Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

I read the translated novel online because I wanted to know the storyline. 

TN in the novel and drama are quite similar, especially now that they revealed that drama TN has her own fandom and is a gifted student. 

Then ... OMG ... the scenes between the main characters after (and many) are rather suggestive and masochistic. How on earth are they going to translate to screen....

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Insightful 1

I just read the article about Li Xian’s acting and yeah...I disagree. Lol I think he’s perfect and his portrayal of cool is mysterious yet down to earth. Li Xian is acting mostly with his eyes since a smile or any show of happiness doesn’t exist as the strict HSY right now. You can feel his frustration with the games and confrontations with his ex friends through his short straightforward responses. He does a good job and I have no complaints. I love how straight to business he is and how much he really loves his team. He’s honest as heck with his feelings so I like Li Xian’s portrayal at the moment. 

• Like 7

@chloevstkawaii I'm also looking forward to seeing more of how smart TN is...I agree that it wasn't shown as much in the novel.  l loved the presentation at the end of episode 5, where TN really showed off her smarts. You can really tell that she's normally very smart, albeit naïve...but she's just rendered speechless and out of sorts when she encountered her first love :)  So, it's Gun's fault that she became so ditzy (honestly, I'm a bit like that too, when I see my crush) LOL

8 minutes ago, Nina Bina said:

I just read the article about Li Xian’s acting and yeah...I disagree. Lol I think he’s perfect and his portrayal of cool is mysterious yet down to earth. Li Xian is acting mostly with his eyes since a smile or any show of happiness doesn’t exist as the strict HSY right now. You can feel his frustration with the games and confrontations with his ex friends through his short straightforward responses. He does a good job and I have no complaints. I love how straight to business he is and how much he really loves his team. He’s honest as heck with his feelings so I like Li Xian’s portrayal at the moment. 

@tenten0227 @Nina Bina I agree with you both that Li Xian is a perfect Gun. And I love how Nina describes Li Xian's acting through his eyes - he is soooo mesmerizing because of it. I noticed too, that Gun/Li Xian uses that more monotoned voice when his patience is running thin - mostly when he's dealing with TN LOL.  In the novel, Gun is described as having no patience, except maybe with TN - so I think the acting portrays that very well, in my opinion. And, he does it on purpose to not scare her, because Gun always thinks that TN is terrified of him. It's that gentle, coaxing tone. Right now, he thinks of Tong Nian as a little kid - not his partner. So, it's understandable that he speaks that way to her.

And Li Xian's acting is perfect for the Gun right now. Notice how in flashbacks, it's a different type of portrayal - the hot-headed, more impulsive, louder Gun. When he left Team Solo, it looks like part of himself stayed behind, and he's now left with an empty shell. So, his feelings are so repressed to the point that he doesn't even want to feel anything - and the only thing that's driving him right now is K&K. Li Xian is a very talented actor - I'm sure that he has thought of Gun's journey and character development and matched his acting with that. People will always complain about something I guess.  It's okay because I sooo enjoy the show, and I'll just go with that :)

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Epi 6 was boring if it wasn't for DEMO who had kept it bearable for me to watch but epi 7 was really funny, mommy Nian is so mad at 'rude' Yan.. we should be getting some fun and loving interactions between our 2 leads from now on, get ready...

I don't care what critics sez but Li Xian is perfect as Gun to me.

• Like 3

Do they air two episodes everyday? Thankful they air everyday but its just weird to not wait for it to air because i don't normally watch Chinese dramas LOL I have been watching this drama without subs and relying on those who caption their scenes on twitter or instagram to understand what is going. lol

@Nina Bina they air two episodes everyday except for Saturday (and the first & last airing days).

Isn't it more fun this way though? We can meet Tong Nian & Han Shang Yan every single day!! :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2019 at 12:26 AM, themarchioness said:

Croton has released the MV for the end theme song, "Milk Bread."  (LOL @ the part where she tells him if he doesn't like what she's wearing, he can tell her what he'd like her to wear the next time, and she will - while the rest of his teammates break out into laughter)

i was sure someone had share this MV :D hahaha n i found it to be you....

i broke out into laughter too....however i dislike the way he arched his brow :x or the way he is trying to look serious lols

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I'm still on ep 3 since I'm watching it with my brother. In ep 2, I noticed they played songs (with lyrics no less) four times, I think it fits, and I'm glad cdramas are using insert songs more since it makes a more memorable experience, I found 4 a little excessive though. I do like the Beyond cover (the song near the end of ep 1) they played, I wish it was the Cantonese original rather than a Mandarin cover, but either way I still like it a lot, since it fits Team Solo pretty well. Also goddamn that is such a nostalgic song.

With Li Xian, I didn't expect him as Gun, I'm not sure what I expected but he wasn't it. In ep 2, I also think his diction? or something with delivery of the speech (for the past 2 years and 3 months speech) wasn't what I expected either. I quite like that speech in the book and I didn't get the same feeling from the drama. But I do think he got resigned across pretty well, probably restrained anger too but I felt that lot less. Aside from that, I think his characterisation have been pretty good. He's grumpy and standoffish is just how Han Shangyan is.

Yang Zi's performance is fine for me too, and I look foward to MBFB developing her character more in the drama. I don't think it's her fault that she's somewhat typecast, and besides this was filmed before Ashes of Love aired, these dramas are exactly the kind she needed to attract fans. Oh wait I guess she played young and naive in Ode to Joy too, idk I liked her alright in all of them, even when she did annoying things in Ode to Joy.

As for douban's 6.7 rating, mhmm, I think it's partially due to the controversial taiwanese director + sneaky director switching, mix in with maybe some Yang Zi antis that she gathered from Ashes of Love being so popular. It's also pretty basic fluff drama setup, there's plenty to dislike from the beginning. I do think the drama have done well recreating and improving on the book, if it keeps up, it should have no problem climbing up to 7 or 7.5+, which is pretty good for cdramas.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, rocs25 said:

only 1 ep on a day? :(

based on the schedule you should have 2 episodes tomorrow :)  and only 1 episode for Saturday, the rest of the day you will have 2 episodes till they finish airing all 41 episodes on July/31 :) 

jku3nvemMn1SZ3aa8Hy9gagUL7EGDR4WCPoWhU8D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, angelangie said:

based on the schedule you should have 2 episodes tomorrow :)  and only 1 episode for Saturday, the rest of the day you will have 2 episodes till they finish airing all 41 episodes on July/31 :) 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do No quote images

T_T Only a month with Han Shangyan and Tong Nian? It’s ok, my summer’s gonna be very sweet then. I hope Li Xian gain more fans. I think he hit this one out of the ballpark.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@skibbies yeah I know what you mean about Gun's speech/retirement announcement.  During my first watch it was very strange and somehow doesn't fit.  But after watching it like 10 times (sorry I'm just obsessed with this drama at this point), I got used to it and can start feeling the disappointment and betrayal he felt cuz of Solo. It's like he's given up.  

@Nina Bina someone followed Li Xian's weibo followers numbers and since the drama aired he already gained like 900k followers.  He's definitely getting a lot of buzz for this role.  :)

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

900k?! WOW. Huge #! I'm very happy for him! I'm glad he is getting more recognition for his work, although I think Tientsin Mystic and Medical Examiner Qin is more up my alley. LOL I literally youtubed and googled him all day the other day to see what else he's been in and I feel like he's as mysterious as Han Shangyan off-screen. There isn't much on him at all but that's a good thing for an actor. I'm still very confused why HSY hates his friend so I can't wait until they reconcile. It looks pretty sad according to Li Xian's MV where his friend screams I'm Sorry in the tub and he's also crying. Something very big must have happened and I'm curious as heck about it. lol

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, phuong1317 said:

This is the scene I've been waiting for 

Same... drunk squidie is going to be absolutely HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote media
  • Like 2