Quantcast
sugarplum892

[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Go Go Squid! 亲爱的热爱的

Who can ever forget when Han Shang Yun told Tong Nian that he was always hers from the beginning and there can be no other. Awww ....

• Like 5
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, skibbies said:

@El Lieu how are you watching those episodes, China is up to 38 at the moment...? Maybe spoiler that? I haven't seen the episodes but I think you got the gist of it.

We have a TV box and all the episodes were there -- I noticed that the remaining 5 episodes had big writings on top of it -- probably the leaked version...

• Like 1

Don't remember what chapter --- but the scene where she overslept and he brought her to his bed...(she was in her white outfit) and he flipped over on her...telling her that "he is hers..only she has the ability or gut to wake him up" -- it was so sweet..

The kisses were really not passionate hot in this series but I think its also because of the age she is....she is supposed to be only 19 -- still very innocent....although he is 30 I so respect that he doesn't force her into any over the board situation -- even when they got married still discussing where to live..I don't think in the book they took the "next bed step either (although there was a hotter kissing scene in the book)....and I am glad she didn't right out promise him marriage when he first "proposed"......I thought her reaction was right on...and it gave him a chance to realize how disappointed he could be if she left him and cherish her more

In a series like this a 19 year old to 30 year old -- in real life though I could see a big big obstacle with the parents...I don't think I would want my daughter meet a guy 4-6 months dating and then get married...(many who does that end up divorce)…

.thus this series is more a fun sweet romcom...with great characters..

but I have to say too many flashbacks...why waste of time ..could have done more gaming...what is with e sporting that they have to censor?  China doesn't want people addicted to e gaming...the whole series was about winning gold for China -- patriosim---

• Like 3

"I'm yours!" whispered HSY to TN with his sexy, husky voice and staring at her tenderly! He must be trying hard to restrain himself as he'd promised TN's mum he'd behave himself with her.:blush:

I was BLUSHING and quickly switched off the 42"TV set before my family get to see it! Then proceeded to watch that scene and the rest over again from my handphone.:glasses:

Who needs a steamy bed scene when you can swoon over HSY's tender look and sexy, husky voice?:tounge_xd:

I died and revived myself miraculously after watching that profound scene!:innocent:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

I was away for a few days and finally caught up to Episode 34. I thought their first kiss scene was actually really well done (not the quick peck in the earlier episodes). I find that most female leads in Asian dramas usually have this deer in the headlights look when being kissed - mainly to show how chaste, inexperienced, and innocent they are. This being both TN and HSY's first relationship, I think it being more innocent makes sense.

I'm really enjoying HSY's character development and mending relationships with everyone. With him & grandpa, him & stepmom, him & the other members of Team Solo. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, gladys57 said:

I read on another site that China is reviewing the wardrobe of their TV dramas especially the female ones. China is having issues with scantily clothed FLs .:sweatingbullets:

Anyway, most probably her clothes were sponsered by certain clothing companies which promote those "college themed" clothings so she herself, her stylist and production team cant do anything about it. :rolleyes:

The fact that TN could save quite a bit of money for someone her age just goes to show how thrifty she is. So her wardrobe needs to be CHEAP. 

I do notice that she kept wearing the same clothes over again which is realistic. In some Kdramas, the FL can be that poor and can still have branded handphones and wear different outfits for every episode.:lol:

I was actually okay with her clothes earlier in the drama when she was cute and sporty, but it seems like she only knows how to dress in shapeless hoodies and long skirts. THE LONG SKIRT LOOKS BAD.

The thrifty excuse really doesn't work in China, we have Taobao, I've gotten plenty of clothes for really cheap and they definitely don't look anything like hers (I'm pretty sure they were way cheaper than whatever she's wearing too). In both King's Avatar and Gank Your Heart, there were girls wearing sporty short skirts, it's not that scantily clothed. If she has to wear long skirts, there's colourful summer skirts that you wear to the beach and whatever that's suitable for college age kids.

It's sort of extra frustrating because everyone else dress pretty damn well, even the K&K boys who mostly all wear black! Yaya looks pretty cute with hoodies and shorts (why can't TN wear shorts???), appledog look absolutely smashing most of the time (except in flashback where she has some kind of hoodie + a pajama dress? episode 36 when she's visiting HSY and Solo's hotel room. That's the worst look in the entire drama, good god.)

Actually, I noticed yesterday HSY have hilarious bad habit of buttoning ONLY his top button and nothing else, it quite bothered me once I noticed it, since it was just a bizzare styling choice.

1 hour ago, chloevstkawaii said:

I'm really enjoying HSY's character development and mending relationships with everyone. With him & grandpa, him & stepmom, him & the other members of Team Solo. 

I think that was my favourite part of Tempest Chambers. Mending old relationship, forgiving yourself and healing as well as chasing after the dream. The drama did a pretty good job depicting and expanding these themes.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

On 7/19/2019 at 12:26 AM, angelangie said:

didnt he own his own company.....how can he be broke?

antique necklace was over 950,000 yuan.. in USD it's over 130,000+. And drama did said, he put all his money back into K & K. It was also mention, he was just short for that month. He should be good the next month. Hopefully, he paid back his Younger cousin. kekeke.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, littlemay said:

antique necklace was over 950,000 yuan.. in USD it's over 130,000+. And drama did said, he put all his money back into K & K. It was also mention, he was just short for that month. He should be good the next month. Hopefully, he paid back his Younger cousin. kekeke.

I love the expression on Wu Bai's face whenever HSY comes looking for him because he thinks HSY need money, lol.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, skibbies said:

I was actually okay with her clothes earlier in the drama when she was cute and sporty, but it seems like she only knows how to dress in shapeless hoodies and long skirts. THE LONG SKIRT LOOKS BAD.

The thrifty excuse really doesn't work in China, we have Taobao, I've gotten plenty of clothes for really cheap and they definitely don't look anything like hers (I'm pretty sure they were way cheaper than whatever she's wearing too). In both King's Avatar and Gank Your Heart, there were girls wearing sporty short skirts, it's not that scantily clothed. If she has to wear long skirts, there's colourful summer skirts that you wear to the beach and whatever that's suitable for college age kids.

It's sort of extra frustrating because everyone else dress pretty damn well, even the K&K boys who mostly all wear black! Yaya looks pretty cute with hoodies and shorts (why can't TN wear shorts???), appledog look absolutely smashing most of the time (except in flashback where she has some kind of hoodie + a pajama dress? episode 36 when she's visiting HSY and Solo's hotel room. That's the worst look in the entire drama, good god.)

Actually, I noticed yesterday HSY have hilarious bad habit of buttoning ONLY his top button and nothing else, it quite bothered me once I noticed it, since it was just a bizzare styling choice.

I think that was my favourite part of Tempest Chambers. Mending old relationship, forgiving yourself and healing as well as chasing after the dream. The drama did a pretty good job depicting and expanding these themes.

Yeah, there really is no excuse for the way she dresses - the costume designer for her should be shot (or fired at least lol).  In the books she wears sexy clothing, mini-skirts, etc., but they could have made her look distinctive for the show even if that was thought risque.  Her oversized faux-80's fashion crossed with cutesy now is more suited to middle aged women like me trying to hide that extra 20 lbs from babies and aging (though we wouldn't be caught dead in those clothes either lol).

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

21 minutes ago, brielover said:

Yeah, there really is no excuse for the way she dresses - the costume designer for her should be shot (or fired at least lol).  In the books she wears sexy clothing, mini-skirts, etc., but they could have made her look distinctive for the show even if that was thought risque.  Her oversized faux-80's fashion crossed with cutesy now is more suited to middle aged women like me trying to hide that extra 20 lbs from babies and aging (though we wouldn't be caught dead in those clothes either lol).

Lol, i'm pretty sure alot of the college girls wouldn't wanna be caught dead in those clothes either, now with YY's wears, those r more preferably by the college girls..even her cosplay g/f wears r so much more prettier for a young married woman.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

On 7/27/2019 at 12:05 PM, El Lieu said:

Thank you for both for answering my question...

interesting both cousins are handsome and cool..similar in nature don’t talk much...

I could have sworn I heard HSY call his grandfather 爺爺 (paternal grandfather), and Wu Bai call him 外公 (maternal grandfather) the the first dinner meeting at TN's house.

• Like 2

006TQichly1g4tg1swicaj34k236ue8g.jpgqhK-F2OlPGFaENyUl-SpOgD84qMn_SBzpU3N12wEK6TYQO6HZEYsdSdMG4-Np9GGoA8P_kefSUBnl6n1Rak_NIQVTNFDgRA9IrYggRfLcLSj4RW_5ewe43ISuvYCAe7Jofwcn7VofexoJD9r0zJnWQRuuBnBTZZe8ByRn-5BuncoQVHqDzpSl2Hm4mwkAKNJwZMCZ-Y7DfXlBjRZYQUDgLa0z3RYvjYAyVhbGME-OxaS2pa4Sa2QY4a0y9a7tCROs_WoZCQ-qR8K4HDM2l6ACfQDtusx5siZ1ENNwouga7ncR4oo_KRlCbwilLsUOoAZIiUqJMv9I3jmVe-HZR7bGD5lT4oKRxHTkuXtcf4q3JGsLoBsDgTkPu0qkWICG59xANayDJ1EGrEIr4aV1HHxyrPn8SoYucJ8yTjz79Kn7Bzg5GDB9VZZl_3l7MfXvakutsZwE3xOZEJdtkPrrV4fmUHLdDYo8EBZ2cNq-BbMgMREyryOnAZfdXg7q3EeJ-4nkPTSrmJOEID94MyeaTmnSvAYqTe8sLTgCrd4OeFJfuo18PFGOdF9r3qj8QCR4rlzmM7PS5lKiPSou-qqCuu66ewhXMA9IorylUsRPSVm-kTs6wwXnFHnL6p06qwks65lBF211gBrmOLyz25hmKpIViVCFCVTTGY=s800?Go%20Go%20Squid%20China%20Drama.jpg9hrk3BCoJqLQxC8r7UtG2PwihtG.jpg

Love reading everyone's thoughts and opinions here.  I guess for me wardrobe isn't as important to me as the chemistry and body language that can be expressed and if done right can be seen and felt.  There was something magical about the way in which this OTP at least for me used every part of themselves from his often intense stares to her beautiful big eyes that felt as if someone could get lost in them forever...

It was their passion that in every push and pull brought us in closer and tied our hearts up in wanting so much more.  It was innocent at moments and yet there was never a doubt of that yearning in wanting them to move even one inch closer to one another.  It wasn't about the kissing or even the touching it was the way in which this writer uses the individual thoughts that push our emotions to another level.  Showing a love story that proves sometimes you just can't let go no matter what others say, no matter how wrong it might even feel it's just simply about ones own heart...

It's how she made him feel and that part of him he could see right there in her eyes looking back at him.  Every time.   It's how he made her feel the first moment she laid eyes on him and she never looked away.  Knowing that you need someone and even if they don't know it they need you too. 

It's that hope and maybe our cheering hearts that see two people no matter the age or the odds that just look and feel right together and we can't help but want them to be together too ...

Just don't let go...  It's like we are feeling it too...

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 1

I've really enjoyed this drama--I will hate to see it end. If I have one little complaint--I wish the kissing scenes were a little more realistic. Tired of seeing her wide-eyed and shocked and stiff as a board each time they kiss. 

I'm also a little tired of SP winning the head to head all the time. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, AppleBanana said:

Does anyone know what scene this was from 0:45 onward. I dont remember seeing this scene at all. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Mq8nIjwHo.

THANKS!

That's like an extra scene they did for promotion so it's not part of the drama but it's sooooo cute! :wub:

Here's a tweet that shows the full clip. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

I imagine it might be about product placement although I didn't see any brand name but to spend several minutes watching NN playing barista with a coffee machine with all the bells and whistles doesn't seem like time well spent. It's already been established that she's a smart and capable cookie so I frankly don't see the point in all that. It's kinda funny and cute (Who doesn't enjoy watching HSY writhing in jealousy) but what's the point of it and at this point in the story?

I noticed that others here were complaining that a recent key competition was cut for reasons unknown. And then in Episode 40 again... we're watching flashbacks... then voila it's all over. It's especially telling when there's so much buildup: everyone's all nerves... the cheerleading, the pre-match conversations... but the actual competition doesn't rate much in the unfolding.  

This is my biggest beef with this drama. The odd mix of key plot points comedic filler, fan servicing, overmuch expositions and extraneous dialogue that leads to an unevenness in the storytelling.

That said, the human emotions conveyed here come across as being genuine. For that we can give most of the credit to the actors for bringing us into the inner lives, thought processes and for making us root for them. When the dialogue is good, it's really good... when it is unnecessary... well... you know what I think... ;)

There's no doubting that HSY loves his boys. He's a great paternal-fraternal figure that hits all the right notes. It's heartwarming in this day and age of oversexualization to see such an unashamed celebration of brotherhood. 

Xiao Mi and Ya Ya are just perfect together. At the risk of being firebombed, I will say that I find their romance more organic and believable. Some might find it boring but I'm just glad that those two found each other.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

@40somethingahjumma The disjointed editing is, I think,  a result of the cut scenes...which is a whole 3 episodes worth. All of these scenes were game related (supposed to be Counterstrike scenes) that they filmed already. Remember the part when Gun games with TN and taught her how to climb those steps? Basically the extra scenes were similar to that...in that the actors were "in the game". On Twitter the are pics of those scenes (Li Xian posing with a rifle, etc). So when these scenes did not pass censorship and were cut, the end result is this mess at the end. The resolution of this story depended solely on the gaming competition so when they cut the scenes nothing made sense. It's really too bad. Maybe some day someone will leak the original material that it's meant to be. 

• Like 6
  • Unamused 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, AppleBanana said:

Does anyone know what scene this was from 0:45 onward. I dont remember seeing this scene at all. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Mq8nIjwHo.

THANKS!

I was like you as I kept searching for it too. :ph34r:

Probably it is one of those edited scenes. I read somewhere that GGS actually has 44 episodes.:sweatingbullets:

Many people are disappointed that many of the CTF competition parts were censored.B)

• Like 4

17 hours ago, El Lieu said:

but I have to say too many flashbacks...why waste of time ..

This is probably to increase the number of episodes for commercial reasons. I have begun to tire of such tactics in dramas that are picked up for broadcast on the TV channels as they seriously dilute the quality and disrupt the pace of the drama, not to mention the ending may be edited until it makes no sense.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1