Quantcast
Jillia

[Drama 2018] Gyeryong Fairy Tale / Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter, 계룡선녀전

The highlight video is awesome . Love the fantasy elements & how grumpy YHM is. He does “cranky”  well :lol:. And so happy to see MCW again :heart: 

giphy.gif

Seo Ji Hoon’s character is  a sweetheart & suffering under his cranky professor; but it seems they will set him up also with the cat girl ( Daughter?) . 

I can’t wait ...

Edited by triplem
added gif
  • Like 14

Thank you @RPM I love the story already ... 

Somehow this story reminds me that some of the fairy tales around the world more or less are quite similar.  I believe that everyone can enjoy it.

• Like 6

https://www.allkpop.com/video/2018/10/watch-the-highlight-preview-of-fantasy-romance-gyeryong-fairy-tale-premiering-next-week-after-100-days-my-prince

Watch the highlight preview of fantasy romance 'Gyeryong Fairy Tale', premiering next week after '100 Days My Prince'!

Now that tvN's '100 Days My Prince' has come to an end, how will you fulfill your romantic comedy drama needs? With tvN's next production to take over the time slot of '100 Days My Prince' - another fantasy romance fusion series, 'Gyeryong Fairy Tale'!

Based off of a web novel of the same name, 'Gyeryong Fairy Tale' stars Moon Chae Won and Go Doo Shim, both in the role of a Taoist fairy Sun Ok Nam. At first, the drama follows the traditional Korean folktale of a lumberjack who stole the winged clothes of a fairy, allowing the fairy to stay on earth and for the two to get married. However, there's a modern twist to the folktale as 699 years later, Ok Nam is still living in the mountains with her daughter, waiting and searching for the reincarnation of her husband. 

Throughout the drama, Ok Nam must attempt to find out who her reincarnated husband is between Jung Yi Hyun (played by Yoon Hyun Min) and Kim Geum (played by Seo Ji Hoon), with the help of her cat daughter Jeom Soon (played by Gugudan's Mina). 

Watch the full highlight preview of 'Gyeryong Fairy Tale' above to brush up on all the details while you wait for the drama's premiere on November 5 at 9:30 PM KST!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

https://www.soompi.com/article/1255165wpp/watch-mama-fairy-woodcutter-promises-romance-tragedy-comedy-new-teaser

Watch: “Mama Fairy And The Woodcutter” Promises Romance, Tragedy, And Comedy In New Teaser

tvN’s upcoming drama “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” has released a new teaser!

The new trailer shows an even more detailed breakdown of the characters than we’d ever seen before. The drama tells the story of a 699-year-old fairy (played by Moon Chae Won and Go Doo Shim) who is waiting for her woodcutter husband to reincarnate.

In the video, Yoon Hyun Min and Seo Ji Hoon come across Moon Chae Won bathing when they get lost in the woods. Both men have the ability to see the fairy’s young and old appearances, and both of them seem to be familiar with the cat that hangs around the café, making the fairy confused as to which of them might be her husband.

However, there is a bit of darkness in this trailer as it’s revealed that Yoon Hyun Min – who is a serious germaphobe – has been keeping some of his memories locked away. Being around Moon Chae Won re-triggers those memories, so this drives him away from her. Later, the fairy sits on a mountain with Ahn Gil Kang and says wistfully, “The human world is full of regrets.”

Meanwhile, gugudan’s Mina has a lot of fun in this trailer as Jum Soon Yi, the daughter of the woodcutter and the fairy. Having been reincarnated as a tiger, she regularly switches between cat and human form, leading to amusing exchanges such as Seo Ji Hoon asking a cat with a backpack if she’s looking for some wi-fi. There is also a hint about her brother, who appears to be inside an egg!

“Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” premieres on November 5 and will be available on Viki.

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chuscho said:

Who is the lead male? YHM or SJH? I hope its YHM

YES, it's Yoon Hyun Min the lead male,  I thought I understood that the story could be full of twists and turns

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

- The FAIRY EGG MOTHER -

( The Mother of Tiger )

I was expecting her to rub the egg lovingly... 109.gif 

Knock-Knock! I thought I've heard " Emilia " Clarke? Daenerys Targeryen 62.gif

gNUkh9y.gif

Those innocent in-love smiles!101.gif

Spoiler

Y9YkRAP.gif

RCSD3zf.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 8

Lovely lady indeed:wub:

DqzdohoUUAAlnhK.jpg

Spoiler

문ì±Âì / í±ì¤íÂÂë´ì¤ ìµÂê·Âì 기ìÂÂ

they are visually compliment each other:)

ì¤í민-문ì±ì / í±ì¤íë´ì¤ ìµê·ì 기ì

======

gugudan’s Mina Is A Loving Daughter In “Mama Fairy And The Woodcutter”

Oct 31, 2018
by K. Lew

gugudan’s Mina appears to love her mother regardless of her appearance for “Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter.”

“Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” is about fairy Seon Ok Nam (played by Moon Chae Won and Go Doo Shim). She loses her fairy robes while bathing at a fairy waterfall, and is unable to return to the heavens. While waiting 699 years for her husband to reincarnate, she becomes a barista at the Fairy Cafe at Gyeryong mountain. Her daughter Jeom Soon Yi (played by Mina), a child created from the fairy and the woodcutter, has been reincarnated multiple times. In her current life, she was reincarnated as a tiger, but with training, she learns to switch between human and cat form.

In the released photos, Moon Chae Won and Mina have a pleasant conversation as mother and daughter. Moon Chae Won looks elegant in a simple white top, while Mina looks ready to go to bed in adorable pajamas and hair wrapped up in a towel. In another photo, Go Doo Shim appears as the older-looking Seon Ok Nam, as she and her daughter spend the day outside. She wears a mild-mannered smile and traditional clothing, while Mina checks her reflection in a mirror.

Spoiler

Moon-Chae-Won-Mina.jpgGo-Doo-Shim-Mina.jpg

“Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter” will air its first episode on November 5 at 9:30 p.m. KST, and will be available on Viki!

Soompi

==========

adding

[Orion's Daily Ramblings] "Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter" Shows Off Adorable Mother-Daughter Duo

Save

2018/11/01 

Spoiler

photo1013665.jpg

"Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter" continues to make yours truly a happy woman, and it's a lovely mother and daughter bond that pulls at my heartstrings this time around. The drama has released stills of its titular fairy and her lovely child.

Jeom-soon (Kang Mina) is the daughter of the fairy and the woodcutter. After several reincarnations, she now switches between the appearance of a cat, a tiger and a human. The stills show her with both forms of her mother, played by Moon Chae-won and Go Doo-shim.

I like both images, but I love the pajama one just a little bit more. The two women have such lovely expressions, and I'm a sucker for great women's bonds in stories. These two have lived for a very long time, and they've no doubt been through a lot together. I can't wait to discover their tale. "Mama Fairy and the Woodcutter" premiers on Monday, on tVN.

Spoiler

photo1013664.jpg

Written by: Orion from 'Orion's Ramblings'

• Like 17

I have been camping here since Feb when the thread was opened. I love YHM since Tunnel & started back watching some of his  other work and adored him in Witch’s Court & Cruel city . Was sad when Kang Sora dropped out then super happy again when MCW was casted . Many thanks to @Jillia and everyone else who has been keeping this thread filled with goodies . Just a few more days ! 

• Like 10

5.png?type=w800_q75

4.png?type=w800_q75

6.png?type=w800_q75

Always playing School student character Now Promoted to University student /Teaching assistant. 

Spoiler

2.gif?type=w500_q75First appearance  Ocn drama signal -Negative role (Cameo appearence )

3.gif?type=w500_q75

KBS2 drama the legendary lackey  (bromance )

Spoiler

2.gif

Ocn drama My first love / Longing hearts  (Bromance and Romance )webtoon drama.

4.gif?type=w500_q75

Jtbc Misty drama

7.gif?type=w500_q75

Jtbc solmen's Perjury 

9.gif

KBS Drama school 2017

Management Koo update

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1