Quantcast
Jump to content
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Gyeryong Fairy Tale / Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter, 계룡선녀전

Recommended Posts

On 11/13/2018 at 8:05 AM, heyshownu said:

 

i think because the plot is slow. im watching raw but i feel so boring at the first 20 minutes...and too many scenes with that female professor..idk but somehow its lacking..ep1 was so much fun, ep2 was okay but slow too but ep3 aishhh

 

how to save the show..its declining so much eventhou only at ep3.

 

 Poor editing......so the episodes were draggy. Some scenes were meant to be funny but they fell flat:persevere:. I would have edited out the loony woman in the cinema scene for example (or unless the comedic moment is lost on translation).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well what i understand  I believe that Kim Geum is a "sleeping/unawakened" immortal/deity... In the beginning of episode 3, Fairy Seon was talking about how there are some immortals amongst people - some know who they are and some are not aware... I believe this fits the bill of Kim Geum being able to understand animals and also seeing Fairy Seon in her original younger fairy form.... He is exhibiting some of his powers; not all as he has yet to be "awakened" to his full status... This is an assumptiongreen-scarf-emoticon-24.gif

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jeonghyang said:

Hahahaha! These TRIO were so damn hilarious!

 

Seriously, I can't stop laughing on those trio! Thanks to them, I am awakened to the fact that what we have now are monster octopus, a product of genetic mutation (right?) :joy: :joy: :joy:

 

Kim Geum and Seon Ok Nam's scenes are really a treasure of this episode and I'm really hoping for more interactions with them on the upcoming episodes!!!!! :wub:

 

Spoiler

I really hope that he is the woodcutter please my instincts don't betray my poor heart! :heartbreak:

 

Btw, Yoon Hyun Min's character is really improving a lot and I think I like him much much better in this episode! Since episode 3, I'm really having fun with his role and I must admit that our professor is really hot! lol! Don't worry Kim Geum, you've still got my heart! :joy: :love: Alaso, I'm really glad to know that Jeom Seon Yi is having a love interest (??? or a stalker?)

 

Meanwhile, the end was a really cliffhanger! I am just so thrilled to watch the episode 5! Glad to know that the ratings are doing better, hoping for the best on the next episodes! Fighting! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter] Ep 3 spoilers, Yoon Hyun Min x Moon Chae Won x Seo Ji Hoon

 

mama.png

 

Article: Naver 'Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter' Jeon Soo Jin at Yoon Hyun Min's coffee, "Ko Du Shimwants me to give it to you" 

  • Jeom Soon (Kang Mi Na) gets caught as her human form to Kim Geum (Seo Ji Hoon). 
  • Jung Yi Hyun (Yoon Hyun Min) gets himself drunk and Jeom Soon carries him home using her tiger form. 


1. [+147,-23]
It's such a shame for the casting of character Jung Yi Hyun. I realized that Yoon Hyun Min's agency = producing this drama. They are casting their own people. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+129,-23]
Seems like a weird drama that leaves one dumbfounded. The CG 
too.. And it has no context. Yoon Hyun Min's acting is really not there. 

3. [+77,-18]
Every time Yoon Hyun Min appears, I get distracted from the drama. Can't they do something about his acting? Not sure how he got his role. I had fun watching it, but whenever he comes out, it makes me sigh. 

4. [+48,-6]
Soulless comments. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+28,-3]
Why are these comments soulless? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+17,-2]
When pretty Moon Chae Won wore her fairy clothes and danced, that left a deep impression on me. 

7. [+15,-1]
That bobbed hair is fresh and funny. 

8. [+13,-1]
Ko
Du Shim
 doesn't feel like the character in the original work. 

8. [+16,-5]
I've watched it live, it felt such a pity. It's too strange. The acting is strange, CG is strange, the actors and their roles are a pity. 

 

Spoiler
fairy.png
 

Article: Naver 'Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter' Yoon Hyun Min's heartfelt confession being drunk, "Mina-ya, sorry" 

1. [+341,-77]
I'm not a fan of the original work, but I think Yoon Hyun Min can't act. On their official homepage, they introduced him as a character with a picky
personality. He's not a picky person, but he's just thoughtless. Whenever he appears, I get distracted. Can't they do something about his acting?

2. [+251,-32]
To think that they made such a boring drama out of an amazing webtoon. Yoon Hyun Min's acting is totally disappointing. Is it Kim Kim? He's unexpectedly better. 

3. [+76,-8]
I burst out laughing when I saw Han Hyun Min dancing with the goats. ㅋㅋ A drama that has no basis and leaves one dumbfounded. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Humiliation to Han Hyun Min. ㅋㅋ

4. [+65,-5]
The scenes with Professor are boring. Why was the dinner get-together scene so long? I laughed so much watching Moon Chae Won dancing with Han Hyun Min and goats. But seeing that the Professor female doctor kept appearing, I turned the channel. 

5. [+73,-46]
Yoon Hyun Min's really bad at acting. I get distracted so I turned the channel. 

6. [+22,-0]
Please increase screen time for the bobbed hair man. He's so funny. ㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+24,-6]
It's cute. Why is everyone acting this way? 

8. [+16,-0]
Everyone, the husband isn't Yoon Hyun Min. 

9. [+14,-0]
I had fun watching this though. What's with the bad comments? It's fun. 

10. [+13,-0]
Yoon Hyun Min is a deer passing by.

 

-----------

 

[Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter] Ep 4 spoilers, Yoon Hyun Min x Moon Chae Won x Seo Ji Hoon

 

moon.png

 

1. [+453,-62]
Yoon Hyun Min is the male lead of this romcom, but my heart doesn't flutter at all.. I think that's the problem.. Surprisingly, Kim Kim is much more charismatic. His chemistry with Moon Chae Won is good too..
 
2. [+211,-29]
Let's take it that the webtoon fans are the ones complaining that Yoon Hyun Min's acting is bad and he's out of character as Professor Jung Yi Hyun. But Yoon Hyun Min's acting after reinterpreting the character isn't really impressive too?
 
3. [+84,-17]
Pretty Moon Chae Won~ ♡
 
4. [+84,-21]
Moon Chae Won is surprisingly pretty. 
 
5. [+37,-8]
Moon Chae Won looks pretty wearing the traditional hanbok, and she looks pretty wearing that 
ahjumma outfit. I hope they develop the romance part faster.
 
6. [+32,-4]
The webtoon was perfect. But the casting and acting 
is bad.
 

7. [+35,-8]

I'm enjoying this. Seems like it's getting more interesting.. I'll be looking forward to the next episode! Yoon Hyun Min and Moon Chae Won, fighting. 
 
 
Spoiler

 

fairy.png
 
1. [+82,-8]
I like Kim Kim more than Yoon Hyun Min~ He has better chemistry with the female lead.
 
2. [+65,-0]
Mountain God Park. ㅋㅋ Why is the bobbed hair so good at acting? He's so funny. ㅋㅋ
 
3. [+17,-0]
Is Moon Chae Won's beauty real?
 
4. [+15,-1]
I'm enjoying this drama.
 
5. [+12,-0]
I'd like to see Moon Chae Won in a melodrama. Watching her acting emotional and affectionate, I thought it would be good to see her in a traditional melodrama. Anyway, there isn't any development between the leads. Will there be any next week? I hope for some developments.
 
6. [+19,-10]
Jeom Soon is so cute.
 
7. [+9,-0]
Moon Chae Won shines even when she wears an
ahjumma outfit. The scene where she goes to the movie with Kim Kim was funny.
 
8. [+9,-1]
Kim Geum is handsome.
 
9. [+13,-6]
I really like Mountain God Park.
 
10. [+6,-1]
When will Jung Yi Hyun recover his memories? 

 

1
1

cr

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello !! i have been stalking this thread for a while but this is my first post!! 

Spoiler

DsAuxiXVAAAVSDs.jpg

 

i just saw this on twitter and i think it proves that they're going to make him the woodcutter!! so excited (cr. jihuxn on twt)

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

 

19 hours ago, AlexandraReid said:

[Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter] Ep 3 spoilers, Yoon Hyun Min x Moon Chae Won x Seo Ji Hoon

 

 

 

Article: Naver 'Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter' Jeon Soo Jin at Yoon Hyun Min's coffee, "Ko Du Shimwants me to give it to you" 

  • Jeom Soon (Kang Mi Na) gets caught as her human form to Kim Geum (Seo Ji Hoon). 
  • Jung Yi Hyun (Yoon Hyun Min) gets himself drunk and Jeom Soon carries him home using her tiger form. 


1. [+147,-23]
It's such a shame for the casting of character Jung Yi Hyun. I realized that Yoon Hyun Min's agency = producing this drama. They are casting their own people. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+129,-23]
Seems like a weird drama that leaves one dumbfounded. The CG 
too.. And it has no context. Yoon Hyun Min's acting is really not there. 

3. [+77,-18]
Every time Yoon Hyun Min appears, I get distracted from the drama. Can't they do something about his acting? Not sure how he got his role. I had fun watching it, but whenever he comes out, it makes me sigh. 

4. [+48,-6]
Soulless comments. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+28,-3]
Why are these comments soulless? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+17,-2]
When pretty Moon Chae Won wore her fairy clothes and danced, that left a deep impression on me. 

7. [+15,-1]
That bobbed hair is fresh and funny. 

8. [+13,-1]
Ko
Du Shim
 doesn't feel like the character in the original work. 

8. [+16,-5]
I've watched it live, it felt such a pity. It's too strange. The acting is strange, CG is strange, the actors and their roles are a pity. 

 

  Hide contents

 

Article: Naver 'Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter' Yoon Hyun Min's heartfelt confession being drunk, "Mina-ya, sorry" 

1. [+341,-77]
I'm not a fan of the original work, but I think Yoon Hyun Min can't act. On their official homepage, they introduced him as a character with a picky
personality. He's not a picky person, but he's just thoughtless. Whenever he appears, I get distracted. Can't they do something about his acting?

2. [+251,-32]
To think that they made such a boring drama out of an amazing webtoon. Yoon Hyun Min's acting is totally disappointing. Is it Kim Kim? He's unexpectedly better. 

3. [+76,-8]
I burst out laughing when I saw Han Hyun Min dancing with the goats. ㅋㅋ A drama that has no basis and leaves one dumbfounded. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Humiliation to Han Hyun Min. ㅋㅋ

4. [+65,-5]
The scenes with Professor are boring. Why was the dinner get-together scene so long? I laughed so much watching Moon Chae Won dancing with Han Hyun Min and goats. But seeing that the Professor female doctor kept appearing, I turned the channel. 

5. [+73,-46]
Yoon Hyun Min's really bad at acting. I get distracted so I turned the channel. 

6. [+22,-0]
Please increase screen time for the bobbed hair man. He's so funny. ㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+24,-6]
It's cute. Why is everyone acting this way? 

8. [+16,-0]
Everyone, the husband isn't Yoon Hyun Min. 

9. [+14,-0]
I had fun watching this though. What's with the bad comments? It's fun. 

10. [+13,-0]
Yoon Hyun Min is a deer passing by.

 

 

-----------

 

[Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter] Ep 4 spoilers, Yoon Hyun Min x Moon Chae Won x Seo Ji Hoon

 

1. [+453,-62]
Yoon Hyun Min is the male lead of this romcom, but my heart doesn't flutter at all.. I think that's the problem.. Surprisingly, Kim Kim is much more charismatic. His chemistry with Moon Chae Won is good too..
 
2. [+211,-29]
Let's take it that the webtoon fans are the ones complaining that Yoon Hyun Min's acting is bad and he's out of character as Professor Jung Yi Hyun. But Yoon Hyun Min's acting after reinterpreting the character isn't really impressive too?
 
3. [+84,-17]
Pretty Moon Chae Won~ ♡
 
4. [+84,-21]
Moon Chae Won is surprisingly pretty. 
 
5. [+37,-8]
Moon Chae Won looks pretty wearing the traditional hanbok, and she looks pretty wearing that 
ahjumma outfit. I hope they develop the romance part faster.
 
6. [+32,-4]
The webtoon was perfect. But the casting and acting 
is bad.
 

7. [+35,-8]

I'm enjoying this. Seems like it's getting more interesting.. I'll be looking forward to the next episode! Yoon Hyun Min and Moon Chae Won, fighting. 
 
 
  Hide contents
 
 
1. [+82,-8]
I like Kim Kim more than Yoon Hyun Min~ He has better chemistry with the female lead.
 
2. [+65,-0]
Mountain God Park. ㅋㅋ Why is the bobbed hair so good at acting? He's so funny. ㅋㅋ
 
3. [+17,-0]
Is Moon Chae Won's beauty real?
 
4. [+15,-1]
I'm enjoying this drama.
 
5. [+12,-0]
I'd like to see Moon Chae Won in a melodrama. Watching her acting emotional and affectionate, I thought it would be good to see her in a traditional melodrama. Anyway, there isn't any development between the leads. Will there be any next week? I hope for some developments.
 
6. [+19,-10]
Jeom Soon is so cute.
 
7. [+9,-0]
Moon Chae Won shines even when she wears an
ahjumma outfit. The scene where she goes to the movie with Kim Kim was funny.
 
8. [+9,-1]
Kim Geum is handsome.
 
9. [+13,-6]
I really like Mountain God Park.
 
10. [+6,-1]
When will Jung Yi Hyun recover his memories? 

 

1
1

cr

 

 

I really hate to see some of these negative comments, the drama has some positive points too. It's actually pretty fun, I'm really enjoying it so far. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I'm a bit saddened to hear all the negative comments on Yoon Hyun Min too, since he's an established actor - he definitely can act (Tunnel, Witch's Court, Cruel City etc). The particular character he's playing isn't in his favor, but maybe when more is revealed later down the track then maybe I'll come to understand. 

 

For the mean time I think I'll hold on until the drama is finished, or at least until I am spoiled on who the husband is. That way I have peace of mind :D

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, jihux said:

hello !! i have been stalking this thread for a while but this is my first post!! 

  Hide contents

 

 

i just saw this on twitter and i think it proves that they're going to make him the woodcutter!! so excited (cr. jihuxn on twt)

 

 

 

I'm dead with this news. Thanks❤

 

For all the negative comments,reviews -it's not the fault of actors it's writer who's lacking . All the actors are talented having outstanding previous projects and long term experience. I'm so excited for this drama but it's really true it's sometime boring while watching. But still waiting for interesting track .

 

 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks! :)
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kasjady said:

 I'm a bit saddened to hear all the negative comments on Yoon Hyun Min too, since he's an established actor - he definitely can act (Tunnel, Witch's Court, Cruel City etc). The particular character he's playing isn't in his favor, but maybe when more is revealed later down the track then maybe I'll come to understand. 

 

For the mean time I think I'll hold on until the drama is finished, or at least until I am spoiled on who the husband is. That way I have peace of mind :D

yeah.. It's poor for the crew dan the actors/actress especially YHM.. They already did the best..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, @AlexandraReid for posting the knetz' comments. I'll have to add 1 to this comment. 

 

2. [+211,-29]
Let's take it that the webtoon fans are the ones complaining that Yoon Hyun Min's acting is bad and he's out of character as Professor Jung Yi Hyun. But Yoon Hyun Min's acting after reinterpreting the character isn't really impressive too?

 

I'm blogging about this kdrama because it has potential and I want to see where the screenwriter will go with this. I'll put an excerpt here because I don't want to bore the good readers here with my "wall of text." 

 

link:  http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/16/mama-fairy-and-the-woodcutter-episodes-3-and-4

 

***********


I’d been scratching my head over tvN’s rationale for another husband-hunting kdrama. Did the producers just want to start another tiresome Fan Armageddon ala Reply series which will then raise viewership?!

 

But now after watching four episodes, I think I got the whole point of the show.

 

The show is rehashing the same old argument between life partners vs soulmates. Remember "You're Beautiful" with that whole love triangle involving the tomboyish girl, the mean guy and the caring guy? lol. This "Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter" is the fairy tale version.

 

To me, this whole kdrama makes sense – and becomes more palatable to viewers averse to fanwars – if we view the Fairy’s conflict as her attempts to determine whether it’s better to be with her life partner (literally, a HUMAN life partner) or her soul mate (an eternal soul like her).

 

As I'd written in another post, from the onset, the kdrama writer pushed hard to establish the Professor as the reincarnated husband. I cited a few reasons like his sleeplessness due to nightmares, his urination, his knowledge of the cat’s name, and the vision he had of the Old Woman as a real Fairy.

 

And now, to add to this list, we have seen more evidences from Episodes 3 and 4 that he’s the reincarnation of the human husband.

 

1. He recognizes the tiger as his daughter.

 

This convinces me that he is the father. Unlike Geum who relates to the cat because he’s naturally empathetic, YH relates to the tiger through his PERSONAL memories of her. He remembers its name, JeomSoon, because as the father, he would have named his own child. He scolds it for drinking his coffee because as the father, he probably disciplined his own child in the previous life. Now, he apologizes to it for not being there when it grew up because he disappeared and died early in his previous lifetime leaving his child an orphan. This kind of sadness and regret CANNOT be duplicated by Geum, even if he’s an empath, because he isn’t the father. All Geum can offer is kindness but he doesn’t have the memories.

 

 

So, there you go.

 

I think this is the twist that the kdrama has put into the original source material. It adds depth to the comic strip and it gives the kdrama writer artistic license to recreate the story as she/he deems appropriate.

 

On one hand, there’s the Assistant Geum who acts like the Fairy’s soulmate. They complement each other like peanut butter and jelly, knives and forks, and hugs and kisses. But on the other hand, there’s the Professor who’s very much human (like the woodcutter) in his interaction with the Fairy. More importantly, despite his denials, he’s the one, not Geum, who retains the memories of the dead husband.

 

To me then, the deciding factor for the Happily Ever After ending is the Fairy's happiness. With whom will she be happy? Right now, the identity of the husband she’ll choose to live with for the rest of her existence here on earth (or in the afterworld) is still up in the air.

 

source: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/16/mama-fairy-and-the-woodcutter-episodes-3-and-4/
 

8NA8TM4.jpg?zoom=1.25&ssl=1

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, packmule3 said:

Thanks, @AlexandraReid for posting the knetz' comments. I'll have to add 1 to this comment. 

 

2. [+211,-29]
Let's take it that the webtoon fans are the ones complaining that Yoon Hyun Min's acting is bad and he's out of character as Professor Jung Yi Hyun. But Yoon Hyun Min's acting after reinterpreting the character isn't really impressive too?

 

I'm blogging about this kdrama because it has potential and I want to see where the screenwriter will go with this. I'll put an excerpt here because I don't want to bore the good readers here with my "wall of text." 

 

link:  http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/16/mama-fairy-and-the-woodcutter-episodes-3-and-4

 

***********


I’d been scratching my head over tvN’s rationale for another husband-hunting kdrama. Did the producers just want to start another tiresome Fan Armageddon ala Reply series which will then raise viewership?!

 

But now after watching four episodes, I think I got the whole point of the show.

 

The show is rehashing the same old argument between life partners vs soulmates. Remember "You're Beautiful" with that whole love triangle involving the tomboyish girl, the mean guy and the caring guy? lol. This "Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter" is the fairy tale version.

 

To me, this whole kdrama makes sense – and becomes more palatable to viewers averse to fanwars – if we view the Fairy’s conflict as her attempts to determine whether it’s better to be with her life partner (literally, a HUMAN life partner) or her soul mate (an eternal soul like her).

 

As I'd written in another post, from the onset, the kdrama writer pushed hard to establish the Professor as the reincarnated husband. I cited a few reasons like his sleeplessness due to nightmares, his urination, his knowledge of the cat’s name, and the vision he had of the Old Woman as a real Fairy.

 

And now, to add to this list, we have seen more evidences from Episodes 3 and 4 that he’s the reincarnation of the human husband.

 

1. He recognizes the tiger as his daughter.

 

This convinces me that he is the father. Unlike Geum who relates to the cat because he’s naturally empathetic, YH relates to the tiger through his PERSONAL memories of her. He remembers its name, JeomSoon, because as the father, he would have named his own child. He scolds it for drinking his coffee because as the father, he probably disciplined his own child in the previous life. Now, he apologizes to it for not being there when it grew up because he disappeared and died early in his previous lifetime leaving his child an orphan. This kind of sadness and regret CANNOT be duplicated by Geum, even if he’s an empath, because he isn’t the father. All Geum can offer is kindness but he doesn’t have the memories.

 

 

So, there you go.

 

I think this is the twist that the kdrama has put into the original source material. It adds depth to the comic strip and it gives the kdrama writer artistic license to recreate the story as she/he deems appropriate.

 

On one hand, there’s the Assistant Geum who acts like the Fairy’s soulmate. They complement each other like peanut butter and jelly, knives and forks, and hugs and kisses. But on the other hand, there’s the Professor who’s very much human (like the woodcutter) in his interaction with the Fairy. More importantly, despite his denials, he’s the one, not Geum, who retains the memories of the dead husband.

 

To me then, the deciding factor for the Happily Ever After ending is the Fairy's happiness. With whom will she be happy? Right now, the identity of the husband she’ll choose to live with for the rest of her existence here on earth (or in the afterworld) is still up in the air.

 

source: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/16/mama-fairy-and-the-woodcutter-episodes-3-and-4/
 

 

 

 

I'm so agree with this, I love Professor so much and this scene where he said I'm Sorry

to JS he sounds like real father It was so beautiful scene.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As someone who read the webtoon, I don't see that many differences between the drama and webtoon so far lol 

 

Spoiler

Oknam since the beginning also thinks Yihyun is her husband in the webtoon, she goes to Seoul because of him, but we later find out the real reason she feels a connection between them...

 

YHM is doing a over the top version of Professor Yihyun, but the drama is being interpreted as a more comical version of the webtoon (like the director called: a sitcom), so maybe that's why...

Also, to me this drama is more than a romance "hunting-husband" drama. It's about redemption... We have seen characters from fairy world in the last episodes that are part of that, which makes me so excited to watch more episodes. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next episodes, even tho I know the story will probably get more interesting to me in the second half (my favorite part of the webtoon)...

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I really like this drama. Sure there is some flaws, but it those give me the warm feelings that make me happy inside after finishing an episode :) Yi hyun is maybe in some way over the top, but I think in episode 4 he is toned down a bitt and I have warmed up to him. He is not a bad person, more a person that lack some social skills. Kim geum is really a sweetheart that is easy to like, but I think both boys is fantastic is their own right. Ok nam is a gentle and sweet character, but also want to learn more about her and the fairy world. I hope that they gonna dwell more into her in later episodes. Maybe for some it have not happened allot, but I feel they have used time to lay out the present story, so looking forward to some plot moving and some shaking up. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, packmule3 said:

1. He recognizes the tiger as his daughter.

 

This convinces me that he is the father. Unlike Geum who relates to the cat because he’s naturally empathetic, YH relates to the tiger through his PERSONAL memories of her. He remembers its name, JeomSoon, because as the father, he would have named his own child. He scolds it for drinking his coffee because as the father, he probably disciplined his own child in the previous life. Now, he apologizes to it for not being there when it grew up because he disappeared and died early in his previous lifetime leaving his child an orphan. This kind of sadness and regret CANNOT be duplicated by Geum, even if he’s an empath, because he isn’t the father. All Geum can offer is kindness but he doesn’t have the memories.

 

On one hand, there’s the Assistant Geum who acts like the Fairy’s soulmate. They complement each other like peanut butter and jelly, knives and forks, and hugs and kisses. But on the other hand, there’s the Professor who’s very much human (like the woodcutter) in his interaction with the Fairy. More importantly, despite his denials, he’s the one, not Geum, who retains the memories of the dead husband.

 

To me then, the deciding factor for the Happily Ever After ending is the Fairy's happiness. With whom will she be happy? Right now, the identity of the husband she’ll choose to live with for the rest of her existence here on earth (or in the afterworld) is still up in the air.

 

source: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/11/16/mama-fairy-and-the-woodcutter-episodes-3-and-4/
 

 

 

1

I'm sorry to cut your post in short. In my point of view, it is still too early to stated that Yi Hyun indeed the husband and Kim Geum doesn't have the memories. But i can not hide my applaud to your clues descriptions.
what about we going to other directions that later in the next episodes, one by one we can see how Kim Geum past live. As we can see in the teaser for episode 5, Kim geum is also an Immortal.
and as for Yi Hyun said sorry about jeom soon did not grow up with her father, we can say that to someone that they felt sorry for "Like a grandfather to his grandchildren, not to their own daughter/son coz he left them when they're still a kid".
(the reason why based on webtoon, i put into the spoiler).
Also, we cannot neglect the fact that the egg cracked when Kim Kim touch it and the next episode when he treats Ok Nam illness in her house, he touched it again (this one is based on the teaser).

The drama also talking about patient. If you already wait for 699 years, what's wrong for taking a little bit more. Ok Nam bit by bit think how she got pressed by Yi Hyun. We can see in the 3rd episode how she converse with Master Gu about how fairy now being forgotten by the human. She even cannot says that she is a fairy but little she realizes that Kim Geum always cheers her on and even called her Ms. Fairy. This means also sometimes, your longing heart can cloud your judgment.

 

Spoiler

The drama is going to the webtoon logic. Yi Hyun past life has something about the woodcutter reason to die and leave his family behind. That's why he said like that to jeom soon in his dream. But Seon Ok Nam, not knowing this, thought the other way. Once you are husband and wife (lover) in the past, you're gonna be a lover in the next life also.

1
1

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spoilers please!!!

 

Spoiler

If you read webtoon please tell me With whom she ends up in webtoon?

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think YHM is funny in his role and he make me laughed a lot with his antique characters. I think they complement each other, while KG is such a sweetheart, hes more unpredictable and strange. But yeah the chemistry with fairy, i think KG is cuter. I got a bit SLS here. The pace and the storyline could be improve i think.. theyre a bit slow and over the place. Will still continue watch this for some good laugh. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...