Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Gyeryong Fairy Tale / Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter, 계룡선녀전

I'm lateee!!! But I managed to watch raw.. and I'm excited to watch it with subs... The only complain I have is the filter they put on for the forest scene was too dark.. i hardly seeing anything, especially the actors expression :bawling: I think they made it darker to mask the fire CG>>  Lightning PDnim pleaseeeeeee :bawling:

And the kisses are cute!! They are a set of a peck and lips press.. Feels like first kiss.. but I find the kisses are suitable for innocent Geum and Ok Nam.. 

Btw Kim Geum looks good and very very cute with long bangs!! I think he's ready for his next saeguk role.. woohooooo

And my naughty edit for Christmas... Have a wonderful Christmas Chingu *hug

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Thanks 1

It's not over yet, but this was quite a cute show. The emphasis on CUTE.

I never felt very invested on *Who was the husband!* I felt very "que sera sera" about it. She will end up with whoever she is supposed to, so just enjoy the ride, I guess.

Lee Ji and Ba Woo Sae, their background is pretty interesting. It was an epic bro-mance (or sis-mance) for eons. The story was a rather nice message, very suitable for a fairy tale. I don't think it took 16 episodes to tell this story, though - but I guess you can say the same of about 50% of K-dramas in existence, so ... *shrug*

Ultimately, this was a nice re-interpretation of the old fairy tale, and I enjoyed all the actors and their performances. I loved that those ahjumma pajamas Kim Kim bought for Miss Fairy turned out to be the winged robe. It is this kind of whimsy that makes this story so cute.

Moon Chae-Won is so amazing. She can make every line reading sound so intense and meaningful, even if the words she is saying are silly.

I even enjoyed the "immortal trio" and their antics. I know most of you think that they are pointless, and I agree. You can even see the three actors just kind of giving up, or sort of laughing at themselves, no longer really caring about what nonsense they are saying. Despite all that, I think they're still amusing and cute.

(The only truly unimportant character remains Kyung-Sool. What is he there for? Why does he exist?)

• Like 13

im just 10 mins into watching the drama and omg how funny was that Jeom Soon the tiger jumping... ROFL

cried a lot when Geum hugged prof Jung

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Like Blue Dragon's shower of rain put out many fires, Episode 15 answers many many questions.  This was a bit convoluted, but yes, all questions answered.    Even so far as to why Fairy was so convinced Prof Jeong was her husband - because that is what is predicted by North Star, even the pain that Geum would suffer in his heart.   I always did want these two to be together.  Especially when he bonded with his daughter so well and his son recognized him immediately. 

I havke small peeves about Place deity  Bong suddenly revealing she is South Star/North Star's little sister, and the sudden  introduction in ep. 14 of the monk character who then has a key role revealed in ep 15.    New things like that popping into the plot at the end without being developed disrupts the flow of events for me. 

I  thought the 3 Stooges were quite funny when they started fussing over nonsense when the fairy pond /celestial door was being burnt down.     I agree with @aoikarin that scene was much too dark.  

Previews - looks like fairy has to go to the celestial world for awhile but I think theywill be reunited.  I guess any loose ends will be tied up in 16.  Does Geum's mom marry Teacher Goo? (not that I care a whole lot, but that would be nice)  She mentions difficulty of being as single mom raising Geum.  Did we ever learn about what happened to Geum's father? 

Wondering about  Pro Lee Ham Sook, if she will finally get some traction with Prof Jeong now that he has come to his senses.  After all, she has been devoted to him, since she met him when they were in school.    

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Did Geum ask the master to punish him again. I saw him bend the knee to the master of the north star. I need to go watch with subs.

He should have been the antagonist in the first episode itself!! I mean Master of the North Star.

EDIT: I feel Geum is the actual fairy coz he is too pure and so good hearted! LOL

• Like 8

3 hours ago, lotuzea said:

did i see Dr Lee bathing in the fairy pond??

When did you see that?

Also, the kisses between ON and KG were very sweet, and suitable for the person that KG is now since even as he says, while he may have recovered his memories of being a celestial being, he's still a human. I wonder why ON chooses to return to heaven, especially when KG asks her so sweetly to stay and she seems to be in agreement that she wants to be with him. Regardless, I like that KG has faith that ON will return to him.

Speaking of kisses, though, I did have one question. Didn't YH and ON kiss 2 times? The first time on the mountain when KG came walking back from the car and sees them kissing? Why didn't ON realize that YH wasn't her husband then? I realize that the Head Deity predicted that ON wouldn't recognize him and all that, but why did it take the second kiss for ON to realize it? I suppose, it's all just in service to the plot and if she had recognized it on the first kiss, there would have been even less of the drama to tell. :)

3 hours ago, maddymappo said:

I havke small peeves about Place deity  Bong suddenly revealing she is South Star/North Star's little sister, and the sudden  introduction in ep. 14 of the monk character who then has a key role revealed in ep 15.    New things like that popping into the plot at the end without being developed disrupts the flow of events for me. 

I agree with these last minute reveals. It feels a bit sloppy to me to have them conveniently pop up at the last minute with a bit of new information. Having said that I also like the sismance turned bromance of YH and KG, regardless of how the back story reveal was handled. I'm just curious as to why their back story wasn't revealed to YH and KG when they were still celestial beings. Since there was concern about Izy already, surely, they could have taken her back and shown her Daube had tried to come to her aid before she had to be cast out of heaven?

Also agree the forest scene was too dark. For half a sec, I wondered if it was my monitor, but then realized the rest of my desktop was fine, it was just the window with the episode running that was dark. :) 

3 hours ago, maddymappo said:

Wondering about  Pro Lee Ham Sook, if she will finally get some traction with Prof Jeong now that he has come to his senses.  After all, she has been devoted to him, since she met him when they were in school.  

I kept wondering if Prof Lee was also an immortal incarnated into human form. Either way, I kind of hope that she and YH do get together. She's loved him for so long, but it was his emotional stunting that seems to have not allowed him to even recognize it.

4 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

Did Geum ask the master to punish him again. I saw him bend the knee to the master of the north star. I need to go watch with subs.

KG was asking how to get ON's winged garments back for her since KG was the one who had initially stolen them from her, dooming her to living on earth. The response was that the winged garments were already in her wardrobe. It turns out that Geum had already purchased them for her. :)

• Like 8

1 hour ago, angelbeast90 said:

He should have been the antagonist in the first episode itself!! I mean Master of the North Star.

EDIT: I feel Geum is the actual fairy coz he is too pure and so good hearted! LOL

Yeah.. Master of the North Star was very mean to Bausae of Dubhae / Kim Geum.. Why he let all the unfortunate things happen to him for 7 centuries instead of prevent it :bawling: Eventhough I understand the master's intention:  It's an hell exam/mission impossible/poisonous test for Bausae to do... AND HE PASSED the TEST with HONORS!!! :kiss_wink: I feel good when Master of the North Star thought Kim Geum will embrace him back.. but Kim Geum actually bypassing him,  ran toward Jung and hugged him.. HAHAHAHAHHAHA so satisfying!! :tounge_wink:

I'[m agree with @angelbeast90 Kim Geum indeeeed a real fairy.. he has a pure beautiful golden heart. The most innocent character ever exists in dramaland!!

EDIT: AAH ONE MORE RANT!!! Who is the hairstylist of Moon Chae Won?? Why she never changed her hairstyle?? I don't mind about her clothes but I do mind about her hairstyle! Even in the webtoon, Fairy Seon has several hairstyles... She should look so much younger with her hair loose,  not being pinned all the time wearing an old granny's bun!.. they should check the webtoon.. Fariy Seon has pretty nice hairstyle moments!!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, aoikarin said:

I feel good when Master of the North Star thought Kim Geum will embrace him back.. but Kim Geum actually bypassing him,  ran toward Jung and hugged him.. HAHAHAHAHHAHA so satisfying!! :tounge_wink:

I was rolling with laughter when that happened. It was good to see that the bromance was alive and well. ON may have been the only woman that Geum will ever love, but his desire to save YH even meant that he was willing to forgo being with the love of his immortal life.

Actually, that is huge for the bromance, but not so much for the love of his life. Though, I'm sure that ON is understanding of it. :P

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Speaking of kisses, though, I did have one question. Didn't YH and ON kiss 2 times? The first time on the mountain when KG came walking back from the car and sees them kissing? Why didn't ON realize that YH wasn't her husband then? I realize that the Head Deity predicted that ON wouldn't recognize him and all that, but why did it take the second kiss for ON to realize it? I suppose, it's all just in service to the plot and if she had recognized it on the first kiss, there would have been even less of the drama to tell. :)

Sorry for cutting your post^^. I think this was answered from the previous pages, and as I watched that episode, it seems ON lost her power, I believe, because when she tried to kind of heal the plants she was watering, she couldn't and then that scene was interrupted by Master Gu and so it wasn't further emphasized.

Btw, will we ever see ON in a regular clothes? I hope she changes her wardrobe and hairstyle for the last episode. I want to see her in normal clothes at least, and at least let her hair down. I bet she'd be gorgeous!... ha ha..

And one question, is this Seo Ji Hoon's first onscreen kiss, or? :wub:

• Like 6

Have been restraining myself from watching but now I'm on the 4th episode so I have to marathon. Thanks for all your insights it would help me understand more while watching it. :wub:

• Like 5

Oh my gosh, I have finished watching episode 15 and I am so glad that I started this drama, I was crying throughout the whole episode. I know I kept saying this even before, but this drama, has really an amazing story. Yes, sometimes this drama was weird sometimes, but this drama, if it was really taken on our hearts--and we watch it...intently, we will see how beautiful it is. Yes, it is beautiful. The episode was too beautiful for me~ I've never cried so much like this on an episode except on Scarlet Heart Ryeo:bawling:. I kept crying especially when I watch how Geum (his old self) was so selfless and not just sweet, but a sensible person. His love was just so heartwarming, that even the heart of Professor Jung that was full of resentment, anger and hatred had changed. Geum was a really awesome person, and I think if we people, just like Geum, will try to be guided by love, it can be a wondeful world for us. (

lol, i feel like i am answering on miss u hehe)

This drama may not be the best of 2018 but it has many many gems. Yes, the CGIs were not that really amazing as people tell it (but it wasn't that bad either, it's just sometimes weird hahaha), but it is always more than that. It has given me roller coasters of emotions and are you getting me here guys?! I've never watched a drama where I cry then I suddenly laugh (especially when I saw Jeom Dol being a dragon, I laughed so much there, I don't know why hahaha maybe because I was cheering too much lol) then cry again!!!!!!! LOL! 

The funny sayings of Ms.
Cho is crazy in this episode especially when she was describing Jeom Dol hahahhaa, the trio especially the two love birds were awesome (but still I do not know why they have too many parts on the other episodes but still I love them SO MUUUUCH!!!!), Ms. Fairy Seon Ok Nam (i've really wished to see more aggressiveness in her part, since it is moon chae won, however I am still happy that she was our fairy), and of course the brotherly love of Geum and Professor Jung. Honestly, I cried a lot because indeed, they are brothers--not just friends and roommates--but brothers. The author was just so good at telling such a unique story.

And lastly for the love triangle, Geum really deserves the Fairy--his love was too pure from the very first start.:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling: I NEED A MAN LIKE GEUM! LOL. I am so happy that this drama is still being really good. As for Professor Jung, I am so happy for ways, the story has already given him so many justices--in the form of the brotherly relationship he had with Geum, his friendship with Ok Nam,  the care that the two masters gave him all along and of course the people who love him now for being Professor Jung. And honestly, I am just really really happy for all how the things turned out in the end--we had friendship, family and of course two kisses from Geum and Ok Nam. hahaha lol. That kiss at the end was too pure, I kept crying. TT_TT I feel like this is the last episode lol hahahhahaha, we've got still one more tonight and i'm soooo excited hihi

Btw, MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS! 
him although he will not get the Fairy because even he has suffered too much in so many 

• Like 8