Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Gyeryong Fairy Tale / Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter, 계룡선녀전

Edit:

Based on the tenet of Buddhist reincarnation, Prof is the new avatar of Izy, while Geum is Bausae. Izy was banished from their realm due to her sin.  When she died, she was reincarnated as a lower form (a mortal creature). Bausae would take the form of the woodcutter and Izy of the deer, following the law of karma. That is on the condition that their mortal forms are their first rebirth. 

Assuming that their current forms are their second rebirth, the woodcutter, having a loving relationship with his family, was reborn with slightly better circumstances. Geum has a loving mother and a happy life, but they're not well off. Meanwhile, the deer's rebirth into a human means that it did something noble enough in its lifetime. However, Prof's circumstance (sad childhood) is a result of his karma as a shady deer (relating to his apology to Jeomsoon). 

How the two fairies share 2 lifetimes as mortals says something about their fate. Each rebirth is a chance for one to become a better being and compensate past actions. Therefore, it's highly likely that the deer played a part in the woodcutter's death.

Now my question is, did the two fairies fight and die for them to be reincarnated?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, jeijei said:

Based on the tenet of Buddhist reincarnation, Prof is the new avatar of Izy, while Geum is Bausae. Izy was banished from their realm due to her sin. If she died, she would have been reincarnated as a lower form (a mortal creature). Bausae would take the form of the woodcutter and Izy of the deer, following the law of karma. That is on the condition that their mortal forms are their first rebirth cycle. 

Now my question is, did the two fight and die for them to be reincarnated?

Interesting! That would make so much sense. Because when Izy was being banished from the fairy relm she was looking at  Bausae accusing him of betraying her. That would explain why Izy, in deer form, told Ok Nam to be careful of the person she was living with because she felt he was a betrayer! 

Thanks Jeijei!

Now need to figure out how Izy got reincarnated from deer to Prof, and if there is some plot to get back at Bausae (Geumie). I hope it won't be too bad when all the memories come flooding back, because the Prof and Geum have such a bromance going. You can tell they really care about one another.  

Edited by j9sshi
Additions
  • Like 7

I haven't posted here in a while :o

Just read everyone's theories and some observations really surprised me, because I never thought of them!!

We are heading to my favorite part of the webtoon and I'm really curious to see how it's going to play out in the drama... 

Our leads were seen filming yesterday on Han River!!

They have been filming for almost 6 months... 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, jeijei said:

Edit:

Based on the tenet of Buddhist reincarnation, Prof is the new avatar of Izy, while Geum is Bausae. Izy was banished from their realm due to her sin.  When she died, she was reincarnated as a lower form (a mortal creature). Bausae would take the form of the woodcutter and Izy of the deer, following the law of karma. That is on the condition that their mortal forms are their first rebirth. 

Assuming that their current forms are their second rebirth, the woodcutter, having a loving relationship with his family, was reborn with slightly better circumstances. Geum has a loving mother and a happy life, but they're not well off. Meanwhile, the deer's rebirth into a human means that it did something noble enough in its lifetime. However, Prof's circumstance (sad childhood) is a result of his karma as a shady deer (relating to his apology to Jeomsoon). 

How the two fairies share 2 lifetimes as mortals says something about their fate. Each rebirth is a chance for one to become a better being and compensate past actions. Therefore, it's highly likely that the deer played a part in the woodcutter's death.

Now my question is, did the two fairies fight and die for them to be reincarnated?

I like this theory of their reincarnations..

Professor Jung often dreams abt an ancient girl/boy trapped in room n crows waiting for the person to die n the small girl/boy vows revenge for abandoning her/him.. Was it also a reincarnation of Izy? Does that mean she had 4 reincarnations? Y does the ghosts hover over professor Jung while he sleeps? 

P. S. So many questions!! 

• Like 8

I'm making a fanvid! Story: Yi Hyun turns down Beautiful Ok Nam's proposal, let's found out his reason... WHY? HOW? and How's the ending? Just watch it... Enjoy... :joy:

Edit: I'm done with Kim Kim's Version, Jung Yi Hyun's version and Full version. 

Kim Kim's version (Part 1)

Jung Yi Hyun's version (Part 2)

And the full version: 

PS I really had fun making this fanvid.. HAHAHAHAHHAHA :w00t:

Edited by aoikarin
added some videos
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 11/30/2018 at 11:21 AM, icyphoenix said:

I like this theory of their reincarnations..

Professor Jung often dreams abt an ancient girl/boy trapped in room n crows waiting for the person to die n the small girl/boy vows revenge for abandoning her/him.. Was it also a reincarnation of Izy? Does that mean she had 4 reincarnations? Y does the ghosts hover over professor Jung while he sleeps? 

P. S. So many questions!! 

Spoiler

Yes that is the 4th reincarnation happened before they become fairy (in this reincarnation Geum is a beggar)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hugo10 said:
  Hide contents

Yes that is the 4th reincarnation happened before they become fairy (in this reincarnation Geum is a beggar)

Spoiler

Thanks for the info..  What was Ok Nam in that time ? Guem was a beggar then what abt IZY.. Was she also like beggar? 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So we all know how selfish Professor Jung is.

Thinking about possible scenarios that could come up in future episodes, my worst fear is that Professor Jung will use ON’s belief that he is her husband to tie her down if she starts to stray cause of her feelings for Geum. (In the scenario where geum is truly her husband) she’s fallen for him without knowing the truth and Jung, knowing he’s not really husband but not wanting to lose ON, tries to manipulate her into not following her feelings for a Geum by guilt tripping her and saying how she could like someone else besides her husband (him) and basically create misunderstanding or something where he goes to any lengths to make ON keep thinking he is her husband and not geum. As much as I love Jung and I’m on the fence with shipping who with who, this will solidify my loyalty to the GeumNam ship cause that is going too far. I hope this does not happen.

• Like 5

On 11/28/2018 at 10:38 AM, aoikarin said:

@maggieroseDear, do u have the limk to see korean's comments? thx

I look for news on https://m.search.naver.com/search.naver?query=계룡선녀전&where=m&sm=mtp_sug.top&qdt=0&acq=계&acr=1 But i have to use dictionary or translator because i only understand a half what they say :sweatingbullets: on cut scene video or news about the drama, they comment alot

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I follow the drama silently.
But I thought I should write after watching episode 8.
Drama's better than I expected.
And I certainly support Geum.
I guess the professor will win the girl until she meets Geum unnie.

Unnie and Geum have lots of scenes.
But I want unnie and Geum to increase the romantic scenes. :rolleyes:

• Like 6

10 hours ago, philosophie said:

So we all know how selfish Professor Jung is.

Thinking about possible scenarios that could come up in future episodes, my worst fear is that Professor Jung will use ON’s belief that he is her husband to tie her down if she starts to stray cause of her feelings for Geum. (In the scenario where geum is truly her husband) she’s fallen for him without knowing the truth and Jung, knowing he’s not really husband but not wanting to lose ON, tries to manipulate her into not following her feelings for a Geum by guilt tripping her and saying how she could like someone else besides her husband (him) and basically create misunderstanding or something where he goes to any lengths to make ON keep thinking he is her husband and not geum. As much as I love Jung and I’m on the fence with shipping who with who, this will solidify my loyalty to the GeumNam ship cause that is going too far. I hope this does not happen.

I don't know if you guys remember, but in one of last week's teaser there was a scene (still not aired) that the red fairy Leeji tells Yihyun to get revenge.

I think that's probably what will happen seeing how things are moving... Yihyun using Oknam's feelings to get his long lasting revenge on Kim Geum/Bausae.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, maggierose said:

I look for news on https://m.search.naver.com/search.naver?query=계룡선녀전&where=m&sm=mtp_sug.top&qdt=0&acq=계&acr=1 But i have to use dictionary or translator because i only understand a half what they say :sweatingbullets: on cut scene video or news about the drama, they comment alot

Thank you so much for the link dear and I found full length bts video there! :kiss_wink:

It looks like Geum's will have his heart crush because of Ok Nam.. from BTS we saw Jung carried wasted Geum.. Aigoooooo 

2 hours ago, hazelyeot said:

I don't know if you guys remember, but in one of last week's teaser there was a scene (still not aired) that the red fairy Leeji tells Yihyun to get revenge.

I think that's probably what will happen seeing how things are moving... Yihyun using Oknam's feelings to get his long lasting revenge on Kim Geum/Bausae.

I know Jung is very selfish person, however I don't want him to go to the dark and manipulate Ok Nam just to hurt Geum. I love Jung character so far. However, it seems that the show goes that way since we already witnessed how he did hurt Geum's feeling in ep 8 with his selfish sudden confession. I also waiting to see the unaired scene from last week's preview where Ok Nam chases someone who hides himself/herself in a room in University. Who is he/she? Ok Nam looks pretty worried and very sad for that person though. Another broken hearted scene.. Be ready my heart

EDIT: I think Ok Nam will chase Dr Lee that hides in her workroom. It seems later Dr Lee and Ok Nam will become close friend since Dr lee will confide in her

I love this show.. however, to be honest Ok Nam's character is a bit bland for me. I really hope screenwriter will make her character more appealing rather than just as a catalyst for Jung and Geum to remember their past life. I want to see kickass Ok Nam again. I really love her where she whacked Geum's neck near the spring in the beginning of the show :kiss_wink:.   

If this story is about Jung's revenge, well, I think Ok Nam is the victim here. I feel pity that she has to witness her own children grew and died and re-incarnated (5 times for Jeom Soon), had her memory intact while waiting patiently for her (first love Bausae, who she believe as her husband) to reincarnate  for 699 years. And I don't understand why she lived in secluded mountain while waiting??? or just because the fairy spring is there that she won't leave the place and believe her husband will come? or Did she actually give up? LOL

• Like 6