Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Gyeryong Fairy Tale / Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter, 계룡선녀전

This is a heartwarming simple story of love and redemption, coinciding with the gift of the Christmas season. Thanks for sticking and happy holidays! 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Such a lovely drama. I really enjoyed watching it . Thank you all for sharing. BTW, Just noticed the picture in the poster, the same family all smiles except Prof Jeong. 

The PDnim gave us the hint from the start. (sorry for my bad English just want to show my support for this drama) 

• Like 6

such a wonderful drama. hays. I feel sad that there will be no more episodes of this. This drama may not be the best of the best 2018 but it has seriously given me a rollercoaster ride. I had all the fun and the cries from this one. The messages of love, selflessness, friendship and family were on point. Excited to see Episode 16 for tomorrow! Thank you guys for welcoming me on this thread~ and to the casts, writers, staffs, producers thank you for giving us such an awesome show ^-^

• Like 7

I have not seen the last episode yet, but I like ENOUGH well this drama, it is quite obvious that OK Nam had to finish with geummi the second male.
However, I find that the love story was not well written in this drama, it's a shame, for different reasons. In general love triangles are hard enough, everyone wants to choose his camp, but there the story that takes the events of the webtoon lacks energy, understanding. they spent a lot of time showing us the development of the character of the teacher jung, a lot of screentime for prof jung in this drama, at the same time it's him the lead male, it's understanding, I love the actor, it should not be easy this role, at first I did not see him too much in this kind of character but he surprised me a lot

IN ALL CASES CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WHOLE DRAMA TEAM AND ACTORS 

• Like 7

Ratings 181225:

#MyStrangeHero: 6.2% | 7.4% 
#JustDance: 2% | 2.5% 
#BadDetective - #LessThanEvil: 7% | 8.7%

#CleanWithPassionForNow: 3.3%
#MamaFairyAndTheWoodcutter: 3.8%

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just finished watching this drama and I must say I'm satisfied with how the things turned out in the end.

The final episode was like a special episode after episode 15 and I am really happy with how they give resolution to every characters. 

Spoiler

Geum Nam becoming a family. Wizard Park being able to read (just a little disappointed that it was the only purpose of the last bean but lol, it's still funny). Gyeong Sul finally has overcome his mental illness and has earned the forgiveness of Geom Soon. Professor Jung having to finally overcome his resentment and pain. Master Gu and Geum's mother being lovey dovey. Anndddd, Professor Lee finally having a chance at Professor Jung's heart (or just let me dream about this one haha, I'm reallly shipping them~). :heart:

This drama was indeed simple and very heartwarming, and I am so glad I've watched it, although I can't lie that there are some scenes where I feel like I'm weired out (especially with the CGI butterfly worm that Professor Jung had dreamt about) and scenes that are unnecessary but were still funny. Surely, what I'll miss from this drama are the bromance, the trio (although many say they are useless, I still love them lol), Professor Jung's handsome face, Geumi's charm all over the drama, Fairy Ok Nam being super pretty on the screen, Cho Bong Dae making me laugh so hard and Professor Lee's skinship plan to win over the professor. :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling: 

Surely this drama is flawed, but the heartwarming message of love, friendship, family, selflessness and redemption were on point--everytime I remember the story of the past Geum and the past Jung, I feel like I am always going to cry. :cry::cry:

Spoiler

Btw, this final episode has too much cute expressions from Chae Wonnie and I can't help but to giggle . :wub: Geum Nam being lovey-dove was cute too:wub:. I am just sad that I didn't see Dol grow some scales like a dragon and as well there are no more Cho Bong Dae in the end.  >.< And the two assistants? I thought they would be together in the end

Anyway, I really want to thank and congratulate all the casts, staffs and producers for giving us a good show! ^^

Now, what shall I do with my life now that it was finished? Maybe I'll find myself too like what Professor Jung is doing and clean the feces of the cows? :lol:

btw...

• Like 7

I cried throughout episode 16. Even though the journey was long and I want to quit watching it, I'm glad I continued. The ending was just perfect. Nothing more nothing less. Just the right amount of things. Tbh it didn't seem too rush of a ending for me.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Kor Yer Chang said:

I cried throughout episode 16. Even though the journey was long and I want to quit watching it, I'm glad I continued. The ending was just perfect. Nothing less. Just the right amount of things. it didn't seem too rush of ending for me.

yes the last episode is just perfect. actually for me the real ending is episode 15, I cried a lot on episode 15 and this one is like their Christmas gift to us :wub: just pure love.

• Like 7

im super late in watching ep 16 but now im done. Very satisfying ending, i feel it has closure to every character and not rushed. So glad Geum and OkNam finally have happy ending. I kept thinking how selfless was Dubhae sacrificing his immortality and his chance to be with his love Alkaid, for the sake of saving Izzy... he definitely deserves happy ending. 

Too bad we didnt get to see OkNam in the wester style wedding gown lol how pretty will it be :D

One thing i dont get though, what does the ending of OkNam and Izzy mean? does that mean that Yi Hyun get back or is then able to go back to fairy realm?

I'll be sad now that the drama ends. It's not as popular with the public but i've never felt so much emotion watching like how i felt in ep 16. So many heart-fluttering moments, i kept smiling watching our OTP together omg their nervousness and blushing around each other is so heart-fluttering. Then laughed so hard when Jeom Dol just crash-landing on earth and his father ignored him to embrace OkNam LOL...

Then the sad moment when Kim Geum gave the birchwood top to Jeom Dol. The intense/nervousness feeling with Geum asked OkNam if she ever regretted bathing on earth that day. Anywayssss it evokes so much emotion for me maybe because im drawn and love the drama so much (ehmm i just love our OTP). Will have hard time liking another drama for a while.

oh and how smart is that adding a Dyson ad on the episode >.>

Thanks chingus for all the insights, updates, etc

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So the "original sin" was the villagers sacrificing an orphan to stop the famine. The orphan Lee Ji's s grudge and hatred was so strong that it lasted for centuries. She never knew that there was one person who was on her side, BaWooSae (acorn porridge woman).

In order to save Lee Ji's soul, BaWooSae sacrificed his own immortality and doomed himself to centuries of punishment.

Ok-Nam is an unwitting victim. She never knew what was happening to her or why. She just knows that she loves BaWooSae and she can't remember him or be with him, except for a brief period on earth when they were married. She lives on for 699 years, during which time she experienced her husband's death, her kids' deaths and reincarnation. (Jeom-Soon was reincarnated five times, she said.) What a bummer.

I think it was a interesting story with potential for greatness. I wish that Ok-Nam had more agency or more participation in her fate during the entire story arc. Maybe she played a role in the final reconciliation and taught Lee Ji to forgive, but I don't know if the story did enough to make that point clear. In fact, I think the show should have focused in the epic nature of the overall arc, instead of focusing on the "who is the husband?" game.

I think the most compelling relationship is obviously between Lee Ji and BaWooSae. They were each doomed to be reborn many times, each time living a difficult life (BaWooSae was destined to be poor, unable to find his true love, and Lee Ji is destined to have insomnia and nightmares). Maybe they always became friends in their human forms, but never knew why. It would have been kind of fun to see this, but... this show has a limited budget.

But I did like the overall message - learning how to forgive - and I was genuinely moved when Professor Jeong went to visit his nun-mother and they held hands and cried, finally breaking the long cycle of his grudges.

I feel like if the show really leaned in to the compelling parts of the story like this (and had more budget) this could have been great, like on the level of "Goblin."

(I described the show to a friend this way: "Not as good as 'Goblin,' but way better than 'Bride of Habaek.' Money alone doesn't make a good show, after all.)

The things that I enjoyed:

- Kim Kim - His essential and elemental sweetness is so well-established. I'll never forget how he bought a flower to pin on his hair when other people started making fun of Ok-Nam. It was such a simple gesture, and yet so him. And he is so guileless and lovable, so I feel like the actor and writers did a good job creating this character.

- Jeom-Soon - She's cute and brought the show's energy up whenever she was on screen.

- The Immortal Trio - I know they didn't have many fans, but I still enjoyed their aggressively pointless antics. I usually don't watch shows like "Gag Concert" - because they seem "aggressively pointless" and I also don't get a lot of the cultural jokes. What I feel when I watch those shows is how "aggressive" they seem - as in, "You better laugh at this or else!" I mean, just a whole lot of screaming. Like, the louder I am, the funnier I am?

So this trio was like a Gag Concert type humor transplanted into a K-drama, and ... I don't know, they were fine. I enjoyed them. All three actors really gave it their all. However, they really didn't have much to do in the story, did they? It looks like Ok-Nam is able to travel back and forth to the heavens now, but what about these three? Why was Master Goo banished to earth, anyway?

Anyways... I shouldn't overthink it.

- Geum's mom. She was funny. I have never seen this actress before, but I expect we will see more of her, playing the nosy neighbor type.

- The overall whimsical nature of the show. There was so many moments that were just CUTE.

- PPL works. I want to try Babeans Coffee the next time I visit Korea. Maybe they will have those funny names on the menu - "Deer's Tears, Dark Water, etc."

- Professor Lee. Based on comments on Viki I read while I watched this show, viewers HATED this character, but I thought she was great. Sassy, foul-mouthed, and funny.

- Gender fluidity. I loved that Lee Ji / Geomoon-seong loved Ok-Nam but they were both women. I loved that the sexy book Jeom-Soon wrote was about two men and their love. Etc. I loved that no one made a big deal about any of it.

The things that I did not enjoy:

- Gyeong-Sool. WHAT. I'll just pretend that he didn't exist, which is easy enough because he had nothing to do with anything. Was he part of the original webtoon? Why was he even there? Just to give Jeom Soon something to do?

- Go Du-Shim. She is a legendary actress, and she was only there to play "old" Ok-Nam, then practically disappeared for the second half of the show, popping up just to remind the rest of us that Ok-Nam looks old to other people. What a waste of an amazing actress, but Moon Chae-Won was great, so I guess that's okay.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

A very sweet drama.  Episode 15 was the end and 16 was the epilogue.    

Druthers:  Would have like to see the scene wth Jeom Soon loses her finger, and the guilt that Jeom Dol felt as explained to us. Also would like to have seen Jeom  Dol have a human version like Jeom Soon has.   

I was left wondering the mystery of the Prof Jeong's father (was he a priest? was it a rape? etc.) and also who Geum's dad was.  His mother refers to the difficulty of being a single mom but no further explanation.  But I thought it interesting that both of them did not have a father in their lives growing up.   

And, it is suggested that Fairy has a western style wedding dress this time around. Would have liked to have seen her in a big white fluffy gown.

I was glad to see though that Prof Lee gets her man!  She really does deserve him.   They even show her just showing relief he is alive and well, even if she cannot have him herself.  And, then  just packing up and dropping her life and following him into the wilderness - made me like her.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I really enjoyed this drama!

At first I found it lame with the special effects but the characters were so cute, I couldn't abandon them.

And it got better at the end, with the story of Izy, it was very touching :bawling: I'm glad everyone got a happy ending.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

i feel bad for the lead actor. nice storyline but confusing at the end. the actor sank alone not like goblin both lead actor n actress sank together. :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 1

As tvN’s “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” aired its final episode on December 25, the cast shared their thoughts on their drama coming to an end.

Moon Chae Won, who starred in the drama as the pure and charmingly silly Sun Ock Nam, commented, “I feel bittersweet that it’s already the end. I hope that the many people who watched ‘Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter’ enjoyed watching Ock Nam. The year is ending, so I hope that everyone wraps up the year on a good note and that the coming new year will bring only good things. Thank you to everyone who watched our drama.”

Yoon Hyun Min, who played the cold and standoffish biology professor Jung Yi Hyun, remarked, “Until now, Yi Hyun had to endlessly experience many difficult feelings, but the ending of ‘Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter’ was a special comfort to me and provided me with healing. I would like to thank the viewers for watching the stories of the characters, sympathizing with them, and understanding them up until the very end. I hope that you will remember Jung Yi Hyun and ‘Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter’ in the future and that you will be occasionally be curious about them when they come to mind.”

Seo Ji Hoon played the sweet and warm Kim Geum, who stole the hearts of female viewers. The actor said, “It was an honor to be a part of such a great production with a great director, crew, and cast. While acting as Kim Geum, there were many things that I regretted, and I also learned a lot. In my next work, I will try to show you a better performance. I truly thank you for watching, and I hope that you wrap up the year on a good note. Once again, thank you.”

Rookie actress Yoo Ah Reum commented, “I was very happy to be a part of ‘Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter’ and play the character Ahn Jung Min for the past six months. As it was my first drama, I don’t think I’ll ever be able to forget it. I sincerely thank the viewers who loved Ahn Jung Min and ‘Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter.’ I will meet you again through another production! I hope you end the year warmly.”

source: https://www.soompi.com/article/1283535wpp/mama-fairy-woodcutter-cast-shares-thoughts-dramas-conclusion

• Like 4

Soooo hi guys!

I tried creating some of these .gif images since I figured out it's fun to do so xD

Btw, I miss this thread and I miss the drama too. T.T

:heart:

cutieeee expressions (from Dubhe and Izy)

tumblr_plfyk54Bus1y4vwzpo4_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_plfyk54Bus1y4vwzpo3_640.gif

Pretty Ok Nam :wub:

Spoiler

tumblr_plfyk54Bus1y4vwzpo2_640.gif

tumblr_plfyk54Bus1y4vwzpo1_640.gif

*will add more images of our beautiful fairy especially the one she wore a modern dress*

Family photo of Tale of Gyeryong Fairy :)

giphy.gif

Our OTP (Kim Geum and Ok Nam) :wub:

Spoiler

tumblr_plfzmb1kk61y4vwzpo1_640.gif

*will add more images  to spoil our - hearts*

Izy (first reincarnation of Professor Jung)

and her broken self and heart 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The most touching for me and my most favorite one

...look at them smiling. :')

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Isn't this just very pure and innocent?

The bond that Geum and Professor Jung

from the very first start warms my heart! :')

plus best bromance ever!

giphy.gif

GROUP HUGS!!!!!! 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

:heart:

• Like 1