[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

sugarplum892

18 minutes ago, vintage_chutzpah said:

I do wonder if the director has a say on how the kissing should be. Could have directed it way better. LOL. 

I think directors definitely have a say. I actually found a video online where in the following kissing scenes in Go Go Squid, the director had asked one of them to surprise the other with a kiss so the other didn't know!

• The scene where TN is talking to HYS by his door and she keeps going back and forth and finally he asks if she's done and she goes in for a kiss - apparently the director had told Yang Zi to kiss Li Xian but he wasn't expecting it so in the BTS video, he actually kinda dodges it. LOL
  • The scene where HSY has TN backed against a wall and he gives her a kiss and she acts all shy - Yang Zi wasn't expecting the kiss so her "shy" reaction was actually real.

Now mind you, I just read these on the internet so I don't know if they're necessarily true or not. But I do think that directors have a say on how the kissing scenes should be done, angles, etc. At the end of the day, they want to convey a certain emotion to the audience so I'm sure they orchestrate it as they think it should. I also think that in some situations, they consider the target audience so some kissing scenes are a bit more reserved and generally PG.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, gladys57 said:

They were kissing as NOVICES

This is true. Both are inexperienced and so that translates to the underwhelming kiss scenes. But it may also be the fault of Chinese censorship ^_^ But one particular kiss scene, where he pins her against the wall and YZ's eyes were huge, is totally unscripted. They didn't tell her and he kept saying his lines after kissing her, and so she just went with it.

Maybe the atmosphere the drama wants to convey is sweet, innocent love, bc you can't describe the novel as such. It's actually initially innocent and humorous, then it becomes scandalous when they start feeling each other up haha 

1 hour ago, CatWhiskers said:

Sorry...my previous post was in the wrong thread. Anyway....how is this drama? Worth starting?

Of course it's worth starting! Once you get started, you'd get so addicted you wont stop watching!:lol:

GGS was China's number 1 modern drama from its debut ep till the end ep of 41 and shot Li Xian the male lead to instant fame.:wub:

@CatWhiskers We have an article for reference :D 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1343816wpp/sweet-romance-the-world-of-e-sports-4-reasons-to-watch-c-drama-go-go-squid

I hope they adapt the second novel. I haven't read it yet, but it's said to explore the love stories of Dt and Appledog, and Grunt and Appledog's twin sister. 

On 7/29/2019 at 12:03 PM, Ryan D said:

hello guys I just ask if there is Season 2 go go squid

I hope so. I loved this drama, and i really want more. I feel like it ended so suddenly, the world stage wasnt even in there

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, while I was waiting for all the episodes of Love and Destiny to come on Viki, I decided to give this drama a shot. I am only on ep 3, but I gotta say, Yang Zi's character, Tong Nian is sooo cute!! Not the cringy kind of cute either. Even her room is cute!! 

57 minutes ago, roxnilla7 said:

Can anybody please tell me the episode they get back together? I am at the noble idiocy part where HSY is an absolute richard simmons to TN because her mom didn't approve of the relationship. He's so mean to her, I just cant.

Hello! You shouldn't skip the 2 episodes when they broke off. It isn't angsty at all and there are some cute and funny scenes too. It was fun to see him suffer.:rolleyes:

HSY did the noble idiocy because he'd rather be the BAD GUY than to spoil a mother & daughter relationship and family friendship. :ph34r:

But I can assure you that you'll enjoy those parts you'd want to skip as this BREAK UP is the shortest in dramaland. It'll make the reconciliation more enjoyable to watch! I've rewatched those parts countless times!:blush:

11 hours ago, gladys57 said:

Hello! You shouldn't skip the 2 episodes when they broke off. It isn't angsty at all and there are some cute and funny scenes too. It was fun to see him suffer.:rolleyes:

HSY did the noble idiocy because he'd rather be the BAD GUY than to spoil a mother & daughter relationship and family friendship. :ph34r:

But I can assure you that you'll enjoy those parts you'd want to skip as this BREAK UP is the shortest in dramaland. It'll make the reconciliation more enjoyable to watch! I've rewatched those parts countless times!:blush:

Great! Yeah I've been sticking around and still watching, just wanted to make sure they don't drag the break up part. I was yelling behind my phone screen like, smack him TN, SMACK HIM!! lol. Good to know he suffers. I already see it with his physical love sickness. 

Love this drama. Loved it right from the start and couldn’t stop watching till the very last episode. Gotta be my favorite so far.  I’ve rewatched umpteen times and still loving it. This is the first time I’ve seen Li Xian btw and he aced HSY perfectly. Hope there’s a part 2 for this.

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/31/2019 at 5:26 PM, jewelsc said:

I'm assuming you're referring to the last couple epis' competition..KK won SP in the quarter-finals then SP won for third place in the semi-finals and KK won the grand final.

He meas abt which Championship KK...SP won the Nationals/China Competition...the same one Team Solo won years ago. And like its mentioned there were only 2 spots for The Asian Grand Prize/Asian Cup...since SP & KK were 1fst and 2nd...in the Nationals...they went...and KK won the Asian Cup...and SP got the 3d place

Archived