[Drama 2018] Terius Behind Me/ My Secret Terius 내 뒤에 테리우스

larus

OMG !!! So Ji Sub is so DADDY in that Ahjumma Fashion!! He's so hot, it's not even funny anymore!! If he was my man, I would make wear my mommy pants (which I don't own) every other day!!! He's the hottest cross-dresser on the planet right now!

I'm finally getting my wish for a romance. The ship is a tiny dot on the horizon, but it's coming towards the port!! That hug made me sweat, but I confess my spirit was lifted higher by SJS in mommy wear! They also used hugging to show who has more affection for the other, because when Yoo Ji Yeon saw Kim Bon, she's the one who latched on to him more. (That love square needs to be broken up quickly!)

I am basically fine with AR and KB getting together, but I would rather AR had told the children the truth, that their father passed away. Is it part of the story line? If she tells the children the truth, as she will have to, will they reject Bon Kim? Is the writer setting that up as a stumbling block to the romance? I recall in the drama Five Enough, the kids who loved their mother's new boyfriend started exhibiting anger and aggression once they got married, creating drama after the happily ever after. That angle is too late to take now, seeing as we only have four episodes. There's no need for Joon-Joon to start processing anger at the reveal, so I am waiting to see how the writer resolves the issue. There's a violent murderer on the loose (who freaks me out!), and an evil empire needs to be brought down. But of utmost importance is that my couple must have enough screen time!! I need the pay off! No handshakes please!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, galaxy97 said:

I actually start to wonder abt this thing. From the way Bon talked abt it seems like they alr progressed into another level of relationship like a couple or something but in fact both of them never declare it yet. So at this point i actually wonder abt aerin's reception, i mean despite so many signals and hints Bon are giving to her lately; nose kiss, hug, Bon telling her that he want aerin to be the first person knowing that he's still alive, despite all of that, for me she still remains 'quiet' and 'unbothered' abt it. I mean wont she for once start to question abt Bon's feeling towards her? Or at least have some thought abt that? Or asking Bon personally? Yes i could see her falling for Bon too but i just wonder why she not even for once wonder why Bon reacting that way... it's like something that happened without opening and closure. even when her mom trying to poke her abt Bon by saying how great he is, she just reply 'yes he is a great man'.... arghhh it's hard to explain....(ive limited english vocab lol sorry)

Btw i wonder how many days have passed since aerin move to jeju? The way she said 'the usual right?' to that woman customer seems like it have been a few weeks at least right?

I believe the feeling is mutual. It was understood.  When she said ‘Thank you for being alive’, to me that is already a confession.  It shows that she needs him.  Both need each other to heal.  I love romances like this, very minimal skinship but you get the feels just from the conversation, body language and their actions.  We know for sure that aerin is very worried for Bon especially when he said he will catch the bad guy.  I think she is worried that he is going to get killed again.  

Now i am worried about the 2 ahjummas.  Not sure if Bon knows Aerin is back, he is sure going to be upset (maybe) as she is now in danger.  Why didn’t she call Yoo or Bon about the USB ?:grimace:

btw i cried when Aerin cried in the living room alone.. cannot take it. Just feel like hugging her :tears:

28 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

Who cried when AR cried in her living room alone saying it was difficult...

ME....

I was at the airport waiting for my flight to Kuala Lumpur. I watched this episode at the departure hall and I cried at the corner. I think 2 men sitting in front of me found me weird because I cried while looking at my laptop. But I just cant help it. :bawling:

54 minutes ago, africandramalover said:

OMG !!! So Ji Sub is so DADDY in that Ahjumma Fashion!! He's so hot, it's not even funny anymore!! If he was my man, I would make wear my mommy pants (which I don't own) every other day!!! He's the hottest cross-dresser on the planet right now!

I'm finally getting my wish for a romance. The ship is a tiny dot on the horizon, but it's coming towards the port!! That hug made me sweat, but I confess my spirit was lifted higher by SJS in mommy wear! They also used hugging to show who has more affection for the other, because when Yoo Ji Yeon saw Kim Bon, she's the one who latched on to him more. (That love square needs to be broken up quickly!)

I am basically fine with AR and KB getting together, but I would rather AR had told the children the truth, that their father passed away. Is it part of the story line? If she tells the children the truth, as she will have to, will they reject Bon Kim? Is the writer setting that up as a stumbling block to the romance? I recall in the drama Five Enough, the kids who loved their mother's new boyfriend started exhibiting anger and aggression once they got married, creating drama after the happily ever after. That angle is too late to take now, seeing as we only have four episodes. There's no need for Joon-Joon to start processing anger at the reveal, so I am waiting to see how the writer resolves the issue. There's a violent murderer on the loose (who freaks me out!), and an evil empire needs to be brought down. But of utmost importance is that my couple must have enough screen time!! I need the pay off! No handshakes please!

I agree!!! He's still look hot and suave in that ahjumma clothes. Life is unfair, isnt it?? hahahahah!!

Fancam...

Spoiler

I wonder who is the girl in that blue clothes. She is too small to be jung in sun tho. And doesnt look like joon hee either. The grey one is so ji sub.

Spoiler

This is from the same place as above. Who is there with him?

P/s: son ho joon alr received another drama offer even before this drama end lol! I hope jis and sjs too will straightly get another drama offer after this as well:)

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

And that little hint that AR always wants to do her best too, when she tried to suggest to her cafe boss about how to increase sales.... :D only to be shot down by the boss who doesn't care about it.

This little bit really made me laugh and left me wondering if Bon or YJY had set up yet another cover business for AR to work at. Her new boss' words were far too similar to those she received at J International and King's Bag. :lol:

Thank you for translating the clip at the beach @stroppyse I always love your translation best because you include the nuances of the dialogue so that we, who are at the mercy of subs, can understand much better what actually transpired between the characters.

One :heart: sticker for you. :)

Thank you @stroppyse for all the translations.  I love reading them even though the subs are available.  I find korean language is not as easy as it seems to be.  I have to be honest that i compare the subs with your translations and from there i will know which sites that are reliable.  :)

Thank you again :heart:

i hope aerin, the twins and kim bon can go back to king’s castle and live there.. i really love the interaction between them and KIS members. the drama is fun because of them lol.. imagine having such loyal friends/neighbours in real life..how great would life be.. 

after all this mess, maybe aerin and kimbon can set up an investigation agency and be private investigators and live happily ever after... i hope they dont stay in jeju..  :phew:

Random observations.

I couldn't work out what was weird about Yoon and the other female agent riding in the car. Yup. What was weird is that this is the first time I have seen backseat passengers wearing a seatbelt.

In the WHOLE beach which has NO seating, we have Kim Bon plonked down on a bench which is not fitted to anything. Which can be carted away. Yes I did check that it was put above the high tide level.

Does that mean if Clara Choi died that means she wasn't the Special Forces cook's wife?

And did Ae Rin grieve harder for Kim Bon than her husband of like at least 8 years?

9 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Random observations.

And did Ae Rin grieve harder for Kim Bon than her husband of like at least 8 years?

yepp the only thing in the drama that bugged me is the fact they hardly mentioned the husband after he died. if he was dead for a few years already i would understand but as we discussed earlier, only 2 months had passed..

when bon left, the twins asked about him often but they hrdly asked about the father after aerin said he went to work in the heaven.. so the role of the husband/father is less important than the babysitter? that seems a bit off for me :o

13 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

when bon left, the twins asked about him often but they hrdly asked about the father after aerin said he went to work in the heaven.. so the role of the husband/father is less important than the babysitter? that seems a bit off for me :o

This happens when a parent is not close or spend enough time with their children.  So it is not something off in real life.  I assume that the relationship between the twins and their father is not very close.  The main caregiver is aerin.  Also Bon spends alot of time entertaining and attend to them hence the attachment.

3 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

yepp the only thing in the drama that bugged me is the fact they hardly mentioned the husband after he died. if he was dead for a few years already i would understand but as we discussed earlier, only 2 months had passed..

There is this term called father absense or absent father (?) in psychology which leads to children's emotional problem as they are growing up. Father is still living but hardly around the family. 

I am not a psychologist but I have seen first hand how children are more attached to their caregiver truly happening around me. Where I come from, many families use the service of nannies, some rich families even have one nanny for each of their children. Sometimes it is because the parents are busy, but I have seen families where the mother actually stayed home, but have nannies take care of the kids, while she is busy with herself. Most of these kids look for their nannies more often than their parents. They are more emotionally attached to their nannies, to the point of throwing tantrums and rebelling when the nannies quit. Yes, I've seen some such cases first hand. 

It is a sad situation but nonetheless a very real situation in some places. Which is why I don't have a hard time at all seeing JJ twins more attached to Bon than their father. 

1 hour ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i hope aerin, the twins and kim bon can go back to king’s castle and live there.. i really love the interaction between them and KIS members. the drama is fun because of them lol.. imagine having such loyal friends/neighbours in real life..how great would life be.. 

after all this mess, maybe aerin and kimbon can set up an investigation agency and be private investigators and live happily ever after... i hope they dont stay in jeju..  :phew:

Yes agreed... king castle held so many memories for them and also for us viewers. And yep the highlight there is having such a loyal friends/neighbours like kis. And not gonna lie the first thing that bother me when aerin decided to move to jeju for a while is her kis friends as aerin cant see them during the time she's in jeju :tears: and when i first heard aerin gonna sell her apartment, i am like noooo dont sell ittttt pleaseee. Glad she cancel the selling afterwards. 

Btw no naver translation for yesterday episode yet? Abt the hug scene perhaps?

And agree with both @ktcjdrama and @zba72... what i can assumed from earlier ep, her husband is someone that more devoted with his work and always came home late at night and probably when the children slept alr. Thus the time that he's devoting for his children might only during weekends (or only during the time he's reading for them a bedtime stories but this is not enough for the children that age, they need more affection and attention than that). But im not blaming him either. Afterall he did that to feed his own family but maybe bc of that the children felt a bit of gap with their own father while for Bon, eventho his time with the children is short (compared to the father) but we can clearly see he left such a great impact to joon-joon lives (the twins even become more discipline now). This might be greater than what their own father could give during those 6-8 years.

So again, im not surprised with how joon-joon care more abt Bon compared to their father. Kid loves attention and affection and that what Bon is continuosly giving right now and then.

I have reached the snoring part. Did the writer meant for it to be funny?

I don't think so. Are we to infer that he is so comfortable with them that he let his guard down for the first time in 3 yrs? And is completely exhausted?

Another thing niggling at me.

Regarding the deceased husband, if he left before kids went to school and come after bedtime, it means he saw them less than 5hrs Mon to Fri. Then if he worked on the weekends. Or did not do daddy things with them their interaction is minimal. I remember 2 of the dads in Superman Returns said they came on the show to spend more time with the children. One was that soccer player dad who seems to be based in the Middle East. 

That's why the goose fathers always made me sad just even thinking about them.

13 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Are we to infer that he is so comfortable with them that he let his guard down for the first time in 3 yrs? And is completely exhausted?

I think beside the exhaustion, he does feel comfortable and able to let his guard down around them, or rather, he chose to not put up any guard with them. Since everybody thought he is dead, he probably didn't have any reason to be on guard too. 

Although AR's mother was the one who invited him to stay over, she was also the one who told him to go ahead sleep somewhere else he feels more comfortable but please come back in the morning for breakfast together. At this "clearance to leave", Bon could have chosen to just do so but instead he chose to sleep over anyway, when no one else insisted further for him to stay the night. 

18 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

I have reached the snoring part. Did the writer meant for it to be funny?

I don't think so. Are we to infer that he is so comfortable with them that he let his guard down for the first time in 3 yrs? And is completely exhausted?

We know very little of KB.  We only know that he is a very good exNIS agent who is efficient and good at what he does.  My take is that the writer is trying to show us that he is just like any of us despite his abilities.  Aerin and family is slowly getting him out of his shell.   

32 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think beside the exhaustion, he does feel comfortable and able to let his guard down around them, or rather, he chose to not put up any guard with them. Since everybody thought he is dead, he probably didn't have any reason to be on guard too. 

Although AR's mother was the one who invited him to stay over, she was also the one who told him to go ahead sleep somewhere else he feels more comfortable but please come back in the morning for breakfast together. At this "clearance to leave", Bon could have chosen to just do so but instead he chose to sleep over anyway, when no one else insisted further for him to stay the night. 

I think you are right.

Bon has always been on the edge. The fear of discovery. The fact he may be killed and no one would know.

In Jeju, he was sleeping in the same room as three other adults and to snore would mean you have totally relaxed your guard.

And how cute it was that little Joon was sound asleep and had his leg thrown over Bon's. My awwww moment.

Oh wait, after rewatching latest episode, i think i know why aerin didnt call either Bon or Yoo. Bc at that moment, she remember Bon once said to her that she will be put in more danger the more secret she know. I think from his words, she got an instinct that yoo and Bon know alr abt her husband being a witness to sungsoo's death. Thus making her cant trust them a bit maybe (bc they kept it a secret to her).

Or another reason is, she might be so curious to know what is inside the usb after eunha told her that even her husband death information is also there to the point that she forgot to report such a crucial thing to either Bon and Yoo first.

Archived