialogue is written usually, and then I post it here. But, heck, I figure there is another week of waiting before the next episode to watch, discuss, and dissect anyway, so I'm posting another scene translation, even though subs have been out for awhile now. :)

This is the scene where Bon, AR, and J-J go to the beach, and Bon and AR have a rather poignant talk about themselves, offering comfort and support to each other, which is the thing that they do so well together.

(J-J playing in the sand)

JS: Like this.
JS: My hand is gone.
JH: It’s there.

(Bon and AR talking while watching them play)
Bon: Your father doesn’t seem to be from Jeju Island.
AR: No, he’s not. He was vacationing here from Seoul when he fell for my mom at first sight and married her is what they say.
Bon: There are fates like that even. (AR nods)
AR: At that time, mom was tired of the island and wanted to marry a mainlander and live there, but because dad’s health started failing… was it about the time I was born?… they returned to Jeju Island to live. That’s why when I was accepted into a university in Seoul, my mother was much, much happier than I was, saying “Ahh, my daughter will be able to live a different life than mine.” But, ultimately, like this, I’ve returned to Jeju as well.
Bon: Returning here, do you regret it?
AR: It’s not so much regret…it’s more that it’s a shame that I didn’t return a success.
Bon: During that time, you always lived very diligently. And, you returned with Joon Soo, Joon Hee, those beautiful treasures. Is returning successful something different from that?
AR: For saying it like that, I’m really grateful to you. Actually, there have been so many and large things happening all at once, that it’s really been hard. Since because of Joon-Joon, I couldn’t just break down. So, without even being able to allow myself to be sad, I’ve lived with all my strength.
Bon: I know that. To my eyes, that was all was visible. Probably, to other peoples’ eyes, it was visible as well. It was impossible to not see it.
AR: Tch!
Bon: While always in hiding, I’ve lived contesting against other people. Truthfully, it was tiring. It was lonely, too. To such a me, for sharing your strength with me, I’m the one who is grateful. (AR nods in sympathy, I think, as well as acknowledgment)
Bon: While I’m catching the bad guys, Ae Rin-sshi should stay here with Joon Soo and Joon Hee, and recharge your energy. Understood?
AR: Yes.
Bon: This time, I will definitely catch them, those guys.

It's a scene where both Bon and AR are opening themselves up, and airing their vulnerabilities and fears to each other. AR who is always so cheerful and chipper is admitting that she's felt that she had to be like that for the sake of J-J. And, that even returning home, rather than coming home in triumph after conquering Seoul and beyond, but running to lick her metaphorical wounds had made her doubt herself. And, Bon tells her how he sees her, as being a success by living to her utmost and while raising J-J who are beautiful, precocious, well-adjusted children. AR is grateful for that vision of her from Bon to counteract the vision of herself in her own head. It's always nice when a lovely person that you respect tells you how much regard he holds you in, I think. And, then Bon opens up about how he has lived fighting the bad guys, and so having to stay hidden, and not just keeping his distance from them, but actively fighting them, mentally and physically. It is very tiring since there is no cessation of pressure. Bon doesn't get to switch off and call it a day with a closing time. He's constantly having to think, the figure out what his opponents are doing, and how to counteract them. And he admits how tiresome and lonely that can be, to be ever vigilant against people who might harm him and the country. And, AR listens sympathetically. It's the intimate talk of a couple who are not only friends, but also trust each other deeply.

The other thing I wanted to mention is how delightful I find the giggles and squeals of laughter from Joon-Joon. In this scene, it was their delight at their pretty new jackets and their joy in playing at the beach. I find their giggles and laughter infectious, and in their "ko-ko" scenes with their mother or Bon, I can't help but smile or laugh when I hear them giggling in happiness at the pure affection being showered on them.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 11