Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Gyeryong Fairy Tale / Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter, 계룡선녀전

is the monk = Master of Northern Star's human form?

My guess is, Dubhe left in his own accord. He may've requested to go to Human realm to accompany Izy (as she asked him to come with her to human realm previously), so the Master erased his memory and make him mortal. Then everytime he's reborn he would just be next to Izy, taking care of her. Just like Geum is taking care of Prof. LoL my guess... 

I agree the teaser for ep 15 seems worrying as if there may be something bad happens. I mean the words 'if we ever meet again, we will..." --> that sounds like parting words from someone who's going to part ways with her loved one T_T

They leave all the revelation to the last two weeks its soo intensee, good episode though no wonder rating climbs back up again. 

Oh gosh now how can I wait till Monday... and now that the drama is nearing the end, I feel sad

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I hope Geum ends up with Oknam! But why do I love to watch all his hurt expressions run across his face. Maybe I should go and find his official page!:D

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Oh I hope so, I thought someone's gonna die because of that grave. Ha ha...since Idk if that scene was in the webtoon as well? Does anyone know, btw?^^

that was Ok Nam's husband.. In several previous episodes, i remember YiHyun says that he saw a little girl sit waited next to her father's grave (Jeom Seon-ie).
and since izy is crying next to someone's grave, she might be felt guilty for causing the woodcutter died and left his family behind.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, lotuzea said:

is the monk = Master of Northern Star's human form?

My guess is, Dubhe left in his own accord. He may've requested to go to Human realm to accompany Izy (as she asked him to come with her to human realm previously), so the Master erased his memory and make him mortal. Then everytime he's reborn he would just be next to Izy, taking care of her. Just like Geum is taking care of Prof. LoLmy guess... 

I agree the teaser for ep 15 seems worrying as if there may be something bad happens. I mean the words 'if we ever meet again, we will..." --> that sounds like parting words from someone who's going to part ways with her loved one T_T

They leave all the revelation to the last two weeks its soointensee, good episode though no wonder rating climbs back up again. 

Oh gosh now how can I wait till Monday... and now that the drama is nearing the end, I feel sad

Wow! nice theories! here am hating the master of the northern stars since yesterday when all along, he gave Izy, Dubhe's company always. :( 

• Like 3

I think true also because of the boy Izzy make revenge against all those people that hurt her that Izzy was original a boy and came to heaven as girl. She was love with both of them

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Guest aoikarin

I watched ep 14.. And I have some confusion about the reincarnation. Jung realized that he was "the boy" abandoned by the villager. I thought the little kid locked in the shed was a GIRL, since she's wearing a long skirt (min 27:18)  I swear I repeated the scene many times.. I though the kid was a GIRL .. But at the end of the show, the villager said,"the kid (he) is too noisy, let's tie him up" So the kid is a HE. So it's confusing to see a boy wearing a skirt.  When I saw a monk in this show, I remembered about a lesson from Buddhism. A soul repeatedly reincarnates in many forms  until he/she attains fully enlightenment. So it's possible Izy and Bausae were human before they were fairy. The past of izy as a little boy sacrificed by the villager resulting him to reborn as a fire immortal lady fairy. Since she couldn't forget her past and keep wanting to get revenge, made her fell back to mortal world and born to be a lower creature (a deer). Same goes to Bausae. He was a human who have pure heart that lead him to reborn an immortal deity Bausae but sacrificed himself back to human realm to help Izy.

I also notice, for more than half episode 14 Seo Ji Hoon was barefoot!!! started from having lunch with Ok Nam till the end of the show he was running and walking around barefooted, on asphalt, on rocky ground, on the hill, in the forest and cold rocky waterfall !!! :scream: I think he really had hard time for all those scene.. I can see from his gait, it must be very painful for him to run around without shoes! Please don't abuse the actor and the character :bawling:

Saw the video from Seo Ji Hoon's management and TVN.. super cute and new hairstyle Geum as the husband ! Very NAMJAAAA :love: Finally I could complete the fanvid Seo Ji Hoon's bts compilation for Fairy tale. enjoy guys 

3 hours ago, aoikarin said:

I watched ep 14.. And I have some confusion about the reincarnation. Jung realized that he was "the boy" abandoned by the villager. I thought the little kid locked in the shed was a GIRL, since she's wearing a long skirt (min 27:18)  I swear I repeated the scene many times.. I though the kid was a GIRL .. But at the end of the show, the villager said,"the kid (he) is too noisy, let's tie him up" So the kid is a HE. So it's confusing to see a boy wearing a skirt.  When I saw a monk in this show, I remembered about a lesson from Buddhism. A soul repeatedly reincarnates in many forms  until he/she attains fully enlightenment. So it's possible Izy and Bausae were human before they were fairy. The past of izy as a little boy sacrificed by the villager resulting him to reborn as a fire immortal lady fairy. Since she couldn't forget her past and keep wanting to get revenge, made her fell back to mortal world and born to be a lower creature (a deer). Same goes to Bausae. He was a human who have pure heart that , him to reborn an immortal deity Bausae but sacrificed himself back to human realm to help Izy.

I'm sorry for cut your post short. Actually, i was having the same confused. the villagers never say boys. Based on my lack Korean understanding, they say "the kid" not "the boy" nor "the girl". And you were right, the kid is wearing a skirt, not like Jeom Dol that wearing pants. The kid wearing the same clothes like Jeom seon-ie in the past. And in one of the scenes where Yi Hyun unconsciously felt pain, he said "i remembered. i'm the boy that bla bla bla.. my name is izy".. no it is not like that, actually, the Korean said "i was the kid that bla bla bla.. my name is izy".. so, izy is a girl since she was a mortal before became a fairy. Only her present form is a human man (Yi Hyun).. I was working as a translator sometimes, the text is not perfectly the same with what the original text. But the translator will alter so that it can match the situation. More into the nuance. But i kind of wonder why this time, it includes the alteration of what the viewer saw like the clothes that define which one is boy and which one is girl. Beside, izy is in a teenage i believe, so its look completely different between boy and girl.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Guest aoikarin

@latuadi Thank you for your explanation.. So the sub version that I watched was slightly misinterpret. THank you for making it clear that they never mentioned about the gender of Izy.  So you are a translator? wooaaaaah thank goodness.. Thank you for your hardwork *bows*

Wow I think he runs beautifuly even on barefoot as you can see from my profile pic I'm his fan:D

But I also have same sentiment don't make him suffer.

Well I wanna see his hair up look on the next two episodes hopefully! I was wanting his hair up look throughout the whole drama! I would have done that if I was his cordi and for his young adult scene hair down. .

Sorry for this rant as a fan!!

• Like 6

@aoikarin Chingu, where did you see the video of him with his new hairstyle as the husband?^^ 

Actually, I've always wanted him to change his hairstyle just like from the drama conference, that brush up style, coz he looks very manly there and doesn't look too young when standing next to MCW. His hair down seems to emphasize that he's young, tho of course, I know it suits him. I would have wished they made him look more mature than his age. But anyways, he's still cute either way... ke ke :D

• Like 5

Guest aoikarin
15 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

@aoikarin Chingu, where did you see the video of him with his new hairstyle as the husband?^^ 

Actually, I've always wanted him to change his hairstyle just like from the drama conference, that brush up style, coz he looks very manly there and doesn't look too young when standing next to MCW. His hair down seems to emphasize that he's young, tho of course, I know it suits him. I would have wished they made him look more mature than his age. But anyways, he's still cute either way... ke ke :D

His final hairstyle during and after the proposal

Last picture!!! Kim Geum and Jeom seon, father and daughter date as they promised.:love:

On 12/21/2018 at 12:53 AM, aoikarin said:

I also notice, for more than half episode 14Seo Ji Hoon was barefoot!!! started from having lunch with Ok Nam till the end of the show he was running and walking around barefooted, on asphalt, on rocky ground, on the hill, in the forest and cold rocky 

I didn't notice this at first when I watched the drama! :o:o:o Thank you @aoikarinfor noticing and creating a video--this just proved how great an actor Seo Ji Hoon is! HUHUHUHU. A respect and salute for him for doing great in all these scenes. :heart: (This now reminds me on the early beginnings of Lee Min Ho where he jumped in the han river for the mackerel run sitcom~ hehe off topic)

Anyway, thank you guys for your theories--it makes everything so clear! I was also confused if Izy was a boy or a girl child first, thank you @latuadi for the confirmation! 

Annnd thank you guys for posting bts of Seo Ji Hoon here~ makes my heart melt~ excited for all their loving scenes :wub:

• Like 5

Chingu, why do you think there's no one was posted picture with MCW from the wrap up party except the two girls ? Even the children didn't post it. Did she doesn't take picture with them ?

Found this one on youtube!!! They are so cute! I really really love their bromance! So awesome to found that they add some bromance acts that aren't on the script and that Yoon Hyun Min thinks their two characters are brothers. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello everyone, I have just watched 14 episodes in a marathon. And now reading your ideas about how they got all jammed up in this existence.

Some thoughts and questions that still   outstanding

Prof J appears to think he was the god/goddess Gate and the deer and the child who was sacrificed for food. This does not make sense.   Because the god/dess sets the food on fire that the peasants obtained through the sacrifice of the child.  So the child and the god/goddess Gate cannot be the same being.  Also the deer and the god/dess have two different messages. The deer says he must repent and the god/goddess says he must get revenge for the betrayal.

What is the betrayal?  Is it that he did not become a mortal with God/goddess gate when he said he would? She was very selfish because she  was being punished and he was not. Still he did become a mortal, so why would she still be angry? Was it because dhe was in love with old Geum god but he liked Fairy and eventually married her (but the deer sent him there to meet her)  or, she also liked Fairy and he took her from her?  But why then did the deer send him there although then it appears she took the winged robe for some reason we don't know yet)

I also read in a comment that fairy was being annoying by her vacillating between Geum and Prof J.   It was very painful to watch them in competition like that.   I am wondering though why she thought Prof J was her husband in the first place?  Did he marry her after the woodcutter died?  Maybe she had two husbands?

Finally, only one fairy will eventually stay on earth and not go back. That is why they are all losing their powers. Who will the fairy be that stays on earth?

Sorry to barge in on your thread  at this late time but just had this all on my mind. We will find out soon.

@maddymappo The kid who was sacrificed was the Fire God's past life before she was reincarnated and became a fairy (and later reincarnated as Deer, then Professor Jung). So basically she took revenge for those who sacrified her in past life, by burning the village.

The betrayal was due to Wind God (who later reincarnated as woodcutter then Geum) told the Master of Northern star, that Izzy (fire god) burnt the village. She trusted him to keep the secret so she felt betrayed when he told the master, which resulted to Izzy being banished from fairy realm.

In ep 1, Ok Nam thought Prof Jung was the husband because he made the same sound like woodcutter did in the restroom

I think it's worth it to watch the whole episodes to understand what really went on, otherwise the drama recap from drama bean is pretty good.

on another note, Seo Ji Hoon's news

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, lotuzea said:

@maddymappo The kid who was sacrificed was the Fire God's past life before she was reincarnated and became a fairy (and later reincarnated as Deer, then Professor Jung). So basically she took revenge for those who sacrified her in past life, by burning the village.

The betrayal was due to Wind God (who later reincarnated as woodcutter then Geum) told the Master of Northern star, that Izzy (fire god) burnt the village. She trusted him to keep the secret so she felt betrayed when he told the master, which resulted to Izzy being banished from fairy realm.

In ep 1, Ok Nam thought Prof Jung was the husband because he made the same sound like woodcutter did in the restroom

I think it's worth it to watch the whole episodes to understand what really went on, otherwise the drama recap from drama bean is pretty good.

@lotuzea  I understand now -  I have been watching the whole episodes but missed that Wind god tattled on her, and I did not get that she was punishing people in response to another lifetime she had.    I guess her lifetime as a deer is the one where she feels she needs to pay her karmic debt but her lifetime as a goddess still wants revenge. Confusing.   I also knew fairy found the pee stream sound familiar but thought that was too small for her to be so ready to accept him especially when Geum ate the neck of the chicken and shared so many more traits.   But she does say at some point that his need for her, and her worry about leaving him she thought might be love.  Until that last kiss when she is convinced Prof J is not her husband.  But she did promise she would not leave him, and that must be seen as a betrayal too, I think.

Oh well.

And still curious about why the deer had the winged robe.   

2 hours ago, maddymappo said:

@lotuzea  I understand now -  I have been watching the whole episodes but missed that Wind god tattled on her, and I did not get that she was punishing people in response to another lifetime she had.    I guess her lifetime as a deer is the one where she feels she needs to pay her karmic debt but her lifetime as a goddess still wants revenge. Confusing.   I also knew fairy found the pee stream sound familiar but thought that was too small for her to be so ready to accept him especially when Geum ate the neck of the chicken and shared so many more traits.   But she does say at some point that his need for her, and her worry about leaving him she thought might be love.  Until that last kiss when she is convinced Prof J is not her husband.  But she did promise she would not leave him, and that must be seen as a betrayal too, I think.

Oh well.

And still curious about why the deer had the winged robe.   

It's not just because of the sound of the pee, the Professor also know the name of Jeom-soon, her cat daughter but she didn't even say its name. So she assumed that he might be the husband, plus, Professor has memories of his husband (as a deer). Anddd the reason why she doesn't notice Geum being her husband is because she was too busy thinking it was Professor Jung, that's why she turned a blind eye about Geum and all those clues. :tears: There is even an episode where Geum said that the husband of the fairy must be being punished that's why his wife can't remember him. 

Meanwhileeeee, yep, she promised that she would not leave Professor Jung, but she did. However, I think that is still pretty understandable because she was guilty for the troubles she had caused and at the same time sad for what she had discovered. On episode 15's teaser, Jung will ask the fairy if she did ever love him (when he was still the red fairy and up to now that he was now Professor Jung). That would ba a heartbreaking scene tho, Poor Jung.  :tears::tears::tears::tears::tears:

Anyway, I have read here that the deer stole the winged robe because she wanted to go back to the fairy realm and at the same time get a revenge on Geum? I am not sure about this. 

1 hour ago, dashmount20 said:

Deer stole oknam wing dress. 

Maybe on the first place the deer is the one who stole the dress not the woodcutter.

YES, it is the deer. 

On 12/20/2018 at 9:27 AM, Michelle Gonzalez said:

I think true also because of the boy Izzy make revenge against all those people that hurt her that Izzy was original a boy and came to heaven as girl. She was love with both of them

The child Izy was a girl so she became a girl fairy too. She was in love with only Alkaid (Seon Ok-Nam) not with Dubhe/Pagunsong (Geum). But still, Dubhe was her bestfriend together with Alkaid. 

-------

Btw, here are new stills for episode 15:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dashmount20 said:

Deer stole oknam wing dress. 

Maybe on the first place the deer is the one who stole the dress not the woodcutter.

Yes, deer stole the wing of the fairy, not the woodcutter. 

Edited by umeo2811