Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018] Terius Behind Me/ My Secret Terius 내 뒤에 테리우스

Real life circumstances have kept me away from the forums, but I'm back now. I need to catch up on this drama, but I cheated and checked the clips for the final episode. Super happy that it's a happy ending. :) Posting a translation of the ending scene where Bon and AR get a new mission.

Bon: Haven’t you missed me?
AR: I’ve missed you so, so much. I didn’t have anyone to take care of Joon Soo and Joon Hee, so it’s been very hard. (laughs a little at Bon’s look) I was joking. Were you able to take care of your work well?
Bon: Of course. Finally, we’re having a mojito at Namsan.
AR: That’s true we are.
Bon: But, what is this bag?
AR: Oh. It’s a mission from Director Kwon, and she said to open it with the person I met here.
Bon: Really? Should we open it?
(Note inside bag: “Mission order: Breakfast at Tiffany's”)
AR: It’s another mission.
(Bon opens envelope to see plane tickets and note that says “As a pretend married couple, go to New York”)
Bon: As a pretend married couple, go to New York.
AR: What?
(AR opens Tiffany box to see couple rings)
Bon: Should we try them on?
(They put on the rings)
Bon: The mission this time, I’m starting to look forward to it.
AR: I’m… shaking a bit.
Bon: Don’t worry. Since behind you, Terius is there.
(They clink glasses and drink)

So, Bon and AR aren't quite a formal couple yet at the end of this drama, but I think I'm okay with that. They've shown that they're both capable, competent people who are going to work together and are clearly attracted to each other. Given some of the traumas that they both had to get over, it makes sense that they continue to be in each other's lives and form both a team and a family.

@triplem, just saw your request for a translation of this scene. Here it is, though I think subs are out for the ep by now anyway. :)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6

Bon and the Twins are still so cute.

Bon: Wash your hands first!
JS/JH: We’re already washing them!

Bon: Eat slowly.
JH/JS: Yes.
(Bon opens his mouth indicating he wants a bit, so JH feeds him. Then JS feeds him. Awww...)
Bon: After we finish eating, what should we do?
JH/JS: Umm...

Bon: Kim Bang Sook-sshi, you like princess style, don’t you?
JH: Yes.
Bon: I understand. Since this is going to take a little time, here, please read a magazine (while you’re being styled).
Bon: Client, it’s all done. Please pay.
JH: Do you accept “ko-ko”?
Bon: Of course.

Bon: Kim Bang Woo-sshi, where does it hurt?
JS: Here, my stomach hurts.
Bon: I have a special stethoscope.
Bon: It seems normal.
JS: It hurts.
Bon: Where? Here? It can’t be helped. You’ll have to get a shot.
JS: I don’t want it! (it's a shot of tickling. LOL)
Bon: Here. It’s all done. Please pay.
JS: Do you accept “ko-ko”?
Bon: Of course.

Bon: The prince and princess had a very happy wedding ceremony. It was an event unlike any seen for a hundred years…
JS: Ajusshi, I’m sleepy.
JH: Mom reads it to us as if it’s really the princess and the prince.
Bon: Ajusshi reading it to you isn’t any fun, is it? (JS and JH nod) Then should we do that thing instead?
(selecting backgrounds on the tv?)
Bon: One. Two. (takes picture)
Bon: Joon Soo, you’re on the screen.

Hmm, I've clearly missed episodes. Not sure why Bon is addressing JS and JH by different names, but I'm sure the reason is in the episodes that I've missed. Still, it's lovely to see the three of them together. Plus, the shrieks of laughter from JS and JH are always just so adorable.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Just one more translation of a scene that was so adorable.

Bon: Let’s go in.
SR: Welcome! Omo! Bon-sshi! And, Joon-Joon came as well!
J-J: Yes!
Bon: Congratulations on your store opening.
SR: This is a money tree, isn’t it?
(On the ribbons on the tree, it says “Kim Bon” on the left ribbon and “Congratulations on the Opening” on the right ribbon)
Bon: It’s for money luck, so that you can earn a lot of money.
SR: Bon-sshi has some good sense. As it was, it was a little empty here (meaning the counter, so putting the plant there). This is exactly right for it, isn’t it?
Bon: We’ll order in just a little while.
SR: Okay. Pick what you want to eat, and I’ll give it to you for free!

AR: Sister!
SR: Oh, Ae Rin!
Bon: It’s Mom.
J-J: Mom!
AR: Oh, Joon-Joon, have you been having fun? (to Bon) I’m a little late, aren’t I?
Bon: Hurry and eat. (AR takes a bite) Did the interview go well?
AR: Of course.
AR: It’s so delicious.

JH: Mom. What is that?
AR: Oh, this is for washing Mom’s face.
JH: Ahh…
AR: Joon-Joon, aren’t you brushing our teeth too well?
JH: We made a promise with Ajusshi.
JS: That if we brush our teeth well like this, then we can eat a lot of ice cream.
AR: What?!

Even if the romance between AR and Bon was not made explicit by the ending, it's still so clear that this foursome is becoming a family unit. I found it interesting that the initial bonding was actually between Bon and the Twins, while the relationship between Bon and AR developed along a separate if parallel track. It's only in the later episodes that we see the bonding happening with all four of them where they seem more and more like a family unit.

With the end of this drama, I think everyone will now decamp for other threads. Even though I've been a little on and off about posting to this thread with constant interruptions for real life events, I've really enjoyed being a part of this thread. So thanks to everyone who contributed and hope to see you on other threads.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

My friend said, if there's a season 2, the title will be Terius Beside Me

I like the ending. I don't have a problem with it, everything turned out good. I'm just happy that Bon got his business finished with K. 

And yes, if they do have a season 2, that would be a great title. Lol! I am on broad with that title and a season 2 of them being uncover couple. :lol:

• Like 12

8 hours ago, kyutrogue said:

(...) Waaahhh....that's what I thought too about him sacrificing himself.  :cry:  And then maybe we will all think that he will die but in fact he lived and is starting a new life.  Hope that will happen.

I'm holding my breath. I hope he's like a cat w/ 9 lives (fakes death/resurrects w/ new identity), and that you're right...

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, lilyphenix said:

I'm holding my breath. I hope he's like a cat w/ 9 lives (fakes death/resurrects w/ new identity), and that you're right...

It is safe to breathe.

Just posted about this above:  JYT is not dead.  His fake death is to keep him safe.  Bon got him a new identity, and now JYT is running a coffee shop somewhere.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Still waiting for subs, but the way I interpret that last scene was Bon asking AR on a trip with him to NY. There is no way Kwon knows about Namsan and Mojito, unless Bon tells her. This is all set up by Bon, with Kwon's help.

If this is a mission from Kwon, will she really set it up like so? She is so formal and business-like in every approach, I doubt she has the creativity to arrange for such elaborate mission assignment. I imagine that she will just call them for a meeting at her office and handed them the tickets and rings. No mojitos, no Namsan.

So yeah, this is all Bon's ideas to get AR on a "honeymoon" trip to NY ;) If they were to go as husband and wife, they will have to share a hotel room, no? Act like husband and wife, lovey-dovey, wherever they go, no? B)

@triplem @zba72 @stroppyse I had the impression that Bon was surprised with the suitcase and mission. I am more inclined to believe that Kwon and Yoo came to this idea. Just before, Kwon discovers that RDW and Yoo got together. Notice that Kwon was surprised when she asked them, why they went to Iceland together. So she discovered that both agents had fallen in love and were now a couple, although they are agents. There is a parallel between Yoo/RDW's trip to ICeland and AR/Bon's trip to New York. I imagined that Yoo might have told her about the special relationship between Bon and AR. Moreover, Bon doesn't seem the type to plan such a thing. So Yoo and Kwon might have been behind the whole plan... Yoo knows Bon very well and I am sure, she knew that he would go to the tower in order to meet AR. If he had planned that, he would have put the ring on her himself... I sense that Yoo and Kwon pushed Bon to move to the next level... 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

@bebebisous33 i have thought about that too, the reason for the open ending means it could be Kwon or him.  If we follow the scenes, then i would take it was Kwon’s/Yoo’s idea.  But he is a spy and can act afterall, so it could be his plan too.  :lol:  i have to go and watch the sub first.

i don’t think others know about namsan tower.  The only possibility is they know he was meeting her that day. 

• Like 9

@stroppyse Thanks so much . I am happy with the ending . 

@bebebisous33 That’s a possibility but I think it was all a coincidence. Maybe I’ll change my mind after watching with subs . :D . I won’t mind anyone helping them along to kickstart their relationship.

Funnily all my faves this year including this had limited romance or skinship . :joy:

Such great response! K nets loved it . 

@Visually-wandering K nets ask for Season 2 - Alice Beside Me :lol:

FINALE Ep 31 spoilers, So Ji Sub ♥ Jung In Sun

terius.png

Article: Naver 'Terius Behind Me' So Ji Sub Jung In Sun becomes a couple in disguise and begins mission... happy ending 

1. [+626,-11]
I like that the ending is fresh and unpredictable. ^^ Let's go for season 2 with the couple in disguise at New York^^ 

2. [+396,-5]
Wang Mi Nam is the best plot twist ^^ 

3. [+270,-8]
Today's episode was really fun. Jin Yong Tae turns over a new leaf as Wang Mi Nam, So Ganzi's and Jung In Sun's part looked just like a proposal. I've enjoyed watching this like a movie. 

4. [+206,-3]
Been a while since I've watched such an interesting drama. 

5. [+145,-4]
I'm sad that it has ended. ㅠㅠ

6. [+87,-4]
It seems like they have thoughts for season 2, which is why they made an open ending like this.. Let's go for season 2 with Alice Beside Me~ 

7. [+72,-1]
So Ji Sub shows that he could do with any kind of genre in this drama. Action, comedy, romance, and even humor. And I think Jung In Sun will be casted as female leads a lot in the future. She's pretty and her acting is good. Also, Son Ho Jun is on the rise. Especially his role this time, his acting tone and diction are so charismatic. 

8. [+67,-0]
This is such a perfect ending. I like it. ㅠㅠ I was hoping all the time that Jin Yong Tae would stay alive till the end, and he did, I'm happy. Been a while since I've watched a final episode happily. They didn't drag out serious parts, and they carried on the drama with sloppiness and cuteness. That's the charismatic part of Terius Behind Me. This is a drama that makes me feel good and it's charismatic. 

9. [+64,-1]
This is the most interesting and comical drama among all dramas airing on public channels recently. It's my first time seeing a drama with no kiss scenes. 

behind%2Bme.png

Article: Naver 'Terius Behind Me' Son Ho Jun shot at the promised venue... dies in the end 

1.  [+129,-2]
Jin Yong Tae survived. 

2. [+75,-6]
Let's go for season 2 with Alice Behind Me!!!! 

3. [+58,-1]
He's living his life after changing his name to Wang Mi Nam. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+30,-2]
So he's alive as Wang Mi Nam. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ But when will Go Ae Rin and Kim Bon kiss???

5. [+18,-0]
Wow~ Mi Nam cafe.. Wang Mi Nam.. Daebak plot twist. I didn't know and was sad that Jin Yong Tae died. It's nice to feel cheated. 

6. [+16,-0]
Yes, he's reborn again as Wang Jung Nam's brother, Wang Mi Nam~

7. [+12,-0]
It was a relief finding out that he's alive after thinking that he died~ As expected, a healing drama.

———-

wahhh @littlerain @kyutrogue the local audience really like SJH’s Jin Young Tae. SJH will continue to go places . 

I  am going to miss SJS & JIS, and of course our Joon - joon. The kids were the stars of this show ! The show is  a success & has turned  ratings slump  around for MBC this year 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, triplem said:

i didnt see any credit for this translation, may i know where do you get this? :smirk:

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@triplem @zba72 @stroppyse I had the impression that Bon was surprised with the suitcase and mission. I am more inclined to believe that Kwon and Yoo came to this idea. Just before, Kwon discovers that RDW and Yoo got together. Notice that Kwon was surprised when she asked them, why they went to Iceland together. So she discovered that both agents had fallen in love and were now a couple, although they are agents. There is a parallel between Yoo/RDW's trip to ICeland and AR/Bon's trip to New York. I imagined that Yoo might have told her about the special relationship between Bon and AR. Moreover, Bon doesn't seem the type to plan such a thing. So Yoo and Kwon might have been behind the whole plan... Yoo knows Bon very well and I am sure, she knew that he would go to the tower in order to meet AR. If he had planned that, he would have put the ring on her himself... I sense that Yoo and Kwon pushed Bon to move to the next level... 

I have to agree that I don't think Bon planned that. I think Kwon planned the meeting for them, and it makes sense that Yoo would be the one to tell Kwon about Bon and AR's special relationship. Though, I had been thinking that Kwon was already aware that Bon had special feelings for AR, given that she knew to use AR to draw Bon out previously. Given that the mission that Alice received was a Breakfast at Tiffany's mission, it's not clear if it's an actual mission or not, though the fact that the instructions told them to pretend to be a married couple seems to imply that it might be an actual mission.

Anyway, I'm sure we're over-thinking it at this stage since it's supposed to be a cute finale anyway one looks at it. Especially with a drama that starts off with the joke homage to James Bond in the lead character's name. :lol:

Plus, the finale gives us some room for speculation in terms of the futures of the characters. If there were a Season 2 which I rather doubt there would be, I could see JYT being bored of his Handsome Cafe life and coming out of hiding to join a mission with Bon. Not to mention Bon and AR totally being Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and the rest of the cast of characters including KIS, Director Kwon, and Yoo and DW, of course.  The only question really would be who would take care of Joon-Joon while Bon and AR were on a mission.

Anyway, I skipped a few episodes to watch the finale first. I have to go and watch the back episodes now. :)

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, AlexandraReid said:

i didnt see any credit for this translation, may i know where do you get this? :smirk:

Sorry dear . I just added to my post above , it’s from a site I use a lot . This blogger is very good . She does for a lot the other  dramas. She’s learning korean 

http://melohwa.blogspot.com/2018/11/terius-behind-me-finale-ep-31-spoilers.html?m=1

—/—

Someone subbed part of the  last bts 

I think they broke ratings record at 10.5%

Spoiler

Flowers for SJH . I look forward to his future work 

I really like Kang Ki Young too . He’s hilarious 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I have just watched the final episode and i still feel that Bon planned it with Kwon’s help and she played along with it or improved it. I don’t think anyone else knows about mojito at namsan except the OTP, so it makes sense that KB was involved.  This is just what i feel. ^_^

KB calling the twin Ms Kim and Mr Kim  (As per the subtitle)  makes it look like he now considers them as his own.  :D

Nonetheless, I am happy with the ending and i really would prefer a movie about their New York mission.  I don’t think there will be a season 2 especially if there’s a big star like SJS. Also, they can be more adventurous and there’s less restrictions for movies unlike drama.

It will take sometime for me to move on to another drama.  Thank you everyone for the wonderful here in this thread.   I have enjoyed all the discussions here and see you all in the other thread B)

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, zba72 said:

I have just watched the final episode and i still feel that Bon planned it with Kwon’s help and she played along with it or improved it. I don’t think anyone else knows about mojito at namsan except the OTP, so it makes sense that KB was involved.  This is just what i feel. ^_^

That is how I feel, too.  -_- And I am also happy with the ending.  It feels just right somehow.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

The only question really would be who would take care of Joon-Joon while Bon and AR were on a mission.

I was thinking JYT can take over Bon's job and become joon-joon sitter while occasionally helping terius and alice with their mission. So yeah 2nd season is possible to make as there's a lot of scenario that can be done if and only if they really want to make one with the same casts but considering SJS, it's almost impossible lol 

But i like that alice beside me title a lot! It's like going from one level of relationship to another level of relationship:wub:

Ive yet to watch the sub one but gonna watch it soon! Lastly, im glad that this thread is mostly active all the time. Most thread i went aint so active like this and i mostly talking to myself there LOL

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, thistle said:

It is safe to breathe.

Just posted about this above:  JYT is not dead.  His fake death is to keep him safe.  Bon got him a new identity, and now JYT is running a coffee shop somewhere.

A shop right in front of a beach, with a random lonely bench facing the ocean?

Edited by lilyphenix
  • Like 6

Final episode, final thoughts.

• Did noone ever heard of bullet-proof vests? I mean, they have the most high-tech equipment available and they never thought of giving their agents, informants or whatever a vest to protect them? Would have saved JYT. Hey, it would have saved Bons gf in Poland aswell. Sigh.....
  • JYT did a really great job of redeeming himself, he went from being the baddie to being one of the most loyal people you can imagine. You can really see he only did his deeds, because he had no other choice. His character was really well written and acted out, great job of Son Ho-Jun.
    Well, Terius promised him to give him a new ID, so his death was inevitable. Good to see him doing something that won't kill him. 
  • Finally Terius really shows his legendary skills as NIS Agent, he really made no prisoners, even if the Director took a hostage, he shot him quicky without any second thoughts. I'm really glad they didn't drag it out too much.
  • Ohhh, Kwans tapping Terious shoulder again, it I didn't knew better, it almost feels like they becoming a team. :D 
  • As some people know, @triplemat least knows for sure, I really hate time skips.......and it still hasn't changed, especially with that kind of outcome.
  • I also don't know what the end should tell us, is there really a next mission? Are they hinting at a second season? I mean, by the end of the day, Ae Rin and Bon aren't a couple, they clearly like or even love each other, but they aren't together. 
    I mean, I wasn't expecting a kiss, but I don't know, something a little more. 
  • Overall a good ending, which is more than most dramas are able to achieve. I just wish the second half had the same amount of romance and development between the two than the first half. 

• Like 12

8 hours ago, Visually-wandering said:

My friend said, if there's a season 2, the title will be Terius Beside Me

I love that... Count me in!... Alice Beside Me sounds great too!!

8 hours ago, galaxy97 said:

Terius behind me currently leading for best korean drama 2018 poll at koreandrama.org. It even beat secretary kim and 100 days husband (wow).

Wow indeed!!

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yes, after watching with subs, I get the feel that Bon didn't know about the suitcase. However, I still think he planned the meeting of mojitos at NamSan with the help of Kwon. AR was neutral waiting at NamSan, but upon seeing the mojitos served, AR immediately knew to look out for Bon. Only the two of them knew what the combination of NamSan and mojitos meant. Kwon would know Bon completed his mission and is back in Korea. The briefcase and mission then, is a gift from their friends at NIS. :)

@stroppyse welcome back!! We missed you, but I know you must be tied up somehow. I was surprised with the fake name of Kim Bang xxx for JJ. Nothing from previous episodes about it. But I'm happy they take on the Kim surname :D

I'm still grinning silly watching that last bit. I don't care about kiss or no kiss, it's just really so sweet to see the two of them reunited after one year apart. Bon asking AR - did you not miss me... and AR answering almost in tears - I miss you very very much... I see Bon a little disappointed when AR said no one is around to take care of JJ, meaning she sees him as a sitter, so AR had to say she was just joking, meaning she really misses him, sitter or not... No worries, the NY trip, sans twins, shall jump-start their relationship further ;)

Some random things I noted:

- Name on tickets: Kim Hwa Jin and Lee Jeong Ho

- AR and Bon opened the suitcase together, one hand on each side.

- The mojito toast showed their worn rings clearly.

- AR using the bag Bon gifted her, at the colaborium, and at NamSan.

Question: So no one except Bon and NIS knew about JYT new identity? Even AR thought he is dead?

• Like 17

41 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Some random things I noted:

- Name on tickets: Kim Hwa Jin and Lee Jeong Ho

- AR and Bon opened the suitcase together, one hand on each side.

- The mojito toast showed their worn rings clearly.

- AR using the bag Bon gifted her, at the colaborium, and at NamSan.

Question: So no one except Bon and NIS knew about JYT new identity? Even AR thought he is dead?

The reason why i love the ending.   A positive one, it’s like no need to say it.  We can make a guess with the progression.

i believe AR doesn’t know about JYT’s new life.  KB’s plan to make sure JYT will never flirt with AR ever again :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 16