Quantcast
Jump to content
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Gyeryong Fairy Tale / Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter, 계룡선녀전

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, chuscho said:

i don't know, but somehow it's depressed me... Poor YH:bawling:

 

4 hours ago, Aziraphale said:

Eh? So Ok-nam will end up with Kim Geum? Aaww, I thought she was going to be with Professor! I thought Kim Geum was cuter with Jeom Soon-yi.

 

At this moment, we can only make assumption and prediction, it might be true and it might not be true too.   I'd rather not knowing what the writer really has in mind yet (i'll wait until a few more episodes) in order to get me going.   :glasses: Who knows there might be a twist somewhere later.

 

@Erika Song, the second picture, I thought it was a real cat at first.. ha ha.  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

at this point I don’t know who to ship with who anymore. It’s all fair game. We do know that YH was the red fairy and KG is the blue fairy. But I still don’t know if the deer and husband were KG and YH or vice versa.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, philosophie said:

at this point I don’t know who to ship with who anymore. It’s all fair game. We do know that YH was the red fairy and KG is the blue fairy. But I still don’t know if the deer and husband were KG and YH or vice versa.

 

Ha ha... me too... it is fine... only the heart knows which is the one.

 

We'll just wait and see.

 

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back after watching with sub. In the preview, there's Kim Kim voice over saying "to be forgotten by beloved wife's is the true painful"..

 

aww.. are we going to see kim kim sorrow for the next episode?!

But at the same time, Ok Nam looks like falling into kim kim

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2018 at 12:47 AM, jeijei said:

 

  Hide contents

Will Jeom Dol have a human form? I hope it's Jung Kyung Ho in a cameo since he's voicing JD. 

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

We can soon call ON "Mother of dragon"

OMO! was it really Jung Kyung Ho's voice?? I kept repeating the talking egg scene.. it's highly possibility JKH's voice. I really wish he will do cameo and appear in human form. 

I think his life turned into magical creature because of he's being part of God's plan. I bet he has special task and so does Jeom soon the tiger.

 

I just finished watching ep 8... Tbh, there's not much plot progress and i felt like it's just an episode full of angst to make the OTP ON-KG more suffer (Kdrama's rule :crazy:).  However, I think it's pretty fair to give ON chance to date Prof Jung. She always think that Prof Jung is his past life husband, and wants him to remember her. She needs to spend more time with Prof Jung to see her real feeling for him whether she's right that he's her longing husband. The show showed us how she's been longing her life with Fire fairy and her love, the wind fairy Bausae in fairy realm. So as I watched ep 8, I still can bear the scene where ON gave much concerns and affections for Jung who is indeed her dear fairy friend, Fire goddess IZy.  Jeom Soon also let us know that ON looks happier when she's with Geum. On the other hand, JS showed how she annoyed with Prof Jung, who supposed to be her father and wasn't warm up at all toward him. It's funny to see that ON and Jung talked about Geum, Geum's favorite part of chicken and how ON wanted Geum to join the breakfast date. 

 

My hearts goes up and down watching Geum in this ep. The push pull action really frustrated me. He pulled by giving some space for Jung (later after he witness ON's concern for fainted Jung), the push, that he stopped ON to enter Jung's house just in case she witness Prof. Lee confessed to Jung and the wrist grabbed... aaarhg I hate that action. Geum aaaah you're supposed not to do that. 

I really hope, they soon wrap up the pull action, let's do the push action gently, Geum :kiss_wink:. From preview ep 9 I think ON started to feel conflicted, to choose between Jung (her POV believe to be her husband) or her real feeling falling for Geum (who she thought one of ex immortal but not related to her family at all).

 

 

3 hours ago, philosophie said:

at this point I don’t know who to ship with who anymore. It’s all fair game. We do know that YH was the red fairy and KG is the blue fairy. But I still don’t know if the deer and husband were KG and YH or vice versa.

    I am really sure Geum is her past life husband, since he has a clear vision about him and ON being husband and wife while Prof Jung has no vision being ON direct husband but visions seeing ON and her husband in the lake. The show gave us scene ON and Prof Jung as her husband, is actually the vision from ON's POV. As she tells us her story, we see Prof Jung's face act as her husband. The scene where the deer came to ON and warned her to be careful with her husband... I noted the deer has IZY's voice too... it's reincarnation of IZY, the vengeful soul.  The deer tried to separate ON and Bausae as a revenge for Bausae who she thought had betrayed and left her.

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, latuadi said:

also, the scene where jeom soon try to look wifi and kim kim caught her thought while she tried to avoid him.

 

Haha, I liked that scene, it was funny and cute! Maybe Kim Geum was a deity or something previously, so that's why he could understand Jeom Soon. Cuz the woodcutter is human, right? So maybe Professor still has a chance!

 

 

4 hours ago, chuscho said:

i don't know, but somehow it's depressed me... Poor YH:bawling:

 

Well, we'll just have to stay positive about it!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here.:D Can someone who have read the webtoon spoil me? Is there any kiss scene between Ok Nam and Kim Kim in the webtoon?:lol: I love them.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Shnazsi said:

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here.:D Can someone who have read the webtoon spoil me? Is there any kiss scene between Ok Nam and Kim Kim in the webtoon?:lol: I love them.

No please no... Even without kisses already depressed me.. Please spare my hearth :bawling:

  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gd_is_great said:

I don’t care who the husband is but I ship her with prof Jung. Their chemistry is no joke even though no kisses yet ❤️ 

I also hope that she ends up with Prof. Jung. I really like the pair together for some reason compared to Geum...

 

Just a theory:

Spoiler

 

What if Prof. Jung was the husband and the immortal Bausae (which is now kinda proven anyway) is Geum? If anyone remembers from last episode when Prof. Jung and Geum showed up to the fairy's house and the fire went out?

 

From there, Jung turned into Izy BUT he saw the egg aka Ok-nam's son... Wouldn't that sort of make Jung the father? And since the egg only answers to family member and immortals, it could very well be that Geum is the reincarnation of Bausae the wind god, and Jung is Ok-nam's husband aka a regular human who was once a woodcutter.

 

In this case, as the story progresses (and since Ok-nam previously liked Bausae as she said) and they realize their identities, she'll be stuck between choosing her past husband aka Jung or her past one-sided lover aka Geum.

 

 

Super out of the ballpark theory based of what I'm seeing right now but if this drama's goal is to keep me captivated by guessing and getting puzzled all over again every week, it's done a great job so far. Although, I really do like the Professor and the fairy together for some reason. I hope the other professor won't do harm to my shipper heart...:unsure:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, aoikarin said:

 

My hearts goes up and down watching Geum in this ep. The push pull action really frustrated me. He pulled by giving some space for Jung (later after he witness ON's concern for fainted Jung), the push, that he stopped ON to enter Jung's house just in case she witness Prof. Lee confessed to Jung and the wrist grabbed... aaarhg I hate that action. Geum aaaah you're supposed not to do that. 

I really hope, they soon wrap up the pull action, let's do the push action gently, Geum :kiss_wink:.

 

Me too. I  dont like that wrist grabbing action and its uncomfortable for me to watch somehow. But on naver, a lot of people likes it as i read the comments, so maybe its something typical that korean like haha

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, xprosperity said:

I also hope that she ends up with Prof. Jung. I really like the pair together for some reason compared to Geum...

 

Just a theory:

  Hide contents

 

What if Prof. Jung was the husband and the immortal Bausae (which is now kinda proven anyway) is Geum? If anyone remembers from last episode when Prof. Jung and Geum showed up to the fairy's house and the fire went out?

 

From there, Jung turned into Izy BUT he saw the egg aka Ok-nam's son... Wouldn't that sort of make Jung the father? And since the egg only answers to family member and immortals, it could very well be that Geum is the reincarnation of Bausae the wind god, and Jung is Ok-nam's husband aka a regular human who was once a woodcutter.

 

In this case, as the story progresses (and since Ok-nam previously liked Bausae as she said) and they realize their identities, she'll be stuck between choosing her past husband aka Jung or her past one-sided lover aka Geum.

 

 

Super out of the ballpark theory based of what I'm seeing right now but if this drama's goal is to keep me captivated by guessing and getting puzzled all over again every week, it's done a great job so far. Although, I really do like the Professor and the fairy together for some reason. I hope the other professor won't do harm to my shipper heart...:unsure:

It was Jeom Seon that Prof Jung saw

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, maggierose said:

Me too. I  dont like that wrist grabbing action and its uncomfortable for me to watch somehow. But on naver, a lot of people likes it as i read the comments, so maybe its something typical that korean like haha

 

@maggieroseDear, do u have the limk to see korean's comments? thx

 

I really wish for the next episodes, Geum will not be a noble idiot, surrenders to Prof Jung, lets Prof. Jung wins Fairy's heart without even finds out ON's true love, just because he loves LIKE Jung so much. I wants him to put more effort wooing ON and let her know that he is her husband she's been waiting for. 

 

I love Jung since beginning of the show.. I still think he's a cute, funny, pretty man with over the top reactions and loveable. He's mean but not evil. He's fussy but tsundere. He's warmhearted and really care for Geum. HOWEVER, after watching ep 8. I found him very selfish. The way he confessed to Geum that he also likes ON somehow upset me. First, Geum told Jung that he likes ON, he's actively wooing ON. Then, Jung told him to stay away from ON just because he doesn't believe her. Later, Jung falls for her and tells Geum ignorantly (without even give any tiny consideration that his action will hurt Geum). I really wish Jung respect Geum's feeling for ON in the first place, then tells him in a better way that they both will be love rival. Well, I can't blame Jung anyway since he's never known about love. He can be selfish as he like (hahaha Geum please learn from Jung). While I saw Geum has known love from his previous life and been nurtured with lots of loves by his mom. 

 

About Geum's mom.. Is she a mere human? or She is indeed a deity guardian in disguise? Will she be the master of Northern Star in disguise who watch over his disciplines, Geum, Ok Nam and specially Prof Jung (IZY's reincarnation). Jung has lots of issues to be resolved: his suppressed angers and Izy's revenge memory that buried deep under his subconcious mind. He made troubles for every life phase. So as for present life, as Prof Jung, I think he will create big trouble soon too. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, aoikarin said:

However, I think it's pretty fair to give ON chance to date Prof Jung. She always think that Prof Jung is his past life husband, and wants him to remember her. She needs to spend more time with Prof Jung to see her real feeling for him whether she's right that he's her longing husband.

I agree but Professor Jung made a point, does it matter if he’s her husband? Besides wanting to meet him so she can get her clothing back to go to fairy realm, she wants to be with the reincarnation of her husband because she believes he is the only one for her.

 

But now that she is in this love triangle

and things are more complex, it comes down to whether she loves the guy because he’s the reincarnation of her husband or because of who he is now despite whether or not he’s her husband from past life. Hope I make sense. Basically she shouldn’t fall in love with the man cause he’s her past husband but because he’s someone she couldn’t help falling for at this very moment in present time.

 

I was thinking that was the case by how she was thinking about the backhug KG gave her. But then later on she flashed back to Professor. So I’m split between who she truly likes because she thinks of both of them. Maybe she loves Professor jung because she thinks he’s her husband and because of being friends in his pst life, share a familiar connection. But she is in love with KG and doesn’t realize it because she is devoted to her husband not knowing he is really the one who is her husband. So her feelings for him are not rooted from a memory but the present experiences she said shared with him.

 

It can go another way too (if Professor jung isn’t the husband) where after ON finds out that Prof isn’t her past life husband, it’s too late cause she has already fallen for him. It won’t matter that he’s the husband or not (cause he asked her that when he confessed). I think she will be a refreshing light to his lonely pain that he’s endured through the cycle of his lives. 

 

I like this show cause the plot is pretty unpredictable and leaves a lot of room for theories.

 

4 hours ago, xprosperity said:

Just a theory:

 

Love it!!! You’re onto something. Just cause Professor jung is the fire god doesn’t mean he’s not the husband too. Maybe ON had mistaken the woodcutter as the wind god when really all that time he was the fire god.

 

Now what is everyone’s take on the mystery behind that accessory she holds dear? Not sure what to call it but the one that hung on a tree during woodcutter past life and she has a flashback where a deer (that looks so much like Bambi) appears warning her about her husband.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aoikarin said:

 

I really wish for the next episodes, Geum will not be a noble idiot, surrenders to Prof Jung, lets Prof. Jung wins Fairy's heart without even finds out ON's true love, just because he loves LIKE Jung so much. I wants him to put more effort wooing ON and let her know that he is her husband she's been waiting for. 

 

I love Jung since beginning of the show.. I still think he's a cute, funny, pretty man with over the top reactions and loveable. He's mean but not evil. He's fussy but tsundere. He's warmhearted and really care for Geum. HOWEVER, after watching ep 8. I found him very selfish. The way he confessed to Geum that he also likes ON somehow upset me. First, Geum told Jung that he likes ON, he's actively wooing ON. Then, Jung told him to stay away from ON just because he doesn't believe her. Later, Jung falls for her and tells Geum ignorantly (without even give any tiny consideration that his action will hurt Geum). I really wish Jung respect Geum's feeling for ON in the first place, then tells him in a better way that they both will be love rival. Well, I can't blame Jung anyway since he's never known about love. He can be selfish as he like (hahaha Geum please learn from Jung). While I saw Geum has known love from his previous life and been nurtured with lots of loves by his mom. 

 

About Geum's mom.. Is she a mere human? or She is indeed a deity guardian in disguise? Will she be the master of Northern Star in disguise who watch over his disciplines, Geum, Ok Nam and specially Prof Jung (IZY's reincarnation). Jung has lots of issues to be resolved: his suppressed angers and Izy's revenge memory that buried deep under his subconcious mind. He made troubles for every life phase. So as for present life, as Prof Jung, I think he will create big trouble soon too. 

Ur posts r golden.. Gosh!! U told everything which I had in mind!! 

Episode 8 was very much bitter to me.. Professor Jung thinking of Guem as third wheel during the game whereas he is the one who came in middle.. Wasn't he the one who was very much against Ok Nam believed her to be insane!! He told Guem to stay away from Ok Nam n now he is the one chasing her!!.. The way he told Guem that he likes Ok Nam was really cruel!!.. Guemi is a person who always cares for Professor Jung but I don't see him doing it.. Guemi never wants him to be left alone!! I don't much like his attitude.. Like him assuming stuffs,  he thinks of himself sacrificing by eating neck portion without even knowing what others want!!.. I loved the fact that Guemi like neck portion which is the same as the hubby!! I loved the way,  Ok Nam subconsciously included Guemi in every step like the breakfast!! It's gonna be more angst for GuemNam in upcoming episodes!! 

I really want to know y red fairy thought of bausae as culprit? Who did bausae really love at that time? Where is the winged dress of Ok Nam? 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, philosophie said:

I agree but Professor Jung made a point, does it matter if he’s her husband? Besides wanting to meet him so she can get her clothing back to go to fairy realm, she wants to be with the reincarnation of her husband because she believes he is the only one for her.

 

I like this show cause the plot is pretty unpredictable and leaves a lot of room for theories.

 

 

Love it!!! You’re onto something. Just cause Professor jung is the fire god doesn’t mean he’s not the husband too. Maybe ON had mistaken the woodcutter as the wind god when really all that time he was the fire god.

 

Now what is everyone’s take on the mystery behind that accessory she holds dear? Not sure what to call it but the one that hung on a tree during woodcutter past life and she has a flashback where a deer (that looks so much like Bambi) appears warning her about her husband.

@philosophie I love your post!  it reminds me to be more open minded that Jung still has possibility to be her husband, while tbh i'm insanely bias towards Geumi.. HAHAHAHA. I love this show too, it's very unpredictable and love to discuss more about it.

 

My opinion about the accessory (scent pouch)

She believes it that it was from her husband, the last gift before he disappeared. How did she know that it was from her husband? because of the embroidery patterns on it, the lotus flower and a butterfly (btw it looks like a bat instead of butterfly LOL). I think as husband and wife they shared an understanding where Lotus flower represents ON and the butterfly represents husband.

 

And here my bias reasons for Geum as her husband based on the accessory (please bear with me :relaxed:):

* In ep 5 Geum has a memory that he hung up the accessory to the tree when he saw it for the first time in ON's room.

* The embroidery on necktie that ON gave to Geum was a butterfly. (I took it as a hint from the writer) 

 

My BIASED thoughts about the deer (Bamby Girl) warned ON about her husband: (again please bear with me)

*Based on ON's story, a hunter (he looks like master GU) chased the deer and the woodcutter saved the deer from the hunter. Then, it gave him a reward by taking him to the fairy's spring. The deer led the woodcutter to meet ON, and ended up he fell in love with ON. My point is, the deer in fact was indebted its life to the woodcutter. It confused me that instead of being grateful to the woodcutter, it looked like the deer had a grudge against the woodcutter and tried to arise suspicious, created misunderstanding between ON and her husband. <----- which reminds me to Prof Jung who reminded Geum to stay away from ON

**To me the deer is the suspicious one. I don't think the woodcutter lied to ON, I believed he didn't hide ON's fairy clothes but the deer ran away with it.

 

Eventhough ON forgot the look of her husband (I forgive her since she was 699 years old and no camera has been invented to capture his picture :tounge_xd:), but she never forget his personality. He was a clumsy, shy, tender, kind in nature and loving husband and very much love his children. (which is very match to Geum's personality,  who is also in good term with Jeom soon and Jeom Dol the egg compared to Prof Jung). The show hasn't showed us who reincarnated as woodcutter, Izy or Bausae. However, based similar personality and the similar first reaction of Geum's and Woodcutter's seeing ON half naked bathing, I tend to believe that the woodcutter was bausae's reincarnation. to me, ON's first guess that Woodcutter was Bausae's reincarnation was correct. However, her second guess that Jung was Bausae's reincarnation or (her thought to be past life husband's reincarnation) was wrong. 

 

Anyway, we haven't got any clue about Bausae's personality.. Was he really a cruel deity who would do anything for ON and betrayed Izy when they was in fairy realm? or it's just Izy's misunderstanding and mistook him as a traitor?

 

My 2 cents about Bausae:

it's possible that Bausae's love letter was for ON but he's too shy to tell her (just like present Geum, never confess to her directly, but only told Jung).. However, he found out Izy also fell for ON. The love for similar gender was against the nature, that's why Izy was banished from the fairy realm. Izy thought Bausae was the one who told their master but in fact he wasn't but another fairy did (Could it be Dr Lee? LOL). When Izy was punished to mortal world, Bausae who felt responsible for Izy followed her to mortal world (I know I made Bausae as noble idiot here... HAHAHA you know I'm a very biased Geum's fan).  That's why until present life, Bausae as Geum keeps Izy, the Prof Jung accompanied. He never left the poor soul Jung alone. Even the chuseok day, Geum dragged Prof Jung to his home since he really didn't want Jung being alone, feeling left behind. 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@aoikarin

That's how I feel too. A thought that I have. What if it's just a misunderstanding that Izy thought Bausae betrayed her but he didn't. That's why it's weird how in the beginning of episode 5, she said one day both Izy and Bausae disappeared. Like as if she's implying both of them disappeared at the same time. And we know in the newer episodes, the master of Northern Star did kicked Izy out of the fairy realm. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...