[Drama 2018] Terius Behind Me/ My Secret Terius 내 뒤에 테리우스

larus

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, triplem said:

Indeed. I do have a soft spot for SJH especially after binge watching GBC.  JYT has has it tough...he was conned and became a con.  But the Voice won't let him off the hook so easy. He will likely have to be on the run till Bon is back in the picture ( which was in tonight's episode) cause from the live caps I don't think he trusts Yoo or anyone in the NIS since he knows too much and that he is well aware of how corrupted the NIS is.  @ktcjdrama ( thanks for the recaps)  I think it could be him ...the dude is a survivor. He knows he has to find a way to keep himself alive.

I am very appreciative of you and @dramaninja for sticking with us . Always interesting to read a male perspective . And it takes a real man to suffer through our pages and pages of fangirling  over "ko-ko"  just to get to the bottom of the story. :lol:.

@thistle there's a Quiznoz not too far from where I am ...thanks to this drama i tried it and was tasty. Better than Subway :P

@Visually-wandering I know you are sad coz no happang in the other drama :D . But  here we will be lucky to get a kiss. As you can see they only allow one skinship per episode.

------------------

You know I have been thinking a lot about the romance  ;) and the delicate issue of AeRin being a widow with 2 kids. While I am personally very liberal in my thinking as I seriously do not think there's such a thing as the right time for her to fall in love again or look at another man, I do understand the sentiment of the audience at large. Just my perspective - AeRin's marriage was quite  typical of couples struggling to balance work , parenting , finances etc . While I am sure she loved her husband, I do think that they were going through the motions of being married and being parents. Her tears and regret at the funeral is to be expected , because she's been with this man for more than a decade. Even if you are not madly in love anymore , you would still feel sad and sentimental.  The tears were also brought about by her sudden realisation that she's going to be raising 2 kids alone and she was at that time unemployed. These feelings can be overwhelming. Plus there was regret that she did not manage to make things right with him before he died.

So does having  affections  for Bon now so shortly after the husband's death mean she has forgotten her husband ? Honestly I don't think so. He would always be remembered as her first love and the father of her children. But I don't see any problem in her moving on , she's not cheating on him.  For some folks it takes them years to get over a break-up what more death ( watch the 3rd charm & you will know what i mean ) . For some, they tend to look ahead and don't dwell too much on the past. I believe that we don't see AeRin moping and mourning is primarily because she's always been a tough cookie who is able to  rise above the challenges that came her way. Her mum said that about her at the funeral.  Plus if you have two other mouths to feed, your own feelings will become the least of your priorities. 

And for the twins, I can tell you why they don't seem to miss dad. Besides what AeRin said to them, at that age the person they would miss the most is the primary caregiver - which was AeRin. From the little we have been shown dad hardly saw them. This was true of my own boy.  My husband used to work such long hours that he hardly had time with our son. When he went away for work etc, my son (he's 8  now) hardly asked for him . But if I were to go just a day away, he would cry like it's the end of the world because I spend the most time caring and looking after him. So Joon Joon won't miss dad much as he has not put in the emotional investment that AeRin or even Bon has.  

The PD and writer have been very good at keeping the romance going without ruffling anyone's feathers. They respect that the audience may have reservations .The skinship has been slow and the focus has been alot more on emotional connection and support as opposed to a physical attraction. So I think it is good timing for the romance to take off - we really only have 4 more hours left. 

@triplem many good thoughts here.  Joon-Joon sadly were not getting the time with their father as all children need.  Both boys and girls need positive adult role models of both genders.  I am very glad to see that KB is filling that role very nicely.

I do think that the writer & director have done a pretty good job of not making the blossoming romance overly quick or in our faces.  I think they are being sensitive to the general audience.  The writers were in somewhat of a no-win situation on this one in terms of trying to please everyone.  Like all things, you do your best and hope for the best.

I also have to admit that I find the pacing of the romance on Terius much better than Where Stars Land.  Goodness Gracious!  The pace of that romance is hard to keep up with.  Please don't blast me for this.  I just like the pacing on Terius a little more natural than the 3-second thing on WSL.  I do love the WSL series as well.

2 hours ago, thistle said:

I remember reading an article that discussed the fact that people who had been either happily or comfortably married were very likely to marry within a year of being widowed, so it happens a lot in real life.  While AR and her husband may not have been blissfully happy, they were obviously comfortable with one another and comfortable with married life.  It makes sense that she would be able to fall in love again.

LOL, what they don't tell you is that for the older generation, men, in particular, are looking for a woman that will take care of them like their previous spouse.  My Mom has been approached by several older gentlemen that were not really looking for romance, but something more akin to a friend/housekeeper/cook.  I think for a lot of folks, after having lived with someone for so long, the prospect of living by one's self is a very lonely proposition.

1 hour ago, larrysouth said:

@triplem many good thoughts here.  Joon-Joon sadly were not getting the time with their father as all children need.  Both boys and girls need positive adult role models of both genders.  I am very glad to see that KB is filling that role very nicely.

I do think that the writer & director have done a pretty good job of not making the blossoming romance overly quick or in our faces.  I think they are being sensitive to the general audience.  The writers were in somewhat of a no-win situation on this one in terms of trying to please everyone.  Like all things, you do your best and hope for the best.

I also have to admit that I find the pacing of the romance on Terius much better than Where Stars Land.  Goodness Gracious!  The pace of that romance is hard to keep up with.  Please don't blast me for this.  I just like the pacing on Terius a little more natural than the 3-second thing on WSL.  I do love the WSL series as well.

Ditto. Though Where Stars Land is my second favorite of all the current Drama offerings.

Third Charm doesn't do it for me anymore, and I just peek into Devilish Joy now and then these days.

Terrius has take top priority (esp with its hilarious moments too, along with its really comfortable  fluidly natural :wub:romance moments. Very nicely put Triplem! :thumbsup:  )

She said :"she push herself hard every day, yet in the end it turns out this way again"I dont think she know how mcuh she cares about him since he seems on the  level of her  late husband already

She also said she was able to cheer up because of him.

8 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm not sure if you mean interesting good, interesting bad, or just noticing. However, I could understand why AR was only moving on after she thought Bon was dead. When her husband died, her focus was on just keeping things together. And, at Kings Apartments, she had a support network in place, plus it turns out that her mother had wanted her to live differently than her mother had lived, meaning by succeeding in the big city rather than living in a village.  And, Bon stepped in right when she needed him to in order to look after her children so that she could focus on working and keeping things going. Also, I have to say this, but her husband and she had been drifting. The husband had not been helping AR with her day to day life in the way that Bon has in interacting with her and her children.

So, when she thought Bon was dead, it's as if all the restraints she had been putting on herself came out. All the feelings of loss and hurt since her husband had died that she had been too busy to process seems to have come flooding out of her, and ultimately, she needed her mother as she tells J-J.

Also despite thinking Bon had died, AR doesn't really have any claims to Bon's life. Meaning that AR would not have been involved with his funeral or disposing of his effects. So, just the news that he was dead and the emptied apartment were her only touchstones.

And also, I still think that AR had been developing deep feelings for Bon. Perhaps she wasn't quite aware that they were romantic as yet, but she and Bon definitely had a deep connection, plus Bon was her consistent source of support. So losing even the promise of seeing him again, I can see why she needed to run to someone who was a consistent person of support and comfort in her life, her parents.

Yeah you basically said  everything  wanted to say but much better lol :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I'm not sure if you mean interesting good, interesting bad, or just noticing. However, I could understand why AR was only moving on after she thought Bon was dead.

You've made really good points; very well-thought-out.

Perhaps there is just one more thing that might have pushed AR into moving:  Bon's death came immediately after the bio-bomb scare at the kids' school.  

AR is aware that a lot of spy stuff has been going on but now her kids almost got caught up in it.  She is the only security the kids have now, and she can't lean on Bon if he's dead.  Her KIS friends are great but even they could only help when it came to the hazard at the school because AR told them about the problem; they didn't know ahead of time.  Once Bon is gone, AR can't count on getting that sort of information any more and she can't trust some of the people around her--she knows this especially because she is aware of what happened to the husband of Runny Mascara Mom (sorry, can't remember her name) because he was the one who planted the bomb.  AR would have to be imagining danger around ever corner, and she had to protect her kids.

The only smart thing to do would be to get far away to a place of reasonable safety with people she can entrust her kids to.

10 hours ago, larrysouth said:

LOL, what they don't tell you is that for the older generation, men, in particular, are looking for a woman that will take care of them like their previous spouse.  My Mom has been approached by several older gentlemen that were not really looking for romance, but something more akin to a friend/housekeeper/cook.  I think for a lot of folks, after having lived with someone for so long, the prospect of living by one's self is a very lonely proposition.

LOL, AGREE  :)

1) Not to mention the physical gratification part  - for men esp (not trying to be sexist, just realistic).

It's likely they will hitch up again in 5 yrs (yes I had a client who was seeking female companions 1yr after his wife of THIRTY yrs died. They had an amicable relationship. And Ex-BIL married within 3 yrs, after his wife passed away at 39).

My widowed mom (attractive for her ag -  64 then) was also approached within a yr by older gentlemen - some looking at her as a companion, some looking at sizeable assets, a couple were even married(!)  ... but she said NO very firmly each time:

"Been happily  married for over 30 yrs, and that's how I will remain - I have only one husband"

2) Psychologically, and even just common sense wise =  it makes more sense that IF folks were happily stable in one relationship ... that they'd even want to try replicate those same emotions by taking a RISK in another stranger so soon.

Rather, it'd be more logical that they'd want to cling onto that history for a while, and grieve longer/wrap themselves in happy m'ries cocoon ... for that sharedpast/dead person who they shared those happy m'ries with.

It's always the very close and happily married companions who feel that sense of HUGE loss, when one partner leaves first. It's like losing your soul-mate, friend, twin in the relationship who did everything, and talked so much with you. Then s'times they even follow suit which is why very loving spouses s'times die one after another within a couple of years.

IF couples weren't that close, a relationship wasn't that tightly knitted  = it wld be more like the Joon-Joon twins and their (absent) dad. He's NOT that missed. And really neither is that relationship.

Sure that same sense of shock/bereavement ... but it wld be much easier to move on. It's only the shared HISTORY that is binding but not the current 'feels' you have with the dead person.

OH MY GOSH!  Just finished watching Wed ep and no sub Thu ep!  This show is racking my brain!  Waaahhh!!!  

Wed's ep was EXPLOSIVE!  Great mixture of everything! 

The much-awaited nose kiss

Bon-Joon moment

BonTae bromance scenes.  JYT never fails to make me laugh. XD

I'd like to commend how they revealed the secrets of AR's friends (great editing there), and also let me just commend Im Se Mi on her scene when she thought Bon died.  :thumbsup:  I'm waiting for her other dramatic moment when she learns that the NIS boss she trusts is actually the mole/spy (if my theory is right).

I will comment more later on the THU ep.  I don't know why but I clapped when I saw JYT in a suit again. :lol:  Then later on got confused and shocked that he's talking to the bad guy (I thought at first he was meeting the NIS boss).  He chose the bad side again!  Oh no!!! :( But he could be just trying to find out more about the organization.  He is gonna be the spy of the Terius team. :)  

The BTS is funny too!  Plus we get a bonus with SHJ dancing (with no music) :lol: :joy: 

On 10/30/2018 at 2:55 PM, thistle said:

Uri is one of about 3 Korean words that I know (and we can thank Because This Is My First Life for this one).  It means "our"  

On 10/30/2018 at 5:15 PM, supergal99 said:

Hahaha... @kyutrogue yap 'uri' = 'our'. *wink* to uri @thistle and @ktcjdrama

Ah.  Thanks!  Now I got another word on my Korean vocabulary list.  :D  

On 10/31/2018 at 6:13 AM, littlerain said:

I think too that JYT began to take interest in Mrs Go first bcs of feeling bad abt what happened to her husband .

When he got on his knees to ask her to forgive him it was about that too even if she didn't know it. :mellow:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_uqgiav.jpg?type=w800

But since his feelings evolved towards this "weird ajumma " as he said as he didn't realized it yet.:(

Of course M. Bon or not, that won't lead to nowhere but sadness. Personally I'm afraid to watch the scene she will find out...:tears:
Now especially that he seems to trust them enough. It was cute and funny to see these scenes in hospital

Reveal hidden contents

20181025_215832.png?type=w800

IMG_20181030_200210_135.jpg?type=w800

20181025_221142.png?type=w800

but is it weird I still hope though we will still see other sides? (but not very evil either ?) :sweatingbullets:

With main plot turned so intense I could understand we won't see him that much but not definitely & even more not in hospital right away. :bawling:
About K finding him that fast viewers need an answer from writernim indeed but I hope we won't know that trough tragic scene. :bawling: Am I the only one who would miss JYT if that'd happen? :blush:

Plus we need more bromances scenes.:D

Oooooh...you are right!  JYT's apology could have also been for the death of her husband.  

During the conversation of AR & Bon on the phone (which JYT interrupted with his tambourine noise), I got a feeling that JYT sensed that there is a romance brewing between the two.  Maybe he was jealous?  Or it could be that he just wants to annoy & bother them because that's his nature. :joy:

So we found out how Agent K is able to locate JYT right away.  And it also looks like they have a connection with the police.  

But oh nooo....uri JYT is joining the bad guys again! :(  What do you think about that?  I think he will end up sacrificing his life for Bon or AR but he will be happy he chose the right path.  I'm sorry I'm thinking of a tragic ending for our JYT. :(  I'll be sad if it happens but it would be a great redemption for his character. ;)  But it would be better if the writers could think of a way to give him a redemption but still be alive. :) 

On 10/31/2018 at 7:27 AM, inna75 said:

OMG Chinggu!! You are so spot on!..I hope what you predict next will happen too, even if the nose kiss already made me so giddy right now!!:wub:..we dont have much time since there are 5 eps to go..

BTW.. of course Bon is not dead in that bombing..come on Writer nim..who are you trying to fool.....#stillhoping

HAHAHA!!  I knew it would happen!  Now, the "almost kiss" has to happen.  They might show it in the teaser/preview if it's gonna be on the next ep.  But since it's only 4 more eps to go and I think AR is gonna be mad at KB for lying about her husband's death.....we'll never know what could happen.  Maybe a surprise/shocking kiss from Bon earlier than expected?!

Haha!  I knew that he escaped before that explosion.  My theory that NIS female boss might NOT be the bad guy afterall is being elevated as she might be the one who let Bon escape without the NIS male boss knowing.  She could even be a spy in the Cornerstone/Golden Clover club.

On 10/31/2018 at 7:39 AM, triplem said:

But I have to post this ..I’m dying laughing...Bon doing push ups ( squeals ) & JYT admiring :joy:..I cannot every time he calls Bon - brudder

OTP having nice sweet talk & Guess who touches his tambourine....:lol:

JYT got scolded for it 

On 10/31/2018 at 7:45 AM, turtle0217 said:

I swear JYT is hilarious. These past for days every time I say "okay" I immediately think of the way he says it and his finger. Hahaha! :lol: And his constant of calling Bon "Brother" in his broken english. Lol. Some nice comedy here.

JYT has always been the jealous type.  He was jealous and demanded AR's attention, then later KB's attention.  And he is even jealous of Bon's muscles!  HAHAHAHA!!!  JYT is hilarious but now he is going to show us his serious side again.  I LOVE IT!!

Have you guys seen this blooper?  There's some serious bromance going on here. :lol:  SHJ saying "cut, cut, cut!"  He can't take it anymore!  HAHAHAHA!  :joy:  This clip is even funnier than what aired on the show (it's like an extended clip actually too).  Hope somebody can translate. :D

I have yet to catch up on the past 5 pages, but I think that this drama has made me so eager for a romantic connection between Bon and AR that the simplest things send me into a frenzy: I screamed when AR walked on the beach and dropped the coffees at the sight in front of her. :lol:

Just that, and my heart almost skipped a beat. Looking for a friend... Who else got a strong reaction there? :lol: 

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Does doing a little happy dance count? :D 

Just remember that "uri" which technically does mean "our", but it also frequently is used instead of "my" whereas in English we would use "my". :)

Nope. I refuse to believe that JYT is going to die in this drama. Not fitting with this drama at all. He's going to survive and be Bon's whiny little brother with a crush on AR and so mad jealousy because AR and Bon have a connection that will become a relationship. :D

Seriously though, I don't think he's joining up with the bad guys again. I think he's either going to be subversive or find intel needed to bring them down or something like that. However, JYT doesn't know who he can trust other than Bon, so he's playing a close hand.

Agreed. I think JYT is trying to bring down Black Clover simply because before he made his move he reflected on Bon’s challenge to him about choosing his path. Bon told him that doing the right thing is hard and doing the opposite is easy. I think JYT will try the difficult path now especially since he seemed genuine when he told Bon about the trigger in his past that led to his dangerous life as a conman. He seemed genuinely remorseful so this time I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

@triplem @stroppyse Love the thoughts you have shared about the romance aspect of this drama. I concur with all of them.

AR indeed is a tough cookie. She is not fazed by her circumstances but choose to get up and move on. I love that about her. We did see her mourning for her husband, and for Bon too, very briefly shown and the story goes on. Being a mother of two, she can't afford to wallow in despair and self-pity. For Bon's death, she can't even tell any of her friends but kept it to herself.

what i really like about this drama is aerin’s character.. she really is tough and doesnt dwell on sadness and grief.. she picks herself up and move on with life. even after her husband and bon’s death..  i love to see strong women in dramas. after whats wrong with sec kim, this has to be my 2nd fav drama of this year.. i watched where stars land too but quickly lost interest.

ps**please recommend good dramas to me chinguss

Just finished watching with eng sub and yup another great episode! 

Maybe im too sensitive or what but i start to cry when aerin start to cry. The way she said thank you to Bon with those tears really got me :bawling:

And abt the guy who we saw walking into Bon's hiding place, if it was jin yong tae i just wish he came there to tell Bon abt K plan to kill aerin and EH. I do think secretary park and jyt still exchange some secret information here and there so at this point secretary park could be the one who told jyt abt K plan. He is there afterall and I still see him as a loyal secretary to jyt instead of a total villain so who knows...

Eventho i said all good people in this drama have nine lives before but now after watching the ep i become so worried abt Eunha and aerin. Im seriously dont want another depress scene where aerin or eunha got shot then survived and etc. Eventho i could alr picture aerin getting the shot to save eunha. But please writer i dont want that.

Lastly, i highkey hope they could extend this drama for another 4 full episode making it 20 at least. Or maybe 2 more episodes. Im fine with that too

I just watched with subs... I love the conversation between Bon and AR by the beach while watching JJ play. To me, it is sort of a confession already from Bon. And a promise too that he'll be back for them. He revealed that he is tired of his life that is hiding and keeping his guard up with other people, that he is lonely. He thanked AR for sharing with him her strength. He asked AR and JJ to just stay in Jeju and recharge until he catches the bad guys, and determined this time he will catch them.

Previously we have AR thanked Bon when she was grieving on her sofa. Because of him, she was able to hold herself up until then. She admitted to being tired too about the happenings in her life. Both of them have been a pillar of support for each other.... :wub:

Glad to get to know AR's family through this episode. How interesting that we find out AR's mom is a very capable woman herself. Through the ahjummas coming in to find her, we know that she excels in everything she does. No need to wonder now where AR got her capabilities. And that little hint that AR always wants to do her best too, when she tried to suggest to her cafe boss about how to increase sales.... :D only to be shot down by the boss who doesn't care about it.

11 hours ago, galaxy97 said:

Lastly, i highkey hope they could extend this drama for another 4 full episode making it 20 at least. Or maybe 2 more episodes. Im fine with that too

I do not often wish for extensions bec they can often go awry even in an enjoyable one.

But for this one - I think it would be just fine - so far the suspense, pacing, romance, everything. Even the some of the crazy 'park your brains' spy stunts and intrigue were fine.  And I will be so loathe to let AR, Bon and the twins go ... followed by KIS and all the side bromances.  :( 

So enjoyable an overall drama ... of all the current choices ... this one definitely has first dibs on my heart! :wub:

49 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I love the conversation between Bon and AR by the beach while watching JJ play. To me, it is sort of a confession already from Bon. And a promise too that he'll be back for them. He revealed that he is tired of his life that is hiding and keeping his guard up with other people, that he is lonely. He thanked AR for sharing with him her strength. He asked AR and JJ to just stay in Jeju and recharge until he catches the bad guys, and determined this time he will catch them.

Previously we have AR thanked Bon when she was grieving on her sofa. Because of him, she was able to hold herself up until then. She admitted to being tired too about the happenings in her life. Both of them has been a pillar of support for each other

I actually start to wonder abt this thing. From the way Bon talked abt it seems like they alr progressed into another level of relationship like a couple or something but in fact both of them never declare it yet. So at this point i actually wonder abt aerin's reception, i mean despite so many signals and hints Bon are giving to her lately; nose kiss, hug, Bon telling her that he want aerin to be the first person knowing that he's still alive, despite all of that, for me she still remains 'quiet' and 'unbothered' abt it. I mean wont she for once start to question abt Bon's feeling towards her? Or at least have some thought abt that? Or asking Bon personally? Yes i could see her falling for Bon too but i just wonder why she not even for once wonder why Bon reacting that way... it's like something that happened without opening and closure. even when her mom trying to poke her abt Bon by saying how great he is, she just reply 'yes he is a great man'.... arghhh it's hard to explain....(ive limited english vocab lol sorry)

Btw i wonder how many days have passed since aerin move to jeju? The way she said 'the usual right?' to that woman customer seems like it have been a few weeks at least right?

Archived